What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

suggestion for new season, we lose

13»

Comments

• daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    r9xchaos wrote: »
    dosent mean that this have to be for ever...im pretty sure i remember a borg mission where Q "helped" us... sooo...

played around with us like Q always does if i recall right
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • r9xchaosr9xchaos Member Posts: 249
    edited May 2014
    Well i thought of this scenario as most logically possible solution to survive a iconian massacre.. without the Q we cant do ****...while i agree a "we loose " would be nice.. so it has to be something logical...we loose but survive ...

othwerwise it would be "we loose , they erase us and the game closes" ....

and the Q are one of the only known species that could change our galaxy with barriers and stuff...
  • deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I didn't say we lose outright. WE, as in the captain is defeated in battle and forced to retreat. The Federation is still standing. It just looks like we're on the verge of defeat when we go get the Dominion and get them in our fight.
  • scurry5scurry5 Member Posts: 1,554 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    What if......every instance of the Undine 'destroy the planetkiller' events is tracked, giving us an average score - followed by future episodes set on the planets in question, with varying degrees of devastation depending on that average score?
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    r9xchaos wrote: »
    story list:

BIGBATTLE ( we get massacred by the iconians...)

we get nearly destroyed

the Q safe us... because the iconians had help from another almost Q-like unkown species

Q Banishs this species who helped the iconians...

the Q taking action against the Iconians limiting them to their "own space"

the Q limiting us withing Alpha and Beta Quadrant ((+ gamma/delta? )) because.. reasons... they are the Q...

due to the actions of the unkown species, the Q and the iconians there have appeared serveral anomalies within the whole galxy wich forces us to invent new technologies to survive and travel... the anomalies also cause more mirror rifts to open and randomly opens whormhole like rifts within the whole galaxy wich leads to war betweel serveral species due to "space violation"... =)

the whormhole like random rifts also make us able to explore gamma and delta quadrants...(( every expansion is a new species... lockbox and so on ))

maybe something like that :D

that would be a terrible storyline. Q are omnipitent and powerful, but even they are limited as to what they can do as far as behavior and codes of conduct are concerned. maybe you should watch tng and see how Q got banished from the continuum in the first place and again on voyager with quinn.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2014
    I fully support this idea, but for it to work I think we need a major change in the game. For instance we need spontaneous and random invasions of the social hubs, random attacks in sector space, and maybe even have the Iconians turn up occasionally during a mission to wreck havoc.

Some ideas, but we need to start ingraining the plotline into the everyday stuff in STO so that it's more realistic in some manner.
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    be nice... once you hit 50, you arrive at a base and you are given an option 'do you wish to beam down into a hostile ESD or a peaceful ESD?"