sophus84atsophus84at Member Posts: 404 Arc User
"Mei Borg is net deppat".....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by sophus84at on

Comments

• Options
    js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Here's hoping it has a separate chat channel. The attention seeking cries of "Party at Club 47!!!" followed by the extremely sad sight of 2 people stood underneath a party amp is something that was definitely not missed by anyone ever in any dimension.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I hope they let Taco redesign DS9 now. Or let him give us a Delta command that doesn't look phoned in, at least.
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2014
    js26568 wrote: »
    Here's hoping it has a separate chat channel. The attention seeking cries of "Party at Club 47!!!" followed by the extremely sad sight of 2 people stood underneath a party amp is something that was definitely not missed by anyone ever in any dimension.

Sorry, Zone Chat is based on the map you're in. Nothing I can do about that.
    You are free to make up a Club Chat channel though.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I hope they let Taco redesign DS9 now. Or let him give us a Delta command that doesn't look phoned in, at least.
    I would love better to have him work on a Romulan Academy (or whatever, a Senate would actually makes sense), while cutting access to Romulan from the DOFF quests in their allied academy, for balance sake.

Anyway, I have a very important question, did the music for club 47 change, or is there at least several tracks ? No wonder it was deserted with having the same music over and over for a year^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    sophus84at wrote: »

WHEN....cant wait to shake it off :)
    DUwNP.gif

• Options
    stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Pictures look great Taco! Can't wait to check the place out!
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • Options
    vfpfyasko1vfpfyasko1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    They have time to remake an area they left out but they dont have time to fix bugs? Priorities, this is what is wrong with what is STO. Does STO not have a project manager?
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    erei1 wrote: »
    I would love better to have him work on a Romulan Academy (or whatever, a Senate would actually makes sense), while cutting access to Romulan from the DOFF quests in their allied academy, for balance sake.

Mixed feelings on a Romulan academy, honestly. It feels unneeded. The Starfleet one is nice because it's a canon location. The Klingon one feels like it's olny there for balance sake -- Starfleet academy's in, so add a Klingon academy. The services could've been in First City instead.

Right now I can go to New Romulus Command and do everything I would at an academy, while still having shipyard and vendor access. It's my favorite social hub for a reason. I'd hate to lose access to that stuff from one location. Romulans already get two very nice social maps to themselves (if the flotilla had doff assignments and the aforementioned services, I'd probably stay there instead of Command.), I don't see a new academy being more worthwhile than redesigning a frequented canon location.

Now adding a senate room to the existing Command building...that I could get behind.
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I don't get why people want it? Seems like a waste of time honestly...because the only time I ever saw anyone in the old one in my years of gameplay was pretty much only the yearly anniversary when Q was there.
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Mixed feelings on a Romulan academy, honestly. It feels unneeded. The Starfleet one is nice because it's a canon location. The Klingon one feels like it's olny there for balance sake -- Starfleet academy's in, so add a Klingon academy. The services could've been in First City instead.

Right now I can go to New Romulus Command and do everything I would at an academy, while still having shipyard and vendor access. It's my favorite social hub for a reason. I'd hate to lose access to that stuff from one location. Romulans already get two very nice social maps to themselves (if the flotilla had doff assignments and the aforementioned services, I'd probably stay there instead of Command.), I don't see a new academy being more worthwhile than redesigning a frequented canon location.

Now adding a senate room to the existing Command building...that I could get behind.
    Romulan academy or senate, or whatever. I feel it's wrong the need to go across several space sector for basics doff, while the fed and kdf just have to beam down from the main hub.
    And I'm not even mentioning the security officer.

And new romulus command having everything ? Like a security officer, cultural doff (IE like vulcan for fed), various events (Q's box, anomaly...) ? Not really sure about that.

And balance sake is good when it comes to make Romulan more a Faction than fed/kdf sidekick.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    F*ck bugs, we need a club nobody visits and is 99% of time empty, just taking up space...
  • Options
    stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited November 2014

That's a good idea. Perhaps similar to the one in Nemesis, but obviously updated to reflect the New Romulus theme.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    erei1 wrote: »
    Romulan academy or senate, or whatever. I feel it's wrong the need to go across several space sector for basics doff, while the fed and kdf just have to beam down from the main hub.
    And I'm not even mentioning the security officer.

And new romulus command having everything ? Like a security officer, cultural doff (IE like vulcan for fed), various events (Q's box, anomaly...) ? Not really sure about that.

The security officer, I'll give you...but keep in mind, there isn't one at Starfleet or Klingon academy, either. You can recruit Romulan doffs, request R&D assistance, and buy your ally's doffs in Command. During events, Q's there with a portal that takes you directly to your ally's academy.

No cultural exchanges are another thing I'll give you, but you were talking about removing access to your ally's recruitment, so...
  • Options
    feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Sounds like time to go stock up on nerve tonics.

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    vfpfyasko1 wrote: »
    They have time to remake an area they left out but they dont have time to fix bugs? Priorities, this is what is wrong with what is STO. Does STO not have a project manager?

Taco fangs is an artist not a programmer,he cannot fix bugs and nothing he does takes away from work borticus and his people are doing to fix the bugs.
  • Options
    medalionemissarymedalionemissary Member Posts: 612 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Quoted for Emphasis

DS9 needs some lovin... Terok Nor, doesn't have to be Terrible Nor
    Deep Space Nine in HD, make it so!
  • Options
    tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    You people do realize that a dev is not a dev is not a dev? Different devs have different expertise and work on different aspects of this game.
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    feiqa wrote: »
    Sounds like time to go stock up on nerve tonics.

Did you see the recent change that added new nerve tonics and let's you get extras when you play the mission?
  • Options
    jake477jake477 Member Posts: 526 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Taco Fangs, PLEASE MAKE A ROMULAN SENATE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "This planet smells, it must be the Klingons"
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,318 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    jake477 wrote: »
    Taco Fangs, PLEASE MAKE A ROMULAN SENATE

With or without taleron device set to go off..
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Did you see the recent change that added new nerve tonics and let's you get extras when you play the mission?

Yup, that's why with the club coming back it is time to stock up. :D

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • Options
    bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    Let's hope it will be as cool as the lower Afterlife Club on Omega station. :D
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
  • Options
    xaramanxaraman Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Sorry, Zone Chat is based on the map you're in. Nothing I can do about that.
    Any chance you could suggest to them that it becomes it's own instance/zone within ESD then?

Cheers!
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    xaraman wrote: »
    Any chance you could suggest to them that it becomes it's own instance/zone within ESD then?

Cheers!

I think they would have to make a whole map out of it, with closed doors and walls.
  • Options
    xaramanxaraman Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    What about Quarks, in DS9?

That's it's own instance, isn't it?
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    job done seems awesome: modelling + texturing :)
  • Options
    tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    xaraman wrote: »
    What about Quarks, in DS9?

That's it's own instance, isn't it?

No, it's actually the same instance, just displaced from the main station on the map. Similar to how your ship's bridge, crew deck and engineering all exist in the same instance but are phyiscally seperated from one another in the actual environment
  • Options
    zero2362zero2362 Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    woodwhity wrote: »
    F*ck bugs, we need a club nobody visits and is 99% of time empty, just taking up space...

Captains table says hi
    343rguu.jpg

• Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    This is good. I will visit it once I get back to Earth. With my Fed and Romulan both away on missions. It will be a while before I get back.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    edited November 2014
    YAY! Clubbin' in Space! Can't wait for the new one Taco. Looks bigger and better than the last one!
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)