test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FYI: Loadouts are NOT fixed.

skurfskurf Member Posts: 1,071 Arc User
edited November 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I saw a bunch of stuff in the patch notes about how they fixed this issue with loadouts and that issue with loadouts, but the main problem of the Powers Tray going all random is still there!

I made my build, with custom power-tray and everything, then I changed ships, and when I changed back to the ship I had made my loadout on, the tray was completely fubarred. Then I tried to load another loadout that I had previously saved and it messed it up even more! None of my loadouts will load the power tray to anything even close to what I saved it as! It's all random crud and blank spaces and I'm getting sick and tired of it! I paid for the extra loadouts of this feature, but the feature has never properly worked.
Post edited by skurf on

Comments

• meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ^^ I concur. Loadouts are most certainly not fixed.

And batteries still unslotting like before (the only difference, near as I can tell, is that batteries no longer get slotted elsewhere; but I may just not have given it enough time yet).
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • philipclaybergphilipclayberg Member Posts: 1,680
    edited November 2014
    Three of my characters' space power trays still have the same problem they had before the most recent patch. Only the fourth (who didn't do power levelling at Beta Thoridar or Japori) is unaffected, thank goodness. Her problem is: she's Romulan (Fed-allied) and can't beam up from Starfleet Academy ... unless that got fixed recently.
  • marsupilamimarsupilami Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    skurf wrote: »
    I saw a bunch of stuff in the patch notes about how they fixed this issue with loadouts and that issue with loadouts, but the main problem of the Powers Tray going all random is still there!

It's worse. Characters that had been previously unaffected are now messed up too.
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Better get used to it guys. This is just the norm now. Loadouts will remain forever broken.
  • admiralkirkadmiralkirk Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    the devs fixed the space power trays

for other devs. they sure didn't mine. all weapons enhancements are gone when I go to space from any other map. most annoying.
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Trays will never be fixed. Ever.

/cynic

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • humblesheephumblesheep Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It's worse. Characters that had been previously unaffected are now messed up too.

+1.

Both my main characters now have it. After mirror finishes, I'll be taking a break untill this is sorted. And there is no way I am upgrading any of my other characters to Mk XIV gear just to have the same thing happen to them.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,863 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'm also having this problem a bit but it doesn't sound as bad as what some of you all are dealing with.

The thing that is really irking me at the moment is weapon slotting, character I'm maining right now is a Sci in a Torp Vesta. Photon based I use the Grav torp and 2 bio torps up front, I slot the Grav torp first so I can drop the ever famous grav well/TS with a grav torp combo for a opener.

But often even if my Grav torp is clearly in the first slot my bio torps will fire first, it's to the point where I manually remove the 3 torps and spot them in order in the time I load in with the countdown before a stf starts.
    Can't have a honest conversation because of a white knight with power
  • tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Cryptic "talk" a good patch, always have... :o
  • mikearoomikearoo Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited November 2014

+2 (someone already +1'ed it)

I have noticed this exactly. characters that previously had no issue with it, are now having equipment and batteries disappearing all over the place. I have taken to task, every time i zone, to bring up my ship screen and put stuff back in the way it was supposed to be then adjust my trays. I have tried setting a loadout on all my characters, but it doesn't seem to work all the time either.
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Loadouts haven't worked since they released them. And I doubt if they have any high level priority to be fully fixed.

The only way I have found That this loadouts thing works is to have only ONE loadout per ship. The instant you save a second one, the game loses the ability to keep track of what is what.

Again this is from my experience. When I have one loadout everything works fine. I try a second one, and then it doesnt work at all.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014

YES!!!!

I have a toon that has never once has any of these issues and now not only is her Tray messing up but gear randomly unequips....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Loadouts haven't worked since they released them. And I doubt if they have any high level priority to be fully fixed.

The power trays have always been bugged to hell. Its just that load outs exacerbated the problem and made it more wide spread. The issues were there long before
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • humblesheephumblesheep Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited November 2014

The only way I have found That this loadouts thing works is to have only ONE loadout per ship. The instant you save a second one, the game loses the ability to keep track of what is what.

Again this is from my experience. When I have one loadout everything works fine. I try a second one, and then it doesnt work at all.

I had never used loadouts before I got the bug, I only tried them to get rid of it.
  • alaerickalaerick Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yeah I am too noticing characters previously uneffected having random space power trays going to **** when I change maps. It's especially annoying when I zone into a PVE queue I feel like I am TRIBBLE my team... or rather cryptic is as I scramble to get all my skills back on the tray.. :(
    A beautiful death awaits you...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Foundry-
    Campaign: The Battle of Neverwinter - NWS-DOQXFA4ZD
    Prologue: A not so simple plan - NW-DCJG75B9D
  • perfectshipsperfectships Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited November 2014

/cynic

Dunno, I had this really bad (though not anywhere near as bad as now!) when I first started playing just after LOR. It took from then to just before DR for the bug to finally settle down, and not affect me too much, if not at all.

So I predict that they'll fix it a week before the next Expansion, and that Expansion will kick it back off again, and a further tenfold worse than it is now.

Never /cynic.:D
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited November 2014

/cynic

It's particularly sad they never fix them, especially since they've become so essential after DR. Loadout bugs are among the most egregious in game. Fixing the loadout system should get the highest priority.

Whether it's sheer incompetence, or just laziness, or thinking we'll buy stuff anyway, without them fixing it, I dunno; but I *do* know if they want to promote people flying many ships (= more sales for them), they would do well to fix this, as the crappy loadout system makes me want to change ships as few times as possible!
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • fcsp1910fcsp1910 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The Loadout feature is a nice a idea, but as we know it, it still doesn't work as intended.

- Do your ship setups only in sector space!!! Did one recently in First City orbit and my tray was completely messed up on joining an STF afterwards :(

- After finishing your setup SAVE the loadout and swap ships and back to see if it's still in your setup condition. Works nicely for me on swapping between my 'fighting' ship and freighter...

- Check you tray setup after you have trained a boff for another player and/or on letting another boff joining your crew. In most cases your tray is likely to be messed up again.

Bugs seem to appear at swapping ships at ESD & starbase as well. Did one today on our starbase and had a skill and one slotted active doff missing.

Recently upgraded my Kar'Fi to a Fleet a Fleet Kar'Fi T5-U, transfered and edited my old loadout to the newer ship. Saved this to a new loadout (in sector space) and it worked like a charm after swapping with a Tuffli in sector space again to have another MI run.

So load/save/swap ships ONLY IN SECTOR SPACE!! ...that somehow works fine for me so far. Anywhere else it ends up in a mess...
  • usswildfireusswildfire Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    If this were a bug that benefited players in any way it would be emergency patched. Since it's not, Cryptic doesn't care to make it a priority.

I'm not spending another dime on this game until this is addressed. After having to reset every tray on every character every time I log in.. I'm quickly losing patience to even bother.

You might actually gain some goodwill with your players by setting aside the nerf bat for a couple weeks and concentrating on bug fixes/UI improvements. You may not be able to monetize bug fixes but if the bugs are driving away your players you are losing money anyway.
  • wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Guys you all seem shocked that power tray is still buged its been that way since day 1 of me playing in Feb 2012. The save loadouts was ment to fix it but its a massive fail, and the fact that you can buy more slots shows how much they care about plays that spent money on them.
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I have got to the stage I no longer try to arrange any of my ships power trays, if I go in to combat and there is a power available I can use then I do but empty spaces and duplicated powers just stay where they are, its just not worth the bother especially when your in a team mission.
    I have in the past got my tray just how I want it, qued for an stf and as soon as I warp into the mission its back as it was before.

I was really hopeful when I see the release notes said they had fixed this issue, then when I see it was unchanged I had to check my calendar to make sure it wasn't april 1st.

just add it to the long list of bugs that will never be fixed.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• wolfloperwolfloper Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    What's up with this, Mr. Cryptic? Every couple of days I log in on one of my toons and the skill bars is messed up. Its getting to be a bummer -- little piont in dealing with the frustration if there's no acknowledgement of the issue and no attepmt to fix it....
  • geckoisalizardgeckoisalizard Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    wolfloper wrote: »
    What's up with this, Mr. Cryptic? Every couple of days I log in on one of my toons and the skill bars is messed up. Its getting to be a bummer -- little piont in dealing with the frustration if there's no acknowledgement of the issue and no attepmt to fix it....

They did "fix" it in last patch, read the notes lol.

More like broke it more
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Fixing the loadout system should get the highest priority.

I'd say that the Mac crashing bug's worse.
    In any case, I've also had batteries randomly get deslotted.
  • skurfskurf Member Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Now I have a new problem. So I got a loadout saved, but every time I enter into a queued map it removes any set powers I have on my tray, like Proton Barrage and Isokinetic Cannon. And what sucks is that I don't actually notice until I try to use them cause they're not on my vissible trays, but rather on hidden trays that I am using with keybinds. I've tried renaming, resaving and even saving it in a brand new loadout slot. Nothing seems to work.
  • trekkie80trekkie80 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    skurf wrote: »

I made my build, with custom power-tray and everything, then I changed ships, and when I changed back to the ship I had made my loadout on, the tray was completely fubarred. Then I tried to load another loadout that I had previously saved and it messed it up even more! None of my loadouts will load the power tray to anything even close to what I saved it as! It's all random crud and blank spaces and I'm getting sick and tired of it! I paid for the extra loadouts of this feature, but the feature has never properly worked.

I get the same thing. Every time I switch areas, my power tray is reset. I've actually had it reset while I was rearranging it!

This is quite frustrating. Perhaps they should have actually tested these fixes before declaring them resolved.
  • wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    trekkie80 wrote: »
    I get the same thing. Every time I switch areas, my power tray is reset. I've actually had it reset while I was rearranging it!

This is quite frustrating. Perhaps they should have actually tested these fixes before declaring them resolved.

ha ha funny craptic does not test things
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • nazelnagnazelnag Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited November 2014

yes, having that annoying issue on an alt previously unaffected - every time i go in to a space stf, i have to set up all my power tray again - really inconvenient :mad:
  • nitefiuunitefiuu Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited November 2014

w.o.r.k.a.r.o.u.n.d

1) set everything up as you'd like to play
    2) save loadout as ( ex.: ohboy1 )
    3) swap 2x already equipped item on the ship (like 2x beam array, etc.)
    4) save loadout as ( ex.: ohboy2 )
    5) enjoy you tray once again.

note: it is possible that your tray will goes empty from time to time depending on the circumstances BUT all you need to do is load in one of your loadout which are the same as a matter of content except you changed a weapon order.

IF your tray still looks empty check if your Bridge Officers are seated at all? If not probably all you need to do is re-seat em in the original order as they were seated before and your skill in the tray will reappear in the correct slot by default
    Battle Trek Online: KILL EVERYTHING
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    nitefiuu wrote: »

w.o.r.k.a.r.o.u.n.d

1) set everything up as you'd like to play
    2) save loadout as ( ex.: ohboy1 )
    3) swap 2x already equipped item on the ship (like 2x beam array, etc.)
    4) save loadout as ( ex.: ohboy2 )
    5) enjoy you tray once again.

note: it is possible that your tray will goes empty from time to time depending on the circumstances BUT all you need to do is load in one of your loadout which are the same as a matter of content except you changed a weapon order.

IF your tray still looks empty check if your Bridge Officers are seated at all? If not probably all you need to do is re-seat em in the original order as they were seated before and your skill in the tray will reappear in the correct slot by default

See what worries me is that the previous w.o.r.k.a.r.o.u.n.d was to simply not have loadouts... until recently, only my characters with saved loadouts were bugged. Now, my power trays, equipment, boffs, etc. all get unslotted regardless of having loadouts or not... ugh. :(
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​