test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Skimp'd male characters please (lessons from TSW and SWTOR)

Comments

• Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Funny enough there was a woman on the Enterprise F that had an open jacked with undershirt.
    Why they don't give it to players i really don't know.

Wait there was? WTF that's bogus.
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2014
    Funny enough there was a woman on the Enterprise F that had an open jacked with undershirt.
    Why they don't give it to players i really don't know.

I demand a proofz nowz.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HXoFR-GmWs

24:32
    You can see the counselor sitting there to the right.
  • Options
    queetzqueetz Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    It was T'Laar, the ship's counselor. Luckily, there is a thread at Reddit that has a screenshot.

So yeah...open jacket with no shirt for men, and with shirt for women (proven to be possible *today*) should be provided. I recall even dstahl mentioned it was coming in one of the Ask Questions blogs back in the day (it was shortly after those open jacket uniforms were sold). But alas, it never came....why am I not surprised...
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    That's one of the Jupiter uniforms isn't it? It's not really an open uniform, though it can be coloured that way, the ones with differences are the Sierra / Antares / Dyson uniforms. Also the Odyssey judging by the stupid top heavy Vulcan girl from the old embarrassing banner for series 7 / LoR).
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

• Options
    edited April 2014
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HXoFR-GmWs

24:32
    You can see the counselor sitting there to the right.

That's just one of the Jupiter outfits. It's not a true open uniform.
  • Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    artan42 wrote: »
    That really bothers me as well, having both options for both genders would be best.

However they 'why' is obvious... 'heheboobs :D'

As much as I love "heheboobs" , I wonder why males cant have no undershirt.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    One of the TOS shirts has a bit of a "cut-out" that works for men and women.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    One of the TOS shirts has a bit of a "cut-out" that works for men and women.

I love the tunic. Equal opportunity fanservice for everyone.
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Did anyone notice that there are like a dozen swimwear options for females and only two for males in that screenshot for Risa ?

And neither shorts or whatever a wetsuit is sound like the skimpy speedo I got shoved into my face as soon as I arrived on Risa last year. I knew there wasn't going to be swimwear for us but the map was populated by skimpy NPC'S, I felt trolled. :mad:

I can kinda understand limiting the swimwear to Risa, but does that mean I won't be able to use it outside the summer event ? At least leave the map without the special events ! :)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    qjunior wrote: »
    Did anyone notice that there are like a dozen swimwear options for females and only two for males in that screenshot for Risa ?

I have a great desire for my #picardpanties
    And neither shorts or whatever a wetsuit is sound like the skimpy speedo I got shoved into my face as soon as I arrived on Risa last year. I knew there wasn't going to be swimwear for us but the map was populated by skimpy NPC'S, I felt trolled. :mad:

I know bro. I know. :(
    I can kinda understand limiting the swimwear to Risa, but does that mean I won't be able to use it outside the summer event ? At least leave the map without the special events ! :)

I don't! This is new, free outfits for all races! We need them everywhere!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    An interesting commentary article on the dangers of gender bias and how Funcom really fumbled.

Just to reiterate, female federation characters can be skimpy right now even without the Risa swimwear. They can do so by:

1) Buying the TOS and Mirror Universe costume sets in the C-store and use the mini skirt and sports bra

2) Buy the Ferengi female open jacket at the Lobi store (I think Romulan females can do that too).

3) Obtain the female only cropped winter jackets during the Q Winter Wonderland Event

Males can only be skimpy by rolling an Orion or Gorn, which is limited only to the KDF faction (and we all know how Cryptic treats that side). The upcoming Risa swimwear was the only viable option for males of all factions and species to show some bare torso, but alas, Cryptic has plans to limit the access only on that one zone.

Hence the gender bias, which is ridiculous and has got to stop! :mad:
  • Options
    cuatelacuatela Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    queetz wrote: »
    Cryptic has plans to limit the access only on that one zone.

I've seen screenshots that say otherwise. :rolleyes:

• Options
    edited April 2014
    cuatela wrote: »

As the saying goes...screenshots or it didn't happen. :P
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    cuatela wrote: »

In order to uphold certain internet traditions, "Pics or GTFO". :D
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    In Russia, wet suits you

In Poland, suit wets you

:P
  • Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hence the gender bias, which is ridiculous and has got to stop! :mad:
    I agree with you. I want option for open jackets to have undershirt in them for females as well, not just females being forced to show clevage when they wear open uniforms. I also want, that when you set the boob slider to 0, it should actually be 0, flat chest.. whatever you call it. The gender bias is here... and I don't like it one bit & was always against it. Goes both ways of course, if someone wants a skimpy male, let them.
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• Options
    edited April 2014
    I agree with you. I want option for open jackets to have undershirt in them for females as well, not just females being forced to show clevage when they wear open uniforms.

I absolutely adore cleavage, but yeah I agree. :P
    I also want, that when you set the boob slider to 0, it should actually be 0, flat chest.. whatever you call it. The gender bias is here... and I don't like it one bit & was always against it. Goes both ways of course, if someone wants a skimpy male, let them.

Even the flattest women still have some definition, but the minimum should not be a B-cup. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Even the flattest women still have some definition, but the minimum should not be a B-cup. :rolleyes:

Isn't a cup the measurement unit for cooking in america?
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Isn't a cup the measurement unit for cooking in america?

It is. It's also the standard of bra measurement. The imperial system is weird.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    It is. It's also the standard of bra measurement. The imperial system is weird.

You are using bras to measure flour and milk?
  • Options
    edited April 2014

You can measure two lots of ingredients at the same time :D.

#TASforSTO

• Options
    edited April 2014
    You can measure two lots of ingredients at the same time :D.

Aaaaand ahm.. how do you whisk that together?
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Aaaaand ahm.. how do you whisk that together?

Trampoline duh :P.

#TASforSTO

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Trampoline duh :P.

:eek::eek::eek:
  • Options
    edited April 2014

Well, maybe so, but properly loose clothes can hide those things, so they are not apparent to the outside parties. And trust me, I know... personal experience. When I wear tux or generally anything unisex, nobody can tell I have 'them', so it would be good to have that option in STO as well. :P

"Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 

• Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014

I would like to have a bra-ful of milk, than two bra-fuls of flour......

That sounds so silly XD
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Well, maybe so, but properly loose clothes can hide those things, so they are not apparent to the outside parties. And trust me, I know... personal experience. When I wear tux or generally anything unisex, nobody can tell I have 'them', so it would be good to have that option in STO as well. :P

True, but most of the clothing in STO is pretty tight. :P

Still, B-cups should not be the lowest common denominator.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    True, but most of the clothing in STO is pretty tight. :P

Still, B-cups should not be the lowest common denominator.
    Yes, well, that too should be changed and give us option for loose clothes. I mean, the canon uniforms ie TNG movie, are *not* tight in the movies.

• Options
    megatronis1megatronis1 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I wish people who are resisting, a few players and STO devs, have the same mind set. Choice is really what is desired, and again, while I can't speak for everyone, I would be okay to pay extra for it, to grind for it, or even gamble for it.

In other words a Hive mind. Whether people agree or not, everyone is entitled to their opinions even dissenting ones. Life would be boring if everyone thought the same on everything all the time. And at least swimsuits can be worn on Risa, they weren't last year. As for wearing them everywhere else what point does it serve. Picard nor any other captain wore swimwear while on duty on the bridge or in Starfleet meetings.

The reason is that Starfleet was the Exploration and Military wing of the federation, not a raver/spring break party organization, :D I doubt that's changed in 2409. Even now if you join any army there are rules of conduct, while on duty you must wear the approved uniform of the country you represent. That being said what you do off duty is your choice. (within reason) I add that caveat because some people have gotten booted from the Military if their conduct off duty was unbecoming a officer.