test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

please change the Crystalline Entity STF back to what it was....

sabouma1979sabouma1979 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
Aight.... the Crystalline Entity STF is just too darn hard at the moment.... my main character is fully and properly geared, and I get eaten alive! Before I could do the Elite version easily, but this is just ridiculous.

Please remove all the "extra's" from the STF.... this is no fun anymore :mad:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Aight.... the Crystalline Entity STF is just too darn hard at the moment.... my main character is fully and properly geared, and I get eaten alive! Before I could do the Elite version easily, but this is just ridiculous.

1) this new version is specific to the event, only sticks around for 3 weeks
    2) it rewards better via shards
    3) yes, it now requires a phantom of tactics to complete.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I agree that the event is more challenging right now, since I actually witnessed a failed (as in abandoned) run earlier today. I have never witnessed this since the entity was nerfed into oblivion :D

But why cry for a nerf? You need to adapt your tactics. For isntance, it is vital that there are enough sci captains to subnuc the entity. If you have only tacs ganging up on it, it will heal and increase it's damage output in the process - subnuking, CCing etc. works to counter that development. If people just blindly fly into fragments, don't adjust their strategy beyond "fire all weapons kthxbye" the entity will at one point pretty much oneshot everyone and heal up to full health again.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • christianmacchristianmac Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Right. I puged an elite yesterday and only died once. I like it personally. id rather have a challenge then a snore fest.
    77TH FIGHTER SQUADRON
  • tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It will go back to what it was... after the event.

Crystalline Cataclysm is supposed to be a bit harder than Crystalline Catastrophe. It has additional associated awards. But it really is not that much harder. And at least it it doesn't have the mirror ship issue it did start of th event last year. THAT was nigh impossible, especially when some noob agroes them.
  • admiralcarteradmiralcarter Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    As long as a Science Captain or two is on your team you should have no problem as Science Officers can debuff the Entity...

Theese days everyone tends to play Tactical Officers with loads-o-dps wich is useless while playing CE. The more DPS you throw at it the more it throws back.

With todays run I almost failed with my team because there was no Science Captain around.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Star Trek Online Intro HD [3rd Fleet Anniversary]

• mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    What exactly got harder? Yeah, there seem to be new special effects around, but I am not sure I see an actual difficulty increase?

Just bring some Grav Wells, if you want to be on the safe side, I suppose.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • cincyman39cincyman39 Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Nerf that mother till she screams and bleeds lol.

this seems to be the pattern past few years cryptic puits out a challenge and some cry foul.....If you can't hang with the big dog then go play hello kitty and leave this event to the pro's. Just my two zens
  • greendragon527greendragon527 Member Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The only way to fail it really is to FAW when all the mirror ships are around, and even then, that was nerfed when it first came out.
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Wow now you can't sit there just banging away at the entity and just far, you actually have to DO SOMETHING?!

OMG, the universe will come to an end. My god just 2 things you have to do. When you get focused get out of 10km range, then pop back in when ready and unload.

Hell 2 trips through figured out just sit just inside the 10km range, when I get into trouble just back up out of 10km, fix up, dry rinse repeat.

It's really not that hard.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    What exactly got harder? Yeah, there seem to be new special effects around, but I am not sure I see an actual difficulty increase?

Just bring some Grav Wells, if you want to be on the safe side, I suppose.

It's putting out more DPS that usual (on average) is probably what is getting the OP. Event attracts more players, most people play tacs, thus (on average) less science people in the matches, less debuffing, and more buffing. And of course you also have all the people who don't usually play the CC mission who end up doing stupid stuff to actually BUFF the entity more (on top of that).

Unfortunately in this game there are a number of players whose tactical capability extends only so far as mindlessly mashing their fire button on everything all the time with no thought as to the effects till they hope things are dead.
  • tmghost999tmghost999 Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    OP : I guess you are quite new to the game, since you dare to ask for the ORIGINAL Elite Crystaline Enitity. I am sure only older players in here actually knew how hard the Original one was, and i am sure VERY few can actually say they were able to finish the old Original elite entity.

Compared to what we have now (even the event one), you can easily say the old one was about
    50 times harder, and required real good teamplay and tactics.

The one you play now just requires DPS....

Just saying :D
  • stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I still fall asleep while doing CEE.

But yeah, I can still survive with my new char (no rep/fleetgear) or my engie (horrible skillplan). It is very much doable.
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    wait... people are having problems with it... I did a elite last night with a half done Risian Corvette trop boat and had no problems.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    edited August 2014

This is better by far.
    Usually, Cryptic just buffs CrtH and CrtD on NPC's, that's their idea of creating "challenging" gameplay.

Enjoy it while it lasts.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • jjdezjjdez Member Posts: 570 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It only *seems* harder right now because all the people who don't have the slightest clue how to play are in the queues as it's a special event. Tac Team is your friend people. Oh and as it's been covered before, you dare not wish for the true original to ever come back.
  • kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Were you staying within 1km so that that charge-up blast doesn't hit you?
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • svindal777svindal777 Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    You could always do the regular one, in under 5 minutes. That is what I do with my alts.

You get the same number of shards.
    Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on.
  • dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It's been nerfed from the original, it's been nerfed from the new incarnation and now you want another nerf.

Stop being a carebear, build your ship properly and start enjoying some "difficulty"

Just stick to normal, that's what it's there for....casuals scrubs like you
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The event is already laughable as it is. It doesnt need another nerf. The only thing I would wish for is that it really get back how it was a few seasons ago, a very hard stf and not some kindergarten event.
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    indeed, this stf is not difficult, even with my mirror bop, i can do it without problems
  • cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I do wish it was a bit less consistent and predictable - my Vulcan does it all just fine and its essentially just as it was, my Altmeri about the same, my Klingon's Vo'Quv racer draws agro from time to time (somehow...) and my Romulan gets her D'd blown up 4 or 5 times a run in "WTF?" moments.

Every time...
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    woodwhity wrote: »
    The event is already laughable as it is. It doesnt need another nerf. The only thing I would wish for is that it really get back how it was a few seasons ago, a very hard stf and not some kindergarten event.

I think the should set to what it was at first plus the new stuff. just to see the reaction.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    CCE is not difficult. If it is difficult for you, I am sorry that you are bad at STO.
  • pulserazorpulserazor Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I dont find this version of CE any more difficult. Balance pass denied.
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This is the 1st time I have experienced Crystalline Cataclysm Elite since I only started playing tihs year. You know what? I prefer it to the more vanilla Crystalline Catastrophe Elite because it is more challenging.

I would not mind if "Catastrophe" becomes just as challenging as "Cataclysm", and then make the next "Cataclysm" event more challenging.
  • dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    This is the 1st time I have experienced Crystalline Cataclysm Elite since I only started playing tihs year. You know what? I prefer it to the more vanilla Crystalline Catastrophe Elite because it is more challenging.

I would not mind if "Catastrophe" becomes just as challenging as "Cataclysm", and then make the next "Cataclysm" event more challenging.

Should've seen the original cataclysm...spamx3 atleast....now that was fun....the tears were flowing pretty heavy though and they all wanted it extended because the first few days were "uncompletable"
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This is a joke, right??, i havent changed my ship since the dyson rep, not destroyed even once with my regent, but one time with my ar'kif, on elite.... you are joking...
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    dahminus wrote: »
    Should've seen the original cataclysm...spamx3 atleast....now that was fun....the tears were flowing pretty heavy though and they all wanted it extended because the first few days were "uncompletable"

That was difficult, and i win it every time.. when the instance wasnt abandoned by other players... and i dont consider myself a very good or harcore player... you just need to know the limits of your ship.. anyway, good old times...that bug was the best ever... :D
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited August 2014

The CE isn't an STF. STF is a term with the Borg events and Terrordrome.

And said above, it's fine as it is.
  • xanderkentxanderkent Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I wish they would leave it exactly the way it is right now. I've run it twice with two different ships and had a blast. I'm planning to run the Elite with my fleet galaxy later tonight. I like that it's more challenging. There's hasn't been a lot of that lately. The Borg are a joke, the Undine aren't terribly challenging (expect for the lag) and Voth are laughable. I think that nerfing the game should be illegal.
    If you set a man a fire he will be warm for a night. If you a man on fire he will be warm for the rest of his life.