test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    *he nods to jessica in acknowledgement* oh, one other interesting bit of data retrieved from the nebula - this terran group is apparently no friends to the ones who kidnapped the jades...possible splinter faction or maybe a power struggle within the empire; this may signify an impending fracturing that we might be able to take advantage of in some manner *alex adds before stepping out to meet up with nick*

*back in the mirror universe, commander bloodhoof contacts raneson and the MSF* we've retrieved the data - nothing on your missing herdmates, but we did find these terrans who engaged us were NOT part of the group that kidnapped admiral and commander jade​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    nickkyana#2794 nickkyana Member Posts: 16,164 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Nick: You know.... Not long ago Matt.... He did something weird with my mind... Something where he implanted some kind of memories... just... nothing really important right now.... But would that Theoretically be possible the other way around? Sharing some kind of information with someone else by mere touch?

Master Millier: Affirmative. Send over any Prisoners if possible
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    alex: well...i have the ability to enter someone else's mind to view thoughts, feeling, memories...if you have enough control over your own thoughts to show only the ones you want me to see, i could do that - but you would have to either push the specific memories past your mental barriers or lower them and trust me to only look at the ones you guide me to​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    Nick: I think I have enough control. Plus there are things in my mind i kinda don't want anyone else to see. but desperate times call for desperate measures. What do you think would be more appropriate... For a theoretical situation of course.
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    hoan113hoan113 Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    jakara: looks like a few clicks east of here. *she points to the town in the distance.*
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    have you ever done enough mental exercise and defense-building to be able to retreat into your own mind and create a sort of...mental 'safe space' where you can properly sort and store memories and also erect defenses over them? i know my description sucks, but...if you have it, you know what i'm talking about regardless

bloodhoof: acknowledged - sending prisoners over now *and with that, the terrans are all beamed over to the mobile base*​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Nick: I would say so... and yes. your description does suck.

Briana: Lets get going then *Starts to walk*
  • Options
    alex: well, in that case...*he locks eyes with nick and incants 'Legilimens' and finds himself in...?*​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    icerose20icerose20 Member Posts: 18,379 Arc User
    RAdm Rose: I guess i'll stay here.

Nyssa walks out with the group: At least its not Drozana, or that place my last boyfriend took me.
    Ancient Griffon insult

That one is so stupid, he lost a Rock/Paper/Scissors game to a Pony.
  • Options
    (I did send you something. do you not check DMs? also when you say "finds himself in" You're asking me to describe that sorta imagined "safe space" In his mind, right?)
  • Options
    (you know, those prisoners were beamed over)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Master Miller: Prisoners secured. We'll do what we can with them.

Briana: Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeah.... Stay far, far away from Drozana...
  • Options
    (unless you're looking for a kinky fun time)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    hoan113hoan113 Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    jakara: *walks with briana.* yeah drozana is a TRIBBLE hole. at least this town isnt to far.
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,227 Arc User
    Jessica: *sighs* Well I guess its just you and me. I asked Seventeen to come back from a patrol she was on nearby but it will be a bit before she gets here.

Jamie: Where was it your boyfriend took you? *he looks a bit curious though his mask hides his expression*
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,050 Community Moderator
    *Meanwhile, back on the station with Krystal, random systems start going heywire in random places. No descernable pattern, and never anywhere near any potential sightings of the escaped redhead. Krystal's been making HEAVY use of Brexan's engineering experience to make life miserable for the Terrans, thankful they never figured out she was a Joined Trill. On top of that... a strange beeping signal goes off every once in a while in a pattern. No words, possibly a malfunction. After all... nobody uses Morse Code these days to send a distress call. Too primitive.*
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    (kinda not very useful unless she's sending it over subspace, though)

bloodhoof: if we're finished here, on to the next target?​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Nyssa: Nothing, I said nothing.

RAdm Rose: We still got the problem with the sabetour.
    Ancient Griffon insult

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,050 Community Moderator
    (Brexan was an Engineer. Krystal's got a few tricks up her sleeve. She's banking on it being considered a malfunction or background noise, meaning they might not prioritize it.)
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    Jessica: O'Ryan keep an eye out on lifesigns around the station and find out who avoids the trip to sickbay for the fake inoculation. We'll scan each person discreetly who enters sickbay for their dimensional signature.

Jamie: Come on sis you can tell me.

*Ethrit keeps an eye out just in case there's any dangers as they walk*

*The Terrans start investigating their consoles before using them after the first few explosions. Mirror Reina returns to her throne the next morning looking at Mirror Krystal*

Mirror Reina: It appears your counterpart is quite the sly fox. I've got all of the Tyrants on alert for her but she's too fast for a normal one to catch her. We're still narrowing down the areas she can move in however. I'd appreciate it if you could do something about her acts of sabotage however.
  • Options
    Mirror Krystal: *thoughtful pose* Something's not adding up though. These acts of sabotage... this is not the work of a Tactical officer like our intel led us to believe. And you're right. She's much faster than she should be. Also... there have been some anomalous reports of... water. Doesn't make any sense. No descernable source but every once in a while... a Tyrant is either soaked or we find water in the jefferies tubes. Any ideas on that one?
    *Looks at Mirror Reina*
    And if you're gonna kill someone for this oversight in Intel... can I watch?
  • Options
    Briana: *Continues to walk*

Master Miller: Intel teams are reporting in an outpost right outside the badlands
  • Options
    bloodhoof: your intel teams work fast...we've barely been here half an hour - what are the outpost's defenses and garrison composition, if any, and space or ground-based installation?​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Master Miller: They're working under cloak. They report a small listening post, minimally armed, scans show 40 people on that outpost. there is however an Odyssey Dreadnought Cruiser there along with 2 escorts and 10 to 15 frigates. they seem to be getting ready to head into the badlands themselves.
  • Options
    Mirror Reina: *her tail swishes playfully* You may... But I suspect this isn't enough to pin down on a single member of intel. Your species are trill correct? Don't they have some kind of... Parasite? That can be transferred between hosts? I remember Eight mentioning something like that once. and I suspect that unlike you perhaps her magic is water based. Either that or she modified the replicators for something like that.
  • Options
    bloodhoof: ...an odyssey? our forces aren't strong enough to take that on by itself without some very clever tactics or internal 'aid' (see: sabotage) never mind with an escort - even with one of our bomber quantums being equivalent in destructive power to around 5 mark 8 starfleet quantums and the capital version being equal to 15 mark 13 starfleet quantums, we'd still need to get the shields down for maximum effect, and that would take some time, during which that ship and its escort could badly deplete our forces

(given a TNG photon has a standard yield of 64 Mt and i remember reading somewhere in beta canon material that quantums are usually twice as powerful, so 128 Mt for a TNG quantum at standard yield, and mark 8 in STO is roughly equivalent to TNG since that's the mark the equipment is on the T4 galaxy, defiant and intrepid, an imperium naquadah-infused rawulf bomber micro-quantum would thus have a yield of 640 Mt

now trying to figure out yields for STO mk 13 torps...that's the tricky part, especially given the massive upswing in damage mk 13 weapons get compared to mk 12, since it's no longer on the linear curve past 12)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    sevenofnine13141sevenofnine13141 Member Posts: 4,272 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Prime Raneson: Then let's crash their party, shall we? We can take that outpost down and prevent it from ever becoming a threat.... I may have a way of destroying that Oddy dreadnought, as well.

(I assume Mk 13 torps have a yield of anywhere between 800 Mt and 1,000 Mt.)
    | State of the Federation |
    The German Empire
    Founded 2413
    Leader: S. Raneson
    de_pr2.gif
  • Options
    Mirror Krystal: Symbiotes. *slightly annoyed tone for a moment*

And yea... they can be. And... water based magic? Where would she have gotten that? Before I met you I had no magical aptitude. And I don't think she got it from her Reina. But if she does have water magic... she could potentially break through the gas we're using to corner her. Douse the area, and rush through before it builds up again. Or maybe even develop some kind of shield to counteract the gas. But it all depends on her skill level if she does have magic. As for the replicators... its possible. We have been experiencing a lot of malfunctions since she escaped.

Either way... this has actually been kinda entertaining. I'll try to get ahead of her if I can.
  • Options
    Nyssa: Rather not say anything about it, Jamie. He already suffered some harmful frostbite from the TRIBBLE he tried to pull.

Inspection going on as we speak

Frar looking over who could have had the proper clearance to do this.
    Ancient Griffon insult

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Mirror Reina: Forgive the mistake. *she looks thoughtful* If something moves through the gas we can still detect that its being displaced. even if she shields herself or tries to fake it out we would know her general area once she attempts it. And Its possible one of the mutts taught her. I believe intel mentioned some very powerful werewolves that are apt with magic I'd say its possible they taught her instead. though it appears they didn't teach my counterpart since she had little idea what she was doing. And be careful. She's likely to attack you on sight and I'd rather not lose you. I'd rather not kill her but you can get lethal if your life is in danger.

Jamie: I'd probably have done a bit worse.

*There are a few people not lining up for sickbay yet but nothing concrete just a few officers known for dodging physicals prior to this incident but its worth investigating them more closely. no one seems to be from the mirror universe so far who has been scanned*