test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• Options
    nickkyana#2794 nickkyana Member Posts: 16,153 Arc User
    Briana: have anything citrus-y or cherry?
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    alex: how about some sujamma, from the dark elven homeland of morrowind? that has lemon in it, so that makes it citrus-y​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    Briana: anything else in it? Like I dont wanna be surprised by it being fermented with bug meat or something like that.
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    alex: it's a dunmer liqueur, not a bosmer one​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    Briana: those are just words to me. I dont know what they mean.
  • Options
    alex: mer are elves on nirn - dunmer are dark elves, bosmer are wood elves, altmer are high elves, falmer WERE snow elves, but are just monsters now, maormer are sea elves...i think that's all of them

anyway, bosmer are the ones who make drinks out of bugs and meat, because they aren't allowed to harvest any form of living plant matter or trees​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Briana: well damn.. you say dark elves, I think of drow and the like and all those spiders.
  • Options
    alex: they may as well be drow...they have the same general skin color and also used to be heavy slavers - mostly of argonian and khajiit, the two main beast races on the continent of tamriel

oh, i forgot three mer - orsimer, chimer and dwemer - orcs, what dunmer used to be before being cursed and dwarves respectively...yes, orcs on that world used to be elves, and technically still are​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Briana: sorta like a tolken middle earth situation?
  • Options
    alex: except unlike arda, dwarves on nirn are extinct...or nearly, rather - there's one known living one remaining

they also weren't shrimp like most dwarves tend to be - they were actually roughly the same size as most of the humanoid races​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    Krystal: *actually found a place to sit and is running a cloth over her sword's blade*
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    Briana: interesting... so yeah I'm still skeptical. Anything else with citrus or cherry? Something that tastes fruity in general. *sits across from her mom, looking up at her* also are you gonna... de-fox or are you gonna do this whole thing as werefox lucina?
  • Options
    alex: sujamma is also made with comberries...i have no idea if those are supposed to be cranberry or cherry analogs, though​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Briana: anything from a civilization that has more of a concern for health standards?
  • Options
    alex: you're concerned about health standards, yet you wanted one of the bottles of alcohol i looted? i guarantee the citizens of tamriel as a whole are far more health conscious than anyone here

this is like...late middle ages, whereas tamriel as of 4E 201 is roughly early victorian era​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    hoan113hoan113 Member Posts: 5,901 Arc User
    Jakara: *walks over to bri grabbing a thing of vodka and sitting next to her* well there’s always rolkenise type stuff. I think dragon age even has some booze of there own.
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
  • Options
    Briana: well I thought I smelled something cherry here. *shrugs* I'm still thinking something other than that. You did say you have a bunch more alcohol.
  • Options
    alex: i still have a whole shitload of other types of alcohol from nirn too - flin, mazte, greef, cyrodilic brandy, a few bottles of ancient dagoth brandy - there weren't many surviving flasks of it left - various ales, meads, moonshines and brandies from every corner of tamriel, and even a trio of custom composite drinks​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Briana: why are you focusing on stuff from that one planet? *takes one of her swords out from the sheaths on her back. Getting a rag and starting to clean it* you mention mead, any strong ones?
  • Options
    (because that's the only game series i actually KNOW the names of more than one alcohol from, if i know any at all...or if they even HAVE unique names for alcohol)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    sevenofnine13141sevenofnine13141 Member Posts: 4,272 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Lieutenant Colt: *Goes to find Nick and Gaia*
    ----
    Prime Raneson: Middle Ages medical tech wasn't advanced as our medical tech and had a terrible capability to fight major plagues and diseases. Remember, the Black Death? So Middle Ages didn't really have much of a good healthcare system, if it even had one at all.
    | State of the Federation |
    The German Empire
    Founded 2413
    Leader: S. Raneson
    de_pr2.gif
  • Options
    Briana: we're talking about booze, not medical tech....

(Google can be a real help If you need help finding that kinda stuff)

*the Tepes' computer may be able to help the Lieutenant find the captain*
  • Options
    hoan113hoan113 Member Posts: 5,901 Arc User
    Jakara: how did she get medicine out of booze.....
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
  • Options
    Briana: I dont know.... kinda reminds me of playing western stuff on the holodeck where the "medicine" is stuff like whiskey, morphine, and coke.
  • Options
    Prime Raneson: Still.. Medieval Era tech wasn't exactly advanced, nor it was it exactly... good. *Shrugs*

Lieutenant Colt: Computer, where is Fleet Captain O'Connor?
    The German Empire
    Founded 2413
    de_pr2.gif
  • Options
    Tepes Computer: Captain O'Connor is located in the Captain's Quarters.

Briana: okay, and? Not sure how its relevant. So drinks?
  • Options
    Lieutenant Colt: ... Right... *Goes to said Quarters*
    ----
    Prime Raneson: Alcohol isn't my thing.
    The German Empire
    Founded 2413
    de_pr2.gif
  • Options
    Briana: I was saying in general. You can't drink right now either. I was more talking to alex, who is currently keeper of booze.

*colt ends up back where he started, the empty quarters with no Nick or Gaia in sight*
  • Options
    alex: raneson's right, though - you take major risks with your health in any setting like this, no matter what you do...hell, there were still people in MY time that thought daily showers were optional, never mind in this era where bathing was usually treated with derision by the common folk, even when they could afford to do so​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Briana: gross. I shower daily... at least when I'm able. There have been times when I've been trapped on missions where I wasnt able to but that's not by choice.... so how about Tequila? I'm good with Tequila too.