test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So my Joined Trill is now a regular Trill

coffeemikecoffeemike Member Posts: 942 Arc User
edited October 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I was looking at my skill tree and had a debate with a friend on what now are the powers of a Joined Symbiote... and to my surprise I saw that I don't have that trait anymore.

Anyone else experiencing this? Last I looked which was Season 8, I was a Joined Trill.

Ugh...
Post edited by coffeemike on

Comments

• Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    If I go to Traits, at the top it has...

Species: Joined Trill
    Details button.

If I go to Status, click Skill-Based Stats: Space, and take a look - I'm still getting the Joined Trill bonuses to skills.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Mine just shows Trill: both in ground and space.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Ugh, I guess I will open up a ticket.
  • Options
    crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2014
    coffeemike wrote: »
    Ugh, I guess I will open up a ticket.

Please let me know the ticket number when you do so.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    edited July 2014

Where do I find that in game?
  • Options
    comkiller007comkiller007 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I am also having this problem since the start of season nine.
    The reference ID# is 140708-001381
  • Options
    adwynythadwynyth Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    When you create and submit a ticket, it will show you the ticket number right after you submit it. It will flash across the top of the screen like a mission completion message, and also show up in your chat window.
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Out of curiosity, did you do the new mission in Season 9? And what faction/level are you?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Fed Joined Trill Engineer. It was created during Open Beta for STO...

And yes I played Surface Tension
  • Options
    edited July 2014

Mine is 140709-001586
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Fed Joined Trill Engineer. It was created during Open Beta for STO...

And yes I played Surface Tension

My perception and it mat be inaccurate is that certain missions or accolades (which gate things like access to sector blocks) may modify species because permissions are set at the species level.

Faction is more or less set at the species level.

So your actual species may be something like Federation Joined Trill. Certain game updates or events MIGHT cause that to update. (For example, Romulans change species when they choose a side between Federation and Klingons. Federation Romulan and Klingon Romulan and Neutral Romulan are three different species.)

I suspect Surface Tension performed a "species update" to allow access to more sector blocks. So, for example, Federation Joined Trill Pre-ST and Federation Joined Trill Post-ST would be in the game as separate species.

Now what can bug costume slots, traits, and displayed species is if there was a typo in the database that tells the game what species to convert you to for the updated permission. Someone might have typed the wrong entry.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I'd still want to get this fixed. Or PWE will owe me 4 years worth of money.
  • Options
    edited July 2014

Any luck? Or am I not going to be happy... when I call customer support.
  • Options
    edited August 2014

So any luck? I have the ground trait for regular Trills showing up on my Traits section but not the Joined Symbiote.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Mine just shows Trill: both in ground and space.

So when you go to Traits, it shows Species: Trill instead of Species: Joined Trill?

Cause otherwise, it's not going to matter whether you look in Space or on Ground.

Space: http://i.imgur.com/kXnJ58l.png
    Ground: http://i.imgur.com/Ar1YeO6.png

You open up Character Status.
    Go to the Traits tab.
    It will say...
    Species:
    Joined Trill
    ...you click Details and tada, there's the info.

You can go through looking at your skills to see that you're getting the bonuses for them.

But if your Joined Trill has become a Trill...well, then yeah - can see where it would get frustrating at this point.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Ya. I own both the Digital deluxe Edition and the Collectors Edition plus I'm a lifer. Yet Customer service says I have not purchased the Joined Trill Playable species. If these people actually knew their product they would know that the Joined Trill Playable Species comes with the Digital Deluxe Edition! So far I have hated season nine because my oldest toon went from being a Joined Trill to a regular Trill. And the back and forth with Customer Service is a joke they don't even know their own product! It's sad it really is.
  • Options
    omegnusomegnus Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Hey all I too have lost my traits on my joined trill and yes it is a joined trill as i own the Deluxe Edition just wondering if anyone is looking into this i submitted a GM ticket as well.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I hope you have better luck than we are having. Because as far as things stand now its a fat chance anything is going to be done for us. Considering there is more than one of us that this has happened to and if everyone is getting the same kind of run around from "Customer Support" as I am that have filled out a ticket. Than we need all the other people that haven't spoken up to now speak up about this.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Yah a couple of my fleet members are having the same problem i'll see if they wanna submit a ticket.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Well my GM ticket got answered pretty fast but they were unable to help so i submitted a bug report but have not heard back from anyone it's been a few days
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Anyone Hear anything new on this?
  • Options
    rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I stumbled across this the other day and was curious. Ever since the trait re-do I thought maybe the innate traits from the Joined Trill just went away. When I read this thread the other day it made me wonder. I logged in to look

My Sci KDF Joined Trill is still Joined. However my Eng FED Joined Trill is now just a "Trill"... What!??

Come ON! That's just so freaking inconsistent!

I submitted an in-game bug report, but not sure if this will get resolved, will bork my character if they DO resolve it, or what.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Anyone hear from cryptic on this?
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Just checked both of my joined Trills (both Fed, one dates back to 2010, the other is newer), and both of them are ok.

Hope they get you sorted out.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    http://s1372.photobucket.com/user/dark_lordx/library/

i decided to post the photo`s of the issue still wondering why we have not heard from anyone.
  • Options
    lowiekelowieke Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    so we are one NOT happy trill family

did al lot of grinding to get my ZEN together for a skills retrain, just to discover that a zen buyable trill had all i wanted.

well, a lot of zen spent on character slots and a playable trill toon, and now no Trait: Joined Symbiote

i would like to curse and swear.

gonna file and ticket see what happens
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    omegnus wrote: »
    http://s1372.photobucket.com/user/dark_lordx/library/

i decided to post the photo`s of the issue still wondering why we have not heard from anyone.

"dark_lordx's Library is Private." You'd need to make a secondary publicly accessible account or unlock your current one to make the image viewable. ;)
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Lol i open the library i haven't used a 3rd party image
    hosting site in like 10 years my bad :)
  • Options
    johnstewardjohnsteward Member Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    My joined trill is just fine. Maybe the problem is limited to those who got it via the digital deluxe edition? I at least bought mine from the c-store and he hasnt lost his symbiont yet.

You guys are lucky your trills survived the un-joining;)
  • Options
    rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I submitted a ticket, but have never received a response. It's been some time now.

You know the funny thing? It doesn't even show up on my tickets list. They deleted it. They don't even want to deal with it.

When the plasma resist charges were reported to only do 30 seconds of resistance instead of 5 minutes, they also deleted tickets instantly. It took weeks before a subtle note came out on the tribble patches saying the charges were fixed.

However, I'm not seeing any patch notes about this trill issue, nor any response on what happens to those of us stuck as "normal" trills. All I'm seeing is my tickets are deleted.

Such WONDERFUL customer service ettiquette. No wonder they were failing as a company and needed a buy-out from an Asian corporation.