Options

Clash of the current Titans.....

1235»

Comments

• Options
    naz4naz4 Member Posts: 1,373 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    mindsharp wrote: »
    Yes I know, I participated in that tourney as well. But I was referring to the last two, which is what I assumed that person was referring to since there was a bit of a gap between them and the NoBS tourneys. I should have clarified.

As i was right in the middle of this mess, this is what happened:

As you said Edalgo, the rules were agreed amongst all which no one had issues with. All was good.

A few days before the tournament, rules which were not agreed upon earlier, appeared without being agreed by anyone.

I pointed it out in that very thread and asked that we get together to ensure everyone agreed to those additions.

Upon doing so, this was posted into that very thread to derail the whole thing. This action lead to Cryptic withdrawing from it.
  • Options
    pulserazorpulserazor Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Pandas were excluded from a tourney on BS claims in a NO BS tourney (a tourney format created by Pandas.) Lag was then removed when a few of the guys who had toons there participated in the same tourney. There is two.

idk who's idea that was, but shame on them.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    edalgo wrote: »
    Regardless of what happened the only reason I brought it up was because I was disgusted with what transpired after you called out IC and RE. Also in previous posts in other threads and OPvP it seems like you've been looking to instigate drama unnecessarily for your entertainment.

Not everyone is going to get along. Tensions run high in PvP as it is. Everyone wants to win but there always has to be a loser/s in matches.

But since PvPers are such a small percentage of players we should be coming together more often . It easy to type out BS in chat but harder on voice chat and even harder in person.

Perhaps if there was more comradery and less drama in chats and the forum's Cryptic would be more inclined to communicate and develop PvP more than some blindsiding changes where PvP is only a side thought.

And you Naz are one of the few people who I normally see as bringing PvPers together. Not ripping them apart further. I guess I hold you in higher regard than I've seen recently and that's disappointing. Whether it was started as just joking around or not outsiders, Devs, PvEers, probably won't look highly or amusingly of it in a positive light.

Back then PvP had a larger community than we do now (just go over your old PvP Fleets thread, you could cross off majority of those fleets) and despite personal differences that are bound to happen we should be trying to come together more.

Just to let you know, I never knew IC and RE had any beef until after I saw the squabble in this post and then both the parties informing me afterwards. I get on very well with both parties and don't have any issues with either. Probably in the best position to mediate between the two but that's not for here and it's up to them if they want to.

I only wanted to get an arms race going with the 2 fleets (HOBO's and RE) and wind up go go basement ranger in the process for kicks. There was no mention of IC from me originally.
  • Options
    antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    edalgo wrote: »
    Regardless of what happened the only reason I brought it up was because I was disgusted with what transpired after you called out IC and RE. Also in previous posts in other threads and OPvP it seems like you've been looking to instigate drama unnecessarily for your entertainment.

Not everyone is going to get along. Tensions run high in PvP as it is. Everyone wants to win but there always has to be a loser/s in matches.

But since PvPers are such a small percentage of players we should be coming together more often . It easy to type out BS in chat but harder on voice chat and even harder in person.

Perhaps if there was more comradery and less drama in chats and the forum's Cryptic would be more inclined to communicate and develop PvP more than some blindsiding changes where PvP is only a side thought.

And you Naz are one of the few people who I normally see as bringing PvPers together. Not ripping them apart further. I guess I hold you in higher regard than I've seen recently and that's disappointing. Whether it was started as just joking around or not outsiders, Devs, PvEers, probably won't look highly or amusingly of it in a positive light.

Back then PvP had a larger community than we do now (just go over your old PvP Fleets thread, you could cross off majority of those fleets) and despite personal differences that are bound to happen we should be trying to come together more.

Naz isn't instigating for his own entertainment. Its for all of us. :) Seriously what the "pvp community" has been missing for a few months now is a bit of bickering. Its 90% of the fun of playing a stupid mmo. I would hope we all understand we are ribbing (and sure sometimes more then that) other actual people. We can like each other and still not like each other if you know what I'm saying.

Of all the pvp players I have met I would honestly say only 3-4 of them where actual in fact true jerks. Everyone else is capable of fighting for fun like adults. At some point most of the people fighting will be fighting together. Its all good... all we need is a good sprinkles post and we all pull together nicely.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • Options
    redz4twredz4tw Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2014
    Just from reading what's posted, i can say warping in a match is inexcusable, Sci abilities aren't spam, deal with them, and adapt. As someone who's looking for a PvP fleet, I've got to say RE just disqualified themselves in my eyes because of the warp out thing. That's worse than cheese.
  • Options
    entrax11entrax11 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    redz4tw wrote: »
    Just from reading what's posted, i can say warping in a match is inexcusable, Sci abilities aren't spam, deal with them, and adapt. As someone who's looking for a PvP fleet, I've got to say RE just disqualified themselves in my eyes because of the warp out thing. That's worse than cheese.

It has already been said, we warped (and will do so in the future) because of their ongoing insults against our fleet for having a setup that uses many heals. We pointed out their "cc" because we had to endure that for 2 years and they never heard a word about it from us. We bring 3 healer and they start rampaging in public forums...thats why they lost any respect (in our eyes) and we just do not want to deal with such people any longer. "Deal with it and adapt"....right, that's exactly what we did....and the best thing, quite a number of other people and even a whole other fleet started to do the exact same thing. It's the internet, but that doesn't mean you get a complimentary ticket for rude, childish and unacceptable behaviour.

I am here for 4 years now....and never have I seen people more full of themselves, especially when there is no reason for them to behave that way in the first place. QEW vs. TSI, Pandas vs. HOBO, Pandas against the world.....there have been a lot of "battles aside of the arena", but all of them have been branded by respect for each other. This one is different and we waited 2 years to even comment about this. What we are doing now is what we decided to do as a fleet and the last thing I need for warping in this case is an excuse.
  • Options
    snoge00fsnoge00f Member Posts: 1,812 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It's ok guys.

We're not Q.Qing about RE anymore.

HOBO are far more interesting to fight than RE anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    entrax11 wrote: »
    It has already been said, we warped (and will do so in the future) because of their ongoing insults against our fleet for having a setup that uses many heals. We pointed out their "cc" because we had to endure that for 2 years and they never heard a word about it from us. We bring 3 healer and they start rampaging in public forums...thats why they lost any respect (in our eyes) and we just do not want to deal with such people any longer. "Deal with it and adapt"....right, that's exactly what we did....and the best thing, quite a number of other people and even a whole other fleet started to do the exact same thing. It's the internet, but that doesn't mean you get a complimentary ticket for rude, childish and unacceptable behaviour.

I am here for 4 years now....and never have I seen people more full of themselves, especially when there is no reason for them to behave that way in the first place. QEW vs. TSI, Pandas vs. HOBO, Pandas against the world.....there have been a lot of "battles aside of the arena", but all of them have been branded by respect for each other. This one is different and we waited 2 years to even comment about this. What we are doing now is what we decided to do as a fleet and the last thing I need for warping in this case is an excuse.
    Awwwww they insulted your set up....you're making me cry.
    If I warped every time someone insulted my build, I'd have about 5 PvP matches to my name. Don't leave, prove that yours is superior!! Unless of course you're afraid because they can beat your set up :P God the babies in this game
  • Options
    entrax11entrax11 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    If I warped every time someone insulted my build, I'd have about 5 PvP matches to my name. Don't leave, prove that yours is superior!! Unless of course you're afraid because they can beat your set up :P God the babies in this game

Your point being? No one cares how you personally handle such things. It's our independant decision, that's all.
  • Options
    antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014

There is a difference between insulting a build though and having to endure attitude for the length of a premade match. Seeing as most matches like that are going to last over an hour. I have no idea what was said by whom. However I don't hold warping like that against anyone. Lets be honest we all play this in our rec time. I wouldn't go out and play squash with someone I couldn't stand, just because they play at the same court. If there is that level of hate perhaps its best they both just stay clear for awhile.lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • Options
    pieeatterpieeatter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Snog come back to us...
    Punish the feds!!!
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    There is a difference between insulting a build though and having to endure attitude for the length of a premade match. Seeing as most matches like that are going to last over an hour. I have no idea what was said by whom. However I don't hold warping like that against anyone. Lets be honest we all play this in our rec time. I wouldn't go out and play squash with someone I couldn't stand, just because they play at the same court. If there is that level of hate perhaps its best they both just stay clear for awhile.lol
    Granted, I don't know what was said, my understanding was it's just the usual trash talk that happens in PvP
  • Options
    grandpadxxgrandpadxx Member Posts: 342
    edited August 2014
    entrax11 wrote: »

Its ok,. i dont want to start a new flame War here but let me say this..

you know, for trubble like this it neets 2 People or in this case 2 Fleets, dont watch only to the other guys what they doing.. watch also to your own Guys.. maybe they did also something wrong. I think both Fleet/Teams do some mistakes.

We dont be angry or someting else.. we relex and ty to start a new one with you Guys. Your Choice to ty the same or even not.. . ;)

greetings
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    T'lilu SCI. / Dxxdavid TAK. / STO Inner Circle
    *** R.I.P. ***
  • Options
    wrraithewrraithe Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Well after a half hour of reading and gasping for air as I laughed over an amazing flame war I say we do another tourney this time only cheese consoles and sci captains. No weapons in any slot let ramming speed and gwells decide the victor lmao.
  • Options
    jjdezjjdez Member Posts: 570 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    wrraithe wrote: »
    Well after a half hour of reading and gasping for air as I laughed over an amazing flame war I say we do another tourney this time only cheese consoles and sci captains. No weapons in any slot let ramming speed and gwells decide the victor lmao.

Don't forget TBR with particle gen trait madness.
  • Options
    sarcasmdetectorsarcasmdetector Member Posts: 1,176 Media Corps
    edited August 2014

I can assure you RE doesn't warp out because of spam/CC. They've never warped out on us in our matches and we bring a lot of what other describe as spam/CC.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    i thought this thread would have died in 3 days max...

guess not :(

Totally didn't achieve what i wanted.....
  • Options
    toofdkaytoofdkay Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So did we find out who has the biggest and bestest Epeen yet ?
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    toofdkay wrote: »
    So did we find out who has the biggest and bestest Epeen yet ?

Got to be the Voth bulwark!