*shakes fist to the heavens*

ROTFL.

Thanks, I needed that!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    aten66 wrote: »
    Thought of this one and wondered, why don't we have one of these already? I felt inspired by that one Riker episode, as well as the DS9 two.

"Psychotic Episode": You got to sleep in your quarters one night and wake up in an alien like mental hospital, where you see a man in a white coat. "Hello Captain, it seem we've finally hit a break. You've been suffering from severe delusions for the past four years."

Wow. Good one.

Three's response (assuming that the Captain is still physically as they should be): "Yeah, I know I'm nuts, but I'm not that kind of nuts. Tell me what's really going on or I'll crush your eyeballs with my right pinky."

Do'eth's response would be to curl up and cry. Because she frankly kind of needs it. Oh, that gives me the BEST idea...
    edited January 2014
    "Sick Day"

"Your Captain seems to have contracted a minor illness and cannot perform their duties on the bridge. They has been confined to their quarters for the next 48 hours to allow the sickness to pass. Write a log describing how they pass the time."

It would take one hell of a bug to take down Three, but she'd definitely enjoy being sick. She would demand to be pampered in every way, up to and including trying to get her XO/girlfriend into bed with her.

Of course, anything nasty enough to lay out Three would kill a standard humanoid in hours, so she'd probably realistically be stuck behind an isolation forcefield, bored out of her skull. Unless the virus affected only her and was effectively harmless to everyone else. In which case she'd have a field day.

Do'eth would lock herself in her ready room and throw darts at the wall for as long as the illness took. Assuming, of course, that her ship's doctor couldn't whip up a cure.
  • moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I like this idea: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=14707501&posted=1#post14707501

write out how Trill came to be a Joined race. :D

I am 98% certain that Trill discovered the symbiote by eating it and then talking to their belly.

Trill #1: Hey man, my stomach is talking to me!

Trill #2: No it's not. You're crazy.

Trill #1: Yes it is.

Trill #2: No it is not.

Trill #1: Yes it is!

Trill #2: Not it is not!

Trill's Stomach: Can I get a say?

Trills: NO!

*Seconds tick*

Trill #2: WHAT THE TRILL?
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
    edited February 2014
    Bumped for Cap'n Smirk to peruse for this month's LC.
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It needs to be a TAS themed LC. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • atalossataloss Member Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    "Movie Night"

"You and your ship has been selected by the hottest film director in 2414 Hollywood to be the muse of his latest movie. He and his film crew have decided to shoot their entire film aboard your vessel and then premiere it on Earth. Is it a documentary? An action film? Romance? Does the entire shoot go smoothly or are there "unexpected cameos" by enemy Klingons or Borg? Write about the experience having someone film you and your crew or write a log about how the premiere went and if your Captain enjoyed the portrayal of themselves or the ship."

where's the darn "like" button on this forum. This deserves a like
    One day Cryptic will be free from their Perfect World overlord. Until that day comes, they will continue to pamper the whales of this game, and ignore everyone that isn't a whale.
    edited February 2014
    It needs to be a TAS themed LC. :D

I haven't watched TAS yet. T^T

I just started Season 4 of DS9. I am so behind everyone else!

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
    edited February 2014
    I haven't watched TAS yet. T^T

I just started Season 4 of DS9. I am so behind everyone else!
    BEHOLD!
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    edited February 2014
    Ugh, I never did like TAS.

Especially not that episode that was basically a plug by Larry Niven for his Known Space universe. Never did like that guy, TBH.

Let's try to keep this thread focused on ideas and feedback; if we go off-topic, our new overlord might not read it.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,361 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    Especially not that episode that was basically a plug by Larry Niven for his Known Space universe.
    Blame NBC for that; they rejected his original script, so he pulled "The Soft Weapon" out of the trunk (assuming it wasn't going to be anthologized in the future or anything) and crafted an ep out of that really quickly.

If an LC is TAS-based, however, I'd have to bow out; all my characters are specific to the STO worldline, and TAS is way too early for any of them.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    edited February 2014
    jonsills wrote: »
    Blame NBC for that; they rejected his original script, so he pulled "The Soft Weapon" out of the trunk (assuming it wasn't going to be anthologized in the future or anything) and crafted an ep out of that really quickly.

If an LC is TAS-based, however, I'd have to bow out; all my characters are specific to the STO worldline, and TAS is way too early for any of them.

Same here. TAS is too obscure a setting for an LC.

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
    edited February 2014
    Same here. TAS is too obscure a setting for an LC.
    Well, it wouldn't need to actually be set in that era, just use elements of it that aren't usually seen in STO.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    edited February 2014
    Well, it wouldn't need to actually be set in that era, just use elements of it that aren't usually seen in STO.

If they aren't seen in STO, it kind of puts a lot of people at a disadvantage. It's why I didn't participate in the last LC, because I had no clue who the Sheliak were. It's a bad idea to write about something you don't know very well.

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • aten66aten66 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    "Fourth Wall? What's that?"

After falling through a spatiotemporal anomaly, your ship crash-lands on Earth, in 2014. The Temporal Prime Directive is toast; your crew is rescued from the wreck by the local authorities, and it turns out that there is an entire entertainment franchise in this timeline about...your universe.

Then, you find out (while on national news) that not only are you fictional, but that the person who writes you in a fanfic wants to meet you (as he/she says while calling in to the show).

How do you react and how the heck do you get out of THIS one???

Smirk, you better as heck pick this one for the next LC, I can just imagine me meeting Gregs, and reading his mind just to freak him out.
    edited February 2014
    Smirk, you better as heck pick this one for the next LC, I can just imagine me meeting Gregs, and reading his mind just to freak him out.

Yeah, I don't know how I came up with it, but it's just so freaking perfect...

Yours was good, and helped me "get" my characters a little better, but...

Yeah, this one was just RIGHT from the get-go.

Me, meeting Three, detailing her Contract down to the letter, describing personal information about her Original and the other units, telling her where in the multiverse two missing units are (Nemesis units have stupidly high Janeway factors for complicated reasons), and generally freaking her out...

I'd probably get a few broken bones (Three isn't one to go easy on force), but it'd be sooooooooooo worth it.

Me, meeting "Do'eth", telling her exactly what happened to her deceased girlfriend, showing her her character UI in-game...

That would be just made of win.

Also, I'd LOVE to see you and Son'aire. Gregs is cool enough, but Gregs catapulted through the 4th wall would be just...awesome.
    edited February 2014
    You were probably inspired by my earlier entry, "Visit To a Weird Planet Revisited, Revisited". :)
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    edited February 2014
    You were probably inspired by my earlier entry, "Visit To a Weird Planet Revisited, Revisited". :)

I was, to be honest; I just figured, why not a direct 4th wall breach instead of a partial breach?

And the image of Three punching out of a crashed starship while stunned rescue workers look on was part of it, too.

CaptainSmirk, please choose either this idea or jonsills's idea for the next LC. PLEASE.
    edited February 2014
    Honestly, I think I like worffan's idea better. :)
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    edited February 2014

I dunno...

Your idea would definitely let Three say "I told you so".

But thanks for the compliment. :)
    edited February 2014

They'll prolly go with your idea, because it's already a concept that has been done in Star Trek.

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
    edited February 2014
    "For the sake of the apocalypse"

A classified hail from your old "friends" in Section 31 warns you of a terrifying threat to the timeline. Someone is planning to use a temporal anomaly to travel back in time to the Permian period of Earth, 250 million years ago, and prevent the apocalyptic mass extinction that led to the rise of the dinosaurs. Xir plan will almost certainly prevent humanity from evolving, meaning that the Federation will never exist. Who is planning to cancel this vital apocalypse, how can you stop them, and how do you survive the brutal, oxygen-deprived landscape of the Permian?

Like it was anyone else but the Voth.

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
    edited February 2014

Or the Iconians. Or some nut with a terraforming ship. Or the Undine. Or a Klingon nutcase.

The point is causing an apocalypse, destroying hundreds if not thousands of species, to protect the future.
    edited February 2014
    Actually, if they're indeed descended from Terran dinosaurs, that would eliminate the Voth too. The Permian extinction cleared the boards for the lizards to come to be. The Voth might try to halt the K-T event, though...
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    edited February 2014
    Or the Iconians. Or some nut with a terraforming ship. Or the Undine. Or a Klingon nutcase.

The point is causing an apocalypse, destroying hundreds if not thousands of species, to protect the future.

If it was the Iconians, it'd be far more convoluted and so intricate, any attempt to stop would pretty much end up like this.

Also, Elijah with boobies. Heh heh heh.
    Actually, if they're indeed descended from Terran dinosaurs, that would eliminate the Voth too. The Permian extinction cleared the boards for the lizards to come to be. The Voth might try to halt the K-T event, though...

Actually, thinking about it, The Voth would prolly just travel back to 1993 and prevent Jurassic Park from being made. It's about as offensive to them as Pluto Nash was to Science Fiction.

GOOD GOD, PLUTO NASH. WHYYYYYYY?

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
    edited February 2014
    ...this just gave me a great idea, where a space-faring species from an alternate universe where one of those extinctions never happened tries to alter the Trek verse to be like their own.

Or maybe to ensure that their universe comes to pass. Timeline dynamics are screwy.
    edited February 2014
    ...this just gave me a great idea, where a space-faring species from an alternate universe where one of those extinctions never happened tries to alter the Trek verse to be like their own.

Or maybe to ensure that their universe comes to pass. Timeline dynamics are screwy.

Wibbley Wobbley Timey Wimey.

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
    edited February 2014
    Wibbley Wobbley Timey Wimey.

Yup.

Timey Wimey Ball. There's even a TVTropes article about it.
  • aten66aten66 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Anyone ever wonder, since the even the Federation knows how to travel in time, why don't the Voth have access to time travel? I mean they want to stop the ~Spoilers~Undine~Spoilers~, so why not just travel in time to give them future information?
    edited February 2014
    Anyone ever wonder, since the even the Federation knows how to travel in time, why don't the Voth have access to time travel? I mean they want to stop the ~Spoilers~Undine~Spoilers~, so why not just travel in time to give them future information?

Time travel is veeeeery dangerous in the Trek verse, and DTI generates PILES of paperwork. Also, kill the wrong guy (or get killed by the wrong guy), and you're screwed.

If the Voth went back in time to eliminate the Undine, they would probably all be assimilated by the Borg sometime during Voyager.
    edited February 2014
    Bump for tomorrow!

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP