test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Art Of The Intelligence Ships

Comments

• hfmuddhfmudd Member Posts: 881 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Put me down in the column of those who prefer the concept art (by John Eaves? looks like his work) to what we've seen of the final product.
  • schmedickeschmedicke Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    When will these custumisation options be released to tribble so we can look dir clipping issues?
  • stomperx99stomperx99 Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    enoemg wrote: »
    Thank God there's a different saucer for that Federation science vessel. That doughnut was not sitting well with me.

(Off topic)

Dura? Is that you? :P
    ZomboDroid10122015042230.jpg

I'm sorry to people who I, in the past, insulted, annoyed, etc.
  • captsolcaptsol Member Posts: 921 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    hypl wrote: »
    As always, the concept art tends to be better than the final product. At least in my opinion.

Please tell me you have plans for some of those concept designs. The two resembling a sleeker Vesta class look gorgeous.

I second this! Much better than what we actually got for the Federation in terms of designs.
  • ragnar0xragnar0x Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/arc/a6/0a/a60a643f572346b40ade42aeae1c4c4f1410803690.jpg

Is that a leak of fleet T6 vesta? i love it :)<3 cant wait for it :)

and will buy scryer because I love that new weird design but hate its boff and console layout :/ well i cant have perfect ship at delta rising launch so i'll stick to something new.
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    "Designed intelligently"...that's what they all say.

And name calling,really?

No different than you taking a swipe at people's religious beliefs.
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I didn't realize they still used "Radar" in the 25th century! The angled and pointed meeting lines in today's stealth fighters/bombers is a method of making the planes invisible to Radar. A concept which is no longer viable in the 25th century due to advanced sensor arrays etc.

So, to me, and in my personal opinion, this design concept is 4 centuries back in the wrong direction.

I like the Klingon and Romulan designs but still really dislike the Fed designs. Sorry. Just my opinion.

Nothing personal, but I find it a little amusing that you hold this opinion while sporting a Wells Class in your sig line.

Personally, I find starships based on, or inspired by, 20th/21st Century stealth aircraft to be no more ridiculous than the Defiant Class, which Tony Meininger (a car enthusiast) designed using the sleek, fast lines of Ferrari sports/supercars as his inspiration. A very non-traditional approach to a non-traditional starship design.
    edited September 2014
    I'm going to meh Intelligence Cruiser, U.S.S. I'M INTELLIGENT so I seem intelligent....

• darkharbinger1darkharbinger1 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    from what i'm seeing, cryptic and perfect world need to scrap this new ship idea and just let us upgrade our current tier five ships to full tier six. none of the diet coke upgrade nonsense! you reading this cryptic??? they are correct for calling them tron knock-offs!
  • carcharodon1975carcharodon1975 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    No different than you taking a swipe at people's religious beliefs.

I'm questioning people's decisions........and the intelligence behind those decisions.
    The PWE/Cryptic sweatshop...not where the game is made,but where the game is played!

Take back your home,end the grind!

Volunteer moderators policing the forums is like a mall cop trying to solve a murder.
  • jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Its some posts like some on this thread, that can at times make me ashamed to be part of this community.

The developers have worked hard, you say "at least give us normal hall mats (no tron lines)" so they do, you say "fill in the scryer" so they do and so on

and some of you can still say to this hard work and responsiveness "f**k your work, its still not good enough, and it sucks"

imagine how it makes the developers sitting at their computers making theses ships feel to see these completely non-constructive comments? happy you say their work is ****? happy that their response to your requests was met with more hate? what if the people you work for suddenly came up to you out of the blue, and said "your work sucks, and there is no way to fix it"
    edited September 2014
    Its some posts like some on this thread, that can at times make me ashamed to be part of this community.

The developers have worked hard, you say "at least give us normal hall mats (no tron lines)" so they do, you say "fill in the scryer" so they do and so on

and some of you can still say to this hard work and responsiveness "f**k your work, its still not good enough, and it sucks"

imagine how it makes the developers sitting at their computers making theses ships feel to see these completely non-constructive comments? happy you say their work is ****? happy that their response to your requests was met with more hate? what if the people you work for suddenly came up to you out of the blue, and said "your work sucks, and there is no way to fix it"

Your assumption is false,the devs don't work for us,they work for PWE......PWE happy,devs happy.
    The PWE/Cryptic sweatshop...not where the game is made,but where the game is played!

Volunteer moderators policing the forums is like a mall cop trying to solve a murder.
  • echelonalphaechelonalpha Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I look forward to flying them all!

I really hope they come with a unique intelligence bridge. Something like the standard origin bridge but with darker lighting would be great.
    edited September 2014
    Your assumption is false,the devs don't work for us,they work for PWE......PWE happy,devs happy.

so basically your saying that all the devs care about is their paycheck, not that their work is appreciated? wooooooooow
    edited September 2014
    so basically your saying that all the devs care about is their paycheck, not that their work is appreciated? wooooooooow

They care a lot less than you want them to....

edited September 2014
    No fighting girls/Sever Hamsters with blood vengeance..... :(

• lystentlystent Member Posts: 1,019
    edited September 2014
    So only the feds get the drone?
    edited September 2014
    lystent wrote: »
    So only the feds get the drone?

Unlikely, they just Haven't shown it yet.....

• qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited September 2014

To be fair 'everyone' is entitled to their own opinion, and the forums are the place to
    make that opinion heard. In an ideal world everyone should be able to get express thier
    opinions, negative and positive alike, in a constructive, meaningful manner. That being
    said, we dont live in an ideal world and there will always be things that for no particular
    reason we can only define as me like or me not like. So then, there will always be a few
    exceptional individuals who believe that thier anonimity makes it perfectly ok for them to
    express themselves in a particular TRIBBLE fasion, they are indeed a very 'select' type of
    forum user, and im confident thier comments are given the full level of attention they
    deserve.
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
  • lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I am going to be brutally honest here. All those straight lines make those ships look like an N64 version of STO, like Starfox. A rounded saucer should never be jagged and squared.

For comparison, look at the blog image, and compare that to a beautifully-rounded version. Do you see how much better the rounded version is? The N64 graphics simply don't fit in a 2014 game.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Personally I hate the look of the FRSV.

I'm not going to lie and say I love the Fed intel ships, but I like them more tham FRSV and DSSV.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • druhindruhin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Personally I hate the look of the FRSV.

I'm not going to lie and say I love the Fed intel ships, but I like them more tham FRSV and DSSV.

Not a fan of the FRSV myself, but at least you can still clearly tell it's a Federation ship.
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited September 2014
    the saucers bug me less than those nacelles honestly :P
  • lordtrekkielordtrekkie Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I love how Eaves wasn't credited for those sketches.
  • azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    As always, the concept art tends to be better than the final product. At least in my opinion.

Please tell me you have plans for some of those concept designs. The two resembling a sleeker Vesta class look gorgeous.

That one in the lower left is a beautiful design. Cryptic... you can do way better than you've done. You've done exceptional work on lots of your ships. This concept art is great! Why is the final product so off-the-mark?!
  • coraleccoralec Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014

I've been repeatedly throwing my wallet at my screen for the last hour but I still can't buy that cruiser in the middle.
    edited September 2014
    qziqza wrote: »
    To be fair 'everyone' is entitled to their own opinion, and the forums are the place to
    make that opinion heard. In an ideal world everyone should be able to get express thier
    opinions, negative and positive alike, in a constructive, meaningful manner. That being
    said, we dont live in an ideal world and there will always be things that for no particular
    reason we can only define as me like or me not like. So then, there will always be a few
    exceptional individuals who believe that thier anonimity makes it perfectly ok for them to
    express themselves in a particular TRIBBLE fasion, they are indeed a very 'select' type of
    forum user, and im confident thier comments are given the full level of attention they
    deserve.

oh of course people are entitled to an opinion, its the asshats i was directing that to
  • tucana66tucana66 Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited September 2014

We're customers.

If we don't like the product, then you better believe some of those customers are going to be vociferous about it.

Customers can opt to buy, or not buy, the product. Right now, Cryptic's STO is the only game of its kind. Cryptic is the stewart and shepherd of the Prime timeline in the gaming world; as such, expectations are higher among the fan base for a better quality product.

When Microsoft revamped the Windows UI with Windows 8, I wasn't saying, "bless those Developers. They sure worked hard on it; they deserve some credit for their work."

It is shameful for a community to be unreasonable, or hostile, or constantly negative. You make valid points in your post; it would be very tough to sit back and read diatribes and rants about your work.

But welcome to Real Life[tm].

Customers are pointing out problems, customers are not seeing product they truly want. Cryptic is relying moreso on decisions which aren't based on field marketing with the customer base, but personal preferences... internal decisions.

Why the rant?

When I see John Eaves uncredited work, that blows.
    When I see designs that align to what I want as a customer, and they're ignored, that's frustrating.

I think others feel similarly.

And with Cryptic stating on podcasts that ship sales matter -- and they IGNORE their own customers -- then there's little empathy to be given.

Yes, there should be. And yes, people should be kinder. People should be more constructive.
  • azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    What does "stealthy" even mean in the vacuum of space? In a time when cloaking devices can make a ship vanish entirely and sensors can be scrambled and jammed by technology?

Why apply atmospheric rules of stealth to space ships? Why make them glow blue? I just don't buy the explanations for these designs.
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    tucana66 wrote: »
    We're customers.

If we don't like the product, then you better believe some of those customers are going to be vociferous about it.

Customers can opt to buy, or not buy, the product. Right now, Cryptic's STO is the only game of its kind. Cryptic is the stewart and shepherd of the Prime timeline in the gaming world; as such, expectations are higher among the fan base for a better quality product.

When Microsoft revamped the Windows UI with Windows 8, I wasn't saying, "bless those Developers. They sure worked hard on it; they deserve some credit for their work."

It is shameful for a community to be unreasonable, or hostile, or constantly negative. You make valid points in your post; it would be very tough to sit back and read diatribes and rants about your work.

But welcome to Real Life[tm].

Customers are pointing out problems, customers are not seeing product they truly want. Cryptic is relying moreso on decisions which aren't based on field marketing with the customer base, but personal preferences... internal decisions.

Why the rant?

When I see John Eaves uncredited work, that blows.
    When I see designs that align to what I want as a customer, and they're ignored, that's frustrating.

I think others feel similarly.

And with Cryptic stating on their blog posts that ship sales matter -- and they IGNORE their own customers -- then there's little empathy to be given.

Yes, there should be. And yes, people should be kinder. People should be more constructive.

As you mentioned STO is the only trek game around and as such cryptic can do whatever they want since they have no competition in trek games.

So until there is another trek MMO that can go toe to toe with STO cryptic can just do whatever after all where else are we going to go to play a trek MMO?