test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Skimp'd male characters please (lessons from TSW and SWTOR)

Comments

• artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2014
    kadams wrote: »

Or, perhaps, open jackets for women that aren't showing cleavage?

And Male ones that are.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    artan42 wrote: »
    And Male ones that are.

Hallelujah!
  • kadamskadams Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    And Male ones that are.

Somehow I forgot to mention that. Yes, I wish for my male BoFFs to be able to show some manly chest like Kirk did.
  • claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Unfortunately its an off-duty outfit which cannot be used to mix and match with other uniform options.

And the swimwear outfits are in thier own category which can't be mixed with off-duty or uniforms. :P
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
  • senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    claudiusdk wrote: »
    And the swimwear outfits are in thier own category which can't be mixed with off-duty or uniforms. :P

Which is pretty dumb, seeing as people on vacation often will wear things like shorts or a shirt or similar with or on-top of their swimwear. :rolleyes:
    edited April 2014

Seriously? Does Cryptic WANT me to hate them? :mad:
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    There are some bigger issues if you are hating them over restrictions to swimsuits.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    kadams wrote: »
    Pretty much this.

Now, if we're going to get into gender bias..... howabout those skant uniforms, eh, eh?

Or, perhaps, open jackets for women that aren't showing cleavage?
    This has been my gripe with female open uniforms too. I want the open version without showing the skin, having the same 'undershirt' like the male version. And, I still gripe about the fact that female TRIBBLE are still too big, even when set to 0 in the Tailor...

Unfortunately, it's a trope in games for most part, to make females (more) sexualized, whereas there's not such an option for male characters. It's not even a matter of choice in many cases. If someone wants a skinny, anorectic skimpy Barbie with huge TRIBBLE, again, for all I care, but I want an alternate option too. Even the facial complexions for females still look they have frickin lipsticks and/or make-up, or that they are plastic... bohooo.

But yeah... as long as these things are optional, ideally with more alternatives, let people have it. It does give me and my friend good topic for conversation, when we go to Battlzone and we laugh 'Who wears a mini-skirt & a bra to a warzone...?' each time we see skimpy Barbies, and it doesn't really hurt my characters, so.. yeah :D
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

edited April 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    There are some bigger issues if you are hating them over restrictions to swimsuits.

I PICK AND CHOOSE MY FIGHTS OKAY!?!?!? :mad:
    edited April 2014
    I PICK AND CHOOSE MY FIGHTS OKAY!?!?!? :mad:

Caps aren't helping anything.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    edited April 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Caps aren't helping anything.

Wow, what happened to your sense of humour?
    edited April 2014
    Wow, what happened to your sense of humour?

I have a very bad sense of humor most of the time.
  • skyranger1414skyranger1414 Member Posts: 1,785 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Skimpy male outfits?

If folks want them why not?

However, what men and women deem attractive is not based on the same things, men value physical beauty, women power and status. Hence men like to see women in skimpy outfits and objectify them that way; while women like to see men in power suits making shows of wealth and status, and objectify them accordingly.
    edited April 2014
    Skimpy male outfits?

However, what men and women deem attractive is not based on the same things, men value physical beauty, women power and status. Hence men like to see women in skimpy outfits and objectify them that way; while women like to see men in power suits making shows of wealth and status, and objectify them accordingly.
    Uh-huh.. I'd not generalize as much... :D

"Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 

edited April 2014
    Uh-huh.. I'd not generalize as much... :D

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
  • claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Which is pretty dumb, seeing as people on vacation often will wear things like shorts or a shirt or similar with or on-top of their swimwear. :rolleyes:
    Gonna agree there, would have loved to combine the shorts from last year, and one of the new tops. :(
    Also didn't seem like there was any footwear. So guess you can only be barefooted, no sandals or flip flops. :rolleyes:

Hopefully a forum rep or dev sees this and suggests adding a few things to the Swimwear category before it goes live. Shorts from last summer event, sandals.. a wrap skirt like Jadzia Dax wore with her swimsuit when she was on Risa. :P
    Still, I think that swimwear should only be useable on Risa.

Edit: Word going around is, that the only way they were allowed to add swimwear for players, was if it was only useable on Risa.
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
    edited April 2014

What woman wouldn't want her some Klaavage?

320x240.jpg

Also why do you think some guys are so into Klingon women? Power and status, and the ability to snap you in half :D.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

edited April 2014
    320x240.jpg
    Would bang. 10/10

• doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    blergh, let them have their characters walk up naked, for all I care. :P
    Support Traditional Canonical Garb for Ferrengi females!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I support the OP.

We should be able to use these off Risa too.

I would be happy if they would be useable only on private maps like starbase , bridge, foundry maps with water....

They could just make it non usable on public hubs like ESD, Kronos, Dyson battlezone etc.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • kadamskadams Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Skimpy male outfits?

Isn't Star Trek sort of about not generalizing people?

Regardless, that may be true about 21st century people (and even then, that's an awful lot of generalization - there are women who love seeing men in skimpy outfits and there are men who love seeing conservatively dressed, powerful-looking women in business suits making shows of wealth and status), but whatabout all those other races you're allowed to be in STO?
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    All I want for my main is a speedo, some flip flops, and a pair of Aviators. And the ability to wear that everywhere. TRIBBLE yeah.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Edit: Word going around is, that the only way they were allowed to add swimwear for players, was if it was only useable on Risa.

Source please?

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
    edited April 2014
    lan451 wrote: »
    All I want for my main is a speedo, some flip flops, and a pair of Aviators. And the ability to wear that everywhere. TRIBBLE yeah.

Like a boss. :cool:
    edited April 2014
    Like a boss. :cool:

Like a Gorn :cool:.

#TASforSTO

edited April 2014
    Like a Gorn :cool:.

What's the difference? ;)
  • solidneutroniumsolidneutronium Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Damn, too bad I found out too late. I could have bought the top 2 suits for my trill and gotten a screenie. Oh well just have to wait I guess.
    Professional Slider Since 2409

Officially Nerfed In Early 2410
  • amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    One thing that's always bothered me about the "open" uniforms options in STO; why do males have an undershirt, and females don't? There isn't a logical reason why females shouldn't have an undershirt option, and males have one without.
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
    edited April 2014
    amosov78 wrote: »
    One thing that's always bothered me about the "open" uniforms options in STO; why do males have an undershirt, and females don't? There isn't a logical reason why females shouldn't have an undershirt option, and males have one without.

That really bothers me as well, having both options for both genders would be best.

However they 'why' is obvious... 'heheboobs :D'

#TASforSTO

• senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    amosov78 wrote: »

Funny enough there was a woman on the Enterprise F that had an open jacked with undershirt.
    Why they don't give it to players i really don't know.