What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ker'rat...time to shut it down?

Comments

• Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Wow, complaining about the B'rel of all things? Like VD said: KDF Boogeyman. I think I know who you are as well, probably blown you up in my own B'rel.

*chuckles* Your OP is basically 'I got killed a lot in Ker'rat, so because I can't have any fun, nobody should!'

Instead of complaining that you died, ask what the person that killed you did, and try to learn something from it.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The Borg attack all over the place with a few exceptions.

However, the Borg should be buffed to reflect the average power level of folks there - they're just so flimsy compared to where a PvP player is...
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    mimey2 wrote: »
    Instead of complaining that you died, ask what the person that killed you did, and try to learn something from it.

But he knows - he does much of the same from his Scimitar - he just doesn't like when somebody gets away (it's fine for him to get away) - he just doesn't like when somebody does a surprise attack (it's fine for him to do surprise attacks) - he just doesn't like it when he's outnumbered (it's fine when he's with a group that outnumbers)...etc, etc, etc...
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I don't think I ever done Ker'rat. I'm not interested. And I don't think I was ever interested in pve-p in any games.

However, considering Ker'rat is far from op for anything, and some people enjoy it, why remove it ? As for the cease fire between the 2 factions, just say it's a holodeck simulation.

So, even if I will probably never go there, I don't want them to remove it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    alexvio1 wrote: »
    It's not fun for feds.

I beg to differ.
  • Options
    peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited June 2014

...just because new rides are added - doesn't mean you can't go back and ride the old rides...

Sometimes it does, but that is another conversation.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    But he knows - he does much of the same from his Scimitar - he just doesn't like when somebody gets away (it's fine for him to get away) - he just doesn't like when somebody does a surprise attack (it's fine for him to do surprise attacks) - he just doesn't like it when he's outnumbered (it's fine when he's with a group that outnumbers)...etc, etc, etc...

Ooh, then I think I really do know who this guy is, presuming I am thinking right. Sheesh, that explains it a lot better then.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    You know I see why the Ker'rat space war zone was created. A big place for people to attack borg cubes and get loot as well as test builds/new toys. But, it seems anymore that the zone has outlived its purpose.

First, and most obviously the FED's and KDF's are no longer at war.....why are we pretending that they are? I just find it mind blowing.

Second, how am I supposed to get drops when someone that choose the KDF side runs up on me and uses Beam Overload 3 to deal an utterly too swift blow (60k+ hit) that instantly destroys my ship.

Third, and the most annoying thing in the zone is the bop ship...T'varo/B'rel (apparently only the KDF side chooses these ships) and there seems to be a growing number of them. All the people piloting those things do is launch transphasics and destabilized plasma torpedos along with use grav wells, viral matrix, scramble sensors/jam sensors and in the T'varo singulairty jump to decloak you when you try to just get away from there stupidty all the while never staying decloaked for more than 2 seconds. And just when you think you can get them and keep them uncloaked by putting a tractor beam or grav well on them there 25 km away from you in the blink of an eye. Whoever, made this ship seriously has a twisted sense of humor cause none of it I find funny at all. The ship's 'enhanced cloak' that allows for the above mentioned stupidity to happen needs to be taken out of the game.

And Last but not least.....seems anymore that the zone is a haven for a certain fleet on the KDF side to send in patrols to see how many are in the zone and how easily they can be defeated. Then the rest of the fleet rolls in and forms a huge ball of them and continually blows up all ships except borg till they all FED's leave, switch to another zone and do the same thing. Here's the golden kicker of it....why is this apparently the one map in all of STO that i can not switch zones. I have to find a friend in a diffferent zone, team them then switch....why can't I just switch without all the pomp and circumstance?

So why I ask you is this zone even relevant anymore? The only relevance I know of is for looting which is why I go. I have options like the new undine zone but frankly the yellow puddles annoy me and the ability they have to slip into undine space and be untargettable. Otherwise all the STF"s are the same thing over and over and the new ones are just awful too. Getting hit by a meteor and instapop?!?!

All the reasons you listed are why Kerrat is fun. Don't like it? Leave. If you farm there, you are a big "shoot me' sign. We have a saying...

Welcome to Kerrat.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    ehrlehnehrlehn Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    i run my Fed and my KDF there, have alot of fun in each. Calling for Ker'rat to be removed because you don't have the awareness, or skillset, or.... whatever, is ridiculous as there are other areas to farm.

it is an open PVP area, build to deal with it or don't come there, it's quite simple....and at this point you should have learned that BFAWing Scora's feedback pulse results in the rapid expansion of your ships previously coherant pixels.... yet time and time again... lol.

Defiinition of insanity: Doing the same thing over and over, and expecting a different result. Just sayin.

regards,

Derrick

Derrick - Fed Eng
  • Options
    jaydenomega812jaydenomega812 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    You have made an excellent case for why you might not want to go there anymore.

But you haven't made a case for why it needs to be removed? Just because you don't want it doesn't mean it has to go, does it? Have you never considered that the people that some of the people that play there and fight each other (vaping other ships, evading vapes, communicating populations and what not) are actually greatly enjoying that aspect?

That's just it though....there is an arnea for that which seems to be always empty and takes at least 3 minutes waiting in a que to get a spot. And the purpose of this post is to 1 see who feels the same way and 2 to figure out why its relevant anymore.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    takes at least 3 minutes waiting

That's what society has become... :(
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    blahhdrey wrote: »
    My mighty and incredibly op Norgh (:P) has been the source of a bit of rage as well.

--

I'll never understand why people insist on complaining about war in a war zone. It's a place outside of time, existing in its own little pocket reality. Danger lurks in forms both unseen and apparent, and your survival is entirely dependent on your own competence (or the fickle hand of fortune). What happens in Ker'rat ought to stay in Ker'rat.

Sometimes you'll have a 15-1 advantage, sometimes you'll be at a 1-15 disadvantage. Once in a while you'll be in an epic brawl. Regardless, it's a place for people to throw down - farm at your own risk.

True yet when it's not more kdf then fed its just bopper being annoying. So why can't i farm in peace isn't it hard enough farming anyway without some bopper trying to vm me or throw a destabilized plasma torpedo while hazards is on cd and ive got borg shield neutralizer on me....and when it comes down to it. DOES ANYONE REALIZE WHAT THE EXCHANGE WOULD BE LIKE WITHOUT FEDS FARMING KER'RAT?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    isn't it hard enough farming anyway

If you've got problems farming the Borg without the PvP aspect, you've got problems that start long before you get to the PvP aspect...
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    scurry5 wrote: »
    The lore is easily explained away by the time 'desync' between missions. You know, how KDF can still take on "Destroy the Federation Vessels" missions. Even the Klingons doing mok'bara on Risa still refer to the Feds as their enemy.

As for your other points,

You can still attack cubes. You can still get loot. You can still test builds. How can one say that it's outlived its purpose?

Stay alert, keep defenses and resistances up. BO3 only goes above 60k+ on critical hits - or with an impressive level of minmaxing. That includes debuffed defense. They can be defended against.

I have had next to no problem with them in science vessels. Counter them using Grav Wells, and when they run, use the same ability they use to run and pursue. They're squishy. At worst, stick close to someone who can, if you don't want to bother.

Not being able to switch zones is a bummer. But it's a tad odd that you don't see friendly Feds coming in to make a fight of things. I've seen them. They aren't invisible.

The other relevance is free-form no-holds-barred PvP, with little-to-no consequence for dying.

You've given no evidence for irrelevance to the game at large. You've only given evidence for irrelevance to yourself.

So....I should switch my build and abilities to accomodate a grav well to decloak a bopper. Not sure what that's going to do cause we all know people just run thru grav wells and a grav well is not very helpful flattening borg squares. Besides that bops can run so fast even if there decloaked by a grav well they will still be far away before you can attack them. So again this ship sucks and so does it's mastermind. And how many times do I see them in pve...none.
    Otherwise I agree the switching zone numbers does suck major. That could used to be fixed no coubt. And yes we all know feds arent invisible its just kdf which 100% of there ships have cloaks only the cross factions ones people sometimes come in don't. But, it's the feds that are always doing the farming not KDF.....could you imagine what the exchange would be like if the feds left farming up to kdf. There would be 1 or 2 items of purple things and the prices so astronamically high that no one trying to progress thru the game would be able to afford anything good before being able to acquire fleet stuff or rep stuff. So....I never said the game at large was irrelevant just this zone the way it is currently strcutured. Give the kdf somewhere to collect and farm and the feds too...allowing us to switch zones would fix that. Cuase no where else is the game do pve enemies respawn so quickly. But, still yet though I don't know why the pvp part of it exists. Testing builds hooray but, that can be done in pvp arena which no one ever uses cause they can just go to ker'rat and search much faster. And since it is open zone you got to remember these are people....once they figure out they can beat you they generally do so again and again. Am I supposed to think that's fun getting made to believe my build is TRIBBLE, my game sucks TRIBBLE.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Lol...how did a Ker'rat thread get moved to the PvE forums?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    If you don't like it, then don't go to it. But don't remove it for those who still enjoy it on both sides.

The only reason I like ker'rat is for farming. no where else in the game does the pve enemy reswpan so quickly and i get to control how long i stay attcking them. thats why i go. otherwise the pvp side of it is to me stupid. want to test your build go to the arena. and branching off a comment earlier....a cease fire between the kdf and fed but that doesnt extend to kerrat or the kdf mission dailies to blow up fed ships and collect dil ore for doing so....does sound like a cease fire at all. if that how a cease fire works then the USA would be invading N.Korea already.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    marc8219 wrote: »
    You keep going in there in a Scimitar, which paints a big fat X on you and wonder why you die a lot. You aren't just there to farm either, you always try to decloak on us when you think the odds are in your favor but you still usually still end up popping fast. Just because things usually don't go your way in Kerrat does not mean it should be shut down, it means you should try a new strategy or go somewhere else.

SCimitar should be most feared ship in game as it was in shows and movies not a jem bug that crashes into everything. but some how things got lost in translation of trying to stay true to the star trek everything and making a fun game. and i do go there to farm but given that i do so quite often i recognize the names of players that come in to harrass and bully and interupt my farming. so thats why ill alpha decloak and sneak up on you sometimes. othertimes i stick to farming and let you all sit high above all the cubes and fight each other just when you get bored of that here you come trying to mess with me. and being in a scimitar i seem to get messed with more than any other cause i visible from so far away. and how many scimitars have you seen that dont pop fast especially when there gang banged? besides all that think about what the exchange would look like without fed farmers before you all think to ball together and go shooting. testing your zombie tanks, and super drain builds like you can't do it in the arena. there is a disconnect between so many things in the game and ker'rat is where it all comes up. like why are power insualtors weaker than flow capcitors? why are enhanced cloaks in the game? why is the scimitar visible from 50km away? why can a shuttle like the jem bug even equip dhc's?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Wow, complaining about the B'rel of all things? Like VD said: KDF Boogeyman. I think I know who you are as well, probably blown you up in my own B'rel.

*chuckles* Your OP is basically 'I got killed a lot in Ker'rat, so because I can't have any fun, nobody should!'

that would be wasy.....i stayed cloaked the enitre time and waited for you to get overwhelmed by borg then laucnhed a destabilized fully buffed plasma torpedo at you that hit you for 50k or i kept running circles around you while you were overwhelmed by other ships and laucnher my beta3 transphasic mines right on top of you.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    that would be wasy.....i stayed cloaked the enitre time and waited for you to get overwhelmed by borg then laucnhed a destabilized fully buffed plasma torpedo at you that hit you for 50k or i kept running circles around you while you were overwhelmed by other ships and laucnher my beta3 transphasic mines right on top of you.

If you were paying attention, you would have seen the Beachball the moment it was launched and destroyed. The splash from that explosion would have destroyed the T'varo as well.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    If you've got problems farming the Borg without the PvP aspect, you've got problems that start long before you get to the PvP aspect...

borg shield neutralizer and only 2 sci ability period but keeping one as sci team for the bopper that like to sub nuc while im flattening cubes and hazards on cd......i know 1+1=2 do you?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    If you were paying attention, you would have seen the Beachball the moment it was launched and destroyed. The splash from that explosion would have destroyed the T'varo as well.

how can i see it before it hits when they can launch it 3km away from me and its behind me while im flattening cubes. are you telling me i should change my strategy to forward facing the cube and camera facing behind? its TRIBBLE. take the pvp out make people actually use the arenas to test there builds and give me back a huge never ending zone of farming fun so i can buy more fun things.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    borg shield neutralizer and only 2 sci ability period but keeping one as sci team for the bopper that like to sub nuc while im flattening cubes and hazards on cd......i know 1+1=2 do you?

The BOFF layout for the Scimitar line of ships is...

X, X, X, X
    X, X
    X, X
    X, X, X
    X

...so uh, like I said - if you've got problems fighting the Borg (PvP removed) - then you're definitely going to have problems with the PvP there.

edit: You know that the Borg are going to Assimilate, Shield Neutralize, fill you up with Plasma DoTs...none of that's a surprise, so if you don't build for that when that's your planned activity - you've got nobody to blame but yourself. If you can't adapt to static PvE NPCs, how can you hope to adapt to dynamic PvP players?
  • Options
    lystentlystent Member Posts: 1,019
    edited June 2014
    Best to treat the game as a mash of different times. Take DS9 for example; you have DS9 folks on DS9, and you have DS9 folks on Bajor saying "We will retake DS9".
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Ok, so from your non-paragraphed posts I seem to basically be getting the following points:

"Scimitar should be uber because Nemesis (it only appeared in Nemesis btw, never any other show or movie) showed it as uber."

"Fed farmers keep Exchange prices low, and I should be allowed to farm in peace."

"People go out of their way to bully me, and kill me."

"I don't want to have to adapt or change my build at all."

"Other people cloaking is bad, my cloaking is ok."

Am I missing anything?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Ooh, then I think I really do know who this guy is, presuming I am thinking right. Sheesh, that explains it a lot better then.

And there you have it....Ker'rat is the same group of people thinking there elistists over everyone else in the game and only they can play sto the best. You think that's fun for me to feel? So keep talking about me like you know me cause it just shows one of the true problems of ker'rat and the game in general.
  • Options
    mindsharpmindsharp Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    You know this poor fellow was subjected to the horrible onslaught of the evul fleet that everyone hates the night before this thread. You should all cut him a little slack.:rolleyes:
    Karrock/Karreck/Darth Karrock/Unspoken
    House of Beautiful Orions
    PUNISH THE FEDs
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    The BOFF layout for the Scimitar line of ships is...

X, X, X, X
    X, X
    X, X
    X, X, X
    X

...so uh, like I said - if you've got problems fighting the Borg (PvP removed) - then you're definitely going to have problems with the PvP there.

right because in a scimitar having sci abilities is more important than having eng abilities. so tell me you've driven a scimi and i'll call you a liar.
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,541 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Ok, so from your non-paragraphed posts I seem to basically be getting the following points:

"Scimitar should be uber because Nemesis (it only appeared in Nemesis btw, never any other show or movie) showed it as uber."

"Fed farmers keep Exchange prices low, and I should be allowed to farm in peace."

"People go out of their way to bully me, and kill me."

"I don't want to have to adapt or change my build at all."

"Other people cloaking is bad, my cloaking is ok."

Am I missing anything?

You forgot one, I think - Obvious troll is obvious. ;)
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    right because in a scimitar having sci abilities is more important than having eng abilities. so tell me you've driven a scimi and i'll call you a liar.

Of the 97 ships (not counting smallcraft) I've flown in this game, I have not flown a Scimitar. Based on my experience having flown those 97 ships...I still wouldn't recommend a build to anybody. However, it's quite obvious when somebody is having issues and needs to be pointed to some of the folks that are more than happy to recommend builds to folks. You need help...