Comments

• zaalbarzaalbar Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Assignment: Entertain Foreign Dignitaries

Outcome: Disaster (1 lost, 1 injured)

I have no idea what happened here.
  • rarebear1rarebear1 Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hi I haven't had one yet will edit when I do but what have you had for DOFF sillyness
    Proud Trekkie Favorite episode from TOS is The Doomsday Machine TNG: Yesterday's Enterprise VOY: Endgame part 1 and 2 DS9: Emissary ENT: Assmilation
  • smazazelsmazazel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I love the irony of sending Tholian Doffs on the EVA suit training assignment. and btw they have all the success traits.
  • sekritagentsekritagent Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I love when I send my away team to Entertain Foreign Dignitaries on my alts (with mostly white doffs) and it ends in a DISASTER with the dignitaries and several crew members dead.

I always imagine calling the doffs into my Ready Room and completely freaking out, "Are you serious??? SERIOUSLY?! How did we go from diplomatic reception to interstellar cage match??? For Christ's sake, how does this even happen over deviled eggs and champagne??? What the hell happened in there??? Somebody better explain this right the hell now or I swear to God..."
    Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and the players love it! No, seriously! ...Why are you laughing so hard? :(
  • adeonhawkwoodadeonhawkwood Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I like sending my Shakespeare Hologram to write one of the commendation reports. I like to imagine the look on Admiral Quinn's face when he gets a report written entirely in Iambic pentameter.
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    My security officers just confiscated a human male engineer from my crew. I'm going to assume he was someone's love slave.

(This was just a display issue with the rewards left over from a recruitment mission I had already cleared.)
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    zaalbar wrote: »

I like it when the chef or the entertainer is the one killed. You know there's more to that story.
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Right now I've got Cardassian diplomats reviewing refugee conditions on Bajor. I look forward to their report.
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    zaalbar wrote: »

Somebody rolled a 1 on his Diplomacy check. :D
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • mvp333mvp333 Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    themarie wrote: »
    * Execute Changeling Spy -- it's is frigging HILARIOUS when I send someone who couldn't possibly be a changeling... Exocomp,

...How so? An Exocomp could easily be a changeling. If a completely untrained, self-taught Odo could replicate a working combadge, I don't see why a well-trained Changeling couldn't be an Exocomp.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    well his was interesting.... a deltan bartender died making cocktails... O_O'
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • raptor63549raptor63549 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I send my civilians on commando missions all the time.
    I think my bartenders are former SEALs
  • zysalianzysalian Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    "Unusual" duty officer choices for assignements are always fun. Like sending holographic William Shakespeare to mine dilithium in unstable asteroid cluster, sending a Gorn to provide shore leave services to Dyson personnel or having a Horta participate in shipboard concert. Besides, I am kinda curious about what kind of music were they playing when a shipboard concert involving a Horta, a Tholian and a Liberated Borg ended as Critical Success.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    zysalian wrote: »
    "Unusual" duty officer choices for assignements are always fun. Like sending holographic William Shakespeare to mine dilithium in unstable asteroid cluster, sending a Gorn to provide shore leave services to Dyson personnel or having a Horta participate in shipboard concert. Besides, I am kinda curious about what kind of music were they playing when a shipboard concert involving a Horta, a Tholian and a Liberated Borg ended as Critical Success.

No one really knows what it was, but everyone was amazed.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • tecbulltecbull Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yesterday I sent 2 commons to play a game of Fizzbin. One did not survive. Today I sent a Tholian to participate in the Beta Ursae Marathon. I would pay to watch that in person. The other day 2 hortas and a Liberated Borg critted a 3 day survival mission. I've sent Hortas on many combat missions and they always do very well. When do we get a Horta BOFF?
    Oil, because Matter-Antimatter reactors haven't been invented yet... Please Hurry!
    edited May 2014
  • killdozer9211killdozer9211 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    tecbull wrote: »
    Yesterday I sent 2 commons to play a game of Fizzbin. One did not survive. Today I sent a Tholian to participate in the Beta Ursae Marathon. I would pay to watch that in person. The other day 2 hortas and a Liberated Borg critted a 3 day survival mission. I've sent Hortas on many combat missions and they always do very well. When do we get a Horta BOFF?

We got one for free a couple months back. Mine was Ensign Fizzles, but he killed like 4 klingons in a single mission and always manages to burrow out of the ground whenever I call him in for backup on missions, even when I'm on a spaceship or station. I figured that kind of professional competence and preparation for missions warranted a promotion, so now he's Lieutenant Commander Fizzles.
  • t0xsick2t0xsick2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'm surprised no body mentioned holographic doffs ending up in sick bay on a fail mission lol. I always picture McCoy in my head "IM A DOCTOR, NOT AN ENGINEER" :P
  • tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    My favorite target for Doffing Silliness is the Vulcans.

I send them a Tactical Exocomp to learn unarmed martial combat.
    I wonder how you can teach that to a lifeform without arms or legs? :rolleyes:

Or I send them an Orion female to learn mental discipline.
    I think it's more the Vulcans who will need to practice aforementioned principle! :eek:
    Ironically, she came back with a Critical.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    after the new FE, marauding has become amusing, make peace, then raid 3 fed outpost and 5 ships.

also dna gathering mission who do I send:

orion, nope
    Caitian/Ferasan, try again
    at least a Romulan right? nope

I send a gorn doctor and grey haired old male warrior, and they crit all the time.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • weirgreifweirgreif Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    DNA is found in blood, you know!
    edited May 2014
    weirgreif wrote: »
    DNA is found in blood, you know!

still amusing, in fact I can't find a way it isn't a little amusing.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
    edited May 2014
    Nitpick of the day, blood is mostly DNA neutral.

I can't speak for alien species, but in humans, when a red blood cell is formed, it ejects it's DNA to become a red blood cell.
    Plasma, which is the other main component of blood, is also DNA neutral.

There are some white blood cells (phagocytes and T-cells) and platelets which contain DNA, but they're low in concentration compared to the two primary components.

If I wanted to do a real DNA test, I'd pick some other body tissue other then blood, for concentration.

And now I'm picturing the Gorn and the Klingon handing you a kidney for DNA analysis. ;)

Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
    edited May 2014
    tilarta wrote: »

I can't speak for alien species, but in humans, when a red blood cell is formed, it ejects it's DNA to become a red blood cell.

There are some white blood cells (phagocytes and T-cells) and platelets which contain DNA, but they're low in concentration compared to the two primary components.

If I wanted to do a real DNA test, I'd pick some other body tissue other then blood, for concentration.

And now I'm picturing the Gorn and the Klingon handing you a kidney for DNA analysis. ;)

my favorite way of picturing it is the old klingon making out with some young warrior and the gorn hiding behind the couch trying to reach over a jab the young warrior with a hypospray without being seen.

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited May 2014

blood is used IRL for this purpose, so use of it in fiction seems logical.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited May 2014
    t0xsick2 wrote: »
    I'm surprised no body mentioned holographic doffs ending up in sick bay on a fail mission lol. I always picture McCoy in my head "IM A DOCTOR, NOT AN ENGINEER" :P

I always like it when the EMH ends up in sickbay.

Also like executing my holograms for incompetence. Always picture my captain in full armor, disruptor in hand, walking past the hologram to a computer and hitting the delete key.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited May 2014

rather interesting, then, how blood is usually the primary source of DNA used in crime scene investigation - even moreso than hair or skin
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Compete With a Strategema Master

Your player lost after only two moves, something seemingly statistically impossible. The player was taken to the medical lab for psychological examination.

It was Dr. Sibak.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
    edited May 2014
    rather interesting, then, how blood is usually the primary source of DNA used in crime scene investigation - even moreso than hair or skin

Hair or skin are poor sources of DNA, since they're technically dead tissue and therefore, the DNA strand will have degraded, making it hard to analyze.
    A fresh strip of skin will be alive though, but you'd have to dig deep to tear that off.

And to obtain DNA from blood, you actually have to remove the red blood cells and the plasma so you're left with the parts that can be analyzed.

An alternative method I am aware of is to swab a Q-tip on the inside of the cheek, scrape off some cells and this is an easier way to obtain DNA.