Install Arc
Options

Intrepid Interior

Comments

• Options
    lunastolunasto Member Posts: 774 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    gurluas wrote: »
    If it's done in the same quality as the Defiant interior and contains a Trophy room I'm satisfied :)

I wish they would add a trophy room to my D'kora bridge. Or at least place I can decorate with my Latinum trophy's.

I know, a vault! The D'kora class needs a Latinum vault for all of my riches, like Uncle Scrooge had for his gold in Duck Tales!! That would be so cool!
    Lightningdealwithit.gifNew Lunar Republic
    "Where monsters rampage, I'm there to take them down! Where treasure glitters, I'm there to claim it! Where an enemy rises to face me, victory will be mine!" -Lina Inverse
  • Options
    captsolcaptsol Member Posts: 921 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    All we need now is a Galaxy interior and a Sovereign interior and we should be golden. :D
  • Options
    arrmateysarrmateys Member Posts: 466 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    standard/sleek/utility/future sets as i said. not origin. the one where boffs float over their chairs.

the viewscreen on that one seems much more alive than most others. might be because of those barely visible interference lines moving up on it.

now that i think about it, the blinking stars were probably simulated with that effect. i had my screen set to dark enough that i didn't see the effect fully other than on the edges by the blue outline things.
    Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the cr​ap out of me.
    We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
    We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    captsol wrote: »
    All we need now is a Galaxy interior and a Sovereign interior and we should be golden. :D

You're forgetting the various canonical Consitution Sets, the Excelsior Set, a properly done Prometheus bridge........ :P
  • Options
    kagasenseikagasensei Member Posts: 526 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    captsol wrote: »

Although already looking pretty good, the Defiant interior could use some touch-up wrt LCARS textures.

Also, we need a credible Klingon interior, size-wise comparable to the Romulan, Defiant and TOS Connie interiors.

We should also not forget about a Connie-refit and NX-class interior, although their usage in STO would be rather limited.

And then DS9 needs a major revamp ;)

THEN we are golden wrt to canon interiors :p
  • Options
    neotrident12neotrident12 Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I am not sure if it has been asked but is it possible to separate the bridge from the interior?

We have three size options for our ship interior that can change engineering, rec deck ect, could Intrepid be an additional interior option so that we can make use of its awesomeness with other bridges?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    neotrident12neotrident12 Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I am not sure if it has been asked but is it possible to separate the bridge from the interior?

We have three size options for our ship interior that can change engineering, rec deck ect, could Intrepid be an additional interior option so that we can make use of its awesomeness with other bridges?

Bump

/10chars
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    carlosbflycarlosbfly Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm surprised we've heard no more on this. Can we not expect the interior to be available upon DR launch? Which would be a real shame.
  • Options
    jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    carlosbfly wrote: »
    I'm surprised we've heard no more on this. Can we not expect the interior to be available upon DR launch? Which would be a real shame.

grammar is good, its already implemented on tribble in the missions, i would count on it being available
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited October 2014

I completely support this proposal! I'd also love to enjoy a proper TNG era interior set like the Voyager one they've made, but using the VOY bridge on a ship that is not Intrepid would be weird to me. But having the interior set and having the choice to use any of the bridges I already have access to would be awesome.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    valoreah wrote: »
    I would count on it as well. I'll bet 100 quatloos there will be a "Voyager Bundle" (similar to the DS9 bundle) in the C-Store which would include the Intrepid Interior.

Oh Lord, I hope not. I hope after all the work they've put into a huge new interior, they let people buy it on its own. I'm not spending $20 or whatever just to get an interior.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    But... you wouldn't be getting just an interior for that $20... it would no doubt come with other things, like a DOFF pack, costumes, non-combat pet etc.

Oh yeah, no, of course. And all that stuff is good. But the main thing will be getting an Intrepid ship, right? I suspect a lot of people will honestly just want the interior rather than a ship pack that exclusively comes with it.

I'd really like to see this interior sell well, if only because it will encourage Cryptic to do one or two more at some stage. The easier/cheaper it is for the average person to buy, the better.
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,973 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Oh yeah, no, of course. And all that stuff is good. But the main thing will be getting an Intrepid ship, right? I suspect a lot of people will honestly just want the interior rather than a ship pack that exclusively comes with it.

Count me in that group. The T5 intrepid for me isn't something that I'd ever consider using. After all, i have a vesta. However the voyager interior would see use on EVERY [possible] SHIP I OWN because it replaces the god-awful default interior sets we have now (minus some c-store bridges).

At a stroke it gives people the option for a mid-sized FED interior map on part with what the RR got several seasons ago. Even though its very much a period interior, its generic enough (unlike the defaint) to work well for any sovereign, tempest, vesta, and so on.

I'd love to have the option to buy this separately, otherwise it probably won't happen (because there's plenty of other ships coming out that I'd prioritize over a voyager bundle.)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    $20 for a bundle that includes some costumes, pets, DOFF packs and an interior seems inexpensive to me.

It does but for a bit more you could buy a T6 ship, which is immediately more desirable to tackle the new season with. IMO Voyager afficianados have plenty of opportunities to kit themselves out with the individual VOY items currently on the c-store. The only thing we all really lack is the interior.

Now for those VOY fans who've probably already bought everything of interest over the years (including everything up to a T5 intrepid) does it make much sense to hold the interior pack as a bundled exclusive? No, and I doubt that with everything else shipping with DR (including new ships, costumes, weapons, and so on) that there's a whole lot of extra time and manpower to dedicate to making new VOY exclusive costumes, weapons, and so on (and there's not much left to consider, the compression phaser rifle, EMH mk 1 doff, and Voy uniform are out) just to fill out a minor bundle. That leaves a very narrow market and even with a reasonable price tag I doubt it would sell well at all.

The sensible option is to add the voy interior as a separate C-store item.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited October 2014

The DS9 bundle didn't come with a Defiant-class ship, but it still came with the Belfast (canon Defiant) interior.

I'm not expecting a ship to be included in whatever bundle the Intrepid interior comes in.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    (and there's not much left to consider, the compression phaser rifle, EMH mk 1 doff, and Voy uniform are out)

I don't recall the compression phaser rifle ever coming out. Is it on Tribble?

Just some brainstorming of potential items for a Voyager pack:

* Compression phaser rifle
    * EMH Mk 1 bridge officer (who knows?)
    * Assorted Voyager/Delta Quadrant inspired doffs (Talaxian Chef? Ocampan Botanist? Liberated Borg Astrometrics Scientist?)
    * Provisional rank pips for costumes
    * B'Elanna's overcoat
    * Excursion uniform
    * Training uniform
    * The Aeroshuttle
    * Class 2 shuttle

Really, there's no shortage of Voyager goodies they could come up with.
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Bundles are to attract new customer sales.

My point though is that's stupid. People who already have the exsting items that could be bundled are demonstrably the same people who would most appreciate a voyager interior, and those that haven't bothered with VOY content are those who are demonstrably least interested in the capstone of Voyager memorabilia. Why cut the most willing consumers out of the market just to keep to the apparently flacid precedent the old Defiant bundle set?

And lets not forget that unlike the old defiant set a $20 voyager costume, weapon, and interior bundle is going to have to compete against a considerable amount of new c-store costumes, officers, and upgrades (see. individual DR bundle content.) Regardless of how reasonable the bundle price may be on its own the situation in no way calling for it. A stand alone interior would compliment the other content coming with DR. A bundle would, in some respect, detract from it (by limiting in those who buy it the money that could be spent on new content, some of which directly features into new gameplay mechanics.)
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    My point though is that's stupid. People who already have the exsting items that could be bundled are demonstrably the same people who would most appreciate a voyager interior, and those that haven't bothered with VOY content are those who are least interested. Why cut the most willing consumers out of the market just to keep to the apparently flacid precedent the old Defiant bundle set?

You seem to be making a lot of assumptions.

You assume the bundle will include perviously released items, and/or that the items in the bundle will be available separately.

You assume Cryptic has reason to care about whether stuff in their store "competes" with the other stuff in their store - they get the money either way, so why is it a concern?

You assume the DS9 bundle didn't sell well - do you have any evidence that that's true?
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    jeffel82 wrote: »
    Really, there's no shortage of Voyager goodies they could come up with.

Whose going to make it? You saw those Kobali uniforms in the last blog. With talaxians, octani, heirarchy, kazon, [redacted], and so on the character artists have been quite busy working on more generalized content for DR. Even if only one of those species' threads ends up as a c-store release, the fact of the matter is that with a major expansion its very unreasonable to expect a developer (any developer) to set time aside to make exclusives for an invariably low demand bundle (see. again the Defiant bundle) that equips the most dedicated with content that is [whatever way you look at it] taking the place of something else that could have been developed either for more c-store items or for a richer aesthetic in-game.

They could make a Voyager bundle (including those less iconic items from the show which haven't already made it to the game) but it would be an expensive option that provides only a niche market c-store hulk.

On the other hand though if you just release the bridge cryptic doesn't obligate themselves to producing still more content just to satisfy the form of a questionable c-store pack format (especially now).
  • Options
    admiralcarteradmiralcarter Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Link please. I'll believe the Defiant bundle was low demand when I can see the sales figures for it.

He didnt buy it. If that isnt low demand for you then I dont know :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Star Trek Online Intro HD [3rd Fleet Anniversary]

• Options
    edited October 2014
    It's not stupid, it's smart business to create products that attract NEW customers. That's how businesses grow.

You mean like the 9 new T6 ships, talaxian uniforms, intel boffs, Delta Quadrant Doffs, T5-U upgrades, and so on? And that still doesn't get around the fact that a stand alone interior is definiably still attracting new customers in being a new item with broader appeal than STO mechanics. The point is that unlike a bundle that re-uses old Voy items, a voyager interior stand-alone is not ONLY attracting new customers (its also providng something desirable to existing customers which is a very important thing for business to do, mind you.)
    You have no clue how well the Defiant bundle sold, so to call it a "flacid precedent" is your own personal speculation.

How many people during the shuttle event used the exclusive tug contained with the Defiant bundle? No I don't have the figures but looking at how little that content shows up in public (especially compared to individual c-store costumes, ships, and so on) its not hard to make a reasonable guess.
    Historically, ship bridge packs/interiors alone did not sell well. Bundling them with other products like DOFF packs, costumes, pets and other goodies made sales.
    Actually by the same token that I can't make a firm proclamation on the sales of the defiant bundle you can't either (and unlike in my case I doubt there's any circumstantial evidence to inform that hypocritical guess on your part about encouraging sales figures.)

Anyway, as for those old bridge packs not one provided a full ship interior nor interior content at this standard of quality. There actually isn't a precedent for an item like this except for what was retained in the TOS and Defiant bundles. It may be easy for you to simply follow along the path set by previous marketing exercises, but there are OTHER options too (though they may be new and scarey.)

If you want the interior, suck it up and buy the bundle.

Good marketing yes? No, I actually don't think they'll go with this rather dim tag-line to sell anything in DR.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Link please. I'll believe the Defiant bundle was low demand when I can see the sales figures for it.

He's repeating his talking points constantly...what more evidence could you possibly want? :P
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    How many people during the shuttle event used the exclusive contained with the Defiant bundle? No I don't have the figures but looking at how little that content shows up in public (especially compared to individual c-store costumes, ships, and so on) its not hard to make a reasonable guess.

That's true. All players use all C-Store items they've ever purchased, all the time. Great point. Spot on.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    jeffel82 wrote: »
    That's true. All players use all C-Store items they've ever purchased, all the time. Great point. Spot on.

No, but people tend to use the items they buy more frequently than those they don't own. While we can't assume that every player without vedek robes on at this moment DOESN'T own the defiant bundle, we can't assume without direct visual evidence that there is ANY significant group of players out there that does. Ergo, until proven otherwise by the frequent use of defiant bundle content the safe assumption is on lower sales than higher (because what we can observe matches up with what we would expect given that hypothetical situation.)

This is what we call reasonablity. Try it sometime.