test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    they claim apple pie as a national food, despite the dish existing long before that...we call that 'stealing'​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    nickkyana#2794 nickkyana Member Posts: 16,153 Arc User
    Briana: so like.... how Britain stole tea and essentially made it their national drink?
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    possibly...i don't know which country was the first to make a drink from tea leaves​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    Briana: China was.
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    of course they were...​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Briana: Yep..... Emperor Shen Nung is credited with discovering Tea.
  • Options
    icerose20icerose20 Member Posts: 18,379 Arc User
    ONyssa: Yeah, a Chinese emperor who never visited Yunnan claims to discover tea. Thats like Paddy from the Pub saying he discovered you can make Beer from Potatoes.
    Ancient Griffon insult

That one is so stupid, he lost a Rock/Paper/Scissors game to a Pony.
  • Options
    see...this is what we SHOULD be using time travel for - historical research to find all this shirt out​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Briana: *Crosses her arms at Nyssa's Paddy comment* Aaaaanyways....
  • Options
    yeah...*he turns* OI! what's the hold-up on the food?​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    sevenofnine13141sevenofnine13141 Member Posts: 4,272 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Prime Raneson: While I am uncertain as to the... validity of Shen Nung's claim... Tea had to have come from Asia at the very least, since it did not reach Europe until 1610, and it didn't have widespread continental use until the 1700s.
    Oynx: Yeaaah, what is taking that food so long?
    | State of the Federation |
    The German Empire
    Founded 2413
    Leader: S. Raneson
    de_pr2.gif
  • Options
    ONyssa: Becuase it takes time to cook food, especailly if you smoke it. Also, the rest of our extended family is not here. After all, kids are harder to corral then cats.
    Ancient Griffon insult

• Options
    Briana: *Shrugs* Food takes time?
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    ONyssa: Also, we dont have any rolls, or chips, or salad, or dip. instead of compalining, could make yourself useful and get those things.
    Ancient Griffon insult

• Options
    i'm not your dog; i have no intention of 'fetching' anything - i was told to bring one thing and i brought it...those things were someone else's responsibility​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    ONyssa: So stop complaining,
    Ancient Griffon insult

• Options
    Briana: You alright, Nyssa?...
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    ONyssa: Fine. I'll go get some chips and dip. (She walks off the holodeck to get some chips and dip.)

She walks around gathering the chips and dip, but muttering: Always have to complain, Alex.
    Post edited by icerose20 on
    Ancient Griffon insult

• Options
    (*prods limp thread with stick* it's dead, jim)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Briana: Soooo.... anyone have anything to talk about that isnt food related?
  • Options
    well...we can always discuss what we're going to do about the hur'q while you're off gallivanting through another galaxy wreaking havoc; i still need to...repay...them for destroying my ship - and nearly the entire system with it​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    hoan113hoan113 Member Posts: 5,901 Arc User
    jakara: mind if i pop in on that little excursion of yours some time briana? sounds pretty fun.
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
  • Options
    Briana: Sure, Jakara *Smiles* and for the Hur'q thing, maybe I'll be back in time to help out...
  • Options
    and it'll probably take a month or two for everyone to decide what to do about our dominion guests and how to deal with the hur'q, so...activity will likely be low for a time - which means i'll have nothing to do

maybe i'll spend the month expanding my territory; i sent out scouts back when i first scouted out an empty part of space to claim to make sure it actually WAS empty - out to a radius of 200 lightyears - and in the process, i found some interesting systems in that radius that warrant further examination​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Briana: Oh?... What was so interesting about them?
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    well, aside from a few systems with black holes in them - which are major resource sites as well as optimal locations to build research stations devoted to physics - some i recognize from ancient databases as being locations that had stargates seeded on them - which means they may hold other ancient bases full of tech or weapons, one had an active neutron star - a pulsar, in other words - and others had potentially large stockpiles of mineral wealth, based on the limited scans that were taken, one system appeared to be a stellar nursery with accompanying nebula, so i bet the federation would love to get a ship out there

and two systems had pre-warp civilizations on them​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Briana: that does sound pretty good. Maybe I'll be able to read about whatever you found when i get back
  • Options
    ONyssa comes back in with torilla chips, potato chips, some ranch dip and salsa, on a grav sled she is pushing.

ONyssa: Ok, i got the chips and dip, what else?
    Ancient Griffon insult

• Options
    yeah, the black holes especially i need to secure as soon as possible, because that's where my main supply of dark matter comes from​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Briana: Uh-huh, pretty neat. Like i said I'll read about it eventually... *Looks at Nyssa* Do uhh... you need any help?