Say something positive about: the Kazon

2»

Comments

• Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    cryptic say 'TRIBBLE you, you get kazon'

you do get to kill some of them in the process of allying, though

oh, and the mission rewards a unique epic-quality doff, so you can't skip it

Seriously?

TRIBBLE Delta Rising, then, I'm buying that hot new Klingon raptor and doing nothing but STFs with it. If I HAVE to fight alongside Kazon, there's no point at all in playing the expansion.
  • Options
    kestrelliuskestrellius Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    They provide a good analogy for the Borg. Incredibly stupid villains who are nonetheless a threat because of powerful technology they got from somebody else. (Presumably the original species that turned itself into the Borg, in that case.)

They're not as overused as the Klingons? I guess? Strangely, they don't annoy me as much, either, despite having most of the same features that make the Klingons obnoxious. It's probably just that nobody actually likes the Kazon, while entire sections of the fandom are centered entirely around the TNG-era Klingoffs.
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    cryptic say 'TRIBBLE you, you get kazon'

you do get to kill some of them in the process of allying, though

oh, and the mission rewards a unique epic-quality doff, so you can't skip it
    I don't give a damn about the doff, I've got the ones I need. I'm skipping that entire arc.

TRIBBLE you right back, Craptic. You can keep the Kazon, and the biologically impossible Ocampa, and that incompetent TRIBBLE Neelix.
    They provide a good analogy for the Borg. Incredibly stupid villains who are nonetheless a threat because of powerful technology they got from somebody else. (Presumably the original species that turned itself into the Borg, in that case.)
    Except their technology isn't powerful. By Alpha Quadrant standards, and the standards of several major civilizations of the Delta Quadrant for that matter, it's incredibly outdated. Voyager and the Val Jean, a medium cruiser and a 37-year-old equivalent of a PT boat, both already seriously damaged from the transit to the DQ, held off multiple Kazon light capitals and their equivalent of a battleship for over ten minutes.

It's like putting the USS Arleigh Burke and a Coast Guard cutter against SMS Pommern.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    lovegun154lovegun154 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited September 2014

They're not as overused as the Klingons? I guess? Strangely, they don't annoy me as much, either, despite having most of the same features that make the Klingons obnoxious. It's probably just that nobody actually likes the Kazon, while entire sections of the fandom are centered entirely around the TNG-era Klingoffs.

The Borg weren't dumb until they added the Queen. Voyager didn't help by adding devices that could destroy a Cube in one hit. Star Trek Online has continued the trend of weakening the Borg. It's lame.
    Your Friendly, Semi-Casual, RP-savvy, KISS Fan, with a Half-Cardassian toon.