Install Arc
Options

Season 9 Dev Blog #8: Undine Assault

Comments

• Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    xablis wrote: »
    Ummm, have you played a ground mission vs. Gorn npcs? They throw rocks at you there too, apparently they think this strategy works... :D

Hmm nothing has changed as didnt the Gorn do this against Kirk who eventually hit it with a prehistoric version of a bazooka. Gorns must not change there tactics
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    xiaoping88 wrote: »
    Nope. It plays totally different. It's more DOTA in space then it is a copy of the Mirror Event.

Still think it's a poor event and can see me doing other missions to get the Undine marks
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    jexsamx wrote: »
    Everbody read that again and let it sink in for a moment.

The Gorn defense plan is... to throw rocks at it.

Hope it works better on the Undine then it did on Batman.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    vhiranikosvhiranikos Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    robeasom wrote: »
    Still think it's a poor event and can see me doing other missions to get the Undine marks

lol... the reward payout for this mission is miniscule. You WILL have to do other missions for marks.
  • Options
    spookpwaspookpwa Member Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Ferengi will accept good pressed latinum to use enhanced defensive systems and summon Marauders and Mercenaries.

I would say good riddance to Feranginar if they demand latinum to help defend their own world. :P
    Double_e23652_217093.jpg

A test server is supposed to be used to properly test patches before patching anything....
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    If this is same overwhelming horde type of mission that Mirror Universe invasion is now I for one will not be doing this more then once.

You can then stuff this mission and the Undini reputation where the sun does not shine (and I will not even miss it since I can not use all my reputations anyway with revamp of reputation system :rolleyes: )
    Double_e23652_217093.jpg

A test server is supposed to be used to properly test patches before patching anything....
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Nope. It plays totally different. It's more DOTA in space then it is a copy of the Mirror Event.
    Don't you worry, once someone complain it is easy they will make it a copy of Mirror Event. :P
    Double_e23652_217093.jpg

• Options
    simeion1simeion1 Member Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    But.. my vacation spot!

You know Ferengi women can were clothes now, no more cheap thrill there. You know what they say you seen one set of lobes you have seen them all.
    320x240.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    suaveks wrote: »
    Also, on a side note, wasn't the Planet Killer a Babylon 5 thing?

OMG! :eek:

You are right we are not being attacked by the Undini, we are being attacked by the Shadows that want to cause chaos by making us attack the Undini and there by start a war.

Darn those Shadows are sneaky. :P
    Double_e23652_217093.jpg

• Options
    xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    spookpwa wrote: »
    OMG! :eek:

You are right we are not being attacked by the Undini, we are being attacked by the Shadows that want to cause chaos by making us attack the Undini and there by start a war.

Darn those Shadows are sneaky. :P

Vorlons. The Vorlons are the ones with the Planet Killers. :rolleyes:
    The Shadows are manipulating the Borg.
    And all are manipulated by the Iconians... which are servants of our dreaded master, Cthulhu.

Eldritch Lockbox will come. You read it here first.
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • Options
    jrq2jrq2 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Am I the only one to whom that sounds like Mirror event with undine ships?

Don’t you mean Fleet Alert that was re-skinned into Mirror Invasion and now it’s re-re-skinned into the New Undine Assault.

Look like Cryptic has lost its creative mojo, this is not good for a Game developer company
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,401 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    And all are manipulated by the Iconians... which are servants of our dreaded master, Cthulhu.
    Oh come on, that'd be a lame twist worth of M. Night Shamalyan... or Santa Christ.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    lilchibiclarililchibiclari Member Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Actually, if the rocks are launched from the surface of the planet, orbital mechanics would make the rocks that miss their targets fall back and hit the ground.

So, Rocks Fall, Everybody Dies? :D

But seriously, if they were launched fast enough that they exited the atmosphere at above planetary escape velocity, they would not be falling back to the planet.
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    iconians wrote: »
    Thank you for correcting the part of the Gamma Quadrant being included, Morrigan. :cool:
    Swag.:cool:
    I too would like answers to two questions that were posted previously.

Are Ferenginar and Gorn being added to the map as actual locations?

By Andor, do you mean Andoria?
    I'm not sure if the Ferenginar and Gorn are being added to the map.

Andor and Andoria are synonymous. :)
    Cool....But does this mean we will have armed Ferengi NPC ships to assist us in battle? And not just the federation standard ships? Afteral, in Ferenginar the Ferengi would have some ships of their own...
    I believe you do have armed ships. I can't recall if they're *Fed* and *KDF* ships or race specific. I'll check when I get into work today.
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So, Rocks Fall, Everybody Dies? :D

But seriously, if they were launched fast enough that they exited the atmosphere at above planetary escape velocity, they would not be falling back to the planet.
    I've seen Armageddon. I know what's up. :P
  • Options
    admiraltrappittadmiraltrappitt Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    They are armed D'Kora's. For Gpl you can upgrade them, buy more, or hire Nausiccan mercinaries.
    Proad admin of the Star Trek Battles channel. Join today!

I actually like Delta Rising.
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Vorlons. The Vorlons are the ones with the Planet Killers. :rolleyes:
    The Shadows are manipulating the Borg.

Eldritch Lockbox will come. You read it here first.

You wrong. All species in the galaxy are being manipulated by the First Ones from babylon 5.. maybe you forgot em lol. Iconians are nothing compared with em lol. They are supossed the most advanced beings on the entire universe... of course, without the inclusion of the Q Continuum..
  • Options
    luddimusluddimus Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Only 6 rifts to close? Two words: Quantum Absorption
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Actually, according to Hakeev's computer on Nopada ('Cloaked Intentions'/'Freedom' episode "Colisseum"), the Iconians intend (and, by attacking the Undine and causing them to attack 'normal' space, even are already) to set races against each other to weaken them for the Iconians' return.

Which is kind of what the Shadows did, if you think about it.

And the Dyson Joint Command was formed to investigate the Solanae Sphere (Z'ha'dum) and ends up being the front like of defense against servant races like the Solanae and Elachi, kind of like the Army of Light/Interstellar Alliance. Except they're also fighting the Voth who are being manipulated by the Undine like the Shadows and Drahk manipulated the Centauri (We even have a Vir-esque 'This is WRONG, Londo!' figure in Nelan Exil), until they turn the Voth Zone into a blasted wasteland.

Yeah, I'm half-expecting Commander Kaol to be either transferred to an Ambassadorship to Vulcan and replaced at DJC Solanae or, since we appearantly now have a working gateway to the Jenolan Sphere, given a counterpart there - Commander S'haridan.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    pwecangetlostpwecangetlost Member Posts: 538 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Ferengi will accept good pressed latinum to use enhanced defensive systems and summon Marauders and Mercenaries.

We need to bribe the Ferengi to protect their own capital? Let's just let the Undine destroy it.

Also, why do they need these planet killers when 9 cruisers take out a planet?

And why do they suddenly need the sphere when they can open rifts virtually anywhere. With several locations having fluidic space spilling out anyway. While its implied the Delta quadrant has an area particularly successful for fluidic space access, they don't seem to have any issue elsewhere.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    But, ya gotta pay for it. And knowing our luck, it'll probably be just shuttles, the cheap so-and-sos.

Lol, who am I to pay for Ferenginar to defend itself? The other three allied worlds will be fine, but Ferenginar... meh, go to whatever you consider hell. Probably earth :D
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    tarsudotarsudo Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    We need to bribe the Ferengi to protect their own capital? Let's just let the Undine destroy it.

Also, why do they need these planet killers when 9 cruisers take out a planet?

And why do they suddenly need the sphere when they can open rifts virtually anywhere. With several locations having fluidic space spilling out anyway. While its implied the Delta quadrant has an area particularly successful for fluidic space access, they don't seem to have any issue elsewhere.

If you are part of the Klingon Empire you know we need the ferengis!!!
  • Options
    futilepurposefutilepurpose Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Just in time.

I read "close the rifts" and im getting so :mad:
    Especially after this mirror event. I need more time to come down :cool:
  • Options
    betaborgbetaborg Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So basically the mirror universe event in a species 8472 skin? Really!? :eek:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Originally Posted by tacofangs
    I can develop the game just fine without visiting the forums.
  • Options
    chrishellmax2363chrishellmax2363 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Explain? i have it on my kdf, just randomly press it most of the times.
    Whether you think you are right or wrong, either way you are RIGHT.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    betaborg wrote: »
    So basically the mirror universe event in a species 8472 skin? Really!? :eek:

No.

But it's the blog's fault that it sounds like a reskinned Mirror Event. There is not enough info in it.
    Undine Assault is more like Dota in space then the Mirror Event! I played it on Tribble. It's kinda fun, but nobody will play it because the rewards are ludicrous. Like Storming the Spire.

No idea who balances out the rewards. I thought Cryptic loves the metrics? Their metrics have to give them data on queued events nobody plays. And I know. It takes ages sometime to get a team for Storming the Spire together. I liked the mission, and I like Undine Assault, but the game is not only discouraging me from playing them... it makes it almost impossible because I don't get the people to play those missions with me.

And don't get me started with stuff like the Salt Vampire attack... I really liked that one, but it's absolutely impossible to play it. Can't even queue and get AFK, because when finaly some people got in, you will miss the timeframe to accept it...
    Reality is an illusion.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    You wrong. All species in the galaxy are being manipulated by the First Ones from babylon 5.. maybe you forgot em lol. Iconians are nothing compared with em lol. They are supossed the most advanced beings on the entire universe... of course, without the inclusion of the Q Continuum..

First Ones are cool (love Vorlons and Shadows), but they were only active in one Galaxy. After they advanced beyond that point, they left for the void between galaxies.
    Reality is an illusion.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Undine Assault is more like Dota in space then the Mirror Event!

What's "Dota"?
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    What's "Dota"?

I am the wrong one to answer that question, because I have little to do with those tower defense games.
    Nonetheless:

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defense_of_the_Ancients

Well, Undine Assault has three lanes on which rifts are spawning. When the three lanes reach the Planet Killer, we can blast it.
    It's simplified, and adapted to STO mechanics, but it never reminded me at the Mirror Event. As said... it's more like Dota...
    Reality is an illusion.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    First Ones are cool (love Vorlons and Shadows), but they were only active in one Galaxy. After they advanced beyond that point, they left for the void between galaxies.

Nah. The "ships" you see in the babylon 5 show about these "first ones" (im not talking about the shadows or the vorlons) are just the projections they use to represent emselves. But the first ones actually never appeared in the show, not as a race emselves. We only saw their ship projections or watever you want to call those great and weird space ships that we all saw in the show. I mean, the first ones were so great that they didnt even bother to travel emselves to there, they just sent projections of their kind to aid in the war. The Shadows are post-firs ones, same as the Vorlons. WE could say shadows and the vorlons are not the first ones. They are the second-ones. lol.

The first ones just got tired after the first great war and they just avoided every kind fo contact with other species. They even consider the Shadows and vorlons really "young" species..