test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Season 9 Dev Blog #8: Undine Assault

Comments

• sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I doubt i'll even do this mission once, just doesn't look all that interesting to me. :(
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• tarsudotarsudo Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    johngazman wrote: »
    Andor?

This Andor? Or is it meant to be Andoria?

Yep... Are you From andoria people (andorian)?
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Communicate! There will be times when you will want one team member or multiple team members to change position.

DOOOMMMM!!! As seen in the MU event, players don't communicate.
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Gornar, Andor, Cardassia, Feringinar...

Does this mean we're finally going to actually get the sectors/sector blocks that contain Gornar and Feringinar (not to mention Tellar, Trillus Prime, Sauria, Cait and Betazed - along with Ferasa and the like) like we've been asking for years?

....Or is it just going to be another case where these worlds only appear in the queued event?
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Just like previous posters suggested... Replace the starbase with a randomly generated planet with a set of four possible skin/maps, and replace the Mirror ships with Undine Octopusses, and you have "new content!" As if we haven't been grinding this event for 3 weeks now, we have to grind it again, this time for even more useless rewards!

:)
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • exa12exa12 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    corethl wrote: »
    Wait...do you REALLY want to vacation on a world where they have 178 words for "rain"?

people already come to Blighty on holiday, Feringinar is probably dryer

for spoiler text use #1b1c1f
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    But.. my vacation spot!
    You like rain? :confused:
    robdmc wrote: »
    Go for Tellar Prime. It is full of pig people. Pigs = bacon.
    Is that cannabalism? I mean it's another sapient species.
    questerius wrote: »
    Got one run for this today even with the queues on tribble.

First thing which comes to mind is: 4 million hull strength for the final boss and a mere 22 marks?
    This was at normal setting...
    That is pretty crappy as a whole, even if you will receive bonus marks that let you do daily rep projects. How much are the rep items going to cost? This isn't a well balanced difficulty/time investment/reward equation. Is there dilithium to be had?
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • damix4damix4 Member Posts: 609 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Compared to other blogs, we don't have much information on this one.

That screenshot looks really amazing :)

It would be great if new planets will be added to sector map.
  • velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Communicate? Why would I want to do that? :D

I guess Rom and Leeta are going to be showing up on STO since we are defending Fereginar. Hope to see Nog too.
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Wonder if Season 9 Dev Blog #9 will just read 'ask someone who was on tribble, I'm on a break'
  • tarsudotarsudo Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    How is it possible!!! people... think... Feringinar is beautifull planet with wonderous and beautifull womens (ferengis of course)!!

Please talk with the devs!! we are a peacefull people!!
  • gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    rinkster wrote: »
    Wonder if Season 9 Dev Blog #9 will just read 'ask someone who was on tribble, I'm on a break'

I'm starting to think Dev Blog #9 is gonna be "TRIBBLE this. I'm tired of dealing with everyone's whining."
    edited April 2014
    I'm starting to think Dev Blog #9 is gonna be "TRIBBLE this. I'm tired of dealing with everyone's whining."

Or possibly, "Help, I'm being held hostage in a blog factory..."
  • robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Another possibility is they left out all the other information that they knew would tick people off to edit it into the blog a couple days later in hopes no one notices.
  • starfish1701starfish1701 Member Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I guess I'll step in and fill in the blanks.

[snip].

Thanks for taking the time to write all that. It was very informative. :)
    edited April 2014
    Thanks for taking the time to write all that. It was very informative. :)

Yeah, seconded.

But it is rather noticeable that we've had to rely on a player to fill in the blanks.
  • asovanraasovanra Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I don't know how the rest of you feel but I'm tired of these 'developer blogs', just release some new content already. You've been testing kits on tribble for what, two months? Also, how do you call a 'fix' to fluidic space, which never worked when you all released it years ago, new content?
  • cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,536 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Are rifts the new hangars or something? I sure hope this isn't just a retooled MU Invasion with Undine ships.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
    edited April 2014
    asovanra wrote: »
    You've been testing kits on tribble for what, two months?

Historically, a lack of testing and listening to the feedback from tribble has been the problem.

Personally speaking I'm cautiously glad to see that tribble is getting a proper workout this time.

Better new content a week late and working, than a week early and bugged.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Undine Tentacles land in Japan News at Eleven. :confused:
    GwaoHAD.png
  • kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Alas poor Devs wasting time energy and MONEY on making new undine tech. when existing undine tech would be relatively unchanging as an apex of biotech evolution goes.. (much as the great white shark) Instead of focusing on I dont know QUALITY of the delivered product maybe?
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    venkou wrote: »
    What a darn waste.

Mirror event anyone?

Sounds like Cryptic is just copying, pasting, and cannibalizing fleet missions.

It plays nothing like Mirror Invasion. Go check it out on Tribble if you're concerned.

---

I agree with the others, this is a pretty weak blog. I think the Tribble patch notes were more detailed than this.
  • vhiranikosvhiranikos Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    thay8472 wrote: »
    Retreat, the Undine are here!

Wait a minute... Why do the Undine need giant tentacle planet killers when they can just do this?

god that was a corny video.
  • vhiranikosvhiranikos Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    questerius wrote: »
    Got one run for this today even with the queues on tribble.

First thing which comes to mind is: 4 million hull strength for the final boss and a mere 22 marks?
    This was at normal setting...

Yeah it's an UTTER waste of time on par with Colony Defense. And no, I'm not happy to say that.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,463 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    vhiranikos wrote: »
    Yeah it's an UTTER waste of time on par with Colony Defense. And no, I'm not happy to say that.

Colony defense is nice and fast though and has replay properties because the opponents differ.

From the tribble patch notes we know it is a work in progress, but unless something changes
    drastically i will not be playing this mission often.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Looks good for the groups to enjoy. If I had time I would try it myself.

Are we getting single missions on this new Season?
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Gornar has a mass driver that propels asteroids into the field.

Everbody read that again and let it sink in for a moment.

The Gorn defense plan is... to throw rocks at it.
  • overlapooverlapo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    thay8472 wrote: »
    Wait a minute... Why do the Undine need giant tentacle planet killers when they can just do this?

New Planetkiller Growing Union rules and Undine are no scabs...
  • gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    jexsamx wrote: »
    Everbody read that again and let it sink in for a moment.

The Gorn defense plan is... to throw rocks at it.

Hey, if it worked on the ground, why not in space?
  • stomperx99stomperx99 Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I've been testing the three new queued events and the the new space zone. It's great in my opinion. :)
    ZomboDroid10122015042230.jpg

I'm sorry to people who I, in the past, insulted, annoyed, etc.