Install Arc
Options

List of stealth patches

Comments

• Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2014
    vocmcp wrote: »
    Hey, thanks a lot for your contributions :) Just saw them now when checking. Awesome :)

Added it to the list. Thanks a bunch for digging it out and verifying it :)

I'm a bit reluctant to add this once since I feel it's more some kind of bug or something that went wrong when the new crafting system was introduced in the first place. It's not a mechanic that has been "patched" into the game to "fix" something. Also the later patch to the error was listed in patch notes.

It's not a bug. Borticus addressed the issue, he posted that he decided to allow engineer or science mods in both of the UR consoles since the RCS ones were already out in the wild, and just allowing engineer mods on the RCS one would have given some players an unfair advantage. I'm on a cell phone so its hard to find the post, but I'm 99% sure it's in a Holodeck release notes.

Found it:http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=18498431&postcount=5
    It wasn't on accident, it was a conscious decision. Both of these Crafting consoles can have any Eng or Sci mod attached to them.

Once we decided to make that happen for the special RCS console, it seemed improper to not allow the Exciter to benefit from the same variety.

As for URs not getting a Mod... we'll investigate. I don't think that should be possible.
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Got one for you that isn't in the OP:

Several seasons ago (roughly March or April 2012) Fractal Remodulators crafted on Defera were stealth patched from never binding to being bind on pickup. Initially the implementation was a bit buggy and the binding wasn't consistent (hey look, one of my old archived posts) but a stealth patch later made it permanent.

There are still a few of the older does-not-bind versions left on the exchange (7 as of this posting) for several million EC each.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    vocmcpvocmcp Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Got one for you that isn't in the OP:

Several seasons ago (roughly March or April 2012) Fractal Remodulators crafted on Defera were stealth patched from never binding to being bind on pickup. Initially the implementation was a bit buggy and the binding wasn't consistent (hey look, one of my old archived posts) but a stealth patch later made it permanent.

There are still a few of the older does-not-bind versions left on the exchange (7 as of this posting) for several million EC each.

Oldie but goldie :) I've added it to the list. Thanks for letting us know! I've also added the Tour the Universe nerf now.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Oh, the second part of this one got fixed in the August 14th patch:
    17/07/14 (S 9.5) - Of the previous Doff missions that used to appear in exploration clusters only the colonial and operations missions are still available. In addition their rotation as been changed to 20 hours from the previous 4 hours.

"The Duty Officer Mission cooldown on Star Cluster contacts has been reduced from 20 hours down to 4 hours."

It's still only a limited selection of colonial and operations missions though. :(

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    robin74robin74 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    New Romulus Red Alerts have been discontinued, in one of the latest patched probably.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Oh, the second part of this one got fixed in the August 14th patch:

"The Duty Officer Mission cooldown on Star Cluster contacts has been reduced from 20 hours down to 4 hours."

It's still only a limited selection of colonial and operations missions though. :(

Updated that, thanks!
    robin74 wrote: »
    New Romulus Red Alerts have been discontinued, in one of the latest patched probably.

Added to the list, thanks!
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Yet another stealth patch:
    9/25/14 - The projectiles, ground weapons, shields, science, and engineering schools finally produce the mods promised in:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/6001993
  • Options
    rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    lucho80 wrote: »
    9/25/14 - The projectiles, ground weapons, shields, science, and engineering schools finally produce the mods promised in:

Cryptic: What bug? *shifty eyes* *fades into the dark*

lol glad they're finally working :)
  • Options
    welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited September 2014

How is that a stealth patch when they make a posting about it?!?! :confused:
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    It counts as a stealth patch since the fix for those mods never appearing on gear wasn't included in any patch notes. At least that one is a good stealth patch. :p

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    How is that a stealth patch when they make a posting about it?!?! :confused:

The new mods hadn't been tied to the R&D schools except beams and cannons. All of a sudden yesterday, all the other schools got fixed. Maybe I'm blind, but I don't see any reference to the fix here:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1231391
  • Options
    royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Last night, I noticed that the former 2-piece "Enhanced Plasma Infusion" set, which was the Quad plasma cannon (DMGx4) from the Ar'kala and the "Focused Singularity Modulator" from the Ar'kif retro, now shows as a 3 piece set on the tooltips. The third item listed in the tooltip simply says "quad plasma cannon". I'm doing this from memory - I don't recall if there was a 2nd set bonus listed but I'll try and look at lunch after the server comes back up.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • Options
    rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Last night, I noticed that the former 2-piece "Enhanced Plasma Infusion" set, which was the Quad plasma cannon (DMGx4) from the Ar'kala and the "Focused Singularity Modulator" from the Ar'kif retro, now shows as a 3 piece set on the tooltips. The third item listed in the tooltip simply says "quad plasma cannon". I'm doing this from memory - I don't recall if there was a 2nd set bonus listed but I'll try and look at lunch after the server comes back up.

it could be a bug because you can upgrade your mk infinity quad to mk XII quad for free. It's essentially a different weapon with better stats.
  • Options
    royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    rmy1081 wrote: »
    it could be a bug because you can upgrade your mk infinity quad to mk XII quad for free. It's essentially a different weapon with better stats.
    OK, that kinda makes sense, so if you upgrade the quads there is a different "slot" in the set for it, and the third slot probably has no bonus associated with it because you're still limited to one quad per ship.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • Options
    hipachilleshipachilles Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    This thread serves to collect all the little, or not so little, changes to the game that never make it into patch notes.

I'll continue to update OP with recent stealth patches. So if you find one feel free to post it here.
    Unfortunately I'm not able able to verify every single patch for time and technical constraints, nor am I able to revisit past patches. In case you find an error or outdated information please let me now.

Current Format:

Patch date - Patch - source

The September 25th patch added a mod to each and every crafted ultra rare enhanced RCS and particle field consoles which did not receive one during the crafting process. Many of these were listed on the exchange (at low prices) and the mod they received seemed to have been randomly assigned. When one of these "newly modded" consoles was purchased, the assigned mod seemed to have changed again, possibly due to it being assigned on pickup, which wasn't fully recognized by the exchange-listed item.

To me, this was quite the stealth move, but may not have been intended. Since the code for the upgrade may have been the initial cause of the missing mods, that altered code from the release may have been what resulted in these assigned mods. If it was intended to fix those consoles, it was certainly not communicated.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    The September 25th patch added a mod to each and every crafted ultra rare enhanced RCS and particle field consoles which did not receive one during the crafting process. Many of these were listed on the exchange (at low prices) and the mod they received seemed to have been randomly assigned. When one of these "newly modded" consoles was purchased, the assigned mod seemed to have changed again, possibly due to it being assigned on pickup, which wasn't fully recognized by the exchange-listed item.

To me, this was quite the stealth move, but may not have been intended. Since the code for the upgrade may have been the initial cause of the missing mods, that altered code from the release may have been what resulted in these assigned mods. If it was intended to fix those consoles, it was certainly not communicated.

You mean this here don't you? Or am I confusing something?
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=19473621&postcount=68
  • Options
    edited October 2014

Very nice, thanks! Added!
  • Options
    hipachilleshipachilles Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You mean this here don't you? Or am I confusing something?
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=19473621&postcount=68

I don't think so. The ultra rare exotic particle science consoles sometimes would not get an extra mod like [Em] or [Sen] or [Flow]. The same was true for the UR engineering RCS consoles not getting any extra mod for an ultra rare quality crafting result. These consoles were listed very cheap on the exchange since they never received an extra mod.

With the recent patch adding upgrades, all of those consoles which previously had no extra mod listed all of a sudden found themselves with a new mod. There are currently NO ultra rare crafted consoles of those varieties which lack the extra mod. This was a great patch but was not listed in any notes.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I don't think so. The ultra rare exotic particle science consoles sometimes would not get an extra mod like [Em] or [Sen] or [Flow]. The same was true for the UR engineering RCS consoles not getting any extra mod for an ultra rare quality crafting result. These consoles were listed very cheap on the exchange since they never received an extra mod.

With the recent patch adding upgrades, all of those consoles which previously had no extra mod listed all of a sudden found themselves with a new mod. There are currently NO ultra rare crafted consoles of those varieties which lack the extra mod. This was a great patch but was not listed in any notes.

I've added this to the list. Thanks a lot!

I've also updated the list with some Delta Rising stuff.
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I've added this to the list. Thanks a lot!

I've also updated the list with some Delta Rising stuff.

I don't think you can really say that Delta Rising was a stealth patch. While it's true that no patch notes got placed on the forums, it was probably due to the fact that the patch notes were long and management felt it would be better if it was noted on the website:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/7010463-release-notes-october-14th%2C-2014

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    yeah...you really can't 'stealth' an entire expansion
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Stealthed I to the delta rising:

Major ui/functionality to the tailor especially for women.
    Slider min/max values changed, more than 12 new sliders added, lots of clipping removed, some new clipping added.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1244491

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1105861
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Stealthed I to the delta rising:

Major ui/functionality to the tailor especially for women.
    Slider min/max values changed, more than 12 new sliders added, lots of clipping removed, some new clipping added.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1244491

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1105861

I've added this to the DR patch.

I don't think you can really say that Delta Rising was a stealth patch. While it's true that no patch notes got placed on the forums, it was probably due to the fact that the patch notes were long and management felt it would be better if it was noted on the website:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/7010463-release-notes-october-14th%2C-2014

I'm not claiming DR to be a stealth patch. It's been announced widely. I'm merely saying it was launched without patch notes - which is true.
  • Options
    jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I've added this to the DR patch.

I'm not claiming DR to be a stealth patch. It's been announced widely. I'm merely saying it was launched without patch notes - which is true.

the patch notes are on the news page only, so its not that they arent there, they just arent where they are supposed to be
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    the patch notes are on the news page only, so its not that they arent there, they just arent where they are supposed to be

I get it..... thanks! It's been corrected.
  • Options
    generalklanggeneralklang Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Aegis set pieces (shield, deflector, engine) were changed to account bind on equip from character bind on equip (this was intended, to bring them in line with other crafted gear..the Dev post pointing out this intent is easily found with google but I'm on my phone).

A few weeks later they were nerfed back to char bind on equip, likely accidentally.

At the time, auto scaling aegis was char bind, Mk XII (the season 9.5 *new* stuff) was not.

Don't recall that buff followed by a Nerf mentioned
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Aegis set pieces (shield, deflector, engine) were changed to account bind on equip from character bind on equip (this was intended, to bring them in line with other crafted gear..the Dev post pointing out this intent is easily found with google but I'm on my phone).

A few weeks later they were nerfed back to char bind on equip, likely accidentally.

At the time, auto scaling aegis was char bind, Mk XII (the season 9.5 *new* stuff) was not.

Don't recall that buff followed by a Nerf mentioned

Added to the list. Thanks!
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Just tossing in a thanks for keeping thread updated, it is helpful.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Just tossing in a thanks for keeping thread updated, it is helpful.

You're welcome ;)

I updated OP with an interesting thread including dev response on why they fail to publish immaculate patch notes.
  • Options
    crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,807 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This thread serves to collect all the little, or not so little, changes to the game that never make it into patch notes.

If you'd like to know why this information happens to be missing sometimes read up some dev responses here

I'll continue to update OP with recent stealth patches. So if you find one feel free to post it here.
    Unfortunately I'm not able able to verify every single patch for time and technical constraints, nor am I able to revisit past patches. In case you find an error or outdated information please let me now.

Current Format:

Patch date - Patch - source

Thanks for the list and specially for including the Tour of the galaxy...that was a major fiasco as well that saw the last exodus of players leaving this MMO....now same thing happened with XP nerfing of 10/23....good list.
    DUwNP.gif