test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Say something positive about: the Kazon

ambassadormolariambassadormolari Member Posts: 709 Arc User
edited September 2014 in Ten Forward
Yep. You heard me. Say something positive about the Kazons. Them, and all of their silly hairstyles.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by ambassadormolari on

Comments

• Options
    janus1975janus1975 Member Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    They gave something for Seska to boss about.
  • Options
    prediwave1prediwave1 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    They are so inferior that the Borg will not bother to assimilate them.
  • Options
    azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The gave Lon Suder a way to redeem himself.
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    They gave D'trel some easy targets when she needed them.
  • Options
    capnmanxcapnmanx Member Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Their weapons fire a rather attractive shade of blue.
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    They're good for target practice. That's it. This is a species that fights interstellar wars over water, for crying out loud!

They're rock-stupid space gangbangers with bad hair. There is nothing genuinely positive about them.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    lovegun154lovegun154 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    janus1975 wrote: »
    They gave something for Seska to boss about.

And Seska is attractive in that villainous sort of way. I think I have a thing for Cardassians. :confused:
    Your Friendly, Semi-Casual, RP-savvy, KISS Fan, with a Half-Cardassian toon.
  • Options
    janus1975janus1975 Member Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    starswordc wrote: »
    They're rock-stupid space gangbangers with bad hair

This description is perfect :D
  • Options
    hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,760 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    there's a Humans version of the Aliens meme using one of them
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    They're good for target practice. That's it. This is a species that fights interstellar wars over water, for crying out loud!

They're rock-stupid space gangbangers with bad hair. There is nothing genuinely positive about them.

A bad bargain-basement attempt at Klingon ripoffs made by low-budget hacks who didn't understand what made the Klingons good characters.

Basically, Klingons stripped of the costume design quality, the obvious alien-ness of the forehead ridges, the massive amounts of complex and oddly gender-segregated culture (Only male Klingons can sit on the High Council under most circumstances, but female Klingons have the first, last, and only say on who gets into the family and stuff like that), and the sheer quality that comes from having a member of the species on screen as a main for 10 seasons.
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    lovegun154 wrote: »
    And Seska is attractive in that villainous sort of way. I think I have a thing for Cardassians. :confused:

That whole arc was such a waste of a character. I've got this image in my head of Martha Hackett done up in makeup similar to whoever played Natima Lang, and having her join the crew as a Cardassian to be VOY's pragmatic anti-hero a la Garak.

Instead they slapped that lumpy mask over her face and randomly chucked her into the "cackling villain" column.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    That whole arc was such a waste of a character. I've got this image in my head of Martha Hackett done up in makeup similar to whoever played Natima Lang, and having her join the crew as a Cardassian to be VOY's pragmatic anti-hero a la Garak.

Instead they slapped that lumpy mask over her face and randomly chucked her into the "cackling villain" column.

Yeah but she's a babe. The problem is that you can never fill Garak's shoes, or Dukat's, or Damars. In fact, Voyager has trouble following up Deep Space Nine. I've still enjoyed the first two seasons though.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,367 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Also stripped of Klingon intellect. If Qo'noS were running short on water, the Klingons wouldn't jump into their ships and sail right past all the ice-bearing moons and asteroids they found in order to attack random strangers that outgunned them five to one.

The Kazon were too stupid to live. It's my fantasy that on our return to the Delta Quadrant, we'll find that the entire species was wiped out when the Ocampa realized they could be stymied by your average knock-knock joke, and seized their entire fleet under the pretense of being interstellar repo men.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    That or you could make fun of their bird hair and they'd die of embarrassment.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    jonsills wrote: »
    Also stripped of Klingon intellect. If Qo'noS were running short on water, the Klingons wouldn't jump into their ships and sail right past all the ice-bearing moons and asteroids they found in order to attack random strangers that outgunned them five to one.
    That, too.
    jonsills wrote: »
    The Kazon were too stupid to live. It's my fantasy that on our return to the Delta Quadrant, we'll find that the entire species was wiped out when the Ocampa realized they could be stymied by your average knock-knock joke, and seized their entire fleet under the pretense of being interstellar repo men.

My headcanon is that the Trabe actually still secretly rule them and use them as a sort of half-trained parrot to annoy other species.

Sort of like the sivs and bullywugs in the Forgotten Realms campaign setting.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I like the look of Kazon ships myself.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    ambassadormolariambassadormolari Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I like the look of Kazon ships myself.

I'll admit, the Kazon ships look nice...though bear in mind that they were probably never designed by the Kazon, but by their Trabe overlords.

Also, regarding the Trabe: if your entire society can be overthrown by a race of fractured, infighting barbarians who still haven't figured out basic replicator technology (or for that matter, simple ice mining), then clearly you deserved to be overthrown.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,040 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    The Kazon shall make excelent target practice for my Assault Cruiser Refit.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Even Bob Marley is embarrassed by the Kazon.

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Something positive about Kazon? Uhh... does "They make everything else look superior" count?
  • Options
    corelogikcorelogik Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    They're rock-stupid space gangbangers with bad hair.

You know, if they had done something different with their hair/heads and not made them quite so Barney Fife-ish,... they wouldn't have been as bad a villain for a season or two, but Voyager stretched their story line way too long.

In my opinion, Voyager would have been a much better show, if they had had a different "villain" or at least species encounter, each season. Like each season they entered a different species space,... some good, some bad and then throw in a minor species to randomly encounter each season to build tension and drama,... just sayin'

as for the Kazon; Say something positive about: the Kazon

Um, they make goods targets?
    "Go play with your DPS in the corner, I don't care how big it is." ~ Me
    "There... are... four... lights!" ~Jean Luc Picard
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    That hair of theirs is pretty crazy. That could be a new thing.. for like.. I dunno DJs or something...

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Had they stuck to the original idea and only used teenage/early 20's actors, they could have made them an interesting "what if" version of Klingons. Two similar races with the same violent tendencies, one living two centuries and one lucky to live two decades. The Kazon could have been Klingons without the tempering influence of wisdom and tradition, instead of just generic store-brand Klingons.

I... guess that wasn't entire positive. I tried my best.
  • Options
    grandnaguszek1grandnaguszek1 Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I will have lots of fun launching lots of swarmers at them from my new Obelisk Carrier.
    say-star-wars-is-better.jpg
  • Options
    hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,760 Arc User
    edited September 2014
  • Options
    cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Nobody can hear their screams in the vacuum of space. I look forward to my mass-kill accolade in the Delta Quadrant.:D
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    we get to ally with some of the kazon sects against the vaadwaur in one of the DR story missions!

oh wait, that would be a negative, wouldn't it?

perhaps i should rephrase...some of the kazon sects get to act as meat shields against the vaadwaur, protecting valuable alliance lives and ships
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    we get to ally with some of the kazon sects against the vaadwaur in one of the DR story missions!

oh wait, that would be a negative, wouldn't it?

perhaps i should rephrase...some of the kazon sects get to act as meat shields against the vaadwaur, protecting valuable alliance lives and ships

Yeah, TRIBBLE that, I'm taking the option to just kill the Kazon and go it alone against the Vaadwaur. The ends do NOT justify the means, and there are few things more distasteful than allying with misogynistic scum like the Kazon.

There IS an option to kill the Kazon and go it alone, right?
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    Yeah, TRIBBLE that, I'm taking the option to just kill the Kazon and go it alone against the Vaadwaur. The ends do NOT justify the means, and there are few things more distasteful than allying with misogynistic scum like the Kazon.

There IS an option to kill the Kazon and go it alone, right?
    cryptic say 'TRIBBLE you, you get kazon'

you do get to kill some of them in the process of allying, though

oh, and the mission rewards a unique epic-quality doff, so you can't skip it
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.