What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Invisible weapons bug since Season 9

Comments

• Options
    policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    how about options to disable some effects like your team's effects .The effects will still be there but invisible on player side.For example i dont need to see when my team is using grav wells or ewp since those powers dont affect me nor I need to counter them.

How about just getting rid of all special effects?? that will for sure fix the entire problem. Of course it will not look like a space figthing game anymore, since you will see no effects at all. But that doesnt seem to worry the players, as i see.

And you need to play more STO. Your team's effects are as important as yours, you probably never played a teamed game in STO in your life.

And again, its not about getting rid of some effects or others, for god sake. This game is 5 years old. And you telling me that i cant enjoy it at maximum settings, because i have a computer that allows me to do that, only because the game engine is so obsolete that it will not show some graphics? it makes no sense.

This is getting annoying and its throwing me away from the way at little steps. Other issue -> like everybody else, when i go to the dyson battlezone or the undine space battlezone, i need to lower my graphic effects options to medium-low. I cant accept this. And when i leave that zone, i need to switch the graphics effects to high again because I WANT TO SEE MY ENGINE TRAILS. If you keep the graphic effects on medium / low, your ship engine trails dissapear completely.

I will agree that if this game was released a few months ago or even 1 year ago, lowering some graphic options will be more reasonable than now. But for a game with 5 years old, its stupid. And for a game of this sort, that seeing your weapons firing in space is a really important thing (as well as my teammates weapons), sorry but this is not acceptable. I really hope that by the next expansion this is fixed, or i will definitely stop playing this. I already have some games in my mind, and i am ready to get rid of this dumb game for good.
  • Options
    notrealednanotrealedna Member Posts: 1,028
    edited August 2014
    craig76 wrote: »
    let me explain the word "stupid" because you clearly are not fit to understand basic words like that......now, how do you like me being smart back? Dont like it? dont do it to me then!

why dont we have an option to turn off all effects and graphics then? ohhhh wait a second, that would mean no game. Also, people like you would forget you turned them off an start cryin everyone is leeching

Also, with what you said, it does affect you cause you gotta know whats going on onscreen. You gotta know when enemies are firing at you, you cant simply just seperate enemies fire thats directed at you or its directed at someone else. With what you stated, is stupid. It would take heaps of re-programming to even gives us that option where you will see enemies firing at you but not at everyone else.
    And even if they did give us that stupid option, it isn't going to fix the problem at hand now is it? no

Furthermore, it was working fine before S9 release, thus, your idea, is stupid, look the word up and then write it down 100 times troll

I was trying to be civil about it and stating a fact which is true, but, you can go take a long walk off a short cliff for all i care now troll

so insult and troll is the only thing you can do?
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    How about just getting rid of all special effects?? that will for sure fix the entire problem. Of course it will not look like a space figthing game anymore, since you will see no effects at all. But that doesnt seem to worry the players, as i see.

And you need to play more STO. Your team's effects are as important as yours, you probably never played a teamed game in STO in your life.

And again, its not about getting rid of some effects or others, for god sake. This game is 5 years old. And you telling me that i cant enjoy it at maximum settings, because i have a computer that allows me to do that, only because the game engine is so obsolete that it will not show some graphics? it makes no sense.

This is getting annoying and its throwing me away from the way at little steps. Other issue -> like everybody else, when i go to the dyson battlezone or the undine space battlezone, i need to lower my graphic effects options to medium-low. I cant accept this. And when i leave that zone, i need to switch the graphics effects to high again because I WANT TO SEE MY ENGINE TRAILS. If you keep the graphic effects on medium / low, your ship engine trails dissapear completely.

I will agree that if this game was released a few months ago or even 1 year ago, lowering some graphic options will be more reasonable than now. But for a game with 5 years old, its stupid. And for a game of this sort, that seeing your weapons firing in space is a really important thing (as well as my teammates weapons), sorry but this is not acceptable. I really hope that by the next expansion this is fixed, or i will definitely stop playing this. I already have some games in my mind, and i am ready to get rid of this dumb game for good.

how about reading?Go to school if you cant do it ...less games and more school would be nice.

what is so hard to undestand .....Option to turn off particle effects for your team.It wont do anything to your Pve TRIBBLE and it will fix the game for those who pvp till they "change the game engine" because i see there are "people" who think they will change the game engine in a game (thats remake the game) just for particle effects.

Option <<<<< read the damn word

your team effects are = to zero when you have buff/debuff icons.But you pve people can only troll and QQ without even understanding how the game even work.

now go back to killing borgs with your invisible plasma ...because guess what ,with or without a option to turn it off for your team it will still be OFF for everyone .

Disabling game effects is not "Lowering graphics" ....its disabling particle effects that are not needed.You are not affected by 30000 grav wells your team mates is spamming so you dont need to see the whole 30000 grav wells thus you can disable them since that power wont affect you.

How are you people even able to turn on your pc if you cant understand basic stuffs as "option" ?

I want to see the plasma spammed by the enemy team not by my team.Your broken boring pve is not important.
  • Options
    craig76craig76 Member Posts: 775 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    so insult and troll is the only thing you can do?

dude, you were the one that started the insults and trolling.

you said and i quote " let me explain you what it means "Option" because you clearly are not fit to understand basic words as that "

was there any need for that insult?

or this?

" now go study more the dictionary and write 100 times "option" "

all i said was basically the same thing you said to me, i guess you dont like it when it comes back at you do you? If not, dont do it to others, simple!
    I believe God created the universe, because he knew we wanted to explore. So, he made us a playground...
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    how about reading?Go to school if you cant do it ...less games and more school would be nice.

what is so hard to undestand .....Option to turn off particle effects for your team.It wont do anything to your Pve TRIBBLE and it will fix the game for those who pvp till they "change the game engine" because i see there are "people" who think they will change the game engine in a game (thats remake the game) just for particle effects.

Option <<<<< read the damn word

your team effects are = to zero when you have buff/debuff icons.But you pve people can only troll and QQ without even understanding how the game even work.

now go back to killing borgs with your invisible plasma ...because guess what ,with or without a option to turn it off for your team it will still be OFF for everyone .

Disabling game effects is not "Lowering graphics" ....its disabling particle effects that are not needed.You are not affected by 30000 grav wells your team mates is spamming so you dont need to see the whole 30000 grav wells thus you can disable them since that power wont affect you.

How are you people even able to turn on your pc if you cant understand basic stuffs as "option" ?

I want to see the plasma spammed by the enemy team not by my team.Your broken boring pve is not important.

point made, not only are you a troll and throwing insults around to everyone including majority of players who do pve's, (which im sure you have done some for reps or whatever, so, its kinda funny how you troll yourself :P), in the forums, but you are arrogant, just look at the gibbersh you have written here.......take a step back pal, and breathe. Lack of oxygen is gettin to you me thinks :P

I understand what options are, and it is a stupid one at that.....like you......you like being insulted? stop doing it others if you dont. Be civil man, or is that to hard to do?
    I believe God created the universe, because he knew we wanted to explore. So, he made us a playground...
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    dude, you were the one that started the insults and trolling.

you said and i quote " let me explain you what it means "Option" because you clearly are not fit to understand basic words as that "

was there any need for that insult?

or this?

" now go study more the dictionary and write 100 times "option" "

all i said was basically the same thing you said to me, i guess you dont like it when it comes back at you do you? If not, dont do it to others, simple!

that is not an insult....that is the obvious since you >cant't< understand what that means for you or for the game.To know what it means you have to go to read the definition in a dictionary.Since when not knowing what a word means is a insult?I dont know many words but I dont insult anyone when I don't understand them.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    point made, not only are you a troll and throwing insults around to everyone in the forums, but you are arrogant, just look at the gibbersh you have written here.......take a step back pal, and breathe. Lack of oxygen is gettin to you me thinks :P

I understand what options are, and it is a stupid one at that.....like you......you like being insulted? stop doing it others if you dont. Be civil man, or is that to hard to do?

clearly you are only trying to start a flame war and just troll.

btw proof that my what I thought was right.

http://1drv.ms/1pTMqeY

sorry for wasting my time replying to you.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    that is not an insult....that is the obvious since you >cant't< understand what that means for you or for the game.To know what it means you have to go to read the definition in a dictionary.Since when not knowing what a word means is a insult?I dont know many words but I dont insult anyone when I don't understand them.

naaaa, you werent trolling at all or giving me attitude when you said those things, were you? of course not, you're just a perfect angel arent you? yeahhhh right :P
    correction, i DO know what option is, and you are insulting me by saying i dont. Do you know me personally? NO, so stop acting like you do. Do i go around saying you dont know what >stupid< means? NO again, why? because i dont know you.....
    You ARE trolling and tryin to create the flame war yourself, but guess what chum? Im gonna be the bigger man here and let you go an say whatever rubbish you want to say about me
    have a nice day, enjoy your flame fest on your own
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    clearly you are only trying to start a flame war and just troll.

btw proof that my what I thought was right.

http://1drv.ms/1pTMqeY

sorry for wasting my time replying to you.

LOL proves nothin

you just cant handle it when you get exactly the same treatment back as you give others. You gave me attitude, and i said exactly the same thing back to you, except i changed the word "option" for "stupid" because it is a stupid idea. But you cry im trolling and flaming when you said those things first? LOL whatever mate, see ya lol
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    still no fix for this, this should be top priority :(
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • Options
    philosopherephilosophere Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Frost did say this would not be an easy fix, so I believe patience will be a needed virtue here. :)

On a side note, can everyone please take a calm pill???

All this flaming is a quick way to get this thread closed, and could scare off other posters from leaving their comments here. It took us a long time to finally get some traction/attention from a Dev, so let's not blow it.

We are all p**sed about the graphics issues, but it serves no purpose to bash each other over the head with it. :o
    Are we there yet?
  • Options
    darpinkdarpink Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Wrong! Top priority is fixing FED female outfit clipping issues and adding more content.
  • Options
    nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited August 2014

All this flaming is a quick way to get this thread closed, and could scare off other posters from leaving their comments here. It took us a long time to finally get some traction/attention from a Dev, so let's not blow it.

We are all p**sed about the graphics issues, but it serves no purpose to bash each other over the head with it. :o

Well said.
    server_hamster6.png
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    darpink wrote: »
    Wrong! Top priority is fixing FED female outfit clipping issues and adding more content.

lol too funny
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Frost did say this would not be an easy fix, so I believe patience will be a needed virtue here. :)

like i said to to whatever his name is that started it, im bein the bigger man an walkin away from it, if he replies to me again with same snotty attitude he came to me with, i aint givin him the satisfaction of a bite back. As the sayin goes, dont feed the trolls lol

On to your first comment, i know frost said that, im being patient, i just want my effects back is all, all those lightshows, its like xmas every day lol. Has me baffled why anyone would want to turn those effects off for to begin with actually, looks pretty awesome when you are in a 10+ crowd an all those effects are happening.
    But anyway, i was just sayin no fix yet, nothin to be taken from it :)
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2014

while trolls wait for fix I want a option like in all other mmos to disable those effects for my team thus to control the amount of particles and see the effects which are important for gameplay .
  • Options
    edited August 2014

I think you obviously are the kid here. But i dunno how many times we will say this. Its not about having an option or not. Thats not the issue. But you know what, i dont care. Nevermind. Im tired of this. lol. :D

I tell you again. NOBODY WANTS to not be able to see their teammates effects. How the hell do you know you actually healing your teammate? or how the hell do you know what tactics are using your teammates?? if you cant see any weapon firing? or how the hell do you know if someone is firing at you torps, or watever? how do you know what tactic to perform?

My guess is, that your only style of play is.. to push the fire button constantly, no matter what, meaning, a 10 years old kid playing STO. That is what you are saying, sorry.
  • Options
    edited August 2014

Do you realize that there is no "fix" for this, right?? that the only fix will be to re-vamp the entire game engine??

Im not asking for fixing this, because thats not possible. What i am asking for is, that cryptic realize that they cant keep releasing content without worrying about other things first, and they cant release X2 without even adressing this issue. Thats my concern. I know the game engine will not be revamped ever (too much money and efforts), so i only want the company behind the game to behave thinking straight, not avoiding everything around. Thats my only request. If you can't drive a car because there are no wheels, for god sake, put the wheels first before you push the pedal, right??. Sigh.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    like i said to to whatever his name is that started it, im bein the bigger man an walkin away from it, if he replies to me again with same snotty attitude he came to me with, i aint givin him the satisfaction of a bite back. As the sayin goes, dont feed the trolls lol

On to your first comment, i know frost said that, im being patient, i just want my effects back is all, all those lightshows, its like xmas every day lol. Has me baffled why anyone would want to turn those effects off for to begin with actually, looks pretty awesome when you are in a 10+ crowd an all those effects are happening.
    But anyway, i was just sayin no fix yet, nothin to be taken from it :)
    while trolls wait for fix I want a option like in all other mmos to disable those effects for my team thus to control the amount of particles and see the effects which are important for gameplay .

As I believe Craig pointed out in a previous reply, turning off some effects could leave other team members believing that leeching is occurring, which is a valid point.

Notrealedna correctly pointed out that 10km trails (say warp) are not a priority display item during a battle.

So you are both right.

More than likely the current engine cannot just switch off specific effects. Hopefully as I've seen suggested somewhere amongst the numerous threads/post regarding this issue, that some programmer is better optimising the current engine, cause from what I read, a completely new engine would be a very tall order....:confused:
    Are we there yet?
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I think you obviously are the kid here. But i dunno how many times we will say this. Its not about having an option or not. Thats not the issue. But you know what, i dont care. Nevermind. Im tired of this. lol. :D

I tell you again. NOBODY WANTS to not be able to see their teammates effects. How the hell do you know you actually healing your teammate? or how the hell do you know what tactics are using your teammates?? if you cant see any weapon firing? or how the hell do you know if someone is firing at you torps, or watever? how do you know what tactic to perform?

My guess is, that your only style of play is.. to push the fire button constantly, no matter what, meaning, a 10 years old kid playing STO. That is what you are saying, sorry.

Notrealedna does have a valid point Policestate. Some effects (ie warp trails) while immersive are hardly important during the heat of battle.

And you are correct that we do want to see everything, but this obviously not possible (at least to us) with the engine in its' current state.

I too hope that the Dev's know whats going on and will take steps to make this better for all.

Now again, lets calm down, it is just a game we are all obviously passionate about, and everyones suggestions/comments are welcome, unless they are directed at another poster.....:o
    Are we there yet?
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    As I believe Craig pointed out in a previous reply, turning off some effects could leave other team members believing that leeching is occurring, which is a valid point.

Notrealedna correctly pointed out that 10km trails (say warp) are not a priority display item during a battle.

So you are both right.

More than likely the current engine cannot just switch off specific effects. Hopefully as I've seen suggested somewhere amongst the numerous threads/post regarding this issue, that some programmer is better optimising the current engine, cause from what I read, a completely new engine would be a very tall order....:confused:

how about turning on "learning the game and following the buff icons" ?

i dont get why people who dont know how the game works even post here.Game effects are just eye candy ...no role at all .You have buff/debuff icons for every power in game...all players who play the game (not troll and insult people on the forums) use them to know what happens around them.

any game effect if is generated by your team has no role in pvp .I dont play pve so I dont care what happens there ....in pvp using broken invisible stuffs are already used as a tactic .There is no way to counter that because there is no option <<<( notice option again ) to turn off your team's plasma ,theta ,grav wells ,DoTs ,tyken rifts ,faw ,tetryon ,pet spam,fleet support ,nimbus ....and the list goes on.There is absoluty no reason for me to see all that....I dont interact with that and everything affected by that has debuff icons .

Also if you people expect they will change the game engine all I can say is LOL. Im sure this will be the first game in the history of games to change the game engine through update .

Now the option (see the word keeps reappearing) to turn off your team's effects is normal ,easier to implement than "change game engine" and a standard for all mmos.
  • Options
    edited August 2014

So, because i said the exact same thing as you, im the troll, but you are not?? grow a brain bud and grow up
    And because someones opinion differs from yours, that makes them troll too does it? lol you're a classic .....
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2014

i dont get why people who dont know how the game works even post here.Game effects are just eye candy ...no role at all .You have buff/debuff icons for every power in game...all players who play the game (not troll and insult people on the forums) use them to know what happens around them.

any game effect if is generated by your team has no role in pvp .I dont play pve so I dont care what happens there ....in pvp using broken invisible stuffs are already used as a tactic .There is no way to counter that because there is no option <<<( notice option again ) to turn off your team's plasma ,theta ,grav wells ,DoTs ,tyken rifts ,faw ,tetryon ,pet spam,fleet support ,nimbus ....and the list goes on.There is absoluty no reason for me to see all that....I dont interact with that and everything affected by that has debuff icons .

Also if you people expect they will change the game engine all I can say is LOL. Im sure this will be the first game in the history of games to change the game engine through update .

Now the option (see the word keeps reappearing) to turn off your team's effects is normal ,easier to implement than "change game engine" and a standard for all mmos.

I firstly want congratulate you on having learned a skill/language that some have not, nor desire to for right or wrong. It is necessary as you described in your reply, and anyone not doing so would indeed be a fool.

But you must realize that many enjoy and need the eye candy to be competitive and a contributing member to team play. I think of it this way, your mate does not need to be pretty/handsome... be it doesn't hurt either. :D

As for the engine, we are still waiting to hear back from the Devs.... so as far as I'm concerned nothing is off the table at this point.

Lets's all hope it's a big table and that PW/Cryptic are sitting at it...
    Are we there yet?
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    having an option might be all well and fine for people like whatshisname who dont care about effects and how it is breaking the game. But, my point to all this has been it is not going to fix the problem at hand. It is merely putting make up on to cover the problem, but even then, its not going to do that, because the issue will continue to worsen as time goes on and more content is added to the game.
    Ive already experienced seeing my toon in ground battle vanish off screen while still seeing weapons fire from him even tho he aint there.
    Whats next? ships vanishing? planets? stars? other players ships? Guess whatshisname wont mind if all that vanishes cause he dont like effects anyway, which im sorry to say, but everything in the game is part of effects
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Alrighty how about we quit with calling people names, calling them kids and what not?

Kthx. And PS - don't just bump a thread it's against the rules.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yeah since about season 9.

I have only noticed it in the Crystalline Entity event in the PVE queues though. Since then, while in that mission the graphics display for various things like weapons fire, the shield indicators surrounding my ship, high yield torpedoes, special console abilities, etc., will become invisible and stay that way for most of the fight. Sometimes they just go invisible and come back off and on every few seconds. With the Crystalline Cataclysm event the issue is much much worse. I have to keep looking at the HUD to see if my weapons set to auto attack are actually firing. They are but I'm not seeing the graphics for it.

I had played Infected Space: the conduit recently but didn't notice this issue, or anywhere else in the game such as doing story episodes. So far it still seems to be the CE event only for me. It makes it really when I'm using the Romulan Hyper Plasma Torpedo launcher and the slow moving torps are invisible and suddenly I'm taking severe damage. It took me a few minutes to realize I needed to launch them while being further from the enemy because they were being blown up in my face right after they launch and being too close when they explode causes you to take damage.

I run the game with my graphics settings on high.

Side Note: Ever since the Undine Space battlezone in the Dyson Sphere was released, I have had severe graphics lag there. The more players and enemies on screen, the worse it gets. I have to stop moving and just sit there while attacking because when moving there is severe stutter in the game. Because of this I only go there once in a while to stock up on marks and I only do 1 run of the event. I try to avoid that place as much as possible. (I do like the event, but the graphics stutter is really annoying) :(
  • Options
    edited August 2014

You should go play mario bross, since it looks like you love to play ancient games. Yeah, who cares about any graphic effect, lets switch all of em off and lets enjoy the view. Ships flying in space and nothing more in the screen to see. That will be really cool, right? but of course, you forget that in this game graphic effects are one of the most important things. But again, with people thinking like you, of course cryptic will never even try to do anything about it. Again, you should be playing mario bross, obviously STO is too "advanced" technically speaking for you, so you will never understand what we are talking about. In the end, this needs to be fixed in some way, because if it is not, the game will be reach a boiling point, probably in the next expansion, in which we will not be able to see anything at all. Obviously people will stop playing (it will make no sense at all). I hope this is fixed because people cant play a space fight game without seeing their own weapons and the weapons of their enemies. Its totaly immersion-breaking.
  • Options
    litchy74litchy74 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    New crystal cat PvE, all those new random effects, shame you can't see any of them unless you view you own ship or look away from your target.

A space based shooter where you can't see where you are shooting........

After writing this I just want to add whats the point they don't care and I can come back in a year and the same bugs will be still here.

'But we fixed the pips on our uniform that no one looks at'
    Where ever you go, there you are.......

Join The Space Invaders,..... Federation and KDF fleets.
  • Options
    belanna58belanna58 Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    litchy74 wrote: »
    New crystal cat PvE, all those new random effects, shame you can't see any of them unless you view you own ship or look away from your target.

After writing this I just want to add whats the point they don't care and I can come back in a year and the same bugs will be still here.

brokena55 game it is

"lets release delta rising with more new and improved brokena55 rubbish players wont be able to use,play,see or do. And stuff the bugs, dont fix them, leave them be till players cant do anything on maps infected, and when that happens, we'll just do what we did with Q's missions, nerf them. All in the meantime, we'll keep robbing people of their money, they're the ones silly enough to keep throwing the money at us, and they know we dont listen to feedback because we do what we want, who cares about the players? ROFL"
  • Options
    janeway58janeway58 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    litchy74 wrote: »

I concur...
This discussion has been closed.