Install Arc
Options

Ker'rat...time to shut it down?

Comments

• Options
    jaydenomega812jaydenomega812 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    mimey2 wrote: »
    Ok, so from your non-paragraphed posts I seem to basically be getting the following points:

"Scimitar should be uber because Nemesis (it only appeared in Nemesis btw, never any other show or movie) showed it as uber."

"Fed farmers keep Exchange prices low, and I should be allowed to farm in peace."

"People go out of their way to bully me, and kill me."

"I don't want to have to adapt or change my build at all."

"Other people cloaking is bad, my cloaking is ok."

Am I missing anything?

ah yes...because cloaking helps me to fight borg i think you missed that part of it. think about it....1+1=2 not 3. to paraphase it all...feds attack borg, kdf attack feds. the cease fire is useless cause this is all just a simulation yet with real people involved and going outside of the cookie cutter build for a scimterd will get you killed. which strangely enough all the cookie cutter builds of ships were not how they worked in the shows and movies. just more disconnect between what is and what was coming out. in a game you need a farming zone to collect assets but in shows ummm errr where is ker'rat and what happened there?
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    ah yes...because cloaking helps me to fight borg i think you missed that part of it. think about it....1+1=2 not 3. to paraphase it all...feds attack borg, kdf attack feds. the cease fire is useless cause this is all just a simulation yet with real people involved and going outside of the cookie cutter build for a scimterd will get you killed. which strangely enough all the cookie cutter builds of ships were not how they worked in the shows and movies. just more disconnect between what is and what was coming out. in a game you need a farming zone to collect assets but in shows ummm errr where is ker'rat and what happened there?

So uh...where in the shows were the Feds farming like you want to do?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Of the 97 ships (not counting smallcraft) I've flown in this game, I have not flown a Scimitar. Based on my experience having flown those 97 ships...I still wouldn't recommend a build to anybody. However, it's quite obvious when somebody is having issues and needs to be pointed to some of the folks that are more than happy to recommend builds to folks. You need help...

yes how do i make my build cookie cutter cause the devs made the game that way? oh wait...i know...hax2bat's, dem, faw, beams, and circle jerks.......that's the only way to win is by going cookie cutter.....highly recommended by the funnest of all game enthusiasts. don't branch out, don't try something new just stick to the cookie cutter cause we all know that living in a utopian society like george orwell's 1984 is fun for all.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    So uh...where in the shows were the Feds farming like you want to do?

to get down to the nitty gritty of it.......game aspect only to collect assets. so if we here to make a game then i got some great ideas for that...but since they branded this game star trek it needs to follow that brand. if they wanted to make fun for all then it should be called starquest or something generic there of. so tell me then why ker'rat should be in here at all cause you've still failed.
  • Options
    alethkiraenalethkiraen Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Because when people go to the open PvP zone of Kerrat expecting to be able to farm their way to riches without incident only to be ganked again and again we get to see wonderful threads like this one.
    fRhmZXV.gif
    To boldly funk where no-one has funked before.
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Plenty of other places in the game already to farm Dil without being attacked by other players.

Alhena - 5 minutes of play = 480 Dil.
    Traelus - 5 minutes of play = 480 Dil.
    Defera Dailies - ~35 minutes of play = 2400 Dil.
    DOFF Assignments - At most ten clicks of a mouse for various amounts of Dil.

Been doing these for a long time now about once or twice a week and have no problems acquiring the Dil I want to be able to play how I want.

As to Fed farming supporting the Exchange. For the life of me I cannot see any logic at all in this statement. I try to acquire enough Dil to purchase and sell one or two Master Keys per week. With three toons, one Rommie and two KDF. No Feds involved at all in this. Same with crafting items for sale on the Exchange. Haven't touched my Feds in months. So, the Exchange can be supported without Feds farming Ker'rat. Hmm...

Ker'rat is clearly marked as a PvP zone. Always has been. Until the Devs change things this will continue. Players are informed of this prior to going in. So all this anguish displayed over Mean People shooting at someone else in Ker'rat is entirely self-inflicted. Nowhere in the ToS does it state anyone is under any obligation to defend someone else from their own willful ignorance.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    yes how do i make my build cookie cutter cause the devs made the game that way? oh wait...i know...hax2bat's, dem, faw, beams, and circle jerks.......that's the only way to win is by going cookie cutter.....highly recommended by the funnest of all game enthusiasts. don't branch out, don't try something new just stick to the cookie cutter cause we all know that living in a utopian society like george orwell's 1984 is fun for all.

Who said anything about going with a cookie cutter build? If what you've got is not working, then it's what you've got that's not working - you need to fix that, not change everything else in the game to suit what you want to do. You adapt.
  • Options
    lystentlystent Member Posts: 1,019
    edited June 2014
    Of what I know, Ker'rat is the only place in the game with 3-way brawling.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Because when people go to the open PvP zone of Kerrat expecting to be able to farm their way to riches without incident only to be ganked again and again we get to see wonderful threads like this one.

and the true problem of ker'rat. you want to test your build against other player ships then go to the arena. you want to farm....well you go to ker'rat cause no where else is there that ec farming can be done so rapidly. its because of the difficulty level of attacking borg cubes that mk xii rare drops occur and for people coming up in the game they need those till they can get fleet stuff. IF THE DEVS WANTED TO APPROACH THIS GAME AS A GAME THAT YET FOLLOW THE BRAND AS WELL THEN TAKE PVP OUT OF KER'RAT LEAVE IT IN THE ARENAS AND IF YOU WANT TO PRE-TEST YOUR BUILD(S) BEFORE GOING TO THE ARENAS THEN YOU NEED TO BE ABLE TO ATTACK NPC'S SHIPS THAT ARE JUST AS CAPABLE AS PLAYER SHIPS.....THE LAST PART WE KNOW DOESN'T EXIST IN THIS GAME. nps'c can't alpha gank bo3 or tachyon detection grid and very few and far between do they have the ability to viral matrix. a combination of pvp and pve though is too much. cause your either setup for pve or pvp there is no viable in between given the game current setup. i unlike the enterprise can not have and endless course of action against an enemy ship cause in the game its heat of the moment not wait and formulate a plan.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Who said anything about going with a cookie cutter build? If what you've got is not working, then it's what you've got that's not working - you need to fix that, not change everything else in the game to suit what you want to do. You adapt.

what do i adapt to though...the bopper, the tank, the sci haxor, or the borg cube? and how often can i adapt before i meet my death from surprise attack? sure i can die adapt then find them to see how my adapting works but chances are since im fed and there kdf there cloaked and gone by the time ive adapted......derp
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    skollulfr wrote: »
    A) its fun to fight in spaceships
    B) its canon for these ships to fight with and against eachother
    C) its perfectly capable of existing without the roleplay police deciding if it fits their myopic declaration that everything needs to be justified by the story.

as for cookie cutter... this what i have been killing people with. not brilliantly, but then im not great at pvp in this game.

no myopic declaration needed. look at the name.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    what do i adapt to though...the bopper, the tank, the sci haxor, or the borg cube? and how often can i adapt before i meet my death from surprise attack? sure i can die adapt then find them to see how my adapting works but chances are since im fed and there kdf there cloaked and gone by the time ive adapted......derp

You stated you were having issues with the Borg themselves, even outside of the PvP taking place around you - that you had an issue there. They're static - you can adapt to that. So wouldn't you start there? Stay cloaked and fly around Ker'rat, look at what some of the other Fed Scimitars that are farming are doing. Look at their buff cycles - see where they're not having issues where you are...if you don't just want to ask them outright for suggestions on a build. And just because they offer suggestions, doesn't mean you have to end up flying some cookie cutter build.

But again, what do you know about the Borg right off the back, eh?

Assimilate - TT, Borg 3pc, and WCE Cleanse
    Shield Neutralizer - HE, Borg 3pc, and WCE Cleanse
    DoTs out the wahzoo - HE, Borg 3pc, and WCE Cleanse

That's not saying you need to run the Borg 3pc, btw, it's just listing things that can help deal with what the Borg are going to be doing.

Then you think about what two of those are going to be doing - doing hull damage or increasing hull damage. So what's your damage resistance look like? What consoles are you sporting? What skills do you have? What Traits did you take? What heals are you running?

And you go through looking at everything you've got - what you're running - and - how it's actually helping you as opposed to how you may just think it's helping you.

You'll find that a bunch of the things that you do to help you with the Borg are also going to help you against other players. But if you can't even deal with the Borg, you don't stand a chance against the players...

It comes down to you have to be willing to try...if you're not, then it's pointless. Just complain then...see where it gets you, eh?
  • Options
    ankokunekoankokuneko Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    the biggest problem with kerrat is you can not switch zones and you can not switch sides like you used too
    jFriX.png
  • Options
    marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    SCimitar should be most feared ship in game as it was in shows and movies not a jem bug that crashes into everything. but some how things got lost in translation of trying to stay true to the star trek everything and making a fun game. and i do go there to farm but given that i do so quite often i recognize the names of players that come in to harrass and bully and interupt my farming. so thats why ill alpha decloak and sneak up on you sometimes. othertimes i stick to farming and let you all sit high above all the cubes and fight each other just when you get bored of that here you come trying to mess with me. and being in a scimitar i seem to get messed with more than any other cause i visible from so far away. and how many scimitars have you seen that dont pop fast especially when there gang banged? besides all that think about what the exchange would look like without fed farmers before you all think to ball together and go shooting. testing your zombie tanks, and super drain builds like you can't do it in the arena. there is a disconnect between so many things in the game and ker'rat is where it all comes up. like why are power insualtors weaker than flow capcitors? why are enhanced cloaks in the game? why is the scimitar visible from 50km away? why can a shuttle like the jem bug even equip dhc's?

Scimitar can be really OP in the right hands and has the most damage potential, but is also very vulnerable when decloaked for very long, your fault for being decloaked a lot and not having a getaway mechanism for when you are decloaked.

We aren't there to specifically bully and interrupt you, we are there to PVP in an open PVP zone, which many feds seem to want as they only pvp and don't farm there. So we are just giving the Feds what they want so they don't get bored. However this is your second thread complaining about Kerrat, so don't be surprised if that does make you more of a target.

As for the exchange, you fed farmers generating EC by vendoring/discarding loot create inflation, which is bad for the economy, so we are just helping the economy too by PVPing there.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    You stated you were having issues with the Borg themselves, even outside of the PvP taking place around you - that you had an issue there. They're static - you can adapt to that. So wouldn't you start there? Stay cloaked and fly around Ker'rat, look at what some of the other Fed Scimitars that are farming are doing. Look at their buff cycles - see where they're not having issues where you are...if you don't just want to ask them outright for suggestions on a build. And just because they offer suggestions, doesn't mean you have to end up flying some cookie cutter build.

But again, what do you know about the Borg right off the back, eh?

Assimilate - TT, Borg 3pc, and WCE Cleanse
    Shield Neutralizer - HE, Borg 3pc, and WCE Cleanse
    DoTs out the wahzoo - HE, Borg 3pc, and WCE Cleanse

That's not saying you need to run the Borg 3pc, btw, it's just listing things that can help deal with what the Borg are going to be doing.

Then you think about what two of those are going to be doing - doing hull damage or increasing hull damage. So what's your damage resistance look like? What consoles are you sporting? What skills do you have? What Traits did you take? What heals are you running?

And you go through looking at everything you've got - what you're running - and - how it's actually helping you as opposed to how you may just think it's helping you.

You'll find that a bunch of the things that you do to help you with the Borg are also going to help you against other players. But if you can't even deal with the Borg, you don't stand a chance against the players...

It comes down to you have to be willing to try...if you're not, then it's pointless. Just complain then...see where it gets you, eh?

hmmm....i appreciate your advice but i must say that im more than capable of adapting to borg to stay alive just fine versus them. the only ones i ahve trouble with are tac cubes and thats because by choice i run sci team instead of 2 he to help combat the bopper harrassment i receive in my scimitar while attacking borg cubes. otherwise....see here http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillplanner/?build=jaydenomegav202_0
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    skollulfr wrote: »
    i did. your reasoning was:

First "there is no RP reason for it"
    Second "i get pasted when im caught unaware trying to farm drops"
    Third, and the most annoying "omg dem vaper bop wolf-packs"
    And Last but not least "a PVP focussed fleet is there doing pvp"

heck, you admit you have difficulty dealing with undine PvE. this tells me there is a lot of stuff you still need to figure out ingame, and the cheese that kerrat throws at you may not be the best place to start.

one thing you may need to learn, is to team up and stick with your allies. since thats the only thing i have found to be any kind of defence against bop ganks.

to say that undine are easy and i can sit there attacking them without ever using an ability is an insult to the game and why they brought them into it to begin with. i choose not to insult the game in such a manner but im not like all people......see above if you have questions or comments about how i can't build something to blow up some ships.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Askray
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    ankokuneko wrote: »
    the biggest problem with kerrat is you can not switch zones and you can not switch sides like you used too

the switching zones is a big problem of ker'rat but why would you need or want to switch zones....cause there's a fedball or a kdfball looming on the horizon perhaps? yea probably. so why not jsut take the pvp out and leave it in the arena? simple fix. then too there might be more arena particiaption.
  • Options
    lystentlystent Member Posts: 1,019
    edited June 2014
    the switching zones is a big problem of ker'rat but why would you need or want to switch zones....cause there's a fedball or a kdfball looming on the horizon perhaps? yea probably. so why not jsut take the pvp out and leave it in the arena? simple fix. then too there might be more arena particiaption.

taking PvP out would result in the same sort of competition you would have in fleet actions: who could sink the most dough.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    lystent wrote: »
    taking PvP out would result in the same sort of competition you would have in fleet actions: who could sink the most dough.

as long as there not messing with the one true farming zone in the game i could care less. ill be the first to say it in this thread...i don't go to the arenas much cause i don't care to pvp. just in ker'rat when provoked i will defend myself the best i can but again where else can i just farm...no where.
  • Options
    fatman592fatman592 Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Ker'rat is a unique zone. For that reason alone, it should not be deleted. It's also a very fun place to play.

It's not our fault that you fly a Scimitar. Flying one puts a huge target on you. I mean, those monstrosities stick out like a sore thumb. There's only a couple players that I've seen fly a Scimitar effectively, and you never see them until you're nearly dead.

But please, quit coming to Ker'rat. My Fed will enjoy farming with one less person driving down the price of the farmed items. And my Klink will be happy to face one less ship in the fedball.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    These are the BOFF layouts for my eight guys...

TT1, HY2, TS3, APO3
    TT1

ET1, AtS1
    PH1, TSS2, HE3
    ST1, ST2

TS1, FAW1, APO1
    TT1, FAW1

EPtA1, EPtS2
    PH1, HE2, HE3, TR3
    ST1

TT1, FAW1
    EPtS1, AtS1
    EPtA1

TB1, Tach2, TR2, CPB3
    PH1, ST2, HE3

HY1, CRF1, APO1
    TT1

ET1, AtB1, EPtS3, DEM3
    EPtW1, AtB1

PH1, HE2

TT1, APD1
    ET1, ExS1, ExS2, AtS3
    EPtA1, RSP1, EPtS3

HE1, ST2
    PH1

TT1, CSV1, APO1, APO3
    TT1, TS2

EPtW1, EPtS2, AtS2
    ST1, HE2

TT1, TS2, APO1, APO3
    TT1, FAW1, FAW2

EPtS1, AtS1
    EPtW1

HE1, ST2

TT1, TS2, APO1, CRF3
    TT1, TS2, APO1

EPtS1, AtS1
    EPtW1

HE1, ST2

You'll note that four of the ships only have 2x Sci BOFF abilities, one has 3x, two have 5x, and one has 7x. So pointing to issues with the Borg while running just 2x Sci BOFF abilities definitely struck me as odd...
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    fatman592 wrote: »
    But please, quit coming to Ker'rat. My Fed will enjoy farming with one less person driving down the price of the farmed items.

Which is something that the OP is completely overlooking. You can't remove the PvP from Ker'rat. You could remove the shooting at one another, but the PvP would still exist.

The PvE aspect of the zone is not cooperative - it's competitive. Competitive PvE is still a form of PvP.
  • Options
    lagomorphiclagomorphic Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    If you don't like Ker'rat then stay out of Ker'rat. There's plenty of PVE only content for you to be bad at. No reason to spoil other peoples fun just because you can't handle a good ganking.
  • Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Its a PvP map. It holds danger. Learn to defend and fight, or farm elsewhere without pvp.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    bitemepwe wrote: »
    Its a PvP map. It holds danger. Learn to defend and fight, or farm elsewhere without pvp.

all the same stuff.....if you can't handle it then stay out of it but again i say to you where else can i farm? no where. there is another place for pvper's to pvp its called the arena. farming takes forever by doing stf's and the excess i cant do much with not to say i dont but just saying. i do a couple omega stf's the turn the marks in for dil ore yet get only 1 mk xii item to sell. do crystalline entity and the same. all those things have cooldown times too you know. so ker'rat is open season of farming yet with people people that like to repeatedly run up and gank to what test there build, run fed's out of ker'rat so they can farm, be mean?!?! i don't know...in all the time i've been going to ker'rat the only thing i can come up with is just to be mean but call it fun...seems to be true human nature. again...take pvp out of ker'rat leave it an open farming zone and if you want to test your build the devs need make strong npc's that can do all a player ship can so you can go there then go to the arena to be mean or have fun as some call it. cause otherwise ker'rat isn't relevant to the game at all...it does nothing for/from the storyline and is only there for asset collection because its a game.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    all the same stuff.....if you can't handle it then stay out of it but again i say to you where else can i farm? no where. there is another place for pvper's to pvp its called the arena. farming takes forever by doing stf's and the excess i cant do much with not to say i dont but just saying. i do a couple omega stf's the turn the marks in for dil ore yet get only 1 mk xii item to sell. do crystalline entity and the same. all those things have cooldown times too you know. so ker'rat is open season of farming yet with people people that like to repeatedly run up and gank to what test there build, run fed's out of ker'rat so they can farm, be mean?!?! i don't know...in all the time i've been going to ker'rat the only thing i can come up with is just to be mean but call it fun...seems to be true human nature. again...take pvp out of ker'rat leave it an open farming zone and if you want to test your build the devs need make strong npc's that can do all a player ship can so you can go there then go to the arena to be mean or have fun as some call it. cause otherwise ker'rat isn't relevant to the game at all...it does nothing for/from the storyline and is only there for asset collection because its a game.

Again, the rewards - the loot - in Ker'rat is based on the map being a PvPvE zone. If they removed the PvP, they would need to reduce the rewards. The Borg that are there would not provide the challenge alone to provide the rewards that Ker'rat does.

And there are plenty of places to farm that there are no CDs - there are plenty of places where even with CDs, you can farm across multiple toons, etc, etc, etc.