test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Duty Officer Weekend Event [Now Ended]

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
edited August 2014 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Starting today, Thursday, August 14th, 2014 at 10AM PDT, we are currently running a special Junior Officer Appreciation weekend event where you can earn Bonus Commendation XP by completing any Duty Officer assignments! This event will run until Monday, August 18th, 2014 at 10AM PDT.

To those junior officers who work tirelessly in cramped Jefferies Tubes, perish namelessly on away missions, or provide the endless streams of reports and analysis necessary for a starship to function – this event is dedicated to you!

Have fun, and try not to send too many duty officers to Sickbay!

~LaughingTrendy

Read the details here
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2014
    So I'm guessing the special Romulan DOFF was just completely removed then? I still have the mission from last event.

That's a shame.
  • Options
    seannewboyseannewboy Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Too bad i have one character at least, who has 9 mission slots locked up, they wont complete or abort.
    New home of the Romulan Republic.
    I have an idea for what Season 11 should be; Season 11: The Big Bug Fix.
    I have not been able to read my bug tickets in over a year, not even the tickets about not being able to see my tickets.
    I find the drama of your signature proof of your immaturity, this means you, DR whiners.
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So I guess when we were promised that romulan doff was a lie. Just goes to show cryptic does not keep its promises. This event is also a pointless grind so won't be doing it at all. So don't think I will be on much this weekend.
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    locutusofcactuslocutusofcactus Member Posts: 651 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    robeasom wrote: »
    So I guess when we were promised that romulan doff was a lie. Just goes to show cryptic does not keep its promises. This event is also a pointless grind so won't be doing it at all. So don't think I will be on much this weekend.

Which dev promised us the Romulan doff and where was that post? Because I remember them apologizing and then saying that FOR SURE they would make it happen next time there was an appreciation weekend. They seem to have dropped the ball but it was a ball they already dropped and never picked up.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,321 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    One would think that a few months would suffice to fix that Romulan doff giveaway.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Not bad. And a 20% off costumes sale? I'll take it.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    inflamedcoloninflamedcolon Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Which dev promised us the Romulan doff and where was that post? Because I remember them apologizing and then saying that FOR SURE they would make it happen next time there was an appreciation weekend. They seem to have dropped the ball but it was a ball they already dropped and never picked up.

EDIT: Smirk apologized but made no promise. http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=16298681&postcount=177

Don't try to drop and reclaim the mission, they either forgot to add it or removing the mission was the fix
  • Options
    trelane87trelane87 Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Smirk:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=16298681&postcount=177

&

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=16360101&postcount=273

Guess we'll have to wait longer :(
  • Options
    sirboulevardsirboulevard Member Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Guys - no faction is getting the special doffs this weekend. There's no exocomp for FEDs or Reman for KDF. Can't get them for any of my alts, I've looked. It's no where in the blog post that we were getting them. This looks like just an Extra CXP & grind free doffs at the academy event.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TRIBBLE Hydra! Hail Janeway!
  • Options
    gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Guys - no faction is getting the special doffs this weekend. There's no exocomp for FEDs or Reman for KDF. Can't get them for any of my alts, I've looked. It's no where in the blog post that we were getting them. This looks like just an Extra CXP & grind free doffs at the academy event.

No, the EXOComp and Reman are still there. I got the Reman for my KDF Rom by talking to the Gorn where you talk to the Klingon to start the particle search.
  • Options
    locutusofcactuslocutusofcactus Member Posts: 651 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    EDIT: Smirk apologized but made no promise. http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=16298681&postcount=177

Don't try to drop and reclaim the mission, they either forgot to add it or removing the mission was the fix

Thanks. I read it wrong and took it as a promise. "According to plan" means that the plan is not to fix it.

Smirk: "This is going on my new 'never forget' list to make sure the next time this event runs that everything is going according to plan."
  • Options
    inflamedcoloninflamedcolon Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2014

The free doffs are mentioned in bullet points in the blog.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I got the exocomp last time for my Romulan. I remember thinking that the other extra Romulan doff was a mistake never intended, so never have worried about it.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    We were told that we would get it before season 9 and it never happened
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Smirk: "This is going on my new 'never forget' list to make sure the next time this event runs that everything is going according to plan."

Well just highlights how little care the Romulan doff system has been given. Romulan chefs and bartenders still can't replicate Romulan food.. high quality Republic specific doffs are hard to come by.. and the doff assignments are pretty much a copy/paste of Fed and KDF assignments.. Romulan Fraction indeed :rolleyes:
  • Options
    xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This is an outrage. Seriously, you still didn't manage to make the Romulan DOFF a possibility? Seriously?
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    75 particles for a random purple doff and no fix for the romulan doff?

Yeah, no. Won't bother with the event.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So I'm guessing the special Romulan DOFF was just completely removed then? I still have the mission from last event.

That's a shame.

Lovely.

And speaking of Doffs and Doffing: Stuck assignements are still stuck. It was oh so very useful to stop them from showing the negative time, now they're just completing for eternity.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    druhindruhin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Honestly, people expected Cryptic to FIX the problems since the last time this event rolled around?

They are neck-deep in pushing the bugged out Delta Rising expansion to Holodeck within the next 2 months. They don't have time to worry about fixing the older bugs.
  • Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    druhin wrote: »
    Honestly, people expected Cryptic to FIX the problems since the last time this event rolled around?

They are neck-deep in pushing the bugged out Delta Rising expansion to Holodeck within the next 2 months. They don't have time to worry about fixing the older bugs.
    It's bugged even before it's released? How hilarious... you don't know anything about the expansion as it's not been put on Tribble yet, so how can it be bugged if you've not even tested the expansion? Your assessment defies logic.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    It's bugged even before it's released? How hilarious... you don't know anything about the expansion as it's not been put on Tribble yet, so how can it be bugged if you've not even tested the expansion? Your assessment defies logic.

If it's anything like the alpha doff UI and the alpha crafting system they released it's quite logical to assume it will be an unmitigated disaster... should rename it Alpha Rising :P
  • Options
    druhindruhin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2014

leadme2kirk beat me to it. You're right thou. I haven't tested the expansion. But I have tested STO while it was in beta (pre-2010), I've tested Legacy of Romulus before it was pushed to Holodeck, and I've tested pretty much every Season update since launch. As Kirk said, "history defies your logic".

Time will tell if they follow the past trend of bugged releases, or if they actually SURPRISE me with a smoother/less flawed release.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    particle collapsed 35 times in a row - gave up - is there a bottom to that well? crazy.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    particle collapsed 35 times in a row - gave up - is there a bottom to that well? crazy.
    This just shows how Cryptic cares about players' feedback. Was there a single person who thought that failed particle search was a good idea in the already painful grind?

Add to that the bug with Romulan Doff that hasn't been fixed and the unbearable Doff UI issues that persists since S9,5 launch.

Yeah, great event there cryptic, I soooo want to log in and play right now... except, not really.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Starting today, Thursday, August 14th, 2014 at 10AM PDT, we are currently running a special Junior Officer Appreciation weekend event where you can earn Bonus Commendation XP by completing any Duty Officer assignments! This event will run until Monday, August 18th, 2014 at 10AM PDT.

To those junior officers who work tirelessly in cramped Jefferies Tubes, perish namelessly on away missions, or provide the endless streams of reports and analysis necessary for a starship to function – this event is dedicated to you!

Have fun, and try not to send too many duty officers to Sickbay!

~LaughingTrendy

Read the details here

That's great, except that my DOFFs are mostly (19 of 20) stuck doing nothing, and have been for the last 6 days. So some of us are locked out of the event. Thanks?
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This is probably my favourite event in the game. I guess I'll pick up some purples on chars that need them.

Too bad you completely dropped the ball on the special Romulan Doff though, Cryptic. Details guys, details. It's the little details that make the picture whole, and ignoring/forgetting/whatever them makes you a mediocre developer at best. Get it together.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Just got my Exocomp
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2014
    The RNG must hate me because out of 40 particles, about 36 collapsed.

FYI on the RNG to the devs, it has been behaving more erratically on newer stuff you release ike the Risan Egg drops for example.
This discussion has been closed.