Install Arc
Options

PVE Boot Camp

12346»

Comments

• Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Boy, this was a fun read, gotta say. Surprised it is still open though.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    hpgibbshpgibbs Member Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I don't know why it's still open either! I must admit that I am (and others in my fleet) as well as others are having fun
    The Grate Lorde Cheesus
    Ship build coordinator for The Breakfast Club http://WWW.TBCSTO.COM
    Doesn't Owe Anyone EC
    Kirks Prot
  • Options
    john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    jellico1 wrote: »

1. you corrected nothing I allowed you to speak your point of view at no time did you correct anything i said...you offered a differnt opinion
    ... telling him to equip all of his engineering consoles with universal consoles was a mistake imo and still is.

2. the student said he was broke so we worked around what he had and reccommended a differnt set up he could afford

kcb dbb 2 arrays foward/4 beam arrays aft

3. when his plasma hyper flux set was complete.... to add it to his ship with the torp aft

4 rsp seemed a much better choice over the eject warp plasma what he had even tho i reccomended dem3 and to fall back on rsp3 if he found out he had survival issues when he began running elite stfs which he siad he had very limited experence in

In closing i knew who you were and alowed you to sit in on the class....my mistake never expect it again

I expected you would at least tell the truth...it seems your incapable of that so you and your entire group are known for what you really are and deserve no further consideration

If you or any of your group was interested in helping new players.why dont you make your on training camp and help out ?

I think your group is doing what they do best

Trolling

1. PvE content in this game is easy as TRIBBLE if you don't suck and have the slightest clue how to build a ship. As such there is no need for armor consoles what so ever and any engineering slots should always be filled with unis, assuming the player can afford the right ones. If not sure tell him to toss some armors in there for the hell of it, but make it clear they are place holders.

2. I will put aside the idiocy of equiping DBBs and Beam Arrays together in that fashion, but why in the name of all that is holy would you put a KCB forward, EVER? It is a 360 degree weapon, you could have atleast given good enough advice as to tell him to stick it in the rear. The fact that you did not tells us allot about your skill level.

3. Better to not run the torpedo at all, but considering your other advice this isn't exactly that big a TRIBBLE up.

4. DEM3 should have been the way to go, I cannot fathom why an RSP3 would ever be needed for borg STFs.

What our group does best is inform people that your group doesn't have the slightest clue what they are doing and hopefully save some people from wasting there time learning how to build ships that are so poorly designed Elite STFs are actually hard.
    Look! Look what they did to the Arkif. http://www.omegaprimary.com/arkif/

I'm slapping my own face over and over again. What have they done? what have they done?! :eek:

I know, I was most enraged when I saw what they did to my poor Arkif. Such a beautiful ship to be so mistreated.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    The Ar'kif is too beautiful of a ship to be treated so poorly
    The Grate Lorde Cheesus
    Doesn't Owe Anyone EC
    Kirks Prot
  • Options
    johnstewardjohnsteward Member Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The better you get the worse the game will be so save yourself the trouble and forget about it. As soon as your good your actually be too good and after like 3 weeks of fun just killing everything over and over again it will just be stupid and no fun at all.

Just my personal 2 cents
  • Options
    tynnahtynnah Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The better you get the worse the game will be so save yourself the trouble and forget about it. As soon as your good your actually be too good and after like 3 weeks of fun just killing everything over and over again it will just be stupid and no fun at all.

Just my personal 2 cents

That's still no reason to teach people to be intentionally bad while passing them off as good builds.
  • Options
    transwarpfire80transwarpfire80 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    So Blake - since this entire STO universe has responded to your idiocy - I think you need to be told bluntly what's up.

1). You don't know the basics of stat building in STO thus you have no clue how to build a ship.

2). You absolutely believe your **** doesn't stink. It does.

3). Your website CORE VALUES talks about openness and letting others contribute their voices and opinions - at the least this makes you sir a hypocrite. At the most, its makes you a liar.

4). You have no self worth.

5). Apparently you enjoy talking down to others -especially those pointing out errors in your logic... there not opinions Blake - they are ERRORS you are committing to you own "students". In any country you would be fired for incompetence for that as a teacher.

6). Blake you love to hear your self talk - type - or essentially show you are a Type A Basketweaving fool - I am certain the only game you have conquered is Super Mario Bros.

7). Hey Blake have you ever heard of DEM 3 with FAW Technicians from B'Tran Cluster? Free Doffs? You did? Oh wait you ignored that too

8). We are right you are wrong.

9). Those who truly need help would do wise to seek it from others. Hell I might ask our friends here to start our own Boot Camp just to correct yours!!!

10). Although we are here for fun - this is an MMO that requires some success in order to be enjoyable - placing TRIBBLE gear and rainbow beams on a ship is detrimental to the player and his long-term commitment to the game. You can do better... You should let us help. Stop being a problem and start being a part of the solution

T'Lara
    The Breakfast Club Sr Intra-fleet Officer
  • Options
    alfiedonoalfiedono Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    You know someone is bad at the game when they don't know they are bad...and refuse to admit it when the world tells him so. To make matters worse, he tries converting new players into his bad player minions.

If we don't act fast, his minions will replicate like tribbles, and in due course STO's servers will be overrun by this bad player overlord and his horde of new player zombies...
  • Options
    deniedexistencedeniedexistence Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    So Blake - since this entire STO universe has responded to your idiocy - I think you need to be told bluntly what's up. ...

A bunch of awesome points that I second

T'Lara
    The Breakfast Club Sr Intra-fleet Officer

I just wanted to add, and further underscore this point. Who honestly thinks the need endgame gear to play story content? Apparently the stuff to, yanno, level your character TO endgame is too hard and can only be played after you get endgame gear...

Who needs logic...

Anyway, I second the motion of rolling a proper Boot Camp with people who actually know what they are doing, and if anyone who has been led astray by Blake's terribad builds, hit me up, my @handle is in my sig, I'll be more than happy to answer questions
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    alfiedono wrote: »
    You know someone is bad at the game when they don't know they are bad...and refuse to admit it when the world tells him so. To make matters worse, he tries converting new players into his bad player minions.

Kinda reminds me of people I've seen during my time playing STO's PvP. (Though that type exists in any multiplayer online game where 'I'm a good player, it's everyone else's fault' sort of thing.)

Anywho, would just like to say that as well, if anyone is interested, PvP Boot Camp will have a class next month. Yes, I know 'PvP', but I can't be any worse of a teacher than what has happened here.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    2 million EC for a fresh lv50 Build. Not that I dont believe a fresh level 50 wouldnt have that amount, but with that kind of money you could easily built quite the ship. 500k is more than enough for that.
    But seriously, why no storyline-gear? Do they level solely via Doff-System or did I miss something?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Hmmmmm...... Feet gear it is! Isn't from story line missions...... You can get fleet marks starting at level 20, costs only fleet credits and dil...... Viable for a fresh 50. Science build for under 2 mil EC? EASY! in all seriousness though, story line stuff is definitely needed. Heck, I still use a trinket or 2 from story line missions.
    The Grate Lorde Cheesus
    Doesn't Owe Anyone EC
    Kirks Prot
  • Options
    oricolawleoricolawle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    This thread is nearing perfection
    Main character: Lesasea@oricolawle

Leader of Quantum Mechanics

Member of DPS-30000
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I missed the claim that you need endgame gear to play the story missions. How could anyone possibly think that? Getting free, basic gear from replaying some of those missions should be PvE 101. Like, the first class should be a short list of missions to collect replay rewards from. I hope you like Step Between Stars and Fluid Dynamics, come back when you've got seven of those arrays and the Solonae set.
  • Options
    deniedexistencedeniedexistence Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    FPN, from post 136 on page 14, Blake laid down a challenge on building a sci ship for 2 mil EC, with certain stipulations

The build cannot exceed 2 Million EC.

We all know a new level 50 needs to be equipped to do even story missions.

So to be fair that means story mission items or reputation items cannot be used.

The goal is make a build that a new level 50 can use on a SCI ship directly after reaching level 50.

This build must be tanky and have enough DPS so the new VA can gather resource for upgrades.

yeah, everyone knows how hard story content is, yanno, the stuff we use to level characters anyway, but yeah, it soooo hard that you need endgame gear to play them

Give me a break
  • Options
    laheuganlaheugan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Aw gosh, take a bit of time to IRL and this happens.

I don't even want to begin... It's like no one sat down and thought about anything.
    "Seleste" - http://www.reddit.com/r/sto Fleet Officer
    Reddit Alert, Reddit Star Empire, House of Snoo, House of the Rising Snoo
    Good Builds: http://www.reddit.com/r/stobuilds/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sarcasmdetectorsarcasmdetector Member Posts: 1,176 Media Corps
    edited June 2014
    You know what's ironic about this whole thread? It's not just the "DPS guys" who are upset about this "PvE bootcamp"; you have random people from the community stumbling across this thread and just facepalming at the utter and blatant ignorance/misinformation that Omega Primary is trying to pass off as "good knowledge".

When the whole community is telling you that your builds are bad and that you are teaching bad information to new players; it's time for you to swallow your ego, step back, and re-evaluate what you are doing.

As fas as I and other are concerned, this PvE boot camp is a con and a scam.
  • Options
    nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    At first I thought it was a nice thing, but after reading a few posts and seen some builds from omega primary guys... no thank you, don't follow them, there are a lot of bad informations imho. I have to quote jena about this.
    vv
    You know what's ironic about this whole thread? It's not just the "DPS guys" who are upset about this "PvE bootcamp"; you have random people from the community stumbling across this thread and just facepalming at the utter and blatant ignorance/misinformation that Omega Primary is trying to pass off as "good knowledge".

When the whole community is telling you that your builds are bad and that you are teaching bad information to new players; it's time for you to swallow your ego, step back, and re-evaluate what you are doing.

As fas as I and other are concerned, this PvE boot camp is a con and a scam.
  • Options
    porchsongporchsong Member Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Woah, woah, woah. . . . hold on a minute. We still haven't addressed that the game engine is still not capable of firing 5 forward DHC's so you are wasting your 5th forward slot. And don't get me started with FawTards in PVP. And while we are on that, what the hell is up with all this wind outside--it's very annoying, and sometimes makes it hard to hear the person you are talking with. Wind: funny stuff when you think about it, but annoying nonetheless.

But enough with wind, what is really needed is to nerf the sh*t out of Bop's--I keep hoping with every weekly patch that my dreams will be met, but am constantly disappointed (well, the wind disappoints me too).
  • Options
    saxfiresaxfire Member Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    According to the info I were given, this PvE bootcamp is a joke, you will waste your time on useless builds and you will be misdirected, you're way better by joining to DPS-Public(Channel) and asking help from there, for pve, seiously even OrganizedPvP(Channel) can give better PvE information that this.

I do not support this, anybody supporting this is focusing their support to wrong place. And does not have my respect, or anybody's respect I respect or know.
    Say the word, it saves the world.
    CUUCUUMBEER! "-With slight partigen with it."
    Proud member or DPS-800 "-We kill dem mines with our scitter turrets."
  • Options
    hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It's not just the "DPS guys" who are upset about this "PvE bootcamp"; you have random people from the community stumbling across this thread and just facepalming at the utter and blatant ignorance/misinformation that Omega Primary is trying to pass off as "good knowledge".

Been trying to think of a way to say exactly what was said above.
    You act like it's just some elite group of DPSers who are upset.
    I've never even been on one of the DPS channels (just not that hardcore), and I don't fancy myself a build maker, or truth be told even half as "good" (subjectively) as most of those folks, so when even I can see how bad these builds are, and how bad the "advice" and "knowledge" you would appear to be passing on, added to all of your own extremely bad attitudes regarding any feedback ...

This whole endeavour is just a terrible, failed experiment. Next time Cryptic wants to support a PvE "Boot Camp" they should look into who it is they are asking to teach "fundamentals".
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Okay this thread has gotten so far out of hand that warnings are most likely coming down the pipe line.

Both sides of the fence are wrong on this thread especially in their handling of it. If the PvE bootcamp people wish to make a new thread, they will need to contact Smirk ahead of time to discuss the issues brought up in this thread.

/Closed
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

This discussion has been closed.