test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

List of stealth patches

vocmcpvocmcp Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
This thread serves to collect all the little, or not so little, changes to the game that never make it into patch notes.

If you'd like to know why this information happens to be missing sometimes read up some dev responses here

I'll continue to update OP with recent stealth patches. So if you find one feel free to post it here.
Unfortunately I'm not able able to verify every single patch for time and technical constraints, nor am I able to revisit past patches. In case you find an error or outdated information please let me now.

Current Format:

Patch date - Patch - source

List of stealth patches:

03/26/15 - Exchange: Fixed Sorting tools so that "Acsending/Descending order by price per unit" works correctly. In the past, choosing one would cause the opposite to occur.

03/17/15 - Cryptic lays of 18 people including STO developer Matt Miller and Community Moderator Captain Smirk. No official confirmation or communication was ever given. All the best to all that left and thank you so much for helping to develop STO further.

03/05/15 - Cryptic announces a new T6 bug ship for gamble defying an old news post promising the T5 bug to be upgradeable to T6 at no cost. This news post was later stealth edited "down" to T5U. The resulting rage was addressed in an offical EP reply which itself is buried deep in a thread and hard to find.

03/xx/15 - Rewards for completing the mission "Assimilation" have been reduced in quality

02/26/15 - Dillithium rewards to the Voth Battlezone (Dyson Ground Zone) have been reduced slightly.

02/05/15 - Reputation projects no longer provide bonus dilithium during dilithium weekends. The corresponding news article was later edited to reflect the change and an EP apology issued.

01/29/15 - STO's 5th year anniversary starts. Due to lags, crashes and server outages there are emergency maintenances being run. No patch notes.

11/20/14 - Doff UI now has toggle checkboxes for trait/specialization filters when planning doff assignments; boxes are 'sticky' and remembered between assignments.

11/12/14 - Fixed a bug that made the UI get drawn wrong for some people. In the case of ability and doff icons they would be 2/3-ish their normal size and distorted due to their aspect ratio getting changed.

Sometimes special boffs, like the jemhadar were not drawn properly on the character select screen, it used to be that this was almost always.

11/06/14 - Holograms consumed in a doff mission cannot be re-replicated. Note: this may be a bug.

10/16/14 - Ship Upgrade Requisitions can now be found on the exchange

10/14/14 - A first emergency maintenance is applied to Delta Rising. No patch notes published.

10/14/14 - Delta Rising is launched.

Some DR changes that were not listed in the patch notes:
* Major ui/functionality to the tailor especially for women.
* Slider min/max values changed, more than 12 new sliders added, lots of clipping removed, some new clipping added.

9/25/14 - added a mod to each and every crafted ultra rare enhanced RCS and particle field consoles which did not receive one during the crafting process

9/25/14 - The projectiles, ground weapons, shields, science, and engineering schools finally produce the mods promised in: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/sta...detail/6001993

September 14 - New Mk XII Aegis set now binds to character. It used to bind to account.

28/08/14 - Doffs can be dragged into the chat window again (by dragging them into a mail slot first).

August 14 - New Romulus Red Alerts have been discontinued

22/07/14 - Orion slavers were altered to prevent usage of their powers against unkillable enemies. In the process their loot table for stealing items seems to have been halfed too. Whether the latter is a bug or on purpose is not clear at the moment.

22/07/14 - Unique consoles from the two Xindi ships now bind on pickup. This is a change from them binding on equip previously.

17/07/14 (S 9.5) - Juel Ducane Warp Theorist doff fixed. Using 3, it can proc on 3 systems on use of Energy Siphon.

17/07/14 (S 9.5) - common and uncommon unreplicatable materials are now bind on pickup

17/07/14 (S 9.5) - Schematic: Horta Mineralogy Research (Standard) now binds on pickup.

17/07/14 (S 9.5) - Of the previous Doff missions that used to appear in exploration clusters only the colonial and operations missions are still available.

17/07/14 (S 9.5)- Classic Beach on Risa is open for visitors again

07/14 - At some point during the summer event the old Risa beach has been made inaccessible. This may are may not be related to a foundry exploit of a mysterious tribble cult petting furry creatures in the caves of Risa.

07/14 - At some point during the summer event the latest dill foundry exploit seems to have been closed. The bushes of Starfleet Academy have found their peace.

5/15/14 - Foundry Starfleet stock costumes with names beginning with "Starfleet Captain" have all been altered to be wearing black MACO armor.

S9 (April 14) - The nerve tonic from the mission "Night of the comet" is now bound on pickup. The item is used to attain the seductive dance emote.

S9 (April 14) - Ground kit modules are now bound on pickup Before fixing this the items got hidden from the exchange.

S9 (April 14) - Duty officer abilities no longer affect pets
This item has probably been mentioned - yet it's description is not exhaustive

S9 (April 14) - Foundry dillithium rewards seem to have been increased

6/27/2013 - Doff stacking exploit fixed by adding a duplicate assignment check.

Juli 2013 - A 4 hour cooldown was added to Tour the Universe upon pickup. This change was later added to patch notes.

April 2012 - Fractal remodulators now bind on pickup
Post edited by vocmcp on

Comments

• Options
    ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1064911
    Resolved an issue which was allowing carrier pets to inherit enhancements from their owners and retain them until despawned.

An example is when using Attack Patern Beta I, a carrier pet would inherit this power which is not meant to occur.
    Note the example does not say pets got APB1 but they got the enhancement from APB1, and all such undesired inheritance was corrected.
  • Options
    decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Note the example does not say pets got APB1 but they got the enhancement from APB1, and all such undesired inheritance was corrected.

I knew I had read it somewhere, I was searching for it but you beat me to it.
  • Options
    edited May 2014

Thanks for digging that out! I have made an update to OP but still left the item in general. I do not find the description to be very good.

I'll also keep on going with the thread. If you find something post it :)
  • Options
    decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    vocmcp wrote: »
    Thanks for digging that out! I have made an update to OP but still left the item in general. The way the description is it cannot be excluded that this might have been two updates. Even if it was only one, the description is not exhaustive.

You quoted an example, it is not meant to be an exhaustive list but to give an idea. The main part which you didn't quote makes it clear that they were fixing it so hangar pets won't get enhancements they were never meant to get.
    Resolved an issue which was allowing carrier pets to inherit enhancements from their owners and retain them until despawned.
  • Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    So pets will no longer be buffed by the players Boff powers?
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    OP updated
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Do stealth nerfs to the exchange to correct oversights on gear binding count? :P

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Do stealth nerfs to the exchange to correct oversights on gear binding count? :P

Any change to the game that has not been in patch notes and is not a possible bug counts :) Can you provide a more detailed description by any chance?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    A long time ago in a season far far away, when Cryptic goofed and forgot to make Gold lockboxes bind on pickup, they stealthily removed them from exchange search results (which they can do live, without taking the game down to apply a patch).

On day 1 of Season 9, the same thing happened with the fleet kit modules (e.g. ultra rare plasma grenade mk XII etc etc). They were bind to account on equip instead of bind to character on pickup. When they found out, they did the silent exchange search kill, and then stealth patched them to BoP in the S9 day 2 patch.

What they didn't realize is that they made the same mistake with the 8472 reputation kit modules that unlock at the T3 rep. Those too were BoE instead of BoP, so when a bunch of people hit T3 rep, they gladly threw their modules up on the exchange as well. This was also stealth fixed a week or two ago.

They don't like announcing fixes to errors in the player's favor in most cases. Technically the binding was a bug (oversight), but the killing of exchange search results was not.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    porchsongporchsong Member Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Don't forget about the NWS Private game stealth patch where you only get rewards when you fail or win--not during.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    porchsong wrote: »
    Don't forget about the NWS Private game stealth patch where you only get rewards when you fail or win--not during.
    Was that stealth? I think it was just cryptically mentioned in the log.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    onyxheart1onyxheart1 Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    well i just found this out today

apparently in a stealth patch, the nerve tonic that many Orion (and other species as well) RPers use to attain the seductive dance emote has been made bind on pickup/character bound

it used to be you could freely trade, sell, or put it in the bank (account and fleet)
    KDF for Life! <3 Romulan at Heart <3 Fed cause they made me ~ :P
    signature-omega.png
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Yup, that one was noticed during tribble testing for S9.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I've updated OP with the ground item kits and the nerve tonic. Thank you for bringing them up!

On a side note, was it ever mentioned that Fleet alert now rewards the marks at the end of the mission and not in between?
  • Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    They dont have to tell you anything. This thread is dumb.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Any updated on this one by any chance?
  • Options
    daqheghdaqhegh Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    vocmcp wrote: »
    I'm fed up with all sorts of stealth patches that never make it into patch notes.

Ninja nerfing makes STO go around.
    My Old Blog about things that could and should have been added when I wrote it. Not sure what I want to do with it now. I'll just keep it available now that most of it is outdated.
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    B-but muh entitlement! D=
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2014
    6/27/2013 - Doff stacking exploit fixed by adding a duplicate assignment check.
  • Options
    conundrumnsaconundrumnsa Member Posts: 705 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Wow...this actually made my ears pop.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    OP updated. Feel free to add new ones with Season 9.5
  • Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The Nerve tonic was made BoP a long time ago pre LoR. I use to farm the tonics back then until they did that, so I stopped. If you were still able to grab multiples of them then some how you were bugged.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Updated OP
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Thanks, I was wondering what the heck that patch was yesterday.
  • Options
    adwynythadwynyth Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I didn't see anything about the massive nerf to expertise and the smaller nerf to XP on doff missions.

No more "Infiltrate the Orion Syndicate" to get you over the top of a level or get just enough points to spin that one rep project.
  • Options
    walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    adwynyth wrote: »
    I didn't see anything about the massive nerf to expertise and the smaller nerf to XP on doff missions.

No more "Infiltrate the Orion Syndicate" to get you over the top of a level or get just enough points to spin that one rep project.

I got Infiltrate the Orion Syndicate just now.
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • Options
    asindar1asindar1 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    How about the removal of cluster exploration and make them just popups on the map. Instead of having a long list of doff missions from all departments you get only colonial/operations.

Well the stealth nerf is that now these missions only rotate every 20 hours instead of the normal 4 hours for Current Map doff missions.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    asindar1 wrote: »
    How about the removal of cluster exploration and make them just popups on the map. Instead of having a long list of doff missions from all departments you get only colonial/operations.

Well the stealth nerf is that now these missions only rotate every 20 hours instead of the normal 4 hours for Current Map doff missions.

Thank you. This has been added.
  • Options
    alexvio1alexvio1 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited July 2014
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    alexvio1 wrote: »

Thank you! I've added it to OP.