Options

Clash of the current Titans.....

Comments

• Options
    snoge00fsnoge00f Member Posts: 1,812 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    brandonfl wrote: »
    As a matter of fact, I have. Thank you.

What sucks about it? The flight mechanics? I never have heard a decent argument as to why the gameplay sucks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    brandonflbrandonfl Member Posts: 892
    edited August 2014
    snoge00f wrote: »
    What sucks about it? The flight mechanics? I never have heard a decent argument as to why the gameplay sucks.

no tangible sense of movement is my first complaint. Its space combat mechanics are rather generic and didn't offer anything new or innovative that would lead me to believe the rest of the game will be what he promised. It's just lackluster.
    LOLSTO
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    beameddown wrote: »
    I remember that,

so close to getting cryptic more involved in pvp and the pandas sqwabled so bad over rules that cryptic said,

know what? you all are going to act like children so we dont even want to bother now with getting in the middle of all that

its a shame,

a real shame

to think if their was folks with normal egos that would have been involved with that first torny, who knows what sort of pvp revamps we all would have benefited from cryptic after a successful torny

:( ah well, dont have a time machine

again, it had nothing to do with the arguing about the rules and everything to do with Pax's post. It was a personal attack and it pissed Branflakes off. It's that simple, Pax crossed the line.
    LOLSTO
  • Options
    antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Have you even played it? Try it out, it costs about as much as a AAA console game.

The instanced multiplayer is getting more open now. Elite looks interesting, but I'll be getting everything for one fee. Funding keeps increasing too. :D

If you gave CR any money at all you where scammed. Plain and simple. Yes you have got a nice little tech test there to play. Enjoy that.

Truth is CR... has scammed his way into Cloud Imperium a co he started WITH NOTHING AT ALL invested. He has NO investors. He has NO producers. He has no one to repay ever ever ever. What a fantastic scam he has going. Think about it he has pulling north of 50 million in free cash over the last year or so. That isn't investor money. Its FREE cash.

If you honestly repsect that then go ahead and be his sucker.

He is going to stretch that game out for 4-5 years of Development. Every year he will throw some new tech style demo at you to mess around with. The only purpose of which will be to hit some new "stretch" goal on his funding.

If his company was worth anything at all... they would have raised enough to get actual investors interested. Why do that though when people are willing to gift you a 50+ million dollar Co. (remember that is what he claimed day one that if we helped him with start up capital his investors would ride in and get it done... umm hum)

SC is the biggest pay day CR will ever see... after 5 years they will claim development has stalled due to lack of funds... he will then sell Cloud Imperium to some large game house. Because they are often as gullible as regular folk. Then 4 years after that there will be a terrible console version of SC released for PS5. (yes I a can see the future) lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • Options
    skurfskurf Member Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Naz, at this point I think you need to ask yourself why you are here and what exactly it is that you are doing. It was one thing to have the back-and-forth in the forum PvP thread, and I enjoyed playing the role of the arrogant evul baddy. And as seen in that thread, you are actually a half-decent troll. Congrats on that.

But I think that it's time that you take a step back and look at what you have become. It seems the majority of your posts lately are either trolls, insults, threats, or meant to instigate. You created this thread in hopes of calling me out (guess that plan backfired...), but ironically you're not even calling me out to fight against your team, but instead a completely separate team. Who does that? Anyway, like Entrax said, yes HoBOs played RE twice since S9 (once a private match set up a week in advance and once in the finals of the last tourney) and HoBOs won both matches in very hard-fought and intense battles.

Are you done with STO? Then I think it's time you move on from these forums because you are not contributing anything except a general air negativity. Are you coming back? Then by all means stick around. Either way, you're going to do what you want, but I would take a retrospective look at what you have been posting as-of-late and in the future just try to post like the civilized person that you claim to be. Of course, this is just a suggestion, but one that I believe would benefit the entire forums and community as a whole.

Have a nice day.
  • Options
    snoge00fsnoge00f Member Posts: 1,812 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    If you gave CR any money at all you where scammed. Plain and simple. Yes you have got a nice little tech test there to play. Enjoy that.

Truth is CR... has scammed his way into Cloud Imperium a co he started WITH NOTHING AT ALL invested. He has NO investors. He has NO producers. He has no one to repay ever ever ever. What a fantastic scam he has going. Think about it he has pulling north of 50 million in free cash over the last year or so. That isn't investor money. Its FREE cash.

How do you know all of this? I want to see some proof. Because if you are right, and not just trolling. You would expose it and help so many people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    How do you know all of this? I want to see some proof. Because if you are right, and not just trolling. You would expose it and help so many people.

it's true though, he hasn't done anything but sell pixels. There was no investment opportunity and therefore no obligation to pay anyone back. It's in his best interest to stretch it out for as long as people keep giving him money.
    LOLSTO
  • Options
    riyottsariyottsa Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited August 2014

I'm sure you frequent the RSI forums. There is no normal person anywhere to be seen in that cesspit. They're foaming at the mouth for that game. They wouldn't believe any proof if Chris Roberts himself told them it was a scam as he sails away in his fifty million dollar yacht. Even if it does happen, it'll be a terrible few million dollar game as CR sells RSI to some sucker while he retires with millions of dollars of backer money. It'll be comparable to Atari selling STO after they got all the preorder money. Have fun dealing with that again.
  • Options
    naz4naz4 Member Posts: 1,373 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Wow this thread went off on a tangent. More twists and turns than a cheap American day time soap opera.

Summary

I got put back in my box handedly by Entrax and by the way, I get on like a house on fire with him and the guys in RE. Never had a bad word to say about them. We even joked about it in private. Didn't know until later on today something happened with IC and RE. Not really bothered what happened between them. On good terms with both.
    People vented here with passive aggression at each other, pandas got bashed, the Church of CR got violated, Pandas got a bit more bashing. I got called out.

All in all, didn't expect this to fall out when I shook the tree so to speak.

My 2 cents on SC, if you didn't fork out more than a normal game, not much lost. But the guys who forked out major individual finance, I feel for you. Either this guy is taking the masses for a ride, or his project management skills stink. Promising too much too soon and not realising till after what he promised.

At least we do get content with STO even though some of it is blatant money grab. (Most of it lately actually) Crafting revamp = blatant monetization.

Now here's the real million dollar question. If Crytic was to revamp STO PvP, would you be willing to pay for it?

He'll, I know at this point I would if it meant more for pew.
  • Options
    antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Main + I see from the SC junk. Is at least a lot of people are going to realize why game developers have such a hard time finding backers. They may even come to realize why EA and the like push these little studios to get something out. If they didn't it would never happen 99% of the time. If I was investing money it wouldn't likely be in something like a game company. Heck if I will knowingly throw my money away.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • Options
    xtremenoob1xtremenoob1 Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Main + I see from the SC junk. Is at least a lot of people are going to realize why game developers have such a hard time finding backers. They may even come to realize why EA and the like push these little studios to get something out. If they didn't it would never happen 99% of the time. If I was investing money it wouldn't likely be in something like a game company. Heck if I will knowingly throw my money away.

That's the unfortunate part of software development. The ****ty developers that promise the world and make ****. It's surprisingly difficult to find good honest developers. Although my experience in the open source community has always been positive. Some super awesome guys to work with there.

I will hold out hope for SC but the excitement that was there earlier in the year is gone. At this point, if it happens and it's awesome, great. If not, YW CR for the $$$ n00b.
    -X-/Pandas - Pheo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    riyottsa wrote: »
    I'm sure you frequent the RSI forums. There is no normal person anywhere to be seen in that cesspit. They're foaming at the mouth for that game. They wouldn't believe any proof if Chris Roberts himself told them it was a scam as he sails away in his fifty million dollar yacht. Even if it does happen, it'll be a terrible few million dollar game as CR sells RSI to some sucker while he retires with millions of dollars of backer money. It'll be comparable to Atari selling STO after they got all the preorder money. Have fun dealing with that again.

I certainly tried to enjoy a bit of time on those forums months ago but damn do those people not want to make a bit of joking around. Ya'll know how I am. I know everyone's opinions are different of me here, but sheesh the people on the SC forums are uptight.

I admit, while I've not put anything towards it, I do hope SC does well and all this 'delay time' really does pay out in the end, all that 50 million bucks turns into a game that rocks the socks off of the entire game industry.

But it is also a very lofty goal indeed.

Anyways, carry on with the forum PvP.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    cody0893cody0893 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have watch a friend in kerrat kill 2 and 3 hobo's at a time. This friend is allso my fleet leader. He lives in kerrat, and he has some of the best sci builds in the game in my opion. I even heard hobo's call him o.p. in his wells. Point is they may have resources and a quality team but they are far from the best. To even assume that they are the best team is flawed when i now several teams that tried to join the tournament and was turned away. But oh well point is the best of pvp is in kerrat. There you will see the skilled tanking out 4 to set up the kill shot. They dont need a team.
    But I have allot love n respec for the 1v1 players of the game thou extreme they are allways the best challenge.
    They killed your Alt's now they want your main
  • Options
    torachtorach Member Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    "We be tha best!"

"Oh noes, WE be tha best!"

f*** this **i*. We need leaderboards.
    "Better were the days when mastery o' space came not from bargains struck with eldritch creatures... but from the sweat of a man's brow and the strength of his back alone. Ye all know thi's to be true!"
  • Options
    mindsharpmindsharp Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    cody0893 wrote: »
    I have watch a friend in kerrat kill 2 and 3 hobo's at a time. This friend is allso my fleet leader. He lives in kerrat, and he has some of the best sci builds in the game in my opion. I even heard hobo's call him o.p. in his wells. Point is they may have resources and a quality team but they are far from the best. To even assume that they are the best team is flawed when i now several teams that tried to join the tournament and was turned away. But oh well point is the best of pvp is in kerrat. There you will see the skilled tanking out 4 to set up the kill shot. They dont need a team.
    But I have allot love n respec for the 1v1 players of the game thou extreme they are allways the best challenge.

Jesus, would you just bring your team to challenge HoBO already? Or maybe one of those mystery teams that were turned away from the tourney? May I ask which teams those were because as far as I know every team that signed up played.

All you seem to do is come in and say you or someone else has killed 2 or 3 HoBOs and then claim that as some sort of victory.

Classic Scrublord talk.
    Karrock/Karreck/Darth Karrock/Unspoken
    House of Beautiful Orions
    PUNISH THE FEDs
  • Options
    blahhdreyblahhdrey Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    tinnytimps wrote: »

I feel like this bears repeating. :cool:
    dEpN3nB.png?1
  • Options
    therealmttherealmt Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The more i watch these SC community shows the more I throw up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    xtremenoob1xtremenoob1 Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    mindsharp wrote: »
    Jesus, would you just bring your team to challenge HoBO already? Or maybe one of those mystery teams that were turned away from the tourney? May I ask which teams those were because as far as I know every team that signed up played.

All you seem to do is come in and say you or someone else has killed 2 or 3 HoBOs and then claim that as some sort of victory.

Classic Scrublord talk.

Pandas were excluded from a tourney on BS claims in a NO BS tourney (a tourney format created by Pandas.) Lag was then removed when a few of the guys who had toons there participated in the same tourney. There is two.
    -X-/Pandas - Pheo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bewbsandbuttsbewbsandbutts Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    brandonfl wrote: »
    again, it had nothing to do with the arguing about the rules and everything to do with Pax's post. It was a personal attack and it pissed Branflakes off. It's that simple, Pax crossed the line.

You mean This?
  • Options
    naz4naz4 Member Posts: 1,373 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    edalgo wrote: »
    Since majority of Pandas don't play anymore perhaps (longshot) the Devs can do something to add content to PvP

Just realised, your avatar is Momra from Thundercats....
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    naz4 wrote: »
    Just realised, your avatar is Momra from Thundercats....

It's 'Mumm-ra'.

But lol, 'mom-ra', his nagging old hag of a mother constantly bothering him. :P
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    realminirealmini Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yes it's MumRa!

And that argument has haunted PvP development ever since.

Like I said I was at the meeting to review the rules for that tourney and the overwhelming majority of fleet leaders agreed to it. Pax was only 1 voice in the choir. Objections were addressed and without drama the rules were drawn.

It was a true travesty so few ruined it for the vast majority who came together and in true Star Trek fashion put aside their differences for a fair and friendly competition.

Looking back on that meeting it gave me the best positive view of the STO PvP Community.

The outcome of all the drama alienated the only Dev who at that time wanted to develop and expand PvP in STO.

The travesty is that nadion torp should have been allodwe but pandas extends lock would fail so they lobbied against it. Thats why all tournaments rules are bs and u wont see me clamouring to sign up for them. In kerrat u will die. Bring ur tdf bring ur locbox bring the pain. No rules. Only punish the feds
  • Options
    realminirealmini Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    PSW was still allowed.

For the Classic tournament we were trying to eliminate as many clickable consoles as possible. As close to S2 pvp before the next season introduced a whole new game play.

Plenty of boff n captain powers surpass best clickies. Cough snb. But i digress. The pandas are not and were never innocent of wrongdoing. Ergo they must be punished. Iike all two face diplomats
  • Options
    tmghost999tmghost999 Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Pandas were excluded from a tourney on BS claims in a NO BS tourney (a tourney format created by Pandas.) Lag was then removed when a few of the guys who had toons there participated in the same tourney. There is two.

^^ this.... ^^

Before that specific tournament, the No BS tourneys were the best around. They made PVP a fun thing to do.
  • Options
    mindsharpmindsharp Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Yes I know, I participated in that tourney as well. But I was referring to the last two, which is what I assumed that person was referring to since there was a bit of a gap between them and the NoBS tourneys. I should have clarified.
    Karrock/Karreck/Darth Karrock/Unspoken
    House of Beautiful Orions
    PUNISH THE FEDs