Install Arc
Options

Duty Officer Weekend Event [Now Ended]

124»

Comments

• Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Every 16 hours?? you saying that if i get a tactical doff, i cant get an engineer one after 16 hours later?????? :eek::confused:

Ow and i thought this event was bad enough... lol.

Yeah the professor what gives the assignment has a 16 hour cooldown. I finished my third now and I think I've had enough. I got 2 good officers so pretty cool.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    atomictikiatomictiki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Clear explanation and communication: A

Content of explanation: F--
    Leave nerfing to the professionals.
  • Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    While this will remain forever on my never forget list, it will be because I couldn't bring you the Romulan Liberated Borg DOff everyone was expecting.

Oh rest assured, yours isn't the only "never forget" list this will be on. On the one hand, thanks for (finally getting around to) addressing the huge white elephant (that should have been addresed before the event even started) in the event. But on the other, I'm with the crowd who finds the explanation to feel very "retro-continuity" as well.
    atomictiki wrote: »
    Clear explanation and communication: A

Content of explanation: F--

Nail struck squarely on head.
  • Options
    arrmateysarrmateys Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    IMO, the particle chase is more interesting than Q's gift package nonsense, though that's not saying much.
    i dunno, the q chase was more fun to me.

there was no random generator failure involved, so you always had success on interact. the minigames weren't bad either, the chase part was easy, the box part a bit harder but still ok.

and best of all, it only required 5 successes instead of 75, and in the end rewarded you a free ship in addition to dilithium , party poppers or vendor junk instead of a doff.

it took like 5 minutes max instead of better part of an hour to complete, and didn't have any random reward generation.
    Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the cr​ap out of me.
    We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
    We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.
  • Options
    catoblepasbetacatoblepasbeta Member Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The academy event is a total waste of time.

I collected 72 of the particles and the Professor says I can get a blue doff but go back and collect more for better quality. So I cancel that to try for purple. Guess what? He takes the 72 I collected and doesn't even give me the blue doff I turned down. And puts a 20 hour countdown timer on it.

What a joke, Cryptic!
    What? Out of all the glitches the event had last time around, I would have figured they would have fixed that one...

Removing the Romulan-specific Doff? (and Lying to the players about ever having promised it) Priority

Putting a large coolwdown timer on the event? Priority

But fixing the bug that robbed some people of their hard-earned particle fragments? I guess that's not important...
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I didn't have the doff lockup issue, but I did have the mission complete, and comsume my Particle Fragments, without my selecting the doff crate. [SARCASM] That was awesome. Really. This Event rocks! [/SARCASM] :P

Still, it was a nice idea in theory, especially allowing further completions for a Very Rare doff crate. It's just too bad it's a bit buggy.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Well, the doff mission complete bug is spreading through all my KDF alts now.

Some only have a couple of working slots, some more than half to be fair.

Not all of them have had their R+D closed down by this.

However after this, apparently, irony free CXP weekend I'd like it fixed now.

Or even recognised as a major downer on a weekend event.

It would just be nice if someone just gave the impression at least of actually caring whats happening in game.
  • Options
    centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I actually worked this event better than last time, scoring at least 6 VR DOffs, along with the faction-specific "reinforcement" DOffs (Exocomp for Feds, Reman for KDF). I was a bit disappointed that the RNG punished me at DOff pickup; I selected Science for all 6-7 collections, but got 2 VR nurses & 1 VR doctor. At least I was able to trade them for 3 rare DOffs each, which actually yielded some useful officers. From a mission standpoint, the trade-in was actually twice as good as the original, since 3 blues = 150 particles vs. 75 for 1 purple! :eek:
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • Options
    shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    edited August 2014
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    shadowkosh wrote: »
    WERE IS OUR ROMULAN DOFF:mad:

Smirk explained that we weren't supposed to get the Romulan doff mission last time. Just the faction doff. So it's currently working as intended, except for the mission completion bugs, of course.
This discussion has been closed.