test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Favorite bit of doffing silliness?

starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
edited December 2014 in Duty Officer System and R&D
"Surgically Alter an Agent for Insertion at Federation Outpost". Security officer I ended up using was a Gorn.

Okay, now what the flippin' flap is he going undercover as?
"Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
— Sabaton, "Great War"
VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
Post edited by starswordc on

Comments

• dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    On that note I find on my crew the Tholians are the best to be sending to races on Bajor...

Though I wonder if your agent was surgically altered to being a bodybuilder modelling the latest in alligator themed wear, complete with claws and spikes on the "gloves" and "boots"... :P
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Did her/him/it succeed?
  • doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    starswordc wrote: »
    "Surgically Alter an Agent for Insertion at Federation Outpost". Security officer I ended up using was a Gorn.

I've seen this guy before, it was an Alien with a Gorn head.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I still get a kick out of sending Shakespeare on assignments
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • hawke89305092hawke89305092 Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I fondly remember the first time I did the assignment to play a Stratagema Master. I sent a white human with no desirable traits, and got a critical success.

You might say, I busted the guy up... :cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • killdozer9211killdozer9211 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I always got a kick out of the winter event doff assignments. Sending Shakespeare and my horta to test the effectiveness on thermal outerwear was an amusing image.

"Doth these targ-fur earmuffs make thine sub-arctice experience more bearable?"
    *gurgle*
    "Yea, verily." *checks clipboard.*
  • royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    "Surgically Alter an Agent for Insertion at Federation Outpost". Security officer I ended up using was a Gorn. Okay, now what the flippin' flap is he going undercover as?
    Some ensign's pet iguana?

"Gosh, my pet iguana must've had a growth spurt. He's bigger than the terrarium! I'm gonna hafta buy more flies..."

My favorite still has to be "Investigate Rumors of Klingon Intelligence".
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    My favorite still has to be "Investigate Rumors of Klingon Intelligence".

Yes, this.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    My favorite is sending Horta to play Anbo-jyutsu. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • galadimangaladiman Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Mini Godzilla?
    Please reconsider ARC. Please make it optional, at the least. PLEASE.
    It seems the vast majority of your most active players (forum regulars) hate the idea... and while that's a small subset of the playerbase, I think it's an important constituency.
    THE PLAYERS DO NOT WANT THIS.
  • themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    * Send Hortas, Exocomps, Holograms and Android DOFFs for drinks on the town.

* ANYTHING involving shore leave on Drozana Station. "What?! Drozana?! NOOOOOOO!!"

* Execute Changeling Spy -- it's is frigging HILARIOUS when I send someone who couldn't possibly be a changeling... Excomp, hologram...

* It's also frigging hysterical to sed Hortas on just about any survival, EVA or martial-arts training mission.
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Do the Chef and Bartending chains on your ship with a terrible doff. Some of the failure/disaster messages are great.
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Paint him purple, he can be Barney. My favorite is Investigate Rumors of Klingon intelligence also though, lol.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    http://i.imgur.com/8BnNVwH.jpg

M'Tarr, perhaps the most profitable trader (traitor) in the galaxy.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    * Execute Changeling Spy -- it's is frigging HILARIOUS when I send someone who couldn't possibly be a changeling... Excomp, hologram...

Who would send an Exocomp on a one-way Doff mission?
  • weirgreifweirgreif Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I enjoy using Diplomatic Immunity to wander into the T'Ong Nebula and Neutralize Klingon Interference. This is also known as "invading Klingon space".
    edited May 2014
    Who would send an Exocomp on a one-way Doff mission?
    for that matter how do KDF get exocomps?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • greendragon527greendragon527 Member Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I fondly remember the first time I did the assignment to play a Stratagema Master. I sent a white human with no desirable traits, and got a critical success.

You might say, I busted the guy up... :cool:

Are you implying that if the human were not white he would not have won?

*reported to the NAACP* :P
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I still can't get over DOFF's dying while doing routine turbo lift maintenance. What we're they doing in the shaft, bungee jumping? :confused:

Turn off the external lifesign proximity sensor.
    Turn off the second external lifesign proximity sensor
    Turn off the third external lifesign proximity sensor.
    Turn off the external lifesign proximity sensor system disabled safety protocol.
    Turn off the external lifesign proximity sensor disabled or safety protocl not active alert in engineering.
    Turn off the external lifesign proximity sensor disabled or safety protocol not active alert on bridge.
    Turn off the external lifesign proximity sensor disabled or safety protocol not active alert on the auxilliary bridge.

Turn off the primary collision alert sensor.
    Turn off the secondary collision alert sensor.
    Turn off the tertiary collision alert sensor.
    Turn off the primary, secondary or tertiary collision sensor alert.
    Turn off the turbolift collision sensor or alert malfunctioning alert protocols.

Move turbo lift to highest position.
    Climb turobo lift emergency shaft access ladder to half-height.
    Put your legs into a stable position on the ladder, then lean back with torso into turbolift shaft and stretch out arms.
    Call for turbo lift cabin to go from Deck 1 to Deck 37.

All pretty standard protocols for the routine maintance, except that you:
    Should not Turn off the external lifesign proximity sensor.
    Should not Turn off the second external lifesign proximity sensor
    Should not Turn off the third external lifesign proximity sensor.
    Should not Turn off the external lifesign proximity sensor system disabled safety protocol.
    Should not Turn off the external lifesign proximity sensor disabled or safety protocl not active alert in engineering.
    Should not Turn off the external lifesign proximity sensor disabled or safety protocol not active alert on bridge.
    Should not Turn off the external lifesign proximity sensor disabled or safety protocol not active alert on the auxilliary bridge.

Should not Turn off the primary collision alert sensor.
    Should not Turn off the secondary collision alert sensor.
    Should not Turn off the tertiary collision alert sensor.
    Should not Turn off the primary, secondary or tertiary collision sensor alert.
    Should not Turn off the turbolift collision sensor or alert malfunctioning alert protocols.

Should not Move turbo lift to highest position.
    Should not Climb turobo lift emergency shaft access ladder to half-height.
    Should not Put your legs into a stable position on the ladder, then lean back with torso into turbolift shaft and stretch out arms.
    Should not Call for turbo lift cabin to go from Deck 1 to Deck 37.

It's a common mistake.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
    edited May 2014
    I still can't get over DOFF's dying while doing routine turbo lift maintenance. What we're they doing in the shaft, bungee jumping? :confused:
    Slip and fall? Maybe they accidentally cross circuited something? Kinda like when Scotty almost poked an EPS relay in TNG.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    It's a common mistake.

No, apparently the mistake is one by your counselor(s). The doff was clearly suicidal.

I just figured the TRIBBLE forgot lockout-tagout and got fried when somebody turned the EPS conduit back on.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • jer5488jer5488 Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    My favorite is -

A Night on the Town.

I sent a Bajoran, a Cardassian, a Jem'Hadar, a Romulan, and a Klingon. I firmly expected a critical failure with 'And it took three divisions of security officers from a starship to restore order'.

They came back with a critical success, and had a marvelous time.
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Dabo Girl?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Putting four hortas and a exocomp into the Poker game assignment :D
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • elandarkskyelandarksky Member Posts: 1,013 Arc User
      edited May 2014

Its when a Security Doff dies on the 30min contraband missions.. on a FEDERATION ship you really have to worry about.. :D

'confiscate contraband from crew' or something to that effect name wise
      [Combat (Self)] Your Bite deals 2378 (1475) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother.
      edited May 2014
      Its when a Security Doff dies on the 30min contraband missions.. on a FEDERATION ship you really have to worry about.. :D

'confiscate contraband from crew' or something to that effect name wise
      Mebbe the contraband was a Houdini Mine? And it exploded after it was confiscated?
      -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
      My character Tsin'xing
    • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
      edited May 2014
      Just remembered another good one, researching the Voth toxin for possible recreational purposes. Like my crew's got nothing better to do than figure out new ways to get space high. :P
    • greendragon527greendragon527 Member Posts: 386 Arc User
      edited May 2014
      Putting four hortas and a exocomp into the Poker game assignment :D

They all had great poker faces. None had great hands though.
    • borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
      edited May 2014
      I thoroughly enjoyed reading this thread.
      Jeremy Randall
      Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
      "Play smart!"