What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

- Official Star Trek Delta Rising Announcement

Comments

• Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Never fear, we will be hunting through posts and threads to find info we can pass up the chain in response to player feedback. We want to make sure your voices are heard too! I can't guarantee everyone will be heard and/or get everything you want, but I will do my best to bring feedback to the team.

~CaptainSmirk

Thank you for making the effort.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    somebob wrote: »

Finally! Someone actually brings proof! Thank you.
    Btw, no need to be snarky ;)
    I need a beer.

• Options
    solomacesolomace Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    beerxhyper wrote: »
    i have two things to say first being this quote the solanea is at the edge of the Delta Quadrant the scotty sphere is further into the delta quadrant.
    second is to the whineing about the T6 and T5 and T5.5 get over urselves u spent money knowing SOONER or LATEr there well be a lvl cap raise and new stuff i have a %$^%$^&$$^ ton of cstore ships and fleet and lockbox/lobi ships does this expansion mean i am gonna stop playing them nope well i spend money on the new ships idk right now i am farming dilithium for any ship i want so if u got time to cry like a baby u got time to farm dilithium.

Why are you having ago at people who have a genuine concern? Why does it effect you that people are unhappy that "their" iconic ship may not be available at T6 (and most likely won't be) and being told "we got you covered" doesn't alliterate any of the concern.

So I guess that anyone who is not happy and has given reasons as to why, is whining?

Once again these forums are only for Cryptic yes men and CDFers.

If you all love the game like you purport to do, why are you on these forums so much defending Cryptic in everything they do? Do you get anything from it? Why not just go and play the game and leave the forum "whiners" to themselves?

So of these forum "whiners" have a reason to be upset or concerned. Want to know what that is? They have paid money to this game or have put countless hours into it. Simple. That gives them a right to "whine" as long as it doesn't break any forum rules. Those who do, it's down to the Mods to sort out, not the forum police.

If these same "whiners" decide to leave and not spend any money (and from what stats say, only a small amount of people actually pay money in a F2P game), then what happens to your precious STO then?

I think you CDFers are all drinking the same Kool aid that Al is drinking and that is belittle anyone who has an problem or issue, or clump everyone into the same bracket if they are not happy as whiners.

Cryptic doesn't care about you, you do realise that don't ya?
    Straight from the mouth of one of the leaders of the CDF - "I tell you what, Haven't spent any money either - I'm a lousy freeloader" - Jonsills 17/12/2014
  • Options
    kylelockekylelocke Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The Vaadwaur from the Voyager episode 'Dragon's Teeth' should be made into one as the primary aggressors, by 2410 they would have caught up with every other race and would be a bigger threat than the Kazon (Not even the Borg think they're worth the time). I still believe that the Borg would have made more sense as aggressors in the Solanae Dyson Sphere seeing as the Borg want to create a stable Omega molecule and would have spared no expense in trying to obtain it Voyager episode 'The Omega Directive' however I have to accept what has been decided. I would like to see Robert Ricardo or Brent Spiner reprise their roles as the Doctor and Data.
    "I will make the Orion Syndicate face the light of justice or burn them with it." - Captainl Kyle Nathaniel Locke, U.S.S. Excalibur NCC-98105-C
  • Options
    zulisvelzulisvel Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Never fear, we will be hunting through posts and threads to find info we can pass up the chain in response to player feedback. We want to make sure your voices are heard too! I can't guarantee everyone will be heard and/or get everything you want, but I will do my best to bring feedback to the team.

~CaptainSmirk

Then please, please pass along this piece of feedback: Without any information on how upgraded Tier 5.x ships will compare to Tier 6 a lot of players, myself included, are very nervous about our current ships and if buying new ships (C-Store, keys for lockboxs, spending lobi) is even a safe thing to do right now. Without the ability to make an informed decision regarding purchases as a consumer it is certainly better to err on the side of caution. Please release the information that will put our minds at ease so that we can finally focus on the awesome parts of the expansion.
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Here is my thinking about the T5 ships that are c-store and the new T-6 ships.

I bought a T5 ship knowing it was called a Tier 5 ship and that at some probable time down the road they'd raise the level cap like almost every mmo in existence has done. Now if you are new to MMO's and didn't expect that to happen, they've obviously given an upgrade route that hasn't had much info released about yet to allow T5 to be a bit up to standard with T6 ships (though apparently T6 ships will be super top of the line for the time being).

Sorry to be the downer but this isn't shocking and shouldn't be to anyone that's played MMO's. When a level cap raise happens, your stuff is obsolete and you need to get new gear. That's how it is. Yes, you paid money for it, but thems the breaks.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• Options
    baratgabbaratgab Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    And that's why you don't buy ZEN but you play abit I try to get it from dil ;)

Well, after getting a Regent for 2500 zen, and then getting the fleet version for an additional ship module – only through saving ingame –, I actually feel that paying would have hurt much less. Would have been much less time involved that way... :(

(I hope that at the very least the devs will appreciate people's intention who bought the C-store versions AND the extra fleet module for 1000 more zen, with the sole purpose of having a long-lasting investment...)
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    askray wrote: »
    Sorry to be the downer but this isn't shocking and shouldn't be to anyone that's played MMO's. When a level cap raise happens, your stuff is obsolete and you need to get new gear. That's how it is. Yes, you paid money for it, but thems the breaks.

Indeed. Which is why I didn't believe the "not making them obsolete" spiel. "Competitive" does not equal equal.
    I need a beer.

• Options
    somebobsomebob Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Seriously, What about out T5 and brand new ships? What about T5 fleet ships?

Did I open a garbage scow worth of lock boxes to get my Xindi dreadnought just to see it become obsolete a few WEEKS later? Or buy a Dyson Sphere Science ship for the same thing? And the voth ships I got a month ago are those going to get short changed too?
    They have said that T5 ships will be able to be upgraded (and not through the crafting system) to be competitive with the new T6 ships (which will have UNIQUE things to them and them only).

One thing you've forgotten - right now in STO, you can take a team of ships gotten for free at level 40, put WHITE MK X gear on them, and with some smart players piloting them, EASILY take down all the elite content currently in STO (short of No Win Scenario perhaps).

And there's just -slightly- better items/ships/weapons available for us to get as of this point.

The new content will be playable (and no doubt easily) with the 'uber' ships we have right now with the 'uber' MK XII items gained from Fleets/Reputations/whatever. T6 ships will be entirely optional and only if you want the New Unique Stuff that they'll offer.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    megawolf0megawolf0 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Somehow, one thing that could be fun is that "Drive" episode where they raced. That could be a fun PvP event.
  • Options
    solomacesolomace Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014

I bought a T5 ship knowing it was called a Tier 5 ship and that at some probable time down the road they'd raise the level cap like almost every mmo in existence has done. Now if you are new to MMO's and didn't expect that to happen, they've obviously given an upgrade route that hasn't had much info released about yet to allow T5 to be a bit up to standard with T6 ships (though apparently T6 ships will be super top of the line for the time being).

Everything you said I understand as I have seen it any everyone MMo I have played.

That said, if this is the way they're going, doesn't it mean that people will be less likely now to buy the new ships or buy lock boxes knowing that T7 could be out at any time?

A lot of people still cling to Dan the Man's words about no T6 and promptly spent money on the their T5 and T5.5, so doesn't it mean that unless their upgrade to T5.9 isn't a con and the difference between T5.9 and T6 is negligible, then some people simply won't buy any ships.

That said, if T6 isn't "a lot" better than T5.9, why spend money on a T6?

These are the questions that Cryptic "should" have had out the day of the announcement so people have the answers they need.

My opinion is that T6 will be substantially better than T5.
    Straight from the mouth of one of the leaders of the CDF - "I tell you what, Haven't spent any money either - I'm a lousy freeloader" - Jonsills 17/12/2014
  • Options
    jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    Here you go: clicky. :D

Thank you very much!
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
  • Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited August 2014

I agree with everything you said, askray. No one should have been shocked when they heard that Tier 6 was incoming.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ... I would also like to add that this "Dev blog" is a 100% regurgitation of the info from STLV .

All I can say is ...

• Options
    sammyspet1sammyspet1 Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The STO team is pleased to announce the second full expansion to the game, Star Trek Online: Delta Rising. Captains will be able to explore the Delta Quadrant, fighting alongside familiar allies against new terrifying foes! Read more about it in our official announcement by Executive Producer Stephen D’Angelo.

Click this link to go to our Official Announcement

Make sure to check out our official trailer video from the Dev Panel at Star Trek Las Vegas convention!

~CaptainSmirk

really?!?!?!?!??!

come on, every current lockbox ship all the current rep items and everything will be useless??? that is not funny! it will make the bug ship promo useless lol all the people who have 1 and all lockbox ships! will they be upgraded? i think not

Worst Idea in STOs HISTORY!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

wanted to beat the Delta Meme n00bs LOL
    Join Date a player made up is NOT correct!
  • Options
    baratgabbaratgab Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    bobalazs wrote: »
    Please, please, please, pretty please fix the graphics issues in this fine game!

Especially the lighting and depth options!

quad core + 7750 = 5-30 FPS.

^^^ This. ^^^
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Captains,

It should go without saying that the Mods are actively reading this thread and violating forum rules in an announcement thread is a really bad idea.

Please be respectful of others when you post. Thank you.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 900 Arc User
    edited August 2014

I bought a T5 ship knowing it was called a Tier 5 ship and that at some probable time down the road they'd raise the level cap like almost every mmo in existence has done...

Everyone, or most long-term players, expected and wanted more end game content and ships. Most also probably expected additions (at cost) to improve their existing tier 5 ships. These things are expected in keeping a MMO current and entertaining; but no good MMO would just say that all you bought is now useless and now fork over more money. No one, with. common sense buys a new car when the older one is still just fine or they cannot use it for trade in on a new one. I expect STO to be equitable in how tier 5 ships will be brought up to a "competitive" level compared to tier 6. Still, the players have good reasons to asks for details and expect their monetary and/or time investment in tied 5 ships and associated Mk XII gear to be protected.
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So, how are sales of today's Jem'Hadar Garbage Scow promotion doing? Not seeing very many "Someone's a winner!" messages.

Edit: They've since announced that the JHAS will get a free upgrade to T6 stats when the time comes. Planned ahead or damage control? You be the judge. And what about all the other lockbox ships and C-Store ships that real money has changed hands for?
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,336 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    sammyspet1 wrote: »
    really?!?!?!?!??!

come on, every current lockbox ship all the current rep items and everything will be useless??? that is not funny! it will make the bug ship promo useless lol all the people who have 1 and all lockbox ships! will they be upgraded? i think not

Worst Idea in STOs HISTORY!!!!!

Reputation items, Tier 5 and Fleet (Tier 5.5) ships and lockbox ships are not going to be left behind. This is what I believe will happen:

-Reputation sets will receive the ability to be upgraded to Mark XIII and XIV.

-Existing Tier 5 and Fleet ships will upgradable almost to the extent of Tier 6. They have said that they didn't want to invalidate people's ships and there will be a means to upgrade them. Same as the lockbox and promotional ships most likely.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    sammyspet1sammyspet1 Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Reputation items, Tier 5 and Fleet (Tier 5.5) ships and lockbox ships are not going to be left behind. This is what I believe will happen:

-Reputation sets will receive the ability to be upgraded to Mark XIII and XIV.

-Existing Tier 5 and Fleet ships will upgradable almost to the extent of Tier 6. They have said that they didn't want to invalidate people's ships and there will be a means to upgrade them. Same as the lockbox and promotional ships most likely.

sweet thank you soo much :-)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

wanted to beat the Delta Meme n00bs LOL
    Join Date a player made up is NOT correct!
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    (snip)
    Sorry to be the downer but this isn't shocking and shouldn't be to anyone that's played MMO's.

I know this will come as a shocker but :

a) There are Trek fans here who do not play other games or other MMO's .
    The amount of simplistic questions in the help forum as well as some new guildies should confirm this . And you should know this BTW , being in the position you hold and all .

b) How many other MMO's have your guild grind for a year or more for a single mount/ship (like we did , when we built the damn starbases for those T.5 ships) ?
    See , I don't mind my weapons or shields becoming obsolete , but the starships , especially those we go for a crazy amount of time / grind / cash (or all 3) , be they starbase based or lockbox based -- those are a different ballgame ... , especially in an MMO that markets itself as "casual" .
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    odyssey47 wrote: »
    So according to Al Rivera this is the biggest expnsion since Legacy of Romulus, making it the biggest expansion since the last expansion.
    Well, is this an inclusive since? If so, it would mean it'S bigger than LOR. ;)

Also, while only LOR has been officially called an expansion - featured episode releases or season updates would probably be also be called expansions outside of STO specifically.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    trelane87trelane87 Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I just found an old dev Q&A blog where Geko flat out said... no tier 6 ships.. if you can avoid the redirect I suggest checking it out.

http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=985761
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Probably the easiest way for them to go is have an upgrade (refit^2) that adds some hull and a universal console slot (put whatever you want into it!) to increase the stats of existing ships to make them in line with the new ones.
    I suspect that the first generation of the new ships will be fairly generic, so the T6 Fed science ship won't have the Vesta's aux cannon or hanger for example. So the new ships will have the new mechanic/boff, but could be otherwise lackluster compared to existing ships.
  • Options
    tilarium1979tilarium1979 Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    We indeed did want to make sure to give our video team the time they needed to edit and format the video for public release, and they did a great job! We are very proud of them and the video itself. The Vegas team did a great job at the convention. Just look at how happy they made harry Kim :D

~CaptainSmirk

Look at poor Harry's track record, it wouldn't take much to make him happy. Janeway used him as her personal whipping boy :( Always felt bad for him on the show.
  • Options
    tech79ltech79l Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    You know I do have to say I've played a lot of free to play games, and I think by far this one is one of the better ones. One of the only F2P games I've played that I can get pretty much everything in the game that a subscriber can get if I just put a little extra work into it.

While I have some issues with the game as it currently stands I do like it, I'm excited for the expansion and I think you guys are doing an awesome job!
  • Options
    drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited August 2014
    trelane87 wrote: »
    I just found an old dev Q&A blog where Geko flat out said... no tier 6 ships.. if you can avoid the redirect I suggest checking it out.

http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=985761

What I see before the annoying redirect is him saying "Unlikely" which is not a flat out no, and then he goes on to say that they wouldn't want to do it and make older ships obsolete, a concern they have already said is being addressed.

I have the majority of the lockbox ships and plenty of c-store ships and I'm thrilled about this new expansion. I've got a few toons that will actively play with T6 ships, but from the statements I've heard, I'm expecting to be able to keep the majority right where I want them, in their RP ships.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • Options
    captainkeatzcaptainkeatz Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I am excited but also nervous. Simply put, I -like- my ships and Cryptic's design are a lot of hit and miss. Besides if there's only non-ip, cryptic designed ships going around , it won't feel a lot like Trek anymore.
This discussion has been closed.