test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance - November 20th, 2014 - Discussion

theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
So, new patch is coming up http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1302391

Impressive list of fixes, thanks a lot guys :)

But you totally forgot the second line to this:

-Resolved an issue where Fleet Admiral pips would not appear in the tailor for Federation Captains.
-Resolved an issue where Dahar Master Cloaks would not appear in the tailor for KDF Captains.

:o
Post edited by theanothername on

Comments

• imruinedimruined Member Posts: 1,457 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    westmetals wrote: »
    And the notes don't mention the new bug I just discovered today.

Ummm, yeah... Excuse me if the hint of sarcasm that should accompany that statement escaped me coz it seems you were actually serious... o.O
    The entitlement is strong in these forums...

not_funny_Q_shadows_small.jpg
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited November 2014

And the notes don't mention the new bug I just discovered today. (In the Rom-KDF version of "Everything Old is New", the Starfleet "Ensign Engineering Officer"s are wearing Odyssey uniforms. On 23rd century Drozana. Where everyone else is wearing TOS uniforms.)

Quit your whining, ship tailor has finally been fixed. :D
    -Resolved an issue where color changes would not apply in the ship tailor unless the Randomize button was used.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Aw crud, you made this thread while I was typing out my own thread. Maybe we can get a thread merge from the mods. I'm really happy that a lot of very good fixes are coming in this patch. We could use more like it.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
    edited November 2014
    Considering what the bug IS, it should have been discovered, reported, and probably fixed quite a while ago... it's pretty basic.

Seeing how that bug originally came about though the general uniform revamp some months ago...you dropped the ball too. :P
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • zachariyazachariya Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    My problem is with this
    Scryer Intel Science Vessel:

This starship now has a secondary deflector slot.
    Players who own the Scryer may purchase a generic secondary deflector from the Dilithium Store in the special tab.
    This starship now has the Sensor Analysis ability.

So when are all the other science ships getting their secondary deflector slot? I'm getting tired of waiting when they clearly can add them to ships as they please.
    Shoot through the Galaxy, Final Master Spark!
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Seeing how that bug originally came about with the general uniform revamp some months ago...you dropped the ball too. :P

Seeing how that bug is purely cosmetic, I'm not at all surprised it's not very talked about and absolutely not surprised it's not being treated as a priority. It's not even bizarrely cosmetic like the player zoning into ESD as their ship, it's just an anachronistic uniform. Irritating for the anal-retentive and those of fragile immersion, sure, but ultimately utterly harmless.
  • jon1764jon1764 Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I am just glad that the Kazon no longer have the TOS phasers (or the sound at least)
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Good job devs, go get yourself some cookies you earned them. :)

HURRAY FOR THE SCRYER!:D

It finally gets the second deflector that's already clearly visible on the ship's model and even an non customizable option in the tailor.

Also does SA work together with gathering intel? Seems kind of overkill on debuffing.
    edited November 2014
    I only have one character of that faction alignment, and she's new; this was her first run of that mission. I didn't see it with any of my other characters. So no, not a failure on my part. But I'm sure there were quite a few other players who would have seen it....

Like me. However what I was trying to point you to is that BECAUSE YOU HAD OTHER PRIORITIES you didn't see this bug when it first went live. That also can apply to developers (and with respect to fixes as well.)
  • syndonaisyndonai Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Does anyone know what the new ship materials for the T5-U & T6 ships look like? As I'm pretty excited about slapping a new skin on my scimitar.
    PKsymbol.JPG

Peacekeeper High Command
    Scorpius - Zelbinion Mk II
  • sarcasmdetectorsarcasmdetector Member Posts: 1,176 Media Corps
    edited November 2014
    syndonai wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the new ship materials for the T5-U & T6 ships look like? As I'm pretty excited about slapping a new skin on my scimitar.

Even though this was never patched to Tribble for testing at all, I do happen to know what the new skin looks like. Unfortunatly it involves Wizardry and a Wizard never reveals his or her secrets.
  • pupibirdpupibird Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Sometimes..while reading through the patch notes, I get the feeling those so-called bugs were just a try by the dev to shove a change down our throats without having the guts to tell us. Dilithium-rewards, abilities, XP and all other stuff get changed, lets see how much the community rages, and if the rage reaches a specific peak we call it a bug and change it again...what a poor business.:mad:
  • syndonaisyndonai Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Even though this was never patched to Tribble for testing at all, I do happen to know what the new skin looks like. Unfortunatly it involves Wizardry and a Wizard never reveals his or her secrets.

Gah! That means I have to get through work and wait till half 5ish.

C'mon, gimme a sneaky peak. Whats the prominent colour? ;)
    PKsymbol.JPG

Peacekeeper High Command
    Scorpius - Zelbinion Mk II
  • bi0f0dd3rbi0f0dd3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Nice progress towards catching up.....that list of "known issues" is a bit thinner then it should be though. ;)

How bout a bit of love on the Delta Patrols backgrounds that cripple FPS....that'd be great, since dancing at the club doesn't level my KDF or KRoms.
  • r5e4w3q2r5e4w3q2 Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Players who own the Scryer may purchase a generic secondary deflector from the Dilithium Store in the special tab.

Glad to see it get the secondary deflector slot that it needed, kinda odd to have the SA added as well though.
  • beerxhyperbeerxhyper Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    while i am glad about this
    Resolved an issue where the Bellerophon costume was not unlocking correctly after purchasing the Bellerophon Science Vessel Refit.
    i am oh for the love of god on this
    Changed the scaling of all carrier fighters’ damage, shields, and hit points so they scale relative to the player and not the NPCs.
    Previously, the fighters were scaling at too high of a rate of damage, shields, and hit points
    i mean my pets have never had this problem well they stay as they where or does this nerf them even worse?

• dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    zachariya wrote: »
    My problem is with this

So when are all the other science ships getting their secondary deflector slot? I'm getting tired of waiting when they clearly can add them to ships as they please.

I am just glad that this science ship has actually now become a science ship. Ever since its first live stream I have been arguing for its sensor analysis to be put on it. Thanks Cryptic for that and the free outfits :)

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • johnstewardjohnsteward Member Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    So it only took them 1.5 years to fix the missing body parts thing after trading embassy rom boffs.. Wow i'm impressed
  • bannon3bannon3 Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    jon1764 wrote: »
    I am just glad that the Kazon no longer have the TOS phasers (or the sound at least)

Maybe now they can look at the Malon, if I remember correctly they use some pulse burst weapon in the episodes not beams as seen in game. Unless there was a later appearance in the series I missed where they did use beams?
    In Space, Cryptic cant hear you scream!!!
  • betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    did they boost XP for level 60s anywhere?
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    It doesn't surprise me that none of this went to tribble first, considering the experience fiddling is in there.

Three things they still haven't addressed though; Orb Weaver has no Sensor Analysis still, the Kobali Personal Shield needs to be made a replay reward and most importantly the upgrade system costs are not being addressed.

Kinda funny they don't let us comment on the patch notes any more, just shows how scared they are of being made to look bad now.
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The Club Wear outfits can only be worn in the following zones:

Yay! More zone-restricted clothing. Just what we always needed. Not! :mad:

Guess I'll get it this time, if its free...maybe even see what it looks like in the tailor. Still not gonna wear it, I have better things to do than change outfits all the time based on whatever the powers that be feel like allowing on any given map. :(
  • mosul33mosul33 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    While there are many bug fixes and all, there are some unnecesarry changes that will hurt more then help. Like why change the shotgun???:confused: This is outragious. Again limit options or restraining players for nothing. And this certainly contradicts a dev "motto" I saw a week or so, where a dev stated that they want more options=better. Yet this proves the opossite. Now where is the option in here?? This just killed it. This totaly sux man.

And I fear the xp changes and how this will affect the xp gained via doffing. I have a bad feeling about this since there isnt any mentioning about updating those. Wouldnt surprise me that this move would be just to nerf xp gained via doffing on alts, since if both xp gain from defeating NPCs and xp needed to lvl will increase, the xp gained via doffing will remain the same and will mean very little. And this becouse, again, a few idiots came on forums and claimed they gain more xp from doffing then fighting. People will never learn I guess :(
  • smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    By the prophets, they fixed the ship tailor bug! That's a really old one.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • swatopswatop Member Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I like the list of fixes in the patch notes this week.
    There is certainly more to fix but its at least some nice improvement. For several months the first patch notes/changes I am really looking forward to.
  • leethorogoodleethorogood Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I can't help but feel that the reason none of this went to Tribble this week was to prevent the big re-opening of Club 47 from being ruined. :rolleyes: