test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Upcoming changes to Hangar Pets and Separation pets.

Comments

• Options
    nova2284nova2284 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It does feel that way does't it? lol

And

Cryptic what happened too the second deflector our Sci ships were supposed too get. Why not buff Sci and stop nerfing things that do not need too be nerfed

i think he was right its ending
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DELTA RISING FIXS THERE NEVER COMING WHY I'M I WASTING MY TIME ASKING FOR THEM ???
  • Options
    veepnovaveepnova Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Not really sure where the issue is with this. Granted, I am only level 53 on my Carrier captain, but my Swarmers have 3,009 HP. they die if you look at them too hard. My power tray, however, still keeps resetting itself to a pre-DR configuration. Can we please get THAT fixed too?
  • Options
    arrmateysarrmateys Member Posts: 466 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    In some cases, the sum of the players pets were far outperforming the player’s ship itself.
    perhaps it's worth considering that there are players whose performance in the game is so bad, the stock pet ai outdoes them.

not that pets are overpowered, but that some players are simply terrible at this game, even when decked out with pay to win gear.
    Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the cr​ap out of me.
    We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
    We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.
  • Options
    imperialmirrorimperialmirror Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    nova2284 wrote: »
    i think he was right its ending

HOLD ON PEOPLE !!! We're Circling the drain !!!!
    1Wv2pWK.gif
  • Options
    raptorzsraptorzs Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    With all due respect to the cryptic development team... One of the main reasons I have had great successes(more failures in recent weeks) with some of my science toons is that they are all in carriers. The carriers are some of my favorite ships in game. The advantage with having pets is minimal at best. If anything they only pad out the overall DPS for my science toons and make for a more interesting combat experience. If anything else they help with the burden of trying to accomplish some of your PVE content... Pets already die way too easily in game. If I am combating large groups of enemies for example a good torp spread or beam 'fire at will' will kill most of my pets in an instance. The Voth just have them for breakfast...
    What you are proposing (and most likely going to do regardless of how your playerbase feels) is unnecessary. You have so many issues at the moment with the game that this what you chose to focus on... I'm having a hard time understanding what it is your are trying to accomplish for this game anymore aside from the fact that this game is now nothing more than a forever grind or a money pit... Please don't misunderstand me. Companies need to make money but you good sirs have turned it into an art form..There in fact may be something that you are unaware of as for whatever reason you do not test out your work or changes.
    You continuously ignore major bugs with the game. Some are quite aggravating. The biggest one that comes to mind is the skill tray bug that regardless of whatever workaround a player uses when they transition from ground to space or now from a space map to a space map your trays are all but broken. This is especially aggravating when attempting your PVE content at the moment.
    Your customer service continues to be terrible to the point of which your development staff is openly insulting your customers... (IE the playerbase that you continue to abuse...) Not sure about your strategy here but this may affect your profit numbers if you don't do something about this soon...
    I don't know if you been in your game recently but just as sign of your "new and improved PVE content" your queues are all but empty. Just an open ended question... should you not take that as a sign to maybe readjust your PVE content? At the very least make the enemy more interesting instead of making it feel like a slog in the mud... More hit points does not a good enemy make...
    I would ask that you reconsider this action as I believe that it will further alienate your playerbase. I cannot speak for everyone of course but the people I have spoken too are rather disappointed with your performance overall as a company and the current performance of the game. Instead of taking more things away and turning it into a money making ponsi scheme why can you not instead focus some of the major issues? At the very least please stop making my favorite game into a fleecing every time I play. I am hopeful that given time that you will wake up and figure out what made and will make this game great again. In the mean time I shall stay on the fence and watch as you kill another aspect of the game I used to enjoy playing. I have hope for the potential of this game but like so many games I have seen come and go perhaps if this one dies maybe it will give rise to a new and well better star trek game. With the way you continue to operate as a company, time will tell regardless of my opinion....
    <<Insert Clever Signature Here>>
  • Options
    xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    iconians wrote: »
    I'm going to go ahead and lean towards yes.

Instead of constructive criticism most of what I see in this thread is simply toxic rhetoric.

This is the kind of thing that gets the people in the forums called morons to begin with.

Give and take.

The community gave feedback on many things. Good feedback.
    We were hit in the face with DR more brutally then ever.

Of course there are always going to be people just ranting. And they might even be the majority. But I have the feeling more and more of the decent folks are joining the flock.

What will be left? 80 percent haters vs 20 percent fanbois? This community is being polarized. And I get why. Constructive feedback was called for, and it was ignored in a more blatant way then ever.
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I know, they finally took one step forward again in a few matters to try and mend things with the player base, and now they go and do this to upset all carrier and separation capable ship owners who already have it far tougher than ever. I have had a great deal of patience with what they are doing to this game more so than I should, but it's becoming harder and harder to justify sticking around. I'm going to still give them a chance but this is really pushing it.

For crying out-loud! Picture this! Board room, Cryptic headquarters:

DEV1: "Yeah, taking Specialization points, didn't exactly go over well."
    DEV2: "Hmm, nerfing XP wasn't really appreciated either. They even noticed us having stealth-nerfed doff XP. They're a wily bunch!"
    GEKO: "Why, there *must* be something we can do to stop their insane progress! Wait a tick! Pet-nerf, baby, yeah!"
    DEV1: "Um, aren't they gonna be upset with that?!"
    GEKO: "The way to go about it, is just to nerf ALL pets. We'll just use the old 'incorrect data' routine. Heck, worked for the XP tables."
    DEV2: "Um, not exactly."
    GEKO: "Well, they're morons anyway. Who's gonna notice!?"
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Peregrine Fighter you say! NERF THEM OMG THERE SO POWERFUL!!! OMG FEAR THEM THERE SO POWERFUL!!! NO WHERE TO RUN OR HIDE FORM THEM PEREGRINES!!!:D:D:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DELTA RISING FIXS THERE NEVER COMING WHY I'M I WASTING MY TIME ASKING FOR THEM ???
  • Options
    albinovampire987albinovampire987 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Good news! The Dacia Sandero is...

Oops wrong forum.

Looks like the devs just cant stop swingin' that nerf bat around lately... I think its time for an intervention guys.

I've heard there are some really great rehab centers out there in California, even all the big celebs are visiting them! Now I know you don't want to admit it, and we've all heard folks say ' rehab is for quitters!" and " I don't need help, I can control this..."

But when your addiction begins to effect your family and your work, its time to accept the first step in the big 12, memorize the serenity prayer, and surrender the rights of this game to more competent people.

Don't worry, there are family days, I'm sure some of us would come and visit.
    Galactic Horde.
  • Options
    masterfiretrollmasterfiretroll Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    v1ctor1st wrote: »
    Ohhhhhhhhh.... i think there is a very good chance of that happening when the central CBS licenses go up for renewal at the end of 2015. I think PWE and Cryptic are trying for a cash grab incase CBS slams the door in their face. There is a very slim chance it will happen...but history has a habit of repeating itself in the trek game franchise...

Interplay - Makers of the Starfleet Command Series up to SFC 2-Orion Pirates. Company was sliding downhill.. Paramount/CBS took the license from them.

Microprose - Makers of Birth Of the Federation. Company started releasing lacklustre games as a cash grab. Paramount took the license from them just before Microprose went bankrupt.

Simon and Schuster - Makers of "Borg" and other interactive CD's/DVD's. Gave up the license back to Paramount because Paramount refused to renew it.

Activision - Makers of Star Trek Armada, Elite Force, Bridge Commander. Had to SUE CBS to get outof the contract because CBS stonewalled Activision when CBS seen they had started releasing lacklustre games.

Bethesda Softworks - Makers of Star Trek: Legacy. Yeah... that fell apart very quick....

Perpetual Entertainment/P2 - Makers of the original Star Trek Online before it was held to Cryptic. CBS pulled the plug on that one after Perpetual went under and when P2 went under CBS held the license up for tender. Cryptic got it.

Yes...the now almost 30 years history of Star Trek gaming is FULL of repeat cycles.

Yep so true....... This not good
    I Vote for CBS to pull it.....
  • Options
    xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Why you don't want my love, Cryptic? :(
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • Options
    buddha1369buddha1369 Member Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    As unbelievably upsetting as this is (I was loving the Aquatic pets), is devs coming here to explain why nerfs are made before they happen going to be a thing now?

BTW leave my frigates alone they are powerful and sexy and I love them.
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Good lord. This nerf is huge...
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    buddha1369 wrote: »
    As unbelievably upsetting as this is (I was loving the Aquatic pets), is devs coming here to explain why nerfs are made before they happen going to be a thing now?

It's called damage control.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Players: Imma play me some STO. Just need to walk across that field there to log in and get to endgame.
    What’s that, a sign? Warning: Nerf Field ahead? LOLWUT Whatever! La dee da… CLICKBOOM! What? What just happened? Where’s my xp?

A few more steps and CLICKBOOM! Heeeeyyyy! Xp and drops have been cut back… and DOFF xp? It’ s okay… breathe… just a few more yards…. Walk slowly

CLICKBOOM! My Hangar Pets?! For crying out loud?!

Just… a few more…. Feet…. I can make it…. Maybe if I just CLICKBOOM!

xiaoping88 wrote: »
    Why you don't want my love, Cryptic? :(

Oh, they want it... but they're not going to wait for you to give it away freely. Theyr'e going to sneak in, hide in your closet and when you think you're alone and safe....they're going to pin you down and take it from you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    :mad::mad::mad: How the new Fighters work >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LQMEGNHcb8
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zeus#0893 zeus Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Okay, that got a legitimate laugh out of me. +1 interwebs to you, sir

So tell me where is your "constructive" criticism in this post?

If someone else posts their feelings on the topic and you don't like it then you say that is why it is okay for an employee of Cryptic to call the players morons?

Really dude?

Maybe you need to just read the forums for awhile.

Now that is "constructive" criticism!

Zeus
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    :mad::mad::mad: How the new Fighters work >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LQMEGNHcb8

You have won the forums Today !! lmao
    1Wv2pWK.gif
  • Options
    peter1z9peter1z9 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Oh come on. My loadout tray is broken for the first time, torpedoes are still useless, science is still trash and there's still lots of bugs everywhere.

And the devs bring out yet another "fix" that just nerfs something that doesn't need it to begin with. Hangar pets already have next to no hitpoints. And now they will have next to no damage.

My mirror Vo'quv was already made obsolete by Cash Grab Rising. Now ALL the carriers are being made obsolete by this "fix". Just what we all needed, yet another science nerf.

:mad::mad::mad::mad:
    "Our Bugs are working as intended" - Cryptic
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    zeus16nbs wrote: »
    So tell me where is your "constructive" criticism in this post?

If someone else posts their feelings on the topic and you don't like it then you say that is why it is okay for an employee of Cryptic to call the players morons?

Really dude?

Maybe you need to just read the forums for awhile.

Zeus

The first one. Where I offered to increase fighter pet speed in addition to the health nerfs so pets could more easily avoid things that mostly kill them (in my experience), like destructable torps, mines, and warp core breaches.

Maybe you need to read the forums.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    janus1975janus1975 Member Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Normal and Advanced Level NPC Hitpoints are insanely high, so the fix for that is to nerf the players even more.

Newsflash: nope, not going to buy "Gold", "Epic", "Lockbox", "Dilithium" or "C Store" pets to replace the ones you're going about to nerf... so don't waste your time.
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Uh really? I mean a couple of pets do get kinda crazy (Romulan Drone Ships, my wonderful wonderful Fer'Jais), but a carrier should be leading with its pets as the primary offensive weapon. Thats the point of playing a carrier. And I don't think I"ve ever heard anyone ever complain about the OPness of the Hoh'sus pet or a separation pet. Seriously?
  • Options
    zeus#0893 zeus Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Instead of constructive criticism most of what I see in this thread is simply toxic rhetoric.

This is the kind of thing that gets the people in the forums called morons to begin with.

So is this your idea of "constructive" criticism?

No you really do need to just read, not post for awhile!

And I did read every post, but yours seem to serve no useful purpose at all! the devs don't listen to your ideas or the ideas from anyone else!

Zeus
  • Options
    albinovampire987albinovampire987 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014

^ this every 15 or 25 seconds after a new pet is launched.
    Galactic Horde.
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Nothing surprises me in this game anymore.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    NERF THEM CARRIERS YOU MAY FIRE WHEN READY.... :mad::mad::mad: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDP_tfmKVE4
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    And I thought this was gonna be a slow Meme week, thanks Cryptic :)

You've made enough to release an album. Where can I buy one? :D
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    NERFING MVAE sections? The hell? Ship is already a waste of money, now moreso? What a gyp.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    nbsjdnbsjd Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Toxic? yeah it is toxic and it is the fault of devs and it's killing the playerbase.

read this thread people are mad.

We don't need nerfs or boosts we need the bugs fixed.

We need devs that don't publicly belittle the folks who are paying for this game and in turn pay his salary.

We need them to take a step back and look at what they are doing.

If they would get on these forums and open lines of communication it would go a long way.

So yes call us toxic call it rhetoric but you have to admit folks are talking but sad thing is its just the players there no dev feedback.

Folks who keep defending cryptic it's like they have battered player syndrome "it's not the devs fault it mine I didn't read his mind and know that my play style corrupted his vision"
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Star Trek Online - February 2, 2010 to February 2, 2015 RIP

I have a feeling for the 5 year anniversary that it will be Cryptic pulling the plug on the game. With all the bugs in game and them not fixing them and not caring anymore. I dont see STO lasting much longer.
    1Wv2pWK.gif