What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

List of stealth patches

Comments

• Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    common and uncommon unreplicatable materials are now bind on pickup as well, and they weren't before thursday
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    adwynythadwynyth Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    walshicus wrote: »
    I got Infiltrate the Orion Syndicate just now.
    Yup. The mission wasn't removed, but the 4-digit expertise and XP reward was.

When I checked, it was more like 600XP (at level 50) and some paltry amount of expertise, less than 100 I believe.
  • Options
    vocmcpvocmcp Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    adwynyth wrote: »
    Yup. The mission wasn't removed, but the 4-digit expertise and XP reward was.

When I checked, it was more like 600XP (at level 50) and some paltry amount of expertise, less than 100 I believe.

Do you have any more details/date on that?

Updated OP with the latest patch.
  • Options
    adwynythadwynyth Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    vocmcp wrote: »
    Do you have any more details/date on that?

Updated OP with the latest patch.

I don't, but you can check any doff mission now to see the pathetic XP and expertise.

And I know the change happened with 9.5 because I used to run some of those missions regularly for expertise on non-50 characters, and did so shortly before 9.5 came out.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    adwynyth wrote: »
    I don't, but you can check any doff mission now to see the pathetic XP and expertise.

And I know the change happened with 9.5 because I used to run some of those missions regularly for expertise on non-50 characters, and did so shortly before 9.5 came out.

Thanks a lot! I've added it to the list.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Uh, what? Cxp is the same as before..
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    17/07/14 (S 9.5) - common and uncommon unreplicatable materials are now bind on pickup

17/07/14 (S 9.5) - Schematic: Horta Mineralogy Research (Standard) now binds on pickup.

S9 (April 14) - The nerve tonic from the mission "Night of the comet" is now bound on pickup. The item is used to attain the seductive dance emote.

Why? What's the point of these?!?!?
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Why? What's the point of these?!?!?
    to make sure people can't do exactly what i'm currently doing with the huge stacks of common unreps i currently have on the exchange - sell for massively inflated vales
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    atlmyklatlmykl Member Posts: 305 Arc User1
    edited July 2014
    Thank you! I've added it to OP.

You should take it off the list. It is still the same. Just completed a NON crit for 1728 esp cxp and 3.3k expertise. Maybe you should verify a claim before posting...
    17/07/14 (S 9.5) - CXP and experience received from some doff missions (e.g. Infiltrate Orion Syndicate) have been reduced drastically.
    In other news the sky is not falling and Onyxia is not deep breathing more often.
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Doff recruitment assignments and veteran dil refining assignments had their cooldowns doubled to 48 hours (not counting lockout) with s9.5.
    I need a beer.

• Options
    tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    how is the recent slaver stealth nerf not included in your list?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Doff recruitment assignments and veteran dil refining assignments had their cooldowns doubled to 48 hours (not counting lockout) with s9.5.

The doff recruitment has been this way as long as I have been playing. So no change there.

Have not done the veteran refining since the patch but it was 1000 every 2 days, worked out to a average of 500 per day.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    atlmykl wrote: »
    You should take it off the list. It is still the same. Just completed a NON crit for 1728 esp cxp and 3.3k expertise. Maybe you should verify a claim before posting...

In other news the sky is not falling and Onyxia is not deep breathing more often.

Sorry I am not able to verify every single bit posted here. I try as good as possible but in this case the claim seemed credible. I've removed it for now.
    how is the recent slaver stealth nerf not included in your list?

Thank you, I've added this.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    The doff recruitment has been this way as long as I have been playing. So no change there.

Have not done the veteran refining since the patch but it was 1000 every 2 days, worked out to a average of 500 per day.

God no. I've been here just shy of 4 years and I definitely remember it was 24 hours for the assignment, plus the cooldown but now it has been doubled up to 48 hours plus cooldown.
    I need a beer.

• Options
    policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Nope. Recruitment assignments for a KDF appeared every single day before the new doff system.

After that, i think i still didnt grab any "evaluate boff" assignments in my KDFs. Its obvious that something is wrong with it.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    God no. I've been here just shy of 4 years and I definitely remember it was 24 hours for the assignment, plus the cooldown but now it has been doubled up to 48 hours plus cooldown.

Thanks, I added this.
    Nope. Recruitment assignments for a KDF appeared every single day before the new doff system.

After that, i think i still didnt grab any "evaluate boff" assignments in my KDFs. Its obvious that something is wrong with it.

Personally I'd suspect this to be a bug wouldn't it?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Thanks, I added this.

You missed out the recruitment assignments. They've had their lengths doubled too.
    I need a beer.

• Options
    edited July 2014

You remember? Would you bet all of your dil on it? I do those missions everyday. I have been for at least the last 15 months maybe longer. It has always been 48 hour mission with 48hr cd. I would run the 4 from NR command, 2 days later I would collect the reward. Go to ESD run the 4 missions there, 48hrs later the ones I would collect the earthling doffs and the NR command missions would be comming off cd and I would run those.

I cannot say it has been that way longer than 15 months but it has been that way since LoR launched.

Even from STO Wiki

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Personnel_Officer_(Starfleet_Academy)
    And that page was last edited nov 2013.

"Civil Corps Recruitment”
    Awards two Common Duty Officers of the relevant department.
    Cost: None
    Time to Completion: 2 days
    Cooldown (from start of assignment): 96 hrs

and for Klingon..
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/Imperial_Personnel_Officer
    Also last edited nov 2013
    “Civilian Draft Authorization”
    Awards two Common Duty Officers of the relevant department.
    Cost: None
    Time to Completion: 2 days
    Cooldown (from start of assignment): 96 hrs

So still sure about that?
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    -I literally just did Infiltrate Orion Syndicate yesterday because of this thread, and it has not changed at all. It still rewards over 1k cxp for a non-crit.

-The veteran refining mission has always been 48 hours (or at least it has been for the last 2-3 years) with no cooldown. 1000 dil every 2 days, averaging to 500 per day. I haven't done it since S9.5 so I don't know if a cooldown was added (I doubt it but I've fired one off right now and will find out in 2 days), but the duration is still 48 hours like it always has been.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Thank you for your input guys. I've removed the dill refining.
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yup. No cooldown on dil refining once it's done.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    You remember? Would you bet all of your dil on it? I do those missions everyday. I have been for at least the last 15 months maybe longer. It has always been 48 hour mission with 48hr cd. I would run the 4 from NR command, 2 days later I would collect the reward. Go to ESD run the 4 missions there, 48hrs later the ones I would collect the earthling doffs and the NR command missions would be comming off cd and I would run those.

I cannot say it has been that way longer than 15 months but it has been that way since LoR launched.

Even from STO Wiki

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Personnel_Officer_(Starfleet_Academy)
    And that page was last edited nov 2013.

and for Klingon..
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/Imperial_Personnel_Officer
    Also last edited nov 2013

So still sure about that?

Is there really a need to be so snarky about it? :rolleyes:

Yes, I am still sure that they were 24 hour assignments until very recently. Like you I did them every day for a long period of time and I distinctly recall them being 24 hour assignments. I can recall them being this way since at least season 6. Every day (with some exceptions) I would log in, get the relevant assignments from SFA/KFA and later Nomulus, plus any I saw in sector space while I was on my way. This was once per day. I.e. every 24 hours.

EDIT

I forgot to mention, I've heard that some of the less important NPCs in the game have received facial remakes. NPCs like Mack Calhoun on K7, the ops lady on DS9 who calls you when you go to dock, Linnea on ESD.
    I need a beer.

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Is there really a need to be so snarky about it? :rolleyes:

Yes, I am still sure that they were 24 hour assignments until very recently. Like you I did them every day for a long period of time and I distinctly recall them being 24 hour assignments. I can recall them being this way since at least season 6. Every day (with some exceptions) I would log in, get the relevant assignments from SFA/KFA and later Nomulus, plus any I saw in sector space while I was on my way. This was once per day. I.e. every 24 hours.

EDIT

I forgot to mention, I've heard that some of the less important NPCs in the game have received facial remakes. NPCs like Mack Calhoun on K7, the ops lady on DS9 who calls you when you go to dock, Linnea on ESD.
    I think your memory is faulty....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited July 2014

i have a similar recollection.
    seems these people remember it being that way too:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=264019
  • Options
    centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm not sure how recent this change is, since I normally remeber to fill my ship stations before leaving a starbase; now the skills screen shows the command icon in the training box for each skill listed for each BOff. Nice touch, even if a bit superfluous.
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Concerning the dill I'll leave it off the list since there's too much of a dispute about it

I'm not sure how recent this change is, since I normally remeber to fill my ship stations before leaving a starbase; now the skills screen shows the command icon in the training box for each skill listed for each BOff. Nice touch, even if a bit superfluous.

Do you have more details/screenshot by any chance. I have literally no idea what you mean despite looking for it.
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2014
    New one comfirmed by Borticus:

8/7/2014 - Science R&D UR consoles allowed to have engineering mods.
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2014
    New one (unknown date, but possibly S9.5 release) - Juel Ducane Warp Theorist doff fixed. Using 3, it can proc on 3 systems on use of Energy Siphon. (Personally tested)
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Hey, thanks a lot for your contributions :) Just saw them now when checking. Awesome :)
    lucho80 wrote: »
    New one (unknown date, but possibly S9.5 release) - Juel Ducane Warp Theorist doff fixed. Using 3, it can proc on 3 systems on use of Energy Siphon. (Personally tested)

Added it to the list. Thanks a bunch for digging it out and verifying it :)
    lucho80 wrote: »
    New one comfirmed by Borticus:

8/7/2014 - Science R&D UR consoles allowed to have engineering mods.

I'm a bit reluctant to add this once since I feel it's more some kind of bug or something that went wrong when the new crafting system was introduced in the first place. It's not a mechanic that has been "patched" into the game to "fix" something. Also the later patch to the error was listed in patch notes.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    OP updated with doff drag and drop working again.