Install Arc
Options

RE: Duty Officer UI

Comments

• Options
    trelane87trelane87 Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    anazonda wrote: »
    That's better but not much... I will reserve judgment on this doff filter until after I have tried it out. Now the devs need to focus on undoing the damage they did to the old UI and fix all the bugs this fiasco has caused.
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    trelane87 wrote: »
    That's better but not much... I will reserve judgment on this doff filter until after I have tried it out. Now the devs need to focus on undoing the damage they did to the old UI and fix all the bugs this fiasco has caused.

I am beginning to wonder why I even bother... You guys are set on being negative... It's not even because it's bad, it's because you want to bicker....
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hopefully that new window is resizable and movable.

There is no need for a "NEW WINDOW"... 95% of the page is just wasted space. The contents would fit easily in the window you ALREADY have open... kind of like it was BEFORE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Maybe being positive at first, and then, IF it's bad, be negative...

All new things takes some getting used to, and from experience I can tell you that no matter how much effort you put into Useability, you never hit the nail on the head in the first try.

IF you REALLY want things to be better, heres how you help the developers:
    • Be patient
    • Describe in details the flaws that you see
    • Be detailed when you test and provide plenty of real feedback
    • Understand that they can't patch every day

Saying "Yea, thats bad, I liked the old one better"... It won't get you anywhere, and the devs can't do anything but ignore what you've said.

Usually new UI's, once implemented, wont be changed back... They will however go to great lengths to find the best possible solution within the new one (it's a developer thing).

srsly?????

I mean there are 50 pages of constructive comments in Tribble

You seem to have it backwards... Rather than just making changes to make changes, maybe the Devs should have asked players before hand what they wanted/needed.

I offer constructive feedback on tribble. Once they release the mess like they always do I don't feel the need to be that helpful
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited July 2014

That's a start, but it's still a pop-up selecton process (you can see part of the "Begin" button behind that pop-up selection window, on the right side). If each slot has to be filtered and selected individually, rather than filtering and filling down the list like the "classic" UI, it will still take forever to find the doff you want by comparison. It's not just the filtering that's the problem, it's that each doff required for an assignment must be selected one at a time, with separate pop-ups hiding which doffs were already slotted and the ability to unintentionally re-allocate doffs from one slot to the next.

Actually, I have some suggestions that might make the pop-up work closer to how the old UI did, in addition to the pictured filtering section:
    1. Add buttons below "Clear Slot" and "Assign Slot" for "Previous", "Next", and "Confirm Selections" to cycle through the doff slots without automatically closing the pop-up; close the UI only with "Confirm Selections"
    2. Add a small UI element at the top of the doff list that always shows the doff currently assigned to that slot, the size of a single doff entry in the list below
    3. Tint the background of any currently assigned doffs in the doff list a different shade (using shading rather than color allows the distinction to be retained across differing UI color schemes) than the standard doff list background, so we can see at a glance that selecting that doff will move it from the previous slot
    That would allow us to bring up the pop-up once for all of the doff selections, while retaining most the pictured UI design they've created. I'd still rather they just revert the doff UI and spend their time working on something that needs improvement, but... yeah, scope creep.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    srsly?????

I mean there are 50 pages of constructive comments in Tribble

You seem to have it backwards... Rather than just making changes to make changes, maybe the Devs should have asked players before hand what they wanted/needed.

I offer constructive feedback on tribble. Once they release the mess like they always do I don't feel the need to be that helpful

You are missing the point... Patience

I make webpages... I think thats an area where UI, both for the user and the owner is a high priority.

One of the things I've learned in the past few years is, that while you get alot done, you can never get everything done by day one.

Even IF you get it really close, and you have alot of feedback, eventually you have to chose to drop some things you or the user would like implemented, either because it's too expensive to develop, or because you need certain other features to be in place first.

Filters for example are extremely tricky when you introduce new options into the mix...

So you didn get what you hoped for the first time around... Well heres a shock: Neither did we with the original DuOff UI...
    If you remember, it took several months to get the UI to the state it was pre-9.5 ...

This new UI will eventually be very beneficial, especially now that they've found a way to monetize it futher than it was before.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    trelane87trelane87 Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I am beginning to wonder why I even bother... You guys are set on being negative... It's not even because it's bad, it's because you want to bicker....
    It's hard being positive when people have been saying for over a month on tribble how bad the UI is and have offered constructive criticism of it and it was all ignored. No one asked for these changes! Plus I said I was reserving judgement on the new filter and said now the devs should actually start listening to the people who actually use the doff system religiously on how to improve it and not some UI designer who will never use it.

Also who is that professor Hawk doff and where is mine :P
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    So you didn get what you hoped for the first time around... .

no because NO ONE WANTED ANYTHING.... this was just pulled out of thin air...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This new UI will eventually be very beneficial, especially now that they've found a way to monetize it futher than it was before.
    Except for the monetize part, which is not really an argument about the utility of this tool, in what is it beneficial ?
    The old UI was fine. Sure it was missing (arguably) the auto filling with best doff for crit tool, but it could have been added quickly. The new UI is big, clumsy, and not very intuitive. Adding more option and whatnot will just make it less bad. And considering the huge amount of negative feedback, I think the majority of the forumer think the old UI was way better.

The constructive feedback have been given a long time ago, several time. Bring back the old UI which was simply better. But we know it will never happen. So, we are asked to provide constructive feedback on something inferior to what we used to have. With little hope to make it as good as it was in the past.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    erei1 wrote: »
    Sure it was missing (arguably) the auto filling with best doff for crit tool,

I am not sure that is working correctly. I pretty much know what team to load for each task and now often they aren't my choices anymore. (possibly some have restrictions now that didn't previously exist)

Some it doesn't seem to be working at all. Case in point is the Turn in Contraband. I probably have 10-30 purple security officers but its suggests a Blue gravimetric scientist I wasn't even aware I had

Had an Orion refugee mission. It wanted to load a blue cardassian. I guess cuz it was blue but I had several white orions I had been saying for that mission to pick up.

Also I generally load 21 missions/all available everyday. There are some assignments I care more about than others -- IE I want to crit it - while there are others I don't really care. I also take into account mission timers and what missions I might be doing later in the day or tomorrow. Often more than one DOFF has the same stats but are different specialties so I might use another so the suggested one is available for another. So there might be a reason I don't slot a Doff to a 3 day assignment even if they are the best.

So it auto-picking to me is largely irrelevant to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    quickdraw74quickdraw74 Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This has got to be the biggest downgrade ever. I only do doff missions now since we are in the year of the nerf. In other words, I spend a lot of time doffing. I am not going to offer any constructive criticism because if this made it past the QA department and tribble then they don't want any input. How anyone anywhere could ever call this an upgrade is beyond me. There was nothing wrong with the old system. Simple and easy to use. You could see the doffs you were working with. Sure it had a few glitches but for the most part it was usable. This new UI is too bulky and you have to guess if you are getting the right doffs in there. Terrible.......... just terrible.
  • Options
    ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    IF you REALLY want things to be better, heres how you help the developers:
    • Be patient
    • Describe in details the flaws that you see
    • Be detailed when you test and provide plenty of real feedback
    • Understand that they can't patch every day
    Saying "Yea, thats bad, I liked the old one better"... It won't get you anywhere, and the devs can't do anything but ignore what you've said.

I believe I said it was a step in the right direction and that the old system was quicker because of a pretty specific enough reason *if* the filtering resets between DOff selection. Was that not detailed enough? The only detail I could add to that would be the filter should only reset when changing missions.
    Usually new UI's, once implemented, wont be changed back... They will however go to great lengths to find the best possible solution within the new one (it's a developer thing).

I *AM* a developer and seeing the new UI with its one at a time DOff selection button is the reason why I believe I'll have to be proven wrong that the filter will reset when filling DOff slots (clicking selection buttons should bring up new windows - new windows should start from fresh unless there's a preference bag somewhere).

I am not the only one to have commented that the time it takes to do my normal DOffing runs has increased substantially. Yah-sure, you-betch'a, part of it is my own unfamiliarity with the new interface. I get that. But I believe a bigger part of it is that Cryptic has added more windows, buttons, & scrolling to accomplish what used to take less. I enjoyed the DOffing system before the facelift, but now the time it takes me to do what I did before detracts from the other aspects of the game. So how is it that new & improved means I get less from the game? And no matter how proficient/familiar I get with this new interface, as it is now, the amount of additional navigation (and other good points brought up in the forum) will always be more than the previous one for standard DOffing. This *is not* progress.
  • Options
    elishathorneelishathorne Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    another annoying thing if you scroll in the field and you end up having the mouse pointer in a requirements field you end up first scrolling that field Then scrolling the screen down the end up in a new requirements field scroll inside that field and scroll the screen down again.
    Makes for a really clunky experience.

sure I just schouldn't scroll even in the remote area of those areas but come on that is just really badly designed.

I would be happy if I didn't have to scroll at all when looking at the missions because.

SCROLLING IS NO FUN AT ALL!!!

you could fix that simply by making the doff ui interface scalable so that i could make the whole thing smaller.
  • Options
    elishathorneelishathorne Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    gurugeorge wrote: »
    Actually that's not necessarily fake, forumgoers are a tiny minority amongst players, and probably not all that representative of the general playerbase - except when something really, really bad happens, and then lots and lots of people who don't normally come to the forums start posting.

Yes I am one of those players. Simply because the new system is really annoying and makes for a bad game experince.
  • Options
    rankin0bassrankin0bass Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    You are missing the point... Patience

I make webpages... I think thats an area where UI, both for the user and the owner is a high priority.

One of the things I've learned in the past few years is, that while you get alot done, you can never get everything done by day one.

Even IF you get it really close, and you have alot of feedback, eventually you have to chose to drop some things you or the user would like implemented, either because it's too expensive to develop, or because you need certain other features to be in place first.

Filters for example are extremely tricky when you introduce new options into the mix...

So you didn get what you hoped for the first time around... Well heres a shock: Neither did we with the original DuOff UI...
    If you remember, it took several months to get the UI to the state it was pre-9.5 ...

Here's the thing though. After all the work that went into the old DOFF UI, they should have had some idea what we would have wanted from the new DOFF UI. But instead they deliberately made it less usable. Instead of taking notes, they just burned everything and started over. We shouldn't need several months to get it back to where it was, that should have been the starting point.
  • Options
    blazeritterblazeritter Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I use the duty officer stuff heavily - maxing out my slots and working hard to get a good mix of the best possible duty officers. At least I did.

I'm absolutely frustrated with this new UI, but not just to jump on the band wagon. This is why:

1. Screen size and real estate is overly large and not put to good use. This is causing a lot of other problems in this list. I can only see 4 assignments at a time, and can't even see all of the information for these.

2. Vertical AND horizontal scrolling is frustrating and annoying, especially when I'm trying to scroll one way and my mouse pointer randomly lands on something that triggers the other direction.

3. Pieces or content are being obscured. When "Result" preview box only has 3 or less items in it text in the box is layered on top of each other and unreadable. Likewise, if an assignment requires more than 3 officers I can't see the others. This is amplified by...

4. Officers assigned in one slot are not removed from the list of possible officers to fill a second slot in the same project. I've multiple times assigned and reassigned officers on 5+ man missions. Yes, I can pay more attention, but this dramatically slows me down and I never once had this problem with the previous UI.

5. "In Progress" assignments do not appear to be in any order that I can determine. This is especially annoying when I'm trying to tell how many assignments I need to have ready for the next 15 mins., or when my next available slot will be if I need to cancel.

6. Speaking of cancelling, once an assignment is started I can't see who is doing it. I just had an experience where I found a more valuable duty officer assignment than one running, but I couldn't tell who was doing that and if cancelling it would free up the people I think it would to do that assignment, let alone what their traits are.

7. Along the lines of cancelling, I can't find any way to tell what the success probability is for an "In Progress" assignment. I routinely cancel a running assignment if it has a lower than acceptable rate and I find a better assignment to run, but can't now.

8. I've been to Betreka Nebula 4 (I think 5 or 6, but I can guarantee 4) times since last night and it has never once displayed a single mission. Not sure if this is UI related or simply broken/rarely displayed content.

9. So much space, and yet now I can't see how many commodities I have of whatever is in the assignment (used to show that an assignment would take 3/10 Tulaberries or the like). Believe it or not, I don't have it memorized EXACTLY how many of all commodities across all characters I have, so seeing if I'm getting low and need to restock even only in passing was much easier. This is now gone and makes the game more frustrating.

10. Inability to sort/filter officers at assignment is nearly game breaking. At that point, you might as well let me select a list of assignments the game should "auto-run" for me whenever it finds them as I can no longer actively participate anyway (note: I do NOT want this, I just don't see much point in not having it now). Sorting through 125 officers for each assignment is not worth the time it takes to do so, especially since I can't tell if those officers are in any particular order so don't know how to find the right person.

Side note: sometimes maximizing critical success is BAD. For example, if I'm doing "Haggle for Jevonite" I'd rather go with an officer with a 10% critical/70% success/20% failure/0% disaster chance than one with a 25% critical/30% success/25% failure/20% disaster. Even a failure there will give me SOMETHING rather than nothing, and ultimately my odds of getting unfavorable results are far worse with the slightly higher critical chance. Similar concept with officer exchanges, Dabo!, and others.

11. The bar graph ratings of outcome probability is far more user unfriendly than the pie chart. I have no idea how to read this graph with each bar having different color shades within it that don't seem to match the "4%." I simply ignore these bars now and read the numbers - meaning those bars are completely redundant/wasted space.

12. Assignments I can't do have no clear visual illustration. Several times now I've tried to "Plan" an assignment only to realize that I can't start it because I'm missing some commodity that is a different icon hidden in the side scroll beyond the "page." This is extremely annoying, especially when I've had to reassign duty officers.

13. I don't want the officer selection is trying to optimize. Devs have stated that it prioritizes critical success chance in assigning officers, but it's not getting me the highest critical success chance if I leave it alone. I can consistently raise the critical chance (while lowering the failure rate) from 20% to just over 30% by assigning different, available officers. This is especially so in the Fleet Dilithium Holding duty officer assignments as it's so far been a less optimal auto-selection each time.

I think those are the big ones that have hit me so far. I really wish there was an option to simply use the old UI.

So that I don't seem to just be negative, I'll end with one positive note: the auto-selection for Klingon Marauding missions does largely seem to be working well and is a lot faster to simply one-click start, but those do require specialty officers that I've made a point to build a stockpile of that don't get used for anything else. Still, I wouldn't consider this slight improvement worth all of those other frustrations listed.
  • Options
    rankin0bassrankin0bass Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    5. "In Progress" assignments do not appear to be in any order that I can determine. This is especially annoying when I'm trying to tell how many assignments I need to have ready for the next 15 mins., or when my next available slot will be if I need to cancel.

They appear to be in a randomized alphabetical order.
  • Options
    nscar1420nscar1420 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I use the duty officer stuff heavily - maxing out my slots and working hard to get a good mix of the best possible duty officers. At least I did.

I'm absolutely frustrated with this new UI, but not just to jump on the band wagon. This is why:

1. Screen size and real estate is overly large and not put to good use. This is causing a lot of other problems in this list. I can only see 4 assignments at a time, and can't even see all of the information for these.

2. Vertical AND horizontal scrolling is frustrating and annoying, especially when I'm trying to scroll one way and my mouse pointer randomly lands on something that triggers the other direction.

3. Pieces or content are being obscured. When "Result" preview box only has 3 or less items in it text in the box is layered on top of each other and unreadable. Likewise, if an assignment requires more than 3 officers I can't see the others. This is amplified by...

4. Officers assigned in one slot are not removed from the list of possible officers to fill a second slot in the same project. I've multiple times assigned and reassigned officers on 5+ man missions. Yes, I can pay more attention, but this dramatically slows me down and I never once had this problem with the previous UI.

6. Speaking of cancelling, once an assignment is started I can't see who is doing it. I just had an experience where I found a more valuable duty officer assignment than one running, but I couldn't tell who was doing that and if cancelling it would free up the people I think it would to do that assignment, let alone what their traits are.

7. Along the lines of cancelling, I can't find any way to tell what the success probability is for an "In Progress" assignment. I routinely cancel a running assignment if it has a lower than acceptable rate and I find a better assignment to run, but can't now.

8. I've been to Betreka Nebula 4 (I think 5 or 6, but I can guarantee 4) times since last night and it has never once displayed a single mission. Not sure if this is UI related or simply broken/rarely displayed content.

9. So much space, and yet now I can't see how many commodities I have of whatever is in the assignment (used to show that an assignment would take 3/10 Tulaberries or the like). Believe it or not, I don't have it memorized EXACTLY how many of all commodities across all characters I have, so seeing if I'm getting low and need to restock even only in passing was much easier. This is now gone and makes the game more frustrating.

10. Inability to sort/filter officers at assignment is nearly game breaking. At that point, you might as well let me select a list of assignments the game should "auto-run" for me whenever it finds them as I can no longer actively participate anyway (note: I do NOT want this, I just don't see much point in not having it now). Sorting through 125 officers for each assignment is not worth the time it takes to do so, especially since I can't tell if those officers are in any particular order so don't know how to find the right person.

Side note: sometimes maximizing critical success is BAD. For example, if I'm doing "Haggle for Jevonite" I'd rather go with an officer with a 10% critical/70% success/20% failure/0% disaster chance than one with a 25% critical/30% success/25% failure/20% disaster. Even a failure there will give me SOMETHING rather than nothing, and ultimately my odds of getting unfavorable results are far worse with the slightly higher critical chance. Similar concept with officer exchanges, Dabo!, and others.

11. The bar graph ratings of outcome probability is far more user unfriendly than the pie chart. I have no idea how to read this graph with each bar having different color shades within it that don't seem to match the "4%." I simply ignore these bars now and read the numbers - meaning those bars are completely redundant/wasted space.

12. Assignments I can't do have no clear visual illustration. Several times now I've tried to "Plan" an assignment only to realize that I can't start it because I'm missing some commodity that is a different icon hidden in the side scroll beyond the "page." This is extremely annoying, especially when I've had to reassign duty officers.

13. I don't want the officer selection is trying to optimize. Devs have stated that it prioritizes critical success chance in assigning officers, but it's not getting me the highest critical success chance if I leave it alone. I can consistently raise the critical chance (while lowering the failure rate) from 20% to just over 30% by assigning different, available officers. This is especially so in the Fleet Dilithium Holding duty officer assignments as it's so far been a less optimal auto-selection each time.

I think those are the big ones that have hit me so far. I really wish there was an option to simply use the old UI.

So that I don't seem to just be negative, I'll end with one positive note: the auto-selection for Klingon Marauding missions does largely seem to be working well and is a lot faster to simply one-click start, but those do require specialty officers that I've made a point to build a stockpile of that don't get used for anything else. Still, I wouldn't consider this slight improvement worth all of those other frustrations listed.

VERY WELL SAID!!!!!!I agree 100% Bring back the filter has to be #1 I don't even want to do DOFF missions anymore because of the no filter. I have certain DOFFS I use on certain missions and with no filter I have to scroll through 200 DOFFs
  • Options
    nscar1420nscar1420 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited July 2014
  • Options
    neotaraneotara Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Sears was sued for telling people they needed to replace the belts in there cars every time they got an oil change... The belts were fine they argued it was a "suggestion." Sears lost.

My point: You were selling Life Time Subscriptions just before implementing major game braking changes. Bait and Switch. You took a product that just needed a tune up, adding the R&D tab, and changed the belts to. You took a system that people have spent hundreds of hours using, that I personally spent money on, be it expanding my roaster, buying officer packs, and lockbox knowing I might get dofs, and ruined it.

When I pay for something I am entitled to a reasonable expectation that ill get what I paid for. You have received dozens of pages of complaints long before this ever saw the Holodeck. But greed for a new Lockbox overwhelmed all logic and forced this mess onto the customers.

I'm done. I'll never buy anymore Zen ever again. I feel cheated and robbed. I still have my Atari 2600 it hasn't changed since the day I bought it and it still brings me joy. You over estimate the need for change. Just like people hate every Facebook UI change. We signed up for and invested in a product as is. Would I have bought this new product? NO ...

Bait and Switch!

Players want more content. And content means Zones, (not taking them away) new stories, new missions, new races, new planets, instead you waste man hours and squandered our investment on this garbage! I would have become a lifetime member but I do not trust you with the Star Trek brand at all.

The Jury has been yelling our verdict loud and clear, and only a fool would continue with your current business strategy, you should all be ashamed of yourselves!
  • Options
    kwyjenkwyjen Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    yes I am 1 of those once in a blue moon forum players also, but I just felt I had to say something. This a game I have liked very much for the past 3 yrs, I am a life time subscriber, an Admiral of my own fleet on klink side, and this new doffing interface is just plain bad.

SWITCH IT BACK , I SAY AGAIN !!
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Put the damn doff UI back the way it was pre-Season 9.5. It was fine. I have never seen any change ever made to this game that has had 99% of the forums saying it was bad.

Adjudicatorhawk, here's some feedback for you. Next time you morons decide that you're going to do something regardless of feedback, just don't bother asking for feedback beforehand. We told you not to do it when this monkey sh*t hit Tribble and why and you did it anyway.

You tried to fix something that wasn't broken, and the logical result followed.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Devs should study and discuss this post.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    stomperx99stomperx99 Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm not fan of the new DOFF UI either.

miss the old one but I can get use to it......
    ZomboDroid10122015042230.jpg

I'm sorry to people who I, in the past, insulted, annoyed, etc.
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    neotara wrote: »
    Sears was sued for telling people they needed to replace the belts in there cars every time they got an oil change... The belts were fine they argued it was a "suggestion." Sears lost.

My point: You were selling Life Time Subscriptions just before implementing major game braking changes. Bait and Switch. You took a product that just needed a tune up, adding the R&D tab, and changed the belts to. You took a system that people have spent hundreds of hours using, that I personally spent money on, be it expanding my roaster, buying officer packs, and lockbox knowing I might get dofs, and ruined it.

When I pay for something I am entitled to a reasonable expectation that ill get what I paid for. You have received dozens of pages of complaints long before this ever saw the Holodeck. But greed for a new Lockbox overwhelmed all logic and forced this mess onto the customers.

I'm done. I'll never buy anymore Zen ever again. I feel cheated and robbed. I still have my Atari 2600 it hasn't changed since the day I bought it and it still brings me joy. You over estimate the need for change. Just like people hate every Facebook UI change. We signed up for and invested in a product as is. Would I have bought this new product? NO ...

Bait and Switch!

Players want more content. And content means Zones, (not taking them away) new stories, new missions, new races, new planets, instead you waste man hours and squandered our investment on this garbage! I would have become a lifetime member but I do not trust you with the Star Trek brand at all.

The Jury has been yelling our verdict loud and clear, and only a fool would continue with your current business strategy, you should all be ashamed of yourselves!

As far as the LTS, I'd advise going to check out Tribble before buying. This also applies to C-Store ships and other purchases, many of which you can "test drive" on Tribble before making a purchase that costs either Zen or real-world currency. I believe most of the testing materials, etc. to try out are available at Drozana Station, including consoles with Marks, dilithium, etc. if you have something you want to see in action. That's how I knew I wasn't buying a LTS this time around, though I did hope more of our feedback would be listened to.

The doffing UI changes are an example of what project management folks call scope creep... basically, you are working on one project (crafting revamp) and you somehow end up creating more work and using more time/resources on side tasks (doffing UI) that interfere with completion of that original project. Had the doffing UI changes not taken (and continued to take) additional time/resources, it may have been possible to finish the [Mod] customization and reverse engineering features that the devs have mentioned an interest in adding to the new crafting system.

This is probably not a bait and switch, merely an example of poor planning. Reverting the doffing UI and focusing on finishing crafting and Season 10 seems like a wise decision, but only if the decision makers themselves can accept that they made a planning error. Having the folks doing the actual work mess with an unnecessary side project interferes with other projects that might actually be desired by the customer base.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    indypenguinindypenguin Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    stomperx99 wrote: »
    I'm not fan of the new DOFF UI either.

That I think is an understatement. The UI is truly terrible. It's a lot more clunkier and not by any means an improvement. It's a downgrade.

You can't sort/filter to assign DOFFs. The unsorted list (other than from purple down to common and then to DOFFs with traits that go against the assignment) is even worse. It makes it a lot harder to find the DOFF you want for the combination you want (e.g. like using a green DOFF over a Blue DOFF cause better match up in the traits).

Queuing up DOFF missions were a lot faster an easier before this release of 9.5. I understand they wanted to add the revamped R&D component but was there really a need to change the rest of the DOFF UI?

I think it goes without saying, I want to spend time playing the game and not managing DOFFs (please don't automate this either).
    Ad astra per aspera

God be between you and harm, and all the empty places we must walk.
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    ignore , double post
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    starswordc wrote: »

Adjudicatorhawk, here's some feedback for you. Next time you morons decide that you're going to do something regardless of feedback, just don't bother asking for feedback beforehand. We told you not to do it when this monkey sh*t hit Tribble and why and you did it anyway.

Adjudicatorhawk : "But we're working on something that you'll soooo thank us for .... like swearsies ! "

But on a more serious note :
    The new Doff interface was designed for Tablets & Phones , for the use with the Gateway system .
    One (more) small problem there :
    This system is not on Gateway yet , so Cryptic does not only ignore the feedback from their PC users , they are not getting any feedback from their Gateway users either .

^^^ idiocy x 2 .

starswordc wrote: »

So that I don't seem to just be negative, I'll end with one positive note: the auto-selection for Klingon Marauding missions does largely seem to be working well and is a lot faster to simply one-click start,

I have to ask how does that work better ?

In my experience the system can pick the first Doff ok , but then if other Doffs are needed , it keeps picking the first one , so I have to manually slot all the others , while taking care that I don not slot something that was already chosen .

To me this is hella frustrating , not to mention that for each Doff chosen I have to open up another Doff menu , which takes more time & more mouse movement .
  • Options
    unotetsuunotetsu Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I wish there was an option to not select any DOFF for recruitment missions and officer exchange missions and refugee missions.

I secretly think the new DOFF interface was designed by an unholy alliance of the Cardassians, the Karenma, the Paradans, and the Bajorans in order to pilfer our purple DOFFs in order to give us back green and blue doffs for all the years we have been trading them White and Green Doffs....

I keep thinking I am going to send an ultra rare purple doff Explosives experts on an officer exchange and will only receive some useless common Cardassian.... the fiends...

I theory the "AUTO" selector for those exchange missions should be as follows:

First Sort by Rarity in this order: common, uncommon, rare, very rare

THEN sort by attributes like teamwork, eidetic memory etc...

It should be like this for ALL missions where you are 100% going to lose a DOFF if you insist on Auto Suggesting ANYTHING for these missions.

Idealy you could add a Menu to set up sorting preference....
    I must warn you, I am quite Isane! I am Grand Duchess of the Abh Empire: Beneej Letopanyu Spoor!