test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Macintosh Client is crashing

1234568»

Comments

• morngwilwilethmorngwilwileth Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Same here. The old STO-Client crushes every 1-2 min.

UPD: and now I download new client from official site - and it is corrupted(((
  • khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I was able to play for several hours yesterday on my Mac with no issues. Played again for a few and still no crashing.
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • fishhhooksfishhhooks Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'll join the fray. I'm seeing the same pixel/shading error in the loading screen. After no more than three minutes of gameplay, the game freezes and eventually crashes back to the desktop. I often have to force quit.

It's really disappointing. I've been excited to try this game out and can't even get out of the phaser training. I'm sure there's a vast and complicated world out there, but the game doesn't seem to be able to handle a courtyard and some buildings without crashing.

21.5" iMac from December 2013
    3.1GHz Intel Core i7
    16GB RAM
    NIDIA GeForce GT 750M 1GB Graphics
    OSX Yosemite

Thanks... Ben
  • sf911sf911 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    On a positive note (for a change), the game is running perfectly on my new MacBook Pro. Was running just about ok on my previous machine (2010 MacBook pro).

Had problems getting past the loading screen on the first day after moving STO to the new laptop.
    Once it managed to get past the loading screen (stayed stuck there for 20 mins ), it never gave me any further trouble.
    Probably saw 30hrs of game-play without a hitch. I'm running on medium graphic setting.

It would seem *possible* for STO to run smoothly on a Mac.

(Knock on wood!!)
  • dese1ectdese1ect Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    What is so frustrating about the Mac Client is that when I run Diablo III, WoW, etc. on my Mac, I can do max settings in OS X. When I run STO I have to do minimum settings and still get crashes. However if I run STO through Windows via Boot Camp I can run max settings, even though the Mac drivers for windows aren't the best.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nimrod5nimrod5 Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It's been working ok for me for the last 5 weeks or so. On medium graphics, I'd love to run it on max though. I think it's the shadows though.
  • christoff72christoff72 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    there is no way i'll be outlaying any money for this until the thing works... really disappointing
  • liniisanliniisan Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Unfortunately for you macs aren't really designed for capability with gaming.
  • mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    edited March 2015
    liniisan wrote: »
    Unfortunately for you macs aren't really designed for capability with gaming.

Wrong... it's not the early 2000's anymore.
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg