Aceton Assimilator OP

Comments

• tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    aa are only op if the person on the other end is braindead
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    aa are only op if the person on the other end is braindead

Which unfortunately seems to decribe a lot of STO players.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • kimmymkimmym Member Posts: 1,317 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    fakefive wrote: »
    AA shoot down more than half the torps fired against them. you dont even have to fire at the aa with energy weapons for them to do this. their hull is well over 12k in many cases, ive seen aa with 28k hull. more than a bop. They literally shut down all systems when spammed and stacking. Insulators has very little effect.
    There are numerous ways to fix them, because they do still need fixed. I use them too and they're stupid OP vs the great majority of opponents if you're even half arsed skilled at using them.

Limit their stacking capabilities. Limit the number of them capable of being on the map at once, at least from a single source. Stop them shooting down destructable torps, at LEAST when noones firing energy weapons at them. Increase the damage energy weapons do to aa. Reason being an overload to their circutry from my normally 14k dps should do more than 1dmg per cycle.

They're rediculous. If you people defending them were even half way capable of taking an objective viewpoint you would admit that.

edit:
    P.S.
    ALL OTHER ARGUMENTS ARE INVALID. MOVE ALONG.

Do you realize that most of the people posting in defense of AAs are Federation and can't even use them? Myself included?

You are making us Feds look bad, guys. Learn to play...
    I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!
    kimmym_5664.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    eurialo wrote: »
    And what about pet and mine spam?
    gravwell or any other weak AOE will wipe them out, will not take out AA
    what about theta vent
    on a console cooldown, cant be spammed
    EWP
    requires a BOFF ability, and cant be spammed either
    yellowstone runabout (with that radiation you can't clear using HE or any other ability)?
    gravwell or strong AOE, or shoot them with energy weapons, which you cannot do with AA
    If you think AA are OP, I must suppose you have never played against a well organized premade...
    Worse than that, played against a well-organized premade that spam AA
    There are several counter attacks to all of that (except the yellowsone runabout radiation or the TDC) but the truth is that average pvp pug do not want to spend time and energy to search and try new strategies to counter attack this and other things. they just want a build good for everything while pvp is a team based game.
    Nah the truth is that AA should have a 3-min CD like every other console in the game but some players need the crutch, some players dont need it and spam it anyway so they can giggle it up in teamspeak.

AA is broken, why do you make excuses for it?
    edited April 2014
    /facepalm

Why is it some people just can't get it thru their head that they are not playing well enough?

Let your ego go. Stop thinking that the AA is the problem.

THE PROBLEM IS YOU

I run a FAW spam build Gal-X currently (Until I finally get my Recluse together.... YAY!) and I have never, ever, not even once been negatively effected by AA spam.

Why?

Because it is one of the weakest things you are likely to encounter in any real PvP.

If you can't handle an AA, you just don't know how to play.

Get better, stop whining, or both. Preferably both.

Here is a clue. Some people play better than you do. You may want to listen to them.
    kimmym_5664.jpg
  • fakefivefakefive Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    kimmym wrote: »
    /facepalm

Why is it some people just can't get it thru their head that they are not playing well enough?

THE PROBLEM IS YOU

I run a FAW spam build Gal-X currently (Until I finally get my Recluse together.... YAY!) and I have never, ever, not even once been negatively effected by AA spam.

Why?

Because it is one of the weakest things you are likely to encounter in any real PvP.

Here is a clue. Some people play better than you do. You may want to listen to them.

meet me in game 'n throw 50 million in the pot we'll 1v1 then you can tell me more about how to play. lol.
  • emperordeslokemperordeslok Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    /facepalm

THE PROBLEM IS YOU

Why?

You mean I actually have a thinking opponent who wants to win themselves in pvp?! And that it's less about magic consoles and more about outsmarting/outmanuvering them?! what is this madness(from a woman on the internet none the less!)
    /sarcasm

The lady is right folks, it's less about toys and more about your brain, pvp isn't won by brute force, if it was everyone would be dhc using tactical officers, sure it has it's place but everything is about awareness, not the autopilot of story line missions and ESTF content
    edited April 2014
    Sadly, that would prove nothing, as you can't even AA spam in a 1v1 anyway.

And I'd just let my PI soak it while I flew out of range.

Because I... wait for it... know how to deal with AAs...
    kimmym_5664.jpg
    edited April 2014
    Sadly, that would prove nothing, as you can't even AA spam in a 1v1 anyway.

And I'd just let my PI soak it while I flew out of range.

Because I... wait for it... know how to deal with AAs...

i dont need AA to kill the next 15 seconds of your life, just sayin.
    edited April 2014
    i dont need AA to kill the next 15 seconds of your life, just sayin.

Do we need the chest-beating and off topic e-peen contest really? the thread is whining about the Aceton Assimilator being op(in the wrong subforum) and they have counters(that have been outlined) isn't that enough
  • rakija879rakija879 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    gravwell or any other weak AOE will wipe them out, will not take out AA

on a console cooldown, cant be spammed

requires a BOFF ability, and cant be spammed either

gravwell or strong AOE, or shoot them with energy weapons, which you cannot do with AA

Worse than that, played against a well-organized premade that spam AA

Nah the truth is that AA should have a 3-min CD like every other console in the game but some players need the crutch, some players dont need it and spam it anyway so they can giggle it up in teamspeak.

AA is broken, why do you make excuses for it?

AA is not a ability that you can spam just like that thinking its invulnerable and in worst case it can be countered with a passive or a sci heal. AA has a hull and it can be destroyed but only if you IQ is higher than of a npc. Like the great Arnold Schwarzenegger said "If it bleeds, we can kill it"
    edited April 2014
    rakija879 wrote: »
    AA is not a ability that you can spam just like that thinking its invulnerable and in worst case it can be countered with a passive or a sci heal. AA has a hull and it can be destroyed but only if you IQ is higher than of a npc. Like the great Arnold Schwarzenegger said "If it bleeds, we can kill it"

uh ya.. the issue is you need a coordinated alpha to kill a console with a 30 second cooldown.

derp.
    edited April 2014
    Do we need the chest-beating and off topic e-peen contest really? the thread is whining about the Aceton Assimilator being op(in the wrong subforum) and they have counters(that have been outlined) isn't that enough

yea when she wants to insult people for stating the obvious then you get what you're given.

Besides all the learn to play arguments can be easily trumped by your Waiting To Respawn button..

lawlz...
    edited April 2014
    uh ya.. the issue is you need a coordinated alpha to kill a console with a 30 second cooldown.

derp.

If you really need a coordinated alpha to deal with AA, you should uninstall this game instantly and spend a year contemplating on what you just said.
    HQroeLu.jpg
    edited April 2014
    yea when she wants to insult people for stating the obvious then you get what you're given.

Besides all the learn to play arguments can be easily trumped by your Waiting To Respawn button..

lawlz...

Having re-read what you said I have to conclude you have little experience with projectile weapons, with only THY or TS a load of quantum or photon torps will destroy targets with 14k hull no problem, and if you get turned to putty by the AA(which does have a stacking limit of 2 effective at once) you must really hate science ships that use things like energy syphon, or what about tykens rift that can't be blown up?
    edited April 2014
    Trust me.

If you can kill me in PvP, you aren't complaining about AAs...
    kimmym_5664.jpg
    edited April 2014
    Having re-read what you said I have to conclude you have little experience with projectile weapons, with only THY or TS a load of quantum or photon torps will destroy targets with 14k hull no problem, and if you get turned to putty by the AA(which does have a stacking limit of 2 effective at once) you must really hate science ships that use things like energy syphon, or what about tykens rift that can't be blown up?

that stacking limit is false. u just make that up or actually believe it?
    Weather or not its stated on the item that is not the way it works.
    edited April 2014
    Trust me.

If you can kill me in PvP, you aren't complaining about AAs...

put your EC where your E-peen is lol.
    edited April 2014
    Any competent level of power insulators makes the point moot.

That is what makes this thread so silly.

Edit: I don't do request, sorry.
    kimmym_5664.jpg
    edited April 2014

If consoles are on CD, AA should be on CD.

This isnt a TRIBBLE-waving contest, stop trying to make it one
    edited April 2014
    Not all consoles are on the same cooldown. Your point?
    kimmym_5664.jpg
    edited April 2014

This isnt a TRIBBLE-waving contest, stop trying to make it one

*facepalm*
    HQroeLu.jpg
    edited April 2014
    Not all consoles are on the same cooldown. Your point?
    Okay list the other universal consoles on 45 sec cooldown
  • tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    a 3 minute cooldown on a console drop than can be killed in a single trop salvo by any competent player? if thats to become the norm, will we see a 3 min cd on yellowstone spam or nukara mines?
    edited April 2014
    a 3 minute cooldown on a console drop than can be killed in a single trop salvo by any competent player? if thats to become the norm, will we see a 3 min cd on yellowstone spam or nukara mines?
    Spam is bad. Consoles are on CD to restrict them from being spammed. AA is not on typical CD. AA is broken. QED.

If you want to say Yellowstones or Interceptors or Nukara should have longer CD, I might surprise you.

This thread is about AA. It is broken.
    edited April 2014
    Okay list the other universal consoles on 45 sec cooldown

Doesn't matter what other consoles share it's exact cooldown. Console cooldown is variable.

They range clear up to 10 minutes, down to 45 seconds.

Simply having a 45 second cooldown is not indicative of its state of balance.

It would have to be over powered at 45 seconds, and it clearly is not so long as said oponent uses any one of many stratagies mentioned here, including the most simple one of just fly away from it.

You can't just say "Other consoles are not 45 so it is OP" because there is no standard of time to go by. Each console is quite clearly balanced on its own merits.

Edit: Actually, I think they finally buffed the 10 minute ones down to all 3 or so for my MVAM... its been a while... still, point stands. My Mobius special is 5 minutes. It may go higher I can't know every ship ever...

Edit2: And while we are quibbling about time... AA on a 45 second cooldown... KCB... UP FULL TIME!!!!! I really don't understand how you aren't blasting those things out of the sky 2 ticks after they hit space if you hate them so badly...
    kimmym_5664.jpg
  • eurialoeurialo Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    AA shoot down more than half the torps fired against them. you dont even have to fire at the aa with energy weapons for them to do this. their hull is well over 12k in many cases, ive seen aa with 28k hull. more than a bop. They literally shut down all systems when spammed and stacking. Insulators has very little effect.
    There are numerous ways to fix them, because they do still need fixed. I use them too and they're stupid OP vs the great majority of opponents if you're even half arsed skilled at using them.

Limit their stacking capabilities. Limit the number of them capable of being on the map at once, at least from a single source. Stop them shooting down destructable torps, at LEAST when noones firing energy weapons at them. Increase the damage energy weapons do to aa. Reason being an overload to their circutry from my normally 14k dps should do more than 1dmg per cycle.

They're rediculous. If you people defending them were even half way capable of taking an objective viewpoint you would admit that.

edit:
    P.S.
    ALL OTHER ARGUMENTS ARE INVALID. MOVE ALONG.

If you use targettable torps against AA, if you let the system select non player object and use autofire in pvp, if you fo not skill power insulator, if you do not know each player can deploy max 2 AA, if you do not know how much energy an AA drain...

Then, sorry but you have a lot to learn.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Playing STO spamming FAW is like playing chess using always the computer's suggested moves
    edited April 2014
    Doesn't matter what other consoles share it's exact cooldown. Console cooldown is variable.
    Not for universals.
    Simply having a 45 second cooldown is not indicative of its state of balance.
    No kidding. Some of them are downright worthless and yet they still have 3 min CD. Then there is something like AA that can be spammed 2x by everybody on the opposing team in such a way that it shuts down the map, and has CD that is shorter than most BOFF abilities.

AA is not so useless that it deserves an exemption. Self-evident that it is more valuable than consoles that boost DPS. It is more valuable and should have a cooldown that is longer than trash universals. Yet it doesnt.
    edited April 2014
    Not for universals

False

Some are 2, for certain. I'm not going to rattle off a list
    kimmym_5664.jpg
    edited April 2014
    Edit2: And while we are quibbling about time... AA on a 45 second cooldown... KCB... UP FULL TIME!!!!! I really don't understand how you aren't blasting those things out of the sky 2 ticks after they hit space if you hate them so badly... I also like kicking puppies and homeless people.

lol.. kcb. really?