test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

suggestion for new season, we lose

deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
I'm serious.

We should have a episode arc where we are defeated in a major battle and the season ends with us about to be wiped out.

Sure we're winning a few small fights, but our victories would be evacuating people from a world about to fall, a running firefight as we fall back or a failure to reach the president/Chancellor as he is assassinated.

Here's what I am thinking; the new arc opens up with a meeting in orbit of either Earth or Kronos. A distress call is received and we beam down to the capital. All around us, Undine are slaughtering people as we fight our way to the Council. We gain entry only to see our leader receive a punch that pierces his body. We're too late. Most of the council is slaughtered and leadership falls to either Worf for the Klingons as he was at your side, or Quinn for the Federation... however it's decided... Martial law is declared.
2. Your officers report that a biological weapon to kill Undine en mass is ready. You must land on Earth/Kronos and destroy jamming devices so you can disperse the new nanoprobes. Your homeworld is liberated.
3. Next, a distress call is received, Bajor is rioting as the undine there stages a revolt. You proceed to put it down, only to be pushed off as the Undine threaten to slaughter the planet if you launch the nanoprobes. You launch them anyways.
4. Distress call from DS9. They are under attack but you repel the assault.
5. Distress calls start coming in across worlds between the core worlds of the Federation and Bajor. You realsie Bajor is being cut off because the Undine do not want you to have access to the wormhole. They also very much want revenge for your genocidal measures to wipe them out. You fight a huge space battle in an effort to break through the lines, much like Sacrifice of Angels. However, as you break through, you are tossed through a quantum fissure, arriving in fluid space.
6. You see the massive spawning fields of the Undine and you realise your alliance cannot take them on. You fight a retreat back to the fissure, giving up a chunk of your fleet in a rearguard action. This information is vital to the survival of the alliance.
7. You arrive at DS9 and report this to the Alliance when the Undine main fleet arrives, Bajor is surrounded and Captain Kutland orders you to retreat, saying DS9 has been preparing for this since the 2800 left. The Undine beams onto Ops and you're fighting for your very survival, delaying the Undine approach until the civilians of DS9 are evacuated. You're knocked down by the Captain as he beams you off. You refuse to leave, but your first officer orders what's left of the fleet to enter the wormhole.

let season 9.5 look like it is the end. The toll of the war against the Voth and Undine show how short of troops, ships we are.

It could end with Bajor about to fall and your task force being forced through the wormhole in order to survive because you are cut off from the main fleet. Deep Space 9 is destroyed, or heavily damaged and as you retreat, the enemy closes onto DS9. You have no idea if it really is destroyed and you won't unless you can return.

Leave us with some cliffhangers! Let us speculate what season 10 would be.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• shadow88030shadow88030 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I have to admit...at the end of 'Surface Tension' I was a bit disappointed that Qo'nos wasn't actually blown up...that would've been a plot twist for the ages. Maybe not logistically sound, but it would've made me highly anticipate the next move of the writers instead of me now just wondering how I can access the Iconian Armour (available in one of next year's lock boxes I'm sure...).
    Starfleet: Persephone, Silas, Alexandra, Purrs-a-lot, Insanity, Alala, Nicki Minaj, Apathy and Liz Lemon
    KDF: Absolution, Vox, Vadim, Sammiches and Unknown Refugee
    Member of Network 23 FED and Imperial Legion
  • antzudanantzudan Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    That seems a little over the the top but I do love the idea of us losing every now and then. I replayed Coliseum last night, it's got a lot of problems but I really like it because it's actually like there's some tension because you're losing through the whole way and then only barely escape. I thought it was missing a section at the end though where you have to run a blockade of ships to escape, so something like that in a mission would be awesome.

What I'd really like would be a miniseries mirroring the format of an episode on TV, so divided into 4 or 5 parts and each part ends with a hook or new twist which continues in the next mission until you finish the story in the last part. Or for them to base a feature episode around this structure and then do it as a two parter.

Imho this is how they should have done the latest one. They completely wasted the scope a full scale invasion of undine had for storytelling. All the stuff that happened should have taken at least three missions. Imagine if the Undine heading to earth had been a cliffhanger? And then you fight desperately to save earth only to discover it was all a distraction from their real target, Qonos and the next mission you have to liberate the planet. (They could have even have had different versions for FED and KDF with the KDF one going the other way round and the KDF leading a glorious crusade to help their past enemies recapture earth)
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I have spent the last 4+ years of this game dealing with a useless and pointless war. I really have no interest in playing a "fight to survive" type of game at this point. I would rather see some peace come to the Alpha and Beta Quadrants and see more missions tied into exploration and even dealing with internal issues within both the Faction and your crew.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • medtac124medtac124 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I like it.
    [SIGPIC]Click here to visit our website[/SIGPIC]
    lunasto wrote: »
    Banned because I don't like your pictures eyebrows! They look like pinball flippers!
    edited May 2014
    I also think that Admiral Quinn ACTUALLY bening an Undine the whole time wouldve been a cool move...I was genuinely upset when you fine the real one in the episode...

Edit: I mean, think about it. If you started a new fed toon after that, you would get to yell at your screen when you report to him and say "I know who you are you *******!"

Edit2: AND then, you go to his ESD office and try to find his stash of Isomorphic Injections and suddenly find his actual secret stash of dope!....wait...
    Starfleet: Persephone, Silas, Alexandra, Purrs-a-lot, Insanity, Alala, Nicki Minaj, Apathy and Liz Lemon
  • deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Well, you're being left on a bloody big cliffhanger... the next season would be you assembling an alliance of Gamma Quadrant factions in an effort to retake the Alpha Quadrant.

You'd be returning to Bajor with thousands of warships in an effort to finally crush the Undine once for all and you'll have a massive army and fleet of ruthless warriors. Then you'll invade the Sphere once again and force the Voth to come to the table at the tip of your sword, forcing them into your alliance. Before you can take on the Undine, you must lead an alliance force to crush the Borg and drive them away from Voth space.

Then you return to the Undine, with nanoprobes augmented by the Dominion, you will deliver those warheads and force the Undine to the table. There, you will make them understand that they were being manipulated by the Iconians. The Voth demands you wipe out the Borg. So you oblige.

A combined fleet invades Borg space and that'll be the new season. Invasion of Borg space. The Borg, desperate for victory, begins targeting Core worlds of the new alliance. They hit Kronos, Earth, the Dominion Homeworld, New Romulus and the Spheres. In each of those battles, the Undine helps you transport your armada quickly across the galaxy. You command the Klingons, Federation, Dominion, Romulan and Voth fleets respectfully at each battle. Then you hit 001 ultimatrix with everything you have.

Season ends with the Undine leaving, hopefully for good. The Voth dismissing you and returning to their isolation. The dominion telling you not to return to the Gamma quadrant, and hope you never meet again except as adversities on the field of battle. The old alliance then returns to their bickering of what to do with the Spheres.
    edited May 2014
    I think Hive Onslaught was supposed to be the 'lets nuke the Borg home' mission, but anyways... Macabre knife-point negotiations are really the only way to go, I agree. Humanism is like cotton candy, it looks happy and fluffy but ultimately is just something that melts with heat and is eaten by things with fangs.
    edited May 2014
    I would love the Iconians to make an appearance. We'd all be badly weakened, which is why I suggested the Dominion entering the alliance, to replace the losses we've taken.
    edited May 2014
    I think Hive Onslaught was supposed to be the 'lets nuke the Borg home' mission, but anyways... Macabre knife-point negotiations are really the only way to go, I agree. Humanism is like cotton candy, it looks happy and fluffy but ultimately is just something that melts with heat and is eaten by things with fangs.

well, remember, your leadership was wiped out, you've taken heavy losses at your homeworld... let's say we do Earth as the target of the assassination... all that's left are the military and the Klingons. They're not one to talk. Maybe that ambassador could be one of the assassinated too as well. There's no talkers left, only warriors. At this point, you've seen so many good friends die, you just want this war done with.

You're done talking. D'tan is told to shut up. It's all out war now. You are placed in command of all alliance forces operating near Bajor, then you return with the Dominion, you have impressed the military and you're ordered to take command of all assault forces. Worf is Chancellor for the moment, (he does not want it, but he is the most experienced commander and has the respect of the Federation, so until the war ends, he is the leader).

So you've seen how Worf deals with others who annoys him. I mean, Worf killed Gowon... D'tan is pushed out of the leadership of the alliance. If you're Romulan, you're representing D'tan on the council, otherwise it's just Federation and Klingons plus you. You're soldiers, you want the war done, no matter what. You're not above genocide.

When it's all done, you reflect on what you've become. Worf regrets it, and steps down. Quinn retires. You still have the Iconians as the threat but the story changes. It's not so total war anymore. It then can be taken in a different direction.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'm serious.

We should have a episode arc where we are defeated in a major battle and the season ends with us about to be wiped out.

Sure we're winning a few small fights, but our victories would be evacuating people from a world about to fall, a running firefight as we fall back or a failure to reach the president/Chancellor as he is assassinated.

Here's what I am thinking; the new arc opens up with a meeting in orbit of either Earth or Kronos. A distress call is received and we beam down to the capital. All around us, Undine are slaughtering people as we fight our way to the Council. We gain entry only to see our leader receive a punch that pierces his body. We're too late. Most of the council is slaughtered and leadership falls to either Worf for the Klingons as he was at your side, or Quinn for the Federation... however it's decided... Martial law is declared.
    2. Your officers report that a biological weapon to kill Undine en mass is ready. You must land on Earth/Kronos and destroy jamming devices so you can disperse the new nanoprobes. Your homeworld is liberated.
    3. Next, a distress call is received, Bajor is rioting as the undine there stages a revolt. You proceed to put it down, only to be pushed off as the Undine threaten to slaughter the planet if you launch the nanoprobes. You launch them anyways.
    4. Distress call from DS9. They are under attack but you repel the assault.
    5. Distress calls start coming in across worlds between the core worlds of the Federation and Bajor. You realsie Bajor is being cut off because the Undine do not want you to have access to the wormhole. They also very much want revenge for your genocidal measures to wipe them out. You fight a huge space battle in an effort to break through the lines, much like Sacrifice of Angels. However, as you break through, you are tossed through a quantum fissure, arriving in fluid space.
    6. You see the massive spawning fields of the Undine and you realise your alliance cannot take them on. You fight a retreat back to the fissure, giving up a chunk of your fleet in a rearguard action. This information is vital to the survival of the alliance.
    7. You arrive at DS9 and report this to the Alliance when the Undine main fleet arrives, Bajor is surrounded and Captain Kutland orders you to retreat, saying DS9 has been preparing for this since the 2800 left. The Undine beams onto Ops and you're fighting for your very survival, delaying the Undine approach until the civilians of DS9 are evacuated. You're knocked down by the Captain as he beams you off. You refuse to leave, but your first officer orders what's left of the fleet to enter the wormhole.

let season 9.5 look like it is the end. The toll of the war against the Voth and Undine show how short of troops, ships we are.

It could end with Bajor about to fall and your task force being forced through the wormhole in order to survive because you are cut off from the main fleet. Deep Space 9 is destroyed, or heavily damaged and as you retreat, the enemy closes onto DS9. You have no idea if it really is destroyed and you won't unless you can return.

Leave us with some cliffhangers! Let us speculate what season 10 would be.

season 10, the dominion build a giant battery in the hopes of getting it hooked up to deep space 9 while the main fighting happens above bajor and on the ground. the station is pulled into orbit by 8472 and have the station locked down for a nefarious purpose. odo becomes our hero and leads a fight from all allied worlds with the dominion taking point againts the 8472 at bajor while the battery is hooked up and disperses a radiation pulse that kills every living 8472 at the cost of odo's life when the cooper infiltrator shoots his friend and the 8472 attempts to kill odo but leaves a molecular disabiliser on his morphogenic matrix.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I have to admit...at the end of 'Surface Tension' I was a bit disappointed that Qo'nos wasn't actually blown up...that would've been a plot twist for the ages. Maybe not logistically sound, but it would've made me highly anticipate the next move of the writers instead of me now just wondering how I can access the Iconian Armour (available in one of next year's lock boxes I'm sure...).

I actually think blowing up an established world might add a lot to the game and CBS would probably allow it.

They let JJ blow up Romulus. The Destiny novelists blew up stuff left and right. They let Braga blow up Andoria in his comic book.

Right now, we have Undine with planet destroyers and Iconians with super-nova planet destroying tech. Blowing up a planet is hardly outside the realm of what we're dealing with.

Personally (and I say this as a fan of them), blowing up Cardassia would feel like the right move to me, for the game and structurally as a story. It shelves discussion of an unlikely to ever be produced faction while giving the Cardassians a story spotlight. Suddenly you have material like whether the Bajorans are willing to take in Cardassian refugees and it makes just extending Cardassian ships and species to the existing factions an easy step.
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I actually think blowing up an established world might add a lot to the game and CBS would probably allow it.

They let JJ blow up Romulus. The Destiny novelists blew up stuff left and right. They let Braga blow up Andoria in his comic book.

Right now, we have Undine with planet destroyers and Iconians with super-nova planet destroying tech. Blowing up a planet is hardly outside the realm of what we're dealing with.

Personally (and I say this as a fan of them), blowing up Cardassia would feel like the right move to me, for the game and structurally as a story. It shelves discussion of an unlikely to ever be produced faction while giving the Cardassians a story spotlight. Suddenly you have material like whether the Bajorans are willing to take in Cardassian refugees and it makes just extending Cardassian ships and species to the existing factions an easy step.

Not cardiassia, they are basically a non-entity. Gotta be something more like Bajor and DS9.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,980 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    I have spent the last 4+ years of this game dealing with a useless and pointless war. I really have no interest in playing a "fight to survive" type of game at this point. I would rather see some peace come to the Alpha and Beta Quadrants and see more missions tied into exploration and even dealing with internal issues within both the Faction and your crew.

Same (but only 2+ years.) We had the somber defeat/withdrawal at any rate with Season 5's first FE so there's not much more to explore there thematically besides trying to one up ourselves with slightly better cinematics. It wouldn't be development, it wouldn't add anything to the game, it'd simply rehash at some level and keep us mired in a particular tone and a particular plot for quite some time to come. And for what STO could be I'd prefer a more progressive attitude that moves from the turmoil of war and into a much more TNG style of peaceful exploration
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Same (but only 2+ years.) We had the somber defeat/withdrawal at any rate with Season 5's first FE so there's not much more to explore there thematically besides trying to one up ourselves with slightly better cinematics. It wouldn't be development, it wouldn't add anything to the game, it'd simply rehash at some level and keep us mired in a particular tone and a particular plot for quite some time to come. And for what STO could be I'd prefer a more progressive attitude that moves from the turmoil of war and into a much more TNG style of peaceful exploration
    Yes, boldly seeking out new life and new civilizations... who then try to kill us. :P It's not war.. it's just random violence. :P
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yes, boldly seeking out new life and new civilizations... who then try to kill us. :P It's not war.. it's just random violence. :P

naa it's more like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqoLPPlHPPs
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
    edited May 2014
    I would love to blow up Bajor, but I see a problem with that, as there are storylines on there. A critical world needs to be destroyed, but not one that could cause issues with past storylines. Andoria, Territe, Betzard, Trill or some world that is a core world. Andoria would probably be the best to destroy.

Perhaps it can be the final engagement between the alliance and the undine in the alpha Quadrant. The alliance reaches Andoria as it falls, and in a fit of rage, Captain Shrun orders that we wipe them out. He leads the fleet into the assault over the broken ruins of his homeworld as we exact revenge.
    edited May 2014

Random violence is much easier to talk down though, especially when you've had your tea. :P
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
    edited May 2014
    as we exact revenge.

I don't think Gene Rodenberry would approve...
    edited May 2014
    Probably not, but if you lost your homeworld and you were a commander of the fleet, you'd um... want revenge. I believe we've seen that in Star Trek Deep Space Nine...
    edited May 2014
    Probably not, but if you lost your homeworld and you were a commander of the fleet, you'd um... want revenge. I believe we've seen that in Star Trek Deep Space Nine...

Whose homeworld was destroyed in DS9? Even the Cardies were pretty sensible and of the mind "let's not just kill them back, there's more to it than this"when they lost a few cities.

However you slice it, we shouldn't be eyeing any major planet for the arbitrary, stake raising, fodder. It worked for the first JJ "Star Trek" movie because each planet wiped had a very distinct narrative point that the movie hinged (however dimly) around (and mind you only the villian turned it into a revenge quest.)

Here it'd simply be random drama, action designed to cause a cheap emotional thrill but only for what it signifies in and of itself. The only circumstance where blowing a planet up in STO would mean anything (and thus where it would be in some way justified) is if it was New Romulus that went, and that would be a VERY counter-productive thing to do.
    edited May 2014
    Whose homeworld was destroyed in DS9? Even the Cardies were pretty sensible and of the mind "let's not just kill them back, there's more to it than this"when they lost a few cities.

However you slice it, we shouldn't be eyeing any major planet for the arbitrary, stake raising, fodder. It worked for the first JJ "Star Trek" movie because each planet wiped had a very distinct narrative point that the movie hinged (however dimly) around (and mind you only the villian turned it into a revenge quest.)

Here it'd simply be random drama, action designed to cause a cheap emotional thrill but only for what it signifies in and of itself. The only circumstance where blowing a planet up in STO would mean anything (and thus where it would be in some way justified) is if it was New Romulus that went, and that would be a VERY counter-productive thing to do.

apologies for the confusion, but there was a storyline on revenge. Sisko wanted revenge for being so humiliated he started wiping out the ecosystem of planets, making them hostile to certain races.
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    talonxv wrote: »
    Not cardiassia, they are basically a non-entity. Gotta be something more like Bajor and DS9.

That would negatively influence content and having a classic style DS9 is a selling point for STO that they'd lose if they did that.

I think Cardassia is about as major as you could get... and there's a story there if you make it about whether the Bajorans can forgive.

Blowing up Andoria is possible but what story do you get aside from making Shon even more of a loudmouth?
  • hawkhawkinshawkhawkins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Ferenginar... If a world has to blow up I vote ferenginar
    edited May 2014
    What do you get from an angry Shon?

He'll be pushing for us to ally with the Voth to deal with the Undine, he'll help you get the nanoprobes produced on such a scale they'd be considered weapons of mass destruction.

You are seeing a Federation finally showing its teeth. It would draw the Federation and Klingons closer together.

You'll also get rid of a useless social zone.

It'd open the Gamma quadrant to a new sector space. There's the space around the wormhole where your task force is rallying. Nearby would be the Dominion and some exploration nebulas for new doff chains. You'd be getting dominion officers in those doff chains. A new fleet holding can be here, "Cloning Centre' where your fleet would be cloning Jem'Hadar ground troops to supplement your forces. The holdings would give you a greater crew recovery rate. More Doff slots and probably another slot to add one more boff to your staff. Weapons acquired from here would be polaran based. If we're making a fleet where our boffs would command their own ships, then this is the holding to allow for that and its upgrades.
    edited May 2014
    apologies for the confusion, but there was a storyline on revenge. Sisko wanted revenge for being so humiliated he started wiping out the ecosystem of planets, making them hostile to certain races.

You actually might want to rewatch that one, there's a significant narrative you point you missed (and its a good episode in any case.) :)

Much of what that episode was about was Sisko trying to come to terms with his motivations. IE. is he or is he not on a revenge quest? The leader of the Maquis was certainly acting on that presumption and a few people around him suspected it. But what it came down to was forcing the Maquis to come to terms with their own position (risking a very bloody war and their own destruction on an untennable dream) in spite of the temptation just to get back at one particular TRIBBLE (which would have ignored the broader implications of the situation.)

He played the part (but critically he did not become) the bad guy in order to bring the situation to the most peaceful resolution possible. It was a very considerate action that probably ended up saving a lot of lives, not revenge for the sake of it.
    edited May 2014
    He played the part, indeed, but I walk away with the impression that a part of it was revenge.
    edited May 2014
    He played the part, indeed, but I walk away with the impression that a part of it was revenge.

Again just re-watch the episode. Particularly towards the end there's a lot of heavy acting (playing up the image of the mad Starfleet captain when it was necessary to do so) but there's a lot of introspection too that highlights that for Sisko there's more at stake than just his ego. Its there, but he doesn't give into it.
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,149 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    We must pick a planet to sacrifice to the Undine in a mature and civilized manner... Defera... you're up.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Well, you're being left on a bloody big cliffhanger... the next season would be you assembling an alliance of Gamma Quadrant factions in an effort to retake the Alpha Quadrant.

You'd be returning to Bajor with thousands of warships in an effort to finally crush the Undine once for all and you'll have a massive army and fleet of ruthless warriors. Then you'll invade the Sphere once again and force the Voth to come to the table at the tip of your sword, forcing them into your alliance. Before you can take on the Undine, you must lead an alliance force to crush the Borg and drive them away from Voth space.

Then you return to the Undine, with nanoprobes augmented by the Dominion, you will deliver those warheads and force the Undine to the table. There, you will make them understand that they were being manipulated by the Iconians. The Voth demands you wipe out the Borg. So you oblige.

A combined fleet invades Borg space and that'll be the new season. Invasion of Borg space. The Borg, desperate for victory, begins targeting Core worlds of the new alliance. They hit Kronos, Earth, the Dominion Homeworld, New Romulus and the Spheres. In each of those battles, the Undine helps you transport your armada quickly across the galaxy. You command the Klingons, Federation, Dominion, Romulan and Voth fleets respectfully at each battle. Then you hit 001 ultimatrix with everything you have.

Season ends with the Undine leaving, hopefully for good. The Voth dismissing you and returning to their isolation. The dominion telling you not to return to the Gamma quadrant, and hope you never meet again except as adversities on the field of battle. The old alliance then returns to their bickering of what to do with the Spheres.

I love your ideas. It would make perfect sense too. Once you've shared your intel with the dominion on the gigantic Iconian spy apparatus and how the Iconians consider them a grave threat, the dominion may choose to form a temporary alliance with the Feddies, Klingies, and Romsters. I could even forsee the domninion discovering Iconian spies in their ranks or at least servitor species that have been spying on them from a safe distance. After all, the federation did ally itself with the dominion to destroy an iconian gateway in DS9.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • ralphgraphiteralphgraphite Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    thay8472 wrote: »
    We must pick a planet to sacrifice to the Undine in a mature and civilized manner... Defera... you're up.

Poor Defera...attacked by the breen, invaded by the Borg. Yet so unapologetically calm and unhelpful if you beam down to their Visitor's Center. There's nothing there, no bank or exchange, just some guy selling snow tubers. Heck, the Undine could blow them up and the visitor's center would defy laws of reality and probably still be the same. :D

The calmest aliens in the galaxy.