test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

5 minutes between forum posts beyond reasonable...

Comments

• Options
    shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Maintaining engagement and keeping the infomation flowing, preferably in both directions, will go a long way towards settling things down. Much better than the timer ever would.
  • Options
    pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    We have been recruiting.

Feel free to PM as Tribute.

After a check of your Forum Posting History, I can let you know if we can bring you on the team :)
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    We have been recruiting.

After a check of your Forum Posting History, I can let you know if we can bring you on the team :)

jaysus, check on posting history?

Yo, Worffan, we will never be allowed to be Mods :D
  • Options
    christianmacchristianmac Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    We have been recruiting.

Im willing but i dont know how to PM you.
    77TH FIGHTER SQUADRON
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Im willing but i dont know how to PM you.

go to send message in your User PC and type PWECaptainsmirk for the name.
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    We have been recruiting.

while I can be capable of doing it, I do have two warns. One was for an accidental spam... and the other was for losing my cool with someone who was really nasty. Doesn't usually happen but...

However, I can't because my work schedule is random so... love to, but can't do it.

plus, as a mod, how could I be silly? I did it before and it makes it a lot harder to 'let my hair down' so to speak. It's pretty hard keeping the peace and not wanting to get into it in a lively discussion.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    go to send message in your User PC and type PWECaptainsmirk for the name.

Thanks a bunch
    77TH FIGHTER SQUADRON
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    jaysus, check on posting history?

Yo, Worffan, we will never be allowed to be Mods :D

XD

LoL

Hail Search History
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I admit I got fooled the very first time I saw the thread too. :-/

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    while I can be capable of doing it, I do have two warns. One was for an accidental spam... and the other was for losing my cool with someone who was really nasty. Doesn't usually happen but...

However, I can't because my work schedule is random so... love to, but can't do it.

plus, as a mod, how could I be silly? I did it before and it makes it a lot harder to 'let my hair down' so to speak. It's pretty hard keeping the peace and not wanting to get into it in a lively discussion.

Askray and BG can be silly. But no one ever said being a mod was easy.

The most difficult part is knowing when not to respond.
  • Options
    janus1975janus1975 Member Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    gulberat wrote: »
    I admit I got fooled the very first time I saw the thread too. :-/

Lots of us did... now Cryptic should ask itself, why was it that the comment (off the cuff, or trollish? Doesn't matter) was taken as true by players, and even by the sounds of it, internal staff?

Once they think a bit on that, they'll have more of an insight into player disenfranchisement.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Askray and BG can be silly. But no one ever said being a mod was easy.

The most difficult part is knowing when not to respond.

That's my problem right there.

See, modding a gaming forum for a a guild that you're a high ranking member is one thing...

but modding a gaming forum regarding the game itself. That's different. It's a lot harder. One reason why is because when you're not getting much info from the company running the game, so you're frustrated, then seeing the gamers get frustrated... you either want to tell them "we don't know! stop making extra work for us!" or you want to join them in the venting and you lose your ability to moderate without bias.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I am willing cause I see a need but I don't have much expirence moderating. However I think patients and keeping a cool head is important.
    77TH FIGHTER SQUADRON
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I am willing cause I see a need but I don't have much expirence moderating. However I think patients and keeping a cool head is important.

Patience and keeping a cool head helps, but you also need to be able to give time and also need to be able to watch how you word things.
  • Options
    rswfiredotcomrswfiredotcom Member Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It even fooled BranFlakes who sent me panicked texts about it.
    ~CaptainSmirk

Omg, I can't stop giggling at this. Ha, lol.
  • Options
    rswfiredotcomrswfiredotcom Member Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    janus1975 wrote: »
    Lots of us did... now Cryptic should ask itself, why was it that the comment (off the cuff, or trollish? Doesn't matter) was taken as true by players, and even by the sounds of it, internal staff?

Once they think a bit on that, they'll have more of an insight into player disenfranchisement.

There is so much truth in this it is not even funny!

(Btw I discovered R&D today and it is way too expensive...seriously, it is insane what it costs to upgrade a single piece of equipment. Not happy. New complaint.)
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited October 2014

It even fooled BranFlakes who sent me panicked texts about it.
    ~CaptainSmirk

Good to see that Branflakes is still keeping an eye on the game.
  • Options
    tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    more moderators hey
    now all those whiteknight fanbois can finally get that paycheck theyve been working so hard for.
  • Options
    betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I know this, that position grants it's own burden, to be honest, I would not wish that role on anyone, but to those who would choose it.

Let's hope the next mods to be will show compassion, and not be trigger happy.

With great power comes greater responsibility.
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    betayuya wrote: »
    I know this, that position grants it's own burden, to be honest, I would not wish that role on anyone, but to those who would choose it.

Let's hope the next mods to be will show compassion, and not be trigger happy.

With great power comes greater responsibility.

... but no money.

only some real estates and an undless supply of women. or men...
  • Options
    frlancrfrlancr Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    more moderators hey
    now all those whiteknight fanbois can finally get that paycheck theyve been working so hard for.

They're going to be the majority of the forum soon, what with removing most peoples' ability to post or reply to anything for 2 days now.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    frlancr wrote: »
    They're going to be the majority of the forum soon, what with removing most peoples' ability to post or reply to anything for 2 days now.

nobody's ability to post has been removed... just 'slightly' curtailed
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    ... but no money.

only some real estates and an undless supply of women. or men...

I don't understand please clarify.
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    betayuya wrote: »
    I don't understand please clarify.

volunteer moderators are not employed by PWE/Cryptic. They work for free. (bluegeek, askray.)

Smirk and Trendy are employes and have full forum access.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    True that, still they like would have to be in it for the right reasons and take it seriously.
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • Options
    frlancrfrlancr Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    nobody's ability to post has been removed... just 'slightly' curtailed

Uhm... How about No. They have literally muted many of the players that spoke out against DR and Cryptic's policies. They literally without cause or warning, or justification, notice, or even moderation of posts or any kind of in-place system, have set a toggle on many peoples' accounts that requires moderation of every post they make before it becomes public....

... then they simply never moderate any of the posts. 2 days, going onto 3 days now.

This is absolute censorship simply because they don't like the image it might give them, if outsiders saw that the forum didn't agree with the company's decision.

You can't hear about it HERE, because they literally can't post to even inform those NOT muted about it. You can read about it elsewhere, outside of these forums.

Cryptic, naturally, didn't advertise this, but you could easily spot the trend in the forums took a MASSIVE 180 into "fanboi-world" just over 2 days ago. That's when they did this.
  • Options
    imruinedimruined Member Posts: 1,457 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    To whom ever is responsible for decision making, in relation to the forums :

I have every expectation that you believed you had reasonable cause to establish a 5 minute delay between forums posts, and I understand such delays are intended to avoid spam posting etc...

Irrespective of those reasons, a 5 minute delay goes well beyond anything that could be considered a reasonable duration to wait.

1-2 minutes would be far more appropriate, and still achieve the same goals of avoiding spam posts, without causing undue frustration and delay for legitimate forum users.

I'm usually quite understanding of why decisions are made, however, this decision beggars belief and ask that 'The Powers That Be' revisit this decision and reduce it to a far more reasonable level.

To the community :

Please do not turn this into a flame war, or another 'I Hate Cryptic' lynching, as it will only give Cryptic more reason not to make this change, a change that is beneficial to all forum users...
    The entitlement is strong in these forums...

not_funny_Q_shadows_small.jpg
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    when you recon in how long it takes to read someone's post and how long it takes to think up a worthwhile response and type in in, I don't think 5 minutes is a unreasonable amount of time between posts, that's unless you suffer from the text equivalent of chronic verbal diarrhea in which case I do not want to read that anyway thanks.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    gregkanegregkane Member Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Its to give ur brain time to catch up with ur mouth
    (Fingers) so u dont sound as stupid (not u in particular just in general)
  • Options
    js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    At the risk of kicking up a hornets nest of rage, I don't think this 5 minute thing applies to everybody.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!