test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Server lag/disconnect Sept 18th-19th 2014

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,081 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    Its not just STO. And STO didn't have patch notes for today. Its all PW games. PWE borked their network.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    ronanobrienronanobrien Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    All I can say is just that. What is going on, Cryptic? First you bork the livestream this morning, and now suddenly all your 'maintenence' looks like you just ran a Vulcan lirpa through the server and called it good! GIVE ME STO, OR LOSE A CUSTOMER WHO PAYS FOR ZEN FOR THIS GAME!
  • Options
    strykewolf67strykewolf67 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Same here. It actually booted me in mid warp

Yeah, same. We'll probably come back to find ourselves in fluidic space with the crew outside the bloody ship.
    [SIGPIC]http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91438543000&dateline=1409236387[/SIGPIC]

Sarah Knightly - Co-leader; Frontier Explorers - U.S.S. Witchblade
    Rias Gremory - Leader; Frontier Marauders - I.K.S. B'ullwinkle
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    no it was...

THE ICONIANS! dun dun dun!

Reaction by Cryptic's staff, when learning of this news!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opGVNLImgw4
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Same here. It actually booted me in mid warp

LEt's do the time warp again!

it's a step to the left
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,081 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    Guys... its not just STO! PWE did network maintenance today, and now everyone's having problems. Its not Cryptic's fault this time!

So can we please drop the "Get it back or lose a customer" demands? Its not going to fix things any faster.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    alejogalejog Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Well, I guess this explains the outrageous costs of the new R&D grind. They can't pay Gecko's salary for his brilliant ideas and pay to keep the servers running!!

There is a method to their madness!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]-32nd Vipers- PvP Team

Nothing is impossible to him who would try.... except getting cryptic to care about pvp.
  • Options
    saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Same, it happened to me last night as well. Game won't even launch.
  • Options
    certhancerthan Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    As you can see from the many, myriad, and diverse locales of subscribers' "Server Not Responding" issues, giving us the solution of "This is a client side ISP problem." is an excuse at best. We're not stupid and to imply that with the above response to our bug reports and tickets could very well permanently alienate some if not most of your subscriber base, aka, the very people who pay your salary. I do hope someone wise enough in your technical/hardware department can see this as an opportunity to render "Excellent Customer Service". That's a phrase that I see has very little substantial meaning in the corporate world anymore, but you have the opportunity to change perceptions here. As the Japanese in their corporate world say "Fix the problem, not the blame." Please fix the problem, because your subscribers have asked you to do so. Some have done so politely, others not. Either way the message is the same.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    You know, I retract the HARSH parts of my previous statement. One of my fleet members brought up a good point. The issues that they may be addressing right now is the fact that they in fact have taken down the login server FOR the maintenence on it. Which, to be honest, would also explain the 'Server not Responding' issues.

You know, he said that we all really should give Cryptic the benefit of the doubt with this all. It likely is that they took that area of the server DOWN for maintenece. Also, the fact that it seems to be only in certain areas almost tells me that it might be a server connection issue for some reason only seen in those areas the most. I'm in Michigan, and it's not letting me. Samething with another fleet member who lives in Ohio. But there's another one that is in Wyoming who is NOT. The LEADER of my fleet is having the same issues.

You see, this is likely a server issue, and with the lack of connection, it almost sounds like there is a team working on the server as we speak. Now, I can't confirm that, as my fleet does not have a dev, but my gut's telling me that's the case.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Did you all pay your daily dilithium fee to get into the game. Oh wait, that's coming with DR not yet.

Nothing is impossible to him who would try.... except getting cryptic to care about pvp.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Also, there are reports coming in that the game is starting to work in some areas.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Also, there are reports coming in that the game is starting to work in some areas.

reports that the game lives are greatly exaggerated

• Options
    edited September 2014
    If someone rezzes the Server Hampster... let us know.
  • Options
    whitespock101whitespock101 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Let's all play the game to see who can get the longest Server Not Responding time before the game has a stroke!!
    Don't Blink, Dont Even Blink. Blink and Your'e Dead

-32nd Vipers- PvP Team
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    alejog wrote: »
    Did you all pay your daily dilithium fee to get into the game. Oh wait, that's coming with DR not yet.

^^ This!. Can't believe i forgot my daily tax. stealth patch 2op4me

-32nd Vipers- PvP Team
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    ^^ This!. Can't believe i forgot my daily tax. stealth patch 2op4me

Geko's genius is OP please nerf

• Options
    astroroblaastrorobla Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    For what it's worth I started having problems last night. There was so much lag that I could barely launch R&D projects. I assumed that had something to do with the big service time this morning.

Tonight it seems just as bad. Took forever to log in and lag is so bad I can't move away from a bank console.

Unplayable again tonight.
    Now a top-rated spotlight mission!
    STO-sig.jpg
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    i am playing, but not many people are
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Might be regional. I got a friend who kept getting booted tonight, and he's in California.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    saedeith wrote: »
    Same, it happened to me last night as well. Game won't even launch.

Well, if it happened last night too you might be having performace issues. I hear Geko sells some pills for that for a very reasonable zen price.

• Options
    corelogikcorelogik Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    He's on life support. Prognosis is grim,...
    "Go play with your DPS in the corner, I don't care how big it is." ~ Me
    "There... are... four... lights!" ~Jean Luc Picard
  • Options
    kazorthewardenkazorthewarden Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    corelogik wrote: »
    He's on life support. Prognosis is grim,...

and for 200,000 ZEN Geko will get STO a new Hamster.
  • Options
    edited September 2014

How much to upgrade the tribble to [Epic]?

• Options
    edited September 2014

No for that price i think we get a hedgehog or at the very least a gerbal

-32nd Vipers- PvP Team
  • Options
    saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    alejog wrote: »
    How much to upgrade the tribble to [Epic]?

10 million Dilith.
  • Options
    usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    srgsng25 wrote: »
    The Tribles have eaten the server i tell you!!!!...

nope it was smirk spilling his coffee/breky on the servers that started it :P
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    saedeith wrote: »
    10 million Dilith.

Do I at least get to pick the mods on the tribble or is there a random chance he is carnivorous tribble that eats all the other ones?

• Options
    kazorthewardenkazorthewarden Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    usscapital wrote: »
    nope it was smirk spilling his coffee/breky on the servers that started it :P

Good Sir, we speek English here thank you