test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PVE Boot Camp

Comments

• hpgibbshpgibbs Member Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I doubt they have any updated builds. If you pull up the gateway on their fleet leader, the builds are so out of date, its sad.
    The Grate Lorde Cheesus
    Ship build coordinator for The Breakfast Club http://WWW.TBCSTO.COM
    Doesn't Owe Anyone EC
    Kirks Prot
  • jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited June 2014
    spencerb96 wrote: »
    If you think that a lvl 50 can't sustain power for that, you may need to evaluate how you setup your power levels and skill tree.

A lvl 50 can sustain that with a proper skill tree.

Gibbs tested the build to see, and parsed 6.2k, which is quite a bit higher than some of your fleeties that I've ran with that are using better gear on their ships. Better gear doesn't always make a player better.

If you put a crappy player in a well setup scimitar, they're not going to do so well, a fair bit relies the player's skill level.

8 beam arrays broadside new player level 50...no leach..no rep passives

This alone shows you now very little to nothing at all bout what a new player faces

whats your power level 60 ?

The only thing you trolls have is a build that couldnt be deleted or corrected........

its amazing gibbs does better dps in a noob build in a cruiser over his jem hadar attack ship which costs 500 million EC

wow you sure are the guys to come to for DPS huh
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
    edited June 2014
    http://i.imgur.com/13nTU0y.png

Whats that?

OH! THATS MY ATTACK SHIP'S DPS!
    there's more? OH! I'M RANKED NEARLY 1000 HIGHER THAN YOU!

Also, if you read the post about that cruiser, no leach, no passives, no reps, no traits outside of the ones you get off of your career.
    The Grate Lorde Cheesus
    Doesn't Owe Anyone EC
    Kirks Prot
  • tonyalmeida2tonyalmeida2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    how is this thread still open
    pvp = small package
    edited June 2014
    It's only open because this is Cryptic's lifeline to this failure called PvE BootCamp
    The Grate Lorde Cheesus
    Doesn't Owe Anyone EC
    Kirks Prot
  • woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    jellico1 wrote: »

This alone shows you now very little to nothing at all bout what a new player faces

And still, there is no problem. There might have been one in previous seasons, but now there isnt. Not with EptW and, what you seem to forget, the cruiser commands in this case. For a fresh lv50 they shine, for a geared lv50 they are... well, they are there.

You will have more fluctuation than a geared player, but you will still be better of with that than with your builds. 8 beams would be 70 energy drain, which can be compensated by simple overcap+skilled EPS-System (though, here your builds show only 6 points), add the cruiser command and its getting really simple. It wont have the same performance as a geared ship, but it will be more powerful than those builds.

Oh, and I forgot, these times you could also get plasma integrated cores (dropped ones), further strengthening the resistance. Which is not really needed, but still nice, if one would have problems.
    edited June 2014
    In that build I posted with 8 beams and a standard issue Mk X warp core, I didn't have any energy level troubles at all.
    The Grate Lorde Cheesus
    Doesn't Owe Anyone EC
    Kirks Prot
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    You can maintain power for an 8-beam broadside, even without the Leech. Starship Weapons Performance, Weapons System Efficiency, EPtW3, Warp Core Engineer. And Omega Weapon Amplifier once you're T2 Omega. Don't act like there's some kind of magic involved.
  • calv1701ecalv1701e Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2014

whats your power level 60 ?

The only thing you trolls have is a build that couldnt be deleted or corrected........

its amazing gibbs does better dps in a noob build in a cruiser over his jem hadar attack ship which costs 500 million EC

wow you sure are the guys to come to for DPS huh

for the love of god you dim whited moron wake up and give ur head a wobble these ppl are trying to help you try listening you might learn some thing end of rant
  • oricolawleoricolawle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Here's some real PvE Boot Camp for these people. Courtesy of moi.
    Main character: Lesasea@oricolawle

Leader of Quantum Mechanics

Member of DPS-30000
    edited June 2014
    That is beautiful!

well spoken Calv. Remember, whenever someone tries to help them, and it isn't what they want to hear, its immediately false in their minds
    The Grate Lorde Cheesus
    Doesn't Owe Anyone EC
    Kirks Prot
  • oricolawleoricolawle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    @Jellico1

CombatLogReader—Infected Space[2:07]— Dmg(DPS) —

Ambush@joh 4,288,756(34,310)

Nalah@lbz6 3,631,158(30,009)

Lesasea@oricolawle 2,677,179(21,765)

Woodwhity 2,157,805(18,286)

Ko'el@jellico1 1,466,660(11,924)

Yeah we're awful compared to you bruh
    Main character: Lesasea@oricolawle

Leader of Quantum Mechanics

Member of DPS-30000
  • blakes7tvseriesblakes7tvseries Member Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Thanks everyone for your post its nice to you motivated for a good cause.

Tuesday 9PM Central we are going to open the doors due to everyone interested.

We would like to see the community help make the PvE Science build class.

This effort has never claimed to be the best and no one person or group can know everything.

Our only claim has been we want to help others who are just starting to learn about the game.

Its hard to understand any effort and its even confusing when you have never been involved.

Going through our records we can see not one poster in this thread has attend a class.

So this will allow you to meet the instructors, take about abilities , skill points, and what gear is best.

So please put your best foot forward and find out who we are, what are views are so we can help new players.

5 million EC will be given to the greatest contributor.

Heres the challenge

1st Part
    Offer up a SCI ship build for a first time player and first time level 50.

The build has to survive Elite Cure, KIT, and ISE.

The build cannot exceed 2 Million EC.

We all know a new level 50 needs to be equipped to do even story missions.

So to be fair that means story mission items or reputation items cannot be used.

The goal is make a build that a new level 50 can use on a SCI ship directly after reaching level 50.

This build must be tanky and have enough DPS so the new VA can gather resource for upgrades.

2nd Part

The presenter must be able explain the build choices for Captain Skills, Boff Abilities, Weapons and equipment.

Science Powers - Explained
    BOFF Layout - Explained
    Weapons - Explained
    Skill Points -Explained

3rd Part
    The SCI build and the explanation of choices cannot include references for or towards PvP.

If you cannot attend we will have more community build events, that way not one person or group, but everyone will be responsible for PvE Boot Camp efforts.

Looking forward to meeting everyone and thank you now for your efforts towards helping others.
    download.jpg
    edited June 2014
    oricolawle wrote: »
    @Jellico1

CombatLogReader—Infected Space[2:07]— Dmg(DPS) —

Ambush@joh 4,288,756(34,310)

Nalah@lbz6 3,631,158(30,009)

Lesasea@oricolawle 2,677,179(21,765)

Woodwhity 2,157,805(18,286)

Ko'el@jellico1 1,466,660(11,924)

Yeah we're awful compared to you bruh

Before i went on this stf i said my dps was 12k....seems it didnt change even though there were what 3 scimitars in the group and a Ar'kif...it was Fun thanks for the run

My little hunter did as i expected it would ......the only non romulan ship in the stf with no universal consoles...im very pleased

• spencerb96spencerb96 Member Posts: 247 Media Corps
    edited June 2014
    Going through our records we can see not one poster in this thread has attend a class.

I just sat in your TS for an hour correcting the errors spewed from your coaches.

After the class, I brought one of the participants over to my fleet's TS, and helped him correctly setup his Monbosh.

What you guys suggested:
    2 DBB + KCB + Beam Array Fore
    3 Beam Arrays + Rom Torp Aft
    At one point, RSP3 was suggested, as was tss with A2B running.....

Fixed the build for them, and went in and we parsed his current DPS, he's anxious to see what it'll be upto once he has the build completed.
    ffluoti63bi9.png
    edited June 2014
    I forgot, your fleet believes that Scimitars are worthless and the DPS shouldn't be counted.
    The Grate Lorde Cheesus
    Doesn't Owe Anyone EC
    Kirks Prot
    edited June 2014
    my parser measures fun guys/.
    pvp = small package
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    After the class, I brought one of the participants over to my fleet's TS, and helped him correctly setup his Monbosh.

What you guys suggested:

wat

Why would anyone do that to a poor Monbosh?
  • opfleethealeropfleethealer Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    hpgibbs wrote: »
    I forgot, your fleet believes that Scimitars are worthless and the DPS shouldn't be counted.

I think you made your point that you don't like us, thats ok with us really!!

However at the same time you have become extremely unreliable as your motives are not to help others, but out of spite.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    This thread and some of the discussion tweaked my curiosity, so I hit up eight PUGs of ISE with eight of my guys (ninth guy's only L28).

Willard - 8640
    somebody - 6179
    somebody - 5115
    somebody - 3440
    somebody - 3355

Rave - 6555
    somebody - 4850
    somebody - 4401
    somebody - 3740
    somebody - 1291

somebody - 6426
    Mysk - 4348
    somebody - 3395
    somebody - 2715
    somebody - 1343

somebody - 9901
    Maal - 8387
    somebody - 4316
    somebody - 3655
    somebody - 2359

somebody - 6992
    Vegar - 6549
    somebody - 4957
    somebody - 2995
    somebody - 2204

somebody - 9399
    somebody - 5656
    Nivuh - 5507
    somebody - 3759
    somebody - 1767

Venit - 7683
    somebody - 5728
    somebody - 4509
    somebody - 2442
    somebody - 2581

Kopor - 5976
    somebody - 4532
    somebody - 4401
    somebody - 3579
    somebody - 2391

Which I kind of figured they'd look something like that, cause that's along the lines of what they usually look like when I pug. Sometimes there are a couple of folks above me, sometimes there are a couple of folks below me. Everybody* that I typed out up there could do with some help. Those "somebody" folks...are your typical players.

If Group A could perhaps be a little less defensive. If Group B could perhaps be a little less offensive. If Group A and Group B could find a way to work together in some fashion, then they would be able to help out everybody* up there. Cause that's pretty much going to be the majority of your players.

If Group A and Group B continue to go at it though, all those folks that could be helped - are probably likely not to want anything to do with either group. If the idea is to help the PvE community, then do that - right? Having an epeen duel on the forums is just going to turn folks off, no?

Just a thought...

*Everybody doesn't include me. I'm hopeless and stubborn. I just enjoy flying around going wheee too much and am beyond any help...lol.
    edited June 2014
    I just sat in your TS for an hour correcting the errors spewed from your coaches.

What you guys suggested:
    At one point, RSP3 was suggested, as was tss with A2B running.....

Fixed the build for them, and went in and we parsed his current DPS, he's anxious to see what it'll be upto once he has the build completed.

1. you corrected nothing I allowed you to speak your point of view at no time did you correct anything i said...you offered a differnt opinion
    ... telling him to equip all of his engineering consoles with universal consoles was a mistake imo and still is.

2. the student said he was broke so we worked around what he had and reccommended a differnt set up he could afford

kcb dbb 2 arrays foward/4 beam arrays aft

3. when his plasma hyper flux set was complete.... to add it to his ship with the torp aft

4 rsp seemed a much better choice over the eject warp plasma what he had even tho i reccomended dem3 and to fall back on rsp3 if he found out he had survival issues when he began running elite stfs which he siad he had very limited experence in

In closing i knew who you were and alowed you to sit in on the class....my mistake never expect it again

I expected you would at least tell the truth...it seems your incapable of that so you and your entire group are known for what you really are and deserve no further consideration

If you or any of your group was interested in helping new players.why dont you make your on training camp and help out ?

I think your group is doing what they do best

Trolling

• spencerb96spencerb96 Member Posts: 247 Media Corps
    edited June 2014
    3. when his plasma hyper flux set was complete.... to add it to his ship with the torp aft

Wait, so you want him to intentionally lower his DPS by using multiple dmg types?

You know he's running Fluidic Antiproton. The Hyperflux set would require him to use a Plasma beam array, and a torpedo. Both of which will limit his ships potential.
    ffluoti63bi9.png
  • alfiedonoalfiedono Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    This thread and some of the discussion tweaked my curiosity, so I hit up eight PUGs of ISE with eight of my guys (ninth guy's only L28).

Willard - 8640
    somebody - 6179
    somebody - 5115
    somebody - 3440
    somebody - 3355

Rave - 6555
    somebody - 4850
    somebody - 4401
    somebody - 3740
    somebody - 1291

somebody - 6426
    Mysk - 4348
    somebody - 3395
    somebody - 2715
    somebody - 1343

somebody - 9901
    Maal - 8387
    somebody - 4316
    somebody - 3655
    somebody - 2359

somebody - 6992
    Vegar - 6549
    somebody - 4957
    somebody - 2995
    somebody - 2204

somebody - 9399
    somebody - 5656
    Nivuh - 5507
    somebody - 3759
    somebody - 1767

Venit - 7683
    somebody - 5728
    somebody - 4509
    somebody - 2442
    somebody - 2581

Kopor - 5976
    somebody - 4532
    somebody - 4401
    somebody - 3579
    somebody - 2391

Which I kind of figured they'd look something like that, cause that's along the lines of what they usually look like when I pug. Sometimes there are a couple of folks above me, sometimes there are a couple of folks below me. Everybody* that I typed out up there could do with some help. Those "somebody" folks...are your typical players.

If Group A could perhaps be a little less defensive. If Group B could perhaps be a little less offensive. If Group A and Group B could find a way to work together in some fashion, then they would be able to help out everybody* up there. Cause that's pretty much going to be the majority of your players.

If Group A and Group B continue to go at it though, all those folks that could be helped - are probably likely not to want anything to do with either group. If the idea is to help the PvE community, then do that - right? Having an epeen duel on the forums is just going to turn folks off, no?

Just a thought...

*Everybody doesn't include me. I'm hopeless and stubborn. I just enjoy flying around going wheee too much and am beyond any help...lol.

OK, let's try this:

Jellico and all your fellow instructors - We'll give you an open (no requirements) invite to the DPS channels. We will teach you how to fly and how to build a proper boat with cheap gear. Then you can start actually helping the folks that are new to the game. PROBLEM SOLVED
  • sarcasmdetectorsarcasmdetector Member Posts: 1,176 Media Corps
    edited June 2014
    wat

Why would anyone do that to a poor Monbosh?

Look! Look what they did to the Arkif. http://www.omegaprimary.com/arkif/

I'm slapping my own face over and over again. What have they done? what have they done?! :eek:
    edited June 2014
    I think you made your point that you don't like us, thats ok with us really!!

However at the same time you have become extremely unreliable as your motives are not to help others, but out of spite.

Quite the contrary actually, I help people all the time! There is nothing out of spite. The point that I have made, and the vast majority of people here believe that the greater service is to actually provide PRODUCTIVE AND GOOD builds, not the TRIBBLE offered here. Its not about liking or disliking. Ask anyone in my fleet, I am reliable, and my build advice is as such. The spite here was when I was banned because my views didn't line up with yours, where if I brought up anything that was inconsistent or bad for a build was called 'combative' and didn't have the balls to take it up with me, and continued a failing mission.

And Blakes, That competition is utterly moronic. It is utterly impossible to make a build for 2 million without using story line rewards. That's all a fresh 50 will have access to, and WILL USE! You are limiting every avenue. Here's what you'll get: a science ship with Mk X common weapons, worthless tac and science consoles, and the entire 2 mil spent on neutronium consoles. That's all you get. Since you self admitted that a fresh 50 will use story consoles, how about not being a pretentious butthurt, and actually allow people to make a VIABLE FRESH 50 BUILD.
    The Grate Lorde Cheesus
    Doesn't Owe Anyone EC
    Kirks Prot
  • deniedexistencedeniedexistence Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Thanks everyone for your post its nice to you motivated for a good cause.

Tuesday 9PM Central we are going to open the doors due to everyone interested.

We would like to see the community help make the PvE Science build class.

This effort has never claimed to be the best and no one person or group can know everything.

Our only claim has been we want to help others who are just starting to learn about the game.

Its hard to understand any effort and its even confusing when you have never been involved.

So this will allow you to meet the instructors, take about abilities , skill points, and what gear is best.

So please put your best foot forward and find out who we are, what are views are so we can help new players.

5 million EC will be given to the greatest contributor.

Heres the challenge

1st Part
    Offer up a SCI ship build for a first time player and first time level 50.

The build has to survive Elite Cure, KIT, and ISE.

The build cannot exceed 2 Million EC.

We all know a new level 50 needs to be equipped to do even story missions.

So to be fair that means story mission items or reputation items cannot be used.

The goal is make a build that a new level 50 can use on a SCI ship directly after reaching level 50.

This build must be tanky and have enough DPS so the new VA can gather resource for upgrades.

2nd Part

The presenter must be able explain the build choices for Captain Skills, Boff Abilities, Weapons and equipment.

Science Powers - Explained
    BOFF Layout - Explained
    Weapons - Explained
    Skill Points -Explained

3rd Part
    The SCI build and the explanation of choices cannot include references for or towards PvP.

If you cannot attend we will have more community build events, that way not one person or group, but everyone will be responsible for PvE Boot Camp efforts.

Looking forward to meeting everyone and thank you now for your efforts towards helping others.

I just have to pop up on comment on this... What kind of person genuinely believes you need to have a full endgame setup to play story content? Why should free items like the weapons from Fluid Dynamics or the fantastic Solanae set need to be disqualified. This is EXACTLY what they are in the game for to begin with. To give a fresh player WHO IS LEVELING VIA STORY CONTENT ANYWAY a solid place to start BEFORE they get into the endgame stuff, like reputation and fleet items. Hell you don't even need to use your own ship for one of those missions, you are given a fully blinged out Dyson Science Destroyer to finish the mission.

I'm sorry, but you have completely lost any confidence I may have had in this program if you can't seem to allow something so blindingly obvious as to what their purpose was to even be included. You are delusional and you need to end this program now. Or at least let people who know what the hell they are talking about take over
    edited June 2014
    this entire thread is one big troll. pls lock.
    pvp = small package
    edited June 2014
    this entire thread is one big troll. pls lock.

That's the insanity of it all. There isn't any trolling going on
    The Grate Lorde Cheesus
    Doesn't Owe Anyone EC
    Kirks Prot
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Boy, this was a fun read, gotta say. Surprised it is still open though.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
    edited June 2014
    I don't know why it's still open either! I must admit that I am (and others in my fleet) as well as others are having fun
    The Grate Lorde Cheesus
    Doesn't Owe Anyone EC
    Kirks Prot
This discussion has been closed.