What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Oncoming Storm (RP)

Comments

• Options
    donkyhotaydonkyhotay Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    OOC: Glad to see this picked up again, though I was hoping someone would pull something random out of their pocket for the fun of it. Since no one did here is the resolution of Q

Far away on Vulcan, about 2000 years ago. Surak was hungry. He had been out in Vulcans Forge for some time and had eaten all of his provisions. Reaching into his pocket he pulled out some twine.

Strange, he thought to himself. I'm pretty certain I didn't have twine in my pocket earlier.

Using the twine he built a snare and managed to catch a meal for himself. Later he pondered the mystery of the twine. What would have happened if he hadn't had it? He might have starved to death. Surak considered what if something else had been in his pocket instead of twine. How his life could have been affected in a number of ways depending on what else he could have found besides twine. He realized that as there were an infinite number of things he could have had in his pocket, there was also an infinite number of results that could have come from them. Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combination as he thought was the best description. He knew he would have to return to the wars and mayhem to talk this over with other Vulcans.

From his viewpoint in the continuum Q said "Huh, I would have guessed New Romulus in 2409. Oh well."

OOC: I had considered something along the lines of "A strange creature on a planet so distant some would say it's not even a part of this universe was lost in cave system underneath a mountain riddling for his life when he felt his pocket and said out loud 'what do I have in my pocket?'" but felt that was a little too ridiculous.
    Do not be afraid to joust a giant just because some people insist on believing in windmills.

Check out my foundry mission "The Writers of History".
  • Options
    prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    kuntel wrote: »
    "Well, hopefully we won't get to any like that. And we'll be done before the Hirogen get back." he says, filing the warning away for later.

"Since we are pressed for time, I will ask in spitfire, you answer in spitfire." he explains. "First, what is your full name, your next of kin, who do you work for, why do you work for them, and what do you do for them?"

H'Gall nods to a Klingon, who then hits a button, having the conversation recorded.

Talven shakes his head. "What are you after, exactly, Aahuus? Intel? A brief on the goings on down below? There simply isn't enough time to give you a full explanation of everything, so try to narrow your queries with some sense of specificity, no?" He sighs and leans back. "My name is Talven Aenae, and I am Tal Shiar. Is that what you want to hear? I'd wager it is. However," he leans forward and presses his palms together before him, his index fingers to his lips, "The Tal Shiar are not what they used to be. Not since Sela disappeared. I and those I work for are not interested in the covert assassinations of our predecessors; we are genuinely interested in the longevity of the Romulan people. Which, coincidentally, is why D'Tan must be stopped before he inadvertently sets into motion the very cataclysm he seeks to avoid."

Seeing the skepticism on Aahuus's face at his tale, Talven chuckles. "You don't believe me. That's fine. It wouldn't alter things if you did. You said you are an ally, a friend of D'Tan. If this is true then you will undoubtedly share with him what I have just said. All i ask is that you allow me to be present when you do."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
  • Options
    kuntelkuntel Member Posts: 16,484 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    prierin wrote: »
    Talven shakes his head. "What are you after, exactly, Aahuus? Intel? A brief on the goings on down below? There simply isn't enough time to give you a full explanation of everything, so try to narrow your queries with some sense of specificity, no?" He sighs and leans back. "My name is Talven Aenae, and I am Tal Shiar. Is that what you want to hear? I'd wager it is. However," he leans forward and presses his palms together before him, his index fingers to his lips, "The Tal Shiar are not what they used to be. Not since Sela disappeared. I and those I work for are not interested in the covert assassinations of our predecessors; we are genuinely interested in the longevity of the Romulan people. Which, coincidentally, is why D'Tan must be stopped before he inadvertently sets into motion the very cataclysm he seeks to avoid."

Seeing the skepticism on Aahuus's face at his tale, Talven chuckles. "You don't believe me. That's fine. It wouldn't alter things if you did. You said you are an ally, a friend of D'Tan. If this is true then you will undoubtedly share with him what I have just said. All i ask is that you allow me to be present when you do."

Hmm, this is interesting. Aahuus brings his hand up to rud his jaw, and finds the clothe there. He simply puts his hand down.

"I asked what you did for them. This change is certainly interesting, but I want to know what you were doing in those caves..." he says slowly, now paying full attention.
  • Options
    timothyre99timothyre99 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Coming upon a split in the path, Jacob pondered what to do. Taking out his tricorder, he scanned for anything interesting. The scans were picking up artificial light further down the right path. Deciding to take the chance, he started down that way.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Hmm, this is interesting. Aahuus brings his hand up to rud his jaw, and finds the clothe there. He simply puts his hand down.

"I asked what you did for them. This change is certainly interesting, but I want to know what you were doing in those caves..." he says slowly, now paying full attention.

"I've already told you. I specialize in xenobotany. My purpose in those caves was to study the natural effect of the flora of Dewa III on Romulan physiology. It has some rather remarkable beneficial qualities, including a rapid rate of healing and the slowing of biological and cellular degradation. It's as if this planet has been built for us. Waiting. It's perfect.

"Too perfect."

Talven rubs his temples, frustrated. "At first that's all we had to go on, that this planet somehow was attuned specifically to Romulan physiology. Then there was the discovery of the Raptor Star and...." He stops. "I've told you too much already. Either arrange an audience with D'Tan or I will not divulge anything further."

Coming upon a split in the path, Jacob pondered what to do. Taking out his tricorder, he scanned for anything interesting. The scans were picking up artificial light further down the right path. Deciding to take the chance, he started down that way.

The path you've chosen continues for a few more meters before coming to a large metallic door. A scan shows that it is secured. A keypad rests on the wall nearby.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    "I've already told you. I specialize in xenobotany. My purpose in those caves was to study the natural effect of the flora of Dewa III on Romulan physiology. It has some rather remarkable beneficial qualities, including a rapid rate of healing and the slowing of biological and cellular degradation. It's as if this planet has been built for us. Waiting. It's perfect.

"Too perfect."

Talven rubs his temples, frustrated. "At first that's all we had to go on, that this planet somehow was attuned specifically to Romulan physiology. Then there was the discovery of the Raptor Star and...." He stops. "I've told you too much already. Either arrange an audience with D'Tan or I will not divulge anything further."

Aahuus ponders for a moment. They discovered the Raptor Star, that was significant. This whole line of thinking would make one believe that the old Rihans used some sort of genetic shift on the planet. This would very much interest D'Tan, even if it came from a tal'Shiar.

Aahuus smiles under his clothe. "One moment." he says. Then walks out of the cell.

He looks H'Gall in the eye. "Well?"

"Well what?" he replies.

"Can you do it?"

"Of course. I get a line to D'Tan immediately. Though... I won't be avle to go onto the planet."

"Why?" Aahuus asks slowly.

"One of the agreements." H'Gall replies

"Okay. I'll tell him. But I have one more question to ask. Off record."

"I don't-"

"You will, or I'll kill you."

"Fine."

Aahuus walks back in.

"You have your meeting." he says, then motions with a slice across his neck to a klingon. "Now, this isn't recording. This... is personal. I want to know if you have any, any, information on the whereabouts od Aiel L'lwyn...
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Aahuus ponders for a moment. They discovered the Raptor Star, that was significant. This whole line of thinking would make one believe that the old Rihans used some sort of genetic shift on the planet. This would very much interest D'Tan, even if it came from a tal'Shiar.

Aahuus smiles under his clothe. "One moment." he says. Then walks out of the cell.

He looks H'Gall in the eye. "Well?"

"Well what?" he replies.

"Can you do it?"

"Of course. I get a line to D'Tan immediately. Though... I won't be avle to go onto the planet."

"Why?" Aahuus asks slowly.

"One of the agreements." H'Gall replies

"Okay. I'll tell him. But I have one more question to ask. Off record."

"I don't-"

"You will, or I'll kill you."

"Fine."

Aahuus walks back in.

"You have your meeting." he says, then motions with a slice across his neck to a klingon. "Now, this isn't recording. This... is personal. I want to know if you have any, any, information on the whereabouts od Aiel L'lwyn...

Talven tilts his head, the name sounding familiar, then "Ah, yes. The Romulan girl that somehow wandered into the caves a week or so ago. The last I knew, she was safely back in her home." He then leans forward, "Are you saying something's happened to her?"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Talven tilts his head, the name sounding familiar, then "Ah, yes. The Romulan girl that somehow wandered into the caves a week or so ago. The last I knew, she was safely back in her home." He then leans forward, "Are you saying something's happened to her?"

"She was abducted by Hirogen. A rather lot of Hirogen. And as I saud earlier, Hirogen seem tk work for the tal'Shiar..." he says slowly. "Perhaps an agent like you would know the basic procedure to capture a person if interest?"
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    "She was abducted by Hirogen. A rather lot of Hirogen. And as I saud earlier, Hirogen seem tk work for the tal'Shiar..." he says slowly. "Perhaps an agent like you would know the basic procedure to capture a person if interest?"

Talven thinks on this a moment, then sighs. "There is a certain faction within the Tal Shiar that continue to cling to the older ways. If an individual within that faction had gained an interest in Aiel, then it is possible they would have monitored and followed her, but I don't know about abduction. That's usually reserved for more dire circumstances."

"Unless," he adds, "she is of important significance to them. Now it's my turn to ask you a question. You obviously know her. So tell me - just who is she?"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Talven thinks on this a moment, then sighs. "There is a certain faction within the Tal Shiar that continue to cling to the older ways. If an individual within that faction had gained an interest in Aiel, then it is possible they would have monitored and followed her, but I don't know about abduction. That's usually reserved for more dire circumstances."

"Unless," he adds, "she is of important significance to them. Now it's my turn to ask you a question. You obviously know her. So tell me - just who is she?"

"Truthfully, I suspect her of being a Federation spy. But I don't have certain evidence. Her backstory is that she was born on Earth, or raised there, and had been in the academy untill recently, when she dropped out." he says quietly.

"Though I assume Drake has something to do with it, that slimy TRIBBLE..."
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Jacob approached the door. Scanning it, he discovered that it was lined with neutronium, so he wouldn't be able to blast through it. Looking at the keypad, he noticed that it was a standard Tal'Shiar design. Due to his mission, Jacob had been briefed on lock picking techniques, especially Romulan locks. He took a toolkit off of his belt, and removed the lock cover. Slowly, he worked on unlocking the door.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    "Truthfully, I suspect her of being a Federation spy. But I don't have certain evidence. Her backstory is that she was born on Earth, or raised there, and had been in the academy untill recently, when she dropped out." he says quietly.

"Though I assume Drake has something to do with it, that slimy TRIBBLE..."

"I see." Talven nods, "Of course, I can neither confirm nor deny that as fact. As far as 'the slimy TRIBBLE', I am not certain of whom you speak. Be that as it may," he folds his arms across his chest, "I have answered what I can. Now I demand an audience with D'Tan."

Jacob approached the door. Scanning it, he discovered that it was lined with neutronium, so he wouldn't be able to blast through it. Looking at the keypad, he noticed that it was a standard Tal'Shiar design. Due to his mission, Jacob had been briefed on lock picking techniques, especially Romulan locks. He took a toolkit off of his belt, and removed the lock cover. Slowly, he worked on unlocking the door.

Surprisingly, it doesn't take long to bypass the security key and unlock and the door. Inside is a rather large room with several tables covered in various plants and other flora, presumably test subjects. One desk near the far room is cluttered with paperwork and a single console.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    "I see." Talven nods, "Of course, I can neither confirm nor deny that as fact. As far as 'the slimy TRIBBLE', I am not certain of whom you speak. Be that as it may," he folds his arms across his chest, "I have answered what I can. Now I demand an audience with D'Tan."

"I think you're getting a little comfortable. You realise that you're on a ship, right? A Klingon ship? Prisoners are usually beaten... to death..." Aahuus says, then shrugs. "Of course we did promise an audience, but that's going to take a while. Being as we are in space. And arranging a meeting with the leader of the Romulan Republic is very hard..."

He stands and looks at Talven, awaiting his reaction.

OOC: I'll assjme you'll want tot take D'Tan? Seeming as you started the thread, and you're the major Romulan player.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    "I think you're getting a little comfortable. You realise that you're on a ship, right? A Klingon ship? Prisoners are usually beaten... to death..." Aahuus says, then shrugs. "Of course we did promise an audience, but that's going to take a while. Being as we are in space. And arranging a meeting with the leader of the Romulan Republic is very hard..."

He stands and looks at Talven, awaiting his reaction.

OOC: I'll assjme you'll want tot take D'Tan? Seeming as you started the thread, and you're the major Romulan player.

"If you're going to beat me, then beat me. If you're going to kill me, then hurry up with it." Talven says flatly. "But if you want me to talk, then get me in a room with D'Tan."

[OOC]I can take D'Tan, no worries. I usually hate running a 2 way myself so I will allow plenty of opportunities for interjection. [/OOC]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    "If you're going to beat me, then beat me. If you're going to kill me, then hurry up with it." Talven says flatly. "But if you want me to talk, then get me in a room with D'Tan."

[OOC]I can take D'Tan, no worries. I usually hate running a 2 way myself so I will allow plenty of opportunities for interjection. [/OOC]

"We're...." Aahuus starts, then looks at H'Gall."I'm not gling to beat you. Getting you talking is probably the best thing for both of us."

He sits down, and grunts as joints creak from standing so long.

"Elements... this hurts. Have you ever had to stand that long? It's killer on the joints." Aahuus says, putting on a friendly tone.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Jacob walked into the room, somewhat surprised at how fast he opened the door, and how easy it was. Looking around, he saw a computer, and approached it. He tapped a button, and attempted to access it.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    "We're...." Aahuus starts, then looks at H'Gall."I'm not gling to beat you. Getting you talking is probably the best thing for both of us."

He sits down, and grunts as joints creak from standing so long.

"Elements... this hurts. Have you ever had to stand that long? It's killer on the joints." Aahuus says, putting on a friendly tone.

Talven smirks and shifts uncomfortably. "What do you know of Dewa III, Aahuus? You're Romulan. Surely you've already felt the beginnings of the effects. Perhaps your eyesight has improved somewhat. Maybe you're not as fatigued as you used to be. Those joint pains? I'd wager they're already subsiding, more rapidly than before. You're healing faster than usual. All Romulans are. Even some of the Vulcan visitors have noticed some of the effects, meaning whatever this phenomenon is, it predates the separation of the two. Do you have any idea what some forces would do to claim control of this planet?"

He shifts again, looking straight at you. "We are all in considerable danger. You, me, D'Tan, all of us. From forces I suspect we haven't even seen yet. The ancient adage, "If it's too good to be true" certainly fits here, wouldn't you say?"

Jacob walked into the room, somewhat surprised at how fast he opened the door, and how easy it was. Looking around, he saw a computer, and approached it. He tapped a button, and attempted to access it.

The computer flickers to life and it is immediately apparent that it requires a voice code authorization to access.

Elsewhere, in a section of a base several kilometers away, a Tal Shiar Watcher looks at his console as an alarm flashes. He presses his comm. "Sir, we're detecting an illegal entry in the Paehhos Crater facility. No, we haven't been able to reach either Talven or his guards. Yes, sir, that's correct. Understood."

The Watcher closes the channel, then opens a new one. "This is Watcher 17 to Hirogen recovery party Alpha three. Suspected intruder in facility twelve thirteen. Proceed with capture or kill."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    OoC: I will be on vacation from today until Saturday, so I won't be able to post.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Talven smirks and shifts uncomfortably. "What do you know of Dewa III, Aahuus? You're Romulan. Surely you've already felt the beginnings of the effects. Perhaps your eyesight has improved somewhat. Maybe you're not as fatigued as you used to be. Those joint pains? I'd wager they're already subsiding, more rapidly than before. You're healing faster than usual. All Romulans are. Even some of the Vulcan visitors have noticed some of the effects, meaning whatever this phenomenon is, it predates the separation of the two. Do you have any idea what some forces would do to claim control of this planet?"

He shifts again, looking straight at you. "We are all in considerable danger. You, me, D'Tan, all of us. From forces I suspect we haven't even seen yet. The ancient adage, "If it's too good to be true" certainly fits here, wouldn't you say?"

OOC: Err, how does Talven know he's Romulan? Aahuus (Stelam) is wearing a bandana around his mouth and head. He also wears goggles. Just so people won't know he's Romulan.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    OOC: Err, how does Talven know he's Romulan? Aahuus (Stelam) is wearing a bandana around his mouth and head. He also wears goggles. Just so people won't know he's Romulan.

[OOC]Ah - I thought that might be the case but wasn't certain. Just amend the post to reflect he is telling you about the effect on Romulans without inferring that you are a Romulan yourself... ;)

No worries Timothy... have a great vaca and we'll see you when you return. [/OOC]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Aahuus stands quickly, not remembering to feign any discomfort. It was news to him, this Romulan regeneration. He would have to look into it later.

H'Gall motions to him, meaning it's time for the meeting. Aahuus grabs Talven, and propels him toward the door.

"Come on. It's time to go..." he mutters.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Aahuus stands quickly, not remembering to feign any discomfort. It was news to him, this Romulan regeneration. He would have to look into it later.

H'Gall motions to him, meaning it's time for the meeting. Aahuus grabs Talven, and propels him toward the door.

"Come on. It's time to go..." he mutters.

You beam down to the Staging area and are met by a team of security escorts. They look past you, to Talven, and sneer, then bid you to follow them. After a short walk and climb of the embassy stairs you enter D'Tan's office.

He stands, his back turned to you as he faces out the window. "Leave us."

The escort team bows and exits, leaving you alone with him. For a few long moments D'Tan doesn't speak; he just stares out the window to the world he is so desperately attempting to build. Finally, just when the silence has become unbearable, he turns and looks to Aahuss. "Is he Tal Shiar? Why have you brought this man to me?"

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

Aiel wipes the condensation from her mirror and admires her new look. Her hair is cut short, militaristic, but with a rough edge. She allows the towel to drop to the floor and begins to dress herself, no longer donning the rough civilian clothing she did upon her arrival but a finer, more familiar style of dress. Dark colors of fine Romulan silk entwined with emerald and silver. Perfect for her new position in the Embassy.

A smile came to her face as she thought of the previous aide's face when she released the nanoprobes in his room as he slept. He wouldn't even know he was affected; he'd wake up and continue work no different than any other day, every day... that is, every day that Aiel allowed him to. When the time was right she'd trigger the probes' command function and her little puppet would act accordingly, further securing her place and trust with D'Tan and his lackeys. One day... but not today. This day she would go to the Embassy and assume her position as attache to Cellvis, a fat worm of a politician. Once a great senator, now merely a small man fueling his desire for absolute power over the limited staff he was allowed to govern. He was a nuisance, that was certain. A nuisance and a letch. Aiel already had to "remind" the senator that his hands should be kept top themselves with a greenstick fracture to the radius but if that lesson wasn't enough, she'd gladly remind him with something more severe.

As she entered the main hall of the embassy she caught a glimpse of someone familiar. She tried to think where she had seen this Romulan before but couldn't quite grasp it. Nor did she recognize the two other men being escorted along with him. One of which was dressed in a manner obviously meant to disguise his appearance. She thought on the matter on briefly before deciding it wasn't worth her interest and went about her duties.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    You beam down to the Staging area and are met by a team of security escorts. They look past you, to Talven, and sneer, then bid you to follow them. After a short walk and climb of the embassy stairs you enter D'Tan's office.

He stands, his back turned to you as he faces out the window. "Leave us."

The escort team bows and exits, leaving you alone with him. For a few long moments D'Tan doesn't speak; he just stares out the window to the world he is so desperately attempting to build. Finally, just when the silence has become unbearable, he turns and looks to Aahuss. "Is he Tal Shiar? Why have you brought this man to me?"

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

Aahuus flinches slightly at the question. He had expected D'Tan to be at least cordial, but he must be letting his anger at the Tal'Shiar slip through. It also didn't help that Aahuus was thinking of the guard from earlier. He could've have sworn it was Aiel, but the hair was too short and she was in uniform. Not Aiel, but he would see her soon. Even if he had to hunt every Tal'Shiar and Hirogen in the Universe down and torture them slowly. He doesn't let any of this emotion show on his face as he answers.

"D'Tan, sir, we wouldn't have brought him to you if he wasn't. We would have just killed him..." Aahuus says emotionally, putting on an Orion accent. "He says he has something to tell you..."
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Aahuus flinches slightly at the question. He had expected D'Tan to be at least cordial, but he must be letting his anger at the Tal'Shiar slip through. It also didn't help that Aahuus was thinking of the guard from earlier. He could've have sworn it was Aiel, but the hair was too short and she was in uniform. Not Aiel, but he would see her soon. Even if he had to hunt every Tal'Shiar and Hirogen in the Universe down and torture them slowly. He doesn't let any of this emotion show on his face as he answers.

"D'Tan, sir, we wouldn't have brought him to you if he wasn't. We would have just killed him..." Aahuus says emotionally, putting on an Orion accent. "He says he has something to tell you..."

D'Tan looks to Talven. "Is this true?"

"Yes." Talven says flatly. "I am Tal Shiar, but not the Tal Shiar you are accustomed to. With the death of Hakeev and the disappearance of Sela the Tal Shiar you have come to know has all but been disbanded. I represent a faction whose interest lies in tandem with yours: the preservation and advancement of the Romulan people."

"That has always been the sentiment of the Tal Shiar." D'Tan folded his arms across his chest as he spoke. "The preservation of the Romulan people... even at the cost of thousands of Romulan deaths. The Tal Shiar seek nothing other than to control. What they can not control, they destroy."

"Please, listen D'Tan. Those days are, thankfully, gone. We have much larger issues to discuss. Issues which affect all Romulans, both on this world and off." Talven goes on to explain the regeneration aspects of the native Flora. He produces a padd he had on him and hands to to D'Tan. "If you care to review the data for yourself you will see what I say is true."

D'Tan takes the padd, his eyes never leaving Talven's.

"There is something else." Talven adds. "If we could speak alone for a moment..."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    D'Tan looks to Talven. "Is this true?"

"Yes." Talven says flatly. "I am Tal Shiar, but not the Tal Shiar you are accustomed to. With the death of Hakeev and the disappearance of Sela the Tal Shiar you have come to know has all but been disbanded. I represent a faction whose interest lies in tandem with yours: the preservation and advancement of the Romulan people."

"That has always been the sentiment of the Tal Shiar." D'Tan folded his arms across his chest as he spoke. "The preservation of the Romulan people... even at the cost of thousands of Romulan deaths. The Tal Shiar seek nothing other than to control. What they can not control, they destroy."

"Please, listen D'Tan. Those days are, thankfully, gone. We have much larger issues to discuss. Issues which affect all Romulans, both on this world and off." Talven goes on to explain the regeneration aspects of the native Flora. He produces a padd he had on him and hands to to D'Tan. "If you care to review the data for yourself you will see what I say is true."

D'Tan takes the padd, his eyes never leaving Talven's.

"There is something else." Talven adds. "If we could speak alone for a moment..."

"If you think I am leaving you alone with the leader of the Romulan people for any reason, you're a bigger idiot than I first expected." Aahuus growls, shifting his spear so the razor sharp tip is more prominent.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    "If you think I am leaving you alone with the leader of the Romulan people for any reason, you're a bigger idiot than I first expected." Aahuus growls, shifting his spear so the razor sharp tip is more prominent.

D'Tan nods. "I agree with this man's sentiment. Why would I allow myself to be alone with an agent of the Tal Shiar for even a single moment? It's more than enough that I even entertain the idea of meeting you at all."

Talven sighs. "I am not your enemy, D'Tan. If you wish us to discuss what I have to say in mixed company, that is your choice. You've scanned the underground ruins and have found the errant power fluctuations, I assume? I'd further assume you've sent a team or two down to investigate."

"True. What is your point?" D'Tan shifts uncomfortably.

"None of them have returned and all have failed to check in." Talven says flatly.

"If you have done anything to those men and women..." D'Tan growls.

"I've told you. It isn't me or my people. You have no idea of what you've uncovered down there. You sent your teams into a deathtrap." Talven shifts his gaze to Aahuus and back to D'Tan. "You must abandon Project Aramus at once."

D'Tan's eyes betray his surprise. "How..."

"You must trust me." Talven says, his voice bordering on a plea. "For the sake of all Romulan people."

D'Tan stands in silent contemplation for several moments before looking to Aahuus. "Thank you for bringing him to me. Now if you don't mind, please step outside. I'll take charge of his custody from here."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    D'Tan nods. "I agree with this man's sentiment. Why would I allow myself to be alone with an agent of the Tal Shiar for even a single moment? It's more than enough that I even entertain the idea of meeting you at all."

Talven sighs. "I am not your enemy, D'Tan. If you wish us to discuss what I have to say in mixed company, that is your choice. You've scanned the underground ruins and have found the errant power fluctuations, I assume? I'd further assume you've sent a team or two down to investigate."

"True. What is your point?" D'Tan shifts uncomfortably.

"None of them have returned and all have failed to check in." Talven says flatly.

"If you have done anything to those men and women..." D'Tan growls.

"I've told you. It isn't me or my people. You have no idea of what you've uncovered down there. You sent your teams into a deathtrap." Talven shifts his gaze to Aahuus and back to D'Tan. "You must abandon Project Aramus at once."

D'Tan's eyes betray his surprise. "How..."

"You must trust me." Talven says, his voice bordering on a plea. "For the sake of all Romulan people."

D'Tan stands in silent contemplation for several moments before looking to Aahuus. "Thank you for bringing him to me. Now if you don't mind, please step outside. I'll take charge of his custody from here."

Aahuus tilts his head, the bandanas shifting slightly. "... Perhaps you would wish to inform the Empire of what Project Aramus is?" he says slowly. "The- we are your ally after all..."

Project Aramus? What coud that be? It must have something to do with the regeneration property of the planet, seeming as Talven was very interested in that. A way to control it? Certainly, if they could find a way, the Republic would be the best fighting force in the galaxy... not to mention immortal, if they could enhance it.

But what of power fluctuations? It means some kind of machine, or even natural formation is down there... perhaps Aahuus could find a way to get there first?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    As soon as he pressed the button, he could tell he was locked out. Knowing the Tal'Shiar, they were most likely coming to investigate him right now. Quickly, he stuck a data rod into the computer, removing all the data, which was, however, still encrypted. With the encrypted data in hand, Jacob left the room. As he turned the corner, he nearly ran straight into two Romulans. Quickly, he jumped backwards and activated his Cover shield, waiting for them to make the move.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Aahuus tilts his head, the bandanas shifting slightly. "... Perhaps you would wish to inform the Empire of what Project Aramus is?" he says slowly. "The- we are your ally after all..."

Project Aramus? What coud that be? It must have something to do with the regeneration property of the planet, seeming as Talven was very interested in that. A way to control it? Certainly, if they could find a way, the Republic would be the best fighting force in the galaxy... not to mention immortal, if they could enhance it.

But what of power fluctuations? It means some kind of machine, or even natural formation is down there... perhaps Aahuus could find a way to get there first?

"No." D'Tan answered, "I do not." He then pressed a button on his console. Immediately four armed Romulan guards entered the room. "Take this one to the holding cells. Isolate him."

"D'Tan, please, listen!" Talven started, but was quieted as the two guards grabbed him by the arms and led him out.

D'Tan sighed, then looked directly at Aahuus. "You will forget any mention of Aramus or the subterranean ruins. You will speak of it to no one and you will not, under any circumstance, attempt to access the ruins yourself. The area is highly unstable and treacherous, limited to specialized research crews only." He then nods to the two remaining guards. "Please escort out guests to the Staging Area. This meeting is over."

The guards look to you and motion to the door.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    As soon as he pressed the button, he could tell he was locked out. Knowing the Tal'Shiar, they were most likely coming to investigate him right now. Quickly, he stuck a data rod into the computer, removing all the data, which was, however, still encrypted. With the encrypted data in hand, Jacob left the room. As he turned the corner, he nearly ran straight into two Romulans. Quickly, he jumped backwards and activated his Cover shield, waiting for them to make the move.

"Did you see something?" One of the Romulans asked the other, his weapon raised. The second did not respond vocally, but motioned for the first to take position on the opposite side of the corridor. He then removed a device and opened it. It emitted a high-pitched sound, faint at first but increasing gradually.

Being technically-minded you immediately recognize it as a phase-shift scanner. You also know you have mere moments before it recognizes you shielding and alerts the two.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]