Options

Art Of The Intelligence Ships

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    qziqza wrote: »
    i wuold really love to know where this 90% you are quoting is coming from?

Haven't you heard? 95% of all statistics are made up. :P
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • Options
    qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    jeffel82 wrote: »
    Haven't you heard? 95% of all statistics are made up. :P

lol, i know right, do people not realise, that the moment you add highly inflated, and quite cleary unsubstanciated, statistics to a point you are trying to make, it pretty much renders it mute and as far as other readers are concerned, can potentially invalidate anything else useful or genuinly informative they may have to say at a future time. the only real place for this kind of made up, negative effect, missinformation propogation is politics!!

and if you do work in politics doubleohnine, im sorry for your pain, and can, at least, understand your need to let those demons out. i just cant accept them as feasible or realistc... sorry
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    When 90% of the forum posters say they hate the Intel ships, thats a pretty good representation of the overall community temperature toward a ship design. Im seeing more consistent hatred toward the Intel ships than I saw towards the Odyssey. Not a good sign.

I wouldnt say it's 90% it is more 60-40 some people like them some dont so some may like the kdf or rom version more than the feds. I;m not a big fan but I love the Dauntless just wonder if there will be a sci version
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    robeasom wrote: »
    I love the Dauntless just wonder if there will be a sci version

The Dauntless is a science ship.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • Options
    druhindruhin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    jeffel82 wrote: »
    The Dauntless is a science ship.

To be specific:

The Dauntless is a fake alien ship, made to look like a Federation starship, and this replica has been given the role of a Science Vessel. But it in canon, is nowhere near being a Science Vessel. Just that it gets that role, because Cryptic thinks it's suitable.
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    druhin wrote: »
    To be specific:

The Dauntless is a fake alien ship, made to look like a Federation starship, and this replica has been given the role of a Science Vessel. But it in canon, is nowhere near being a Science Vessel. Just that it gets that role, because Cryptic thinks it's suitable.

Well this may be the one I'll buy as a Tie 6 ship as we need more sci ships in game
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    To be specific:

In Voy, and Ent it was seen in combat so briefly that we can't really say for sure what it's combat capabilities are.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    capnmanxcapnmanx Member Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    To be specific:

Technically true, but it makes sense in STO's internal canon; since the ship was stated to be 'comparable to Voyager' (though with fewer luxuries), and the Intrepid class is a science class in STO.
  • Options
    gizmox64gizmox64 Member Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    drreverend wrote: »
    I do have a question regarding the Eclipse Intelligence Cruiser design. Where are the phaser array strips on that located? Are they those tiny strips near the nose or mounted along the blade of the saucer?

Yes please have proper hard-points on the model for weapons.
    Please have no hard-points on the nacelles.
    Please have no hard-points on the bridge.
  • Options
    capnmanxcapnmanx Member Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I understand that these ships were made with a theme in mind, and I understand the desire to stick with it amidst controversy; but if you made just one alternate costume for these ships that looked more traditional and curvy, you'd probably sell a lot more of them Cryptic.

Just look at how well the Guardian is being received.

It's easy enough to explain away: 'Starfleet was very impressed with the performance of the Intelligence ships, and commissioned a restyled second batch for the main fleet'.
  • Options
    acvoelckeracvoelcker Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I hope the Phantom will have the option of adding the Defiant-esque forward deflector portion to it. It looks unfinished without it.
  • Options
    vivenneanthonyvivenneanthony Member Posts: 1,278 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    capnmanx wrote: »
    I understand that these ships were made with a theme in mind, and I understand the desire to stick with it amidst controversy; but if you made just one alternate costume for these ships that looked more traditional and curvy, you'd probably sell a lot more of them Cryptic.

Just look at how well the Guardian is being received.

It's easy enough to explain away: 'Starfleet was very impressed with the performance of the Intelligence ships, and commissioned a restyled second batch for the main fleet'.

I don't play my Fed character but I would like the Tempest for her.

The Guardian is sexy. I like it.

I don't know what the heck the designers was thinking with the Intel ships on the Fed side.