test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Season 8 Dev Blog #57: First Contact Day is now Live!

Comments

• shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I dunno. I'm not one for screaming unfair, buuut...the klingons get a weapon and everyone else gets a non-com pet? Why?

Because WE ARE KLINGON!!! Muhahahaha :D

Also wondering, does this announcement mean we're not getting to visit Utopia Planetia?? :(
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Considering how small the Scimitar interior is, I'm afraid it's gonna be quite tight in there. That is, assuming it's gonna be an open instance, like in previous years.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • millybunmillybun Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm disappointed that it sounds like we're not getting Utopia Planitia this year, though I would rather wish to see it as a more usable facility, interior and exterior, that we can visit any time.

Actually, Ty'Gokor would be cool too, but I digress...>_>
  • cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,536 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I am more curious to see what is planned for the 50th anniversary of The Cage, the TOS pilot.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I am more curious to see what is planned for the 50th anniversary of The Cage, the TOS pilot.

We will all get Davros, sorry, Pike as a doff.
  • stararmystararmy Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Oh!! Is that an Odyssey bridge with blue-and-gold control panels?? I want that option for my bridge!
    Zinc: The universe of Star Trek Online is shaped and changed by the actions of the players...expect to see new planets and races discovered that were unknown the last time you logged in."
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    genhauk wrote: »
    You stepped away? .... That fact marks a dark day for the Klingon Empire. :(

Yeah I kinda lost interest with the mirror grind and that reputation revamp. Plus tired of waiting around for them to do what needs to be done with the KDF.
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So you build us up and get us excited with peaks at Season 9 with new blogs posts. Then post nothing about it on Thursday, Friday, and now Monday.

Lame.
    That's typical of this sort of thing, or have you not been playing long?
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2014
    So you build us up and get us excited with peaks at Season 9 with new blogs posts. Then post nothing about it on Thursday, Friday, and now Monday.

Lame.
    How dare they post a blog for an annual event that runs each year? :P

Come on now, lighten up! :D
  • kylelockekylelocke Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I do believe that those have already claimed their 'prize' should be give something else, either a small amount of dilithium, marks or a festive popper and perhaps creating some new items next time to keep it interesting, like a jukebox that can be sent to the mess hall or captain's quarters. Just so the 'day' isn't a complete waste.
    "I will make the Orion Syndicate face the light of justice or burn them with it." - Captainl Kyle Nathaniel Locke, U.S.S. Excalibur NCC-98105-C
  • tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    "Commander Jarok is looking for assistance from brave and valiant captains of the Republic."
    "speak with Captain Shon on an important matter concerning the security of the Federation."
    "Captain Koren has a special task to complete before she and her crew can enjoy some well-deserved shore leave"

Hmm something other then "Talk with the crew" this year?
  • cyckathcyckath Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    tuskin67 wrote: »
    "Commander Jarok is looking for assistance from brave and valiant captains of the Republic."
    "speak with Captain Shon on an important matter concerning the security of the Federation."
    "Captain Koren has a special task to complete before she and her crew can enjoy some well-deserved shore leave"

Hmm something other then "Talk with the crew" this year?

That's what I'm hoping, and by also having it on the bridge/s hopefully be solo instances too...
  • xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey... stuff! :D

Doctor Who and Lovecraft fan, hm?
    I like you. I really do. :D
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    stararmy wrote: »
    Oh!! Is that an Odyssey bridge with blue-and-gold control panels?? I want that option for my bridge!

They currently look like that on tribble, they were re-coloured for the new ESD interior, not sure if they're on holodeck yet.
  • jrq2jrq2 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Oh great a melee weapon. :rolleyes:

I guess I know what I’ll be seeing on ground STFs, a bunch of un-speck’ed, unskilled KDF players agroing everything in sight trying to hit something with their weapons and dying while doing it.

Nothing but attention TRIBBLE saying, look at me, I have something new, look at what I have, me, me, me, yes, yes, yes look at me, swing, swing, swing, miss, miss, miss and die, die, die, but I have something new.

I hate when I get stuck with them.
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    xiaoping88 wrote: »
    Doctor Who and Lovecraft fan, hm?
    I like you. I really do. :D
    I used to have a 4th Doctor scarf. :(
  • spacebaronlinespacebaronline Member Posts: 1,103 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Is this the version of First contact that Cryptic goes by:

http://youtu.be/Z9TdvN07ZWI?t=1m15s
  • norcaler2norcaler2 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    stararmy wrote: »

It's that way currently on Tribble. Looks like the nuESD LCARS textures overwrote the ones for the Aquarius.
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited March 2014

what happened to it?

or is it to sad to tell :(
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited March 2014

You just won my heart,Trendy.

But the 9th and 10th Doctors will always be my faves. David Tennant pwns.
    edited March 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    You just won my heart,Trendy.

RAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH :mad::mad:

I just want to say that I got a love letter from Trendy a few days ago..

What do you have to show?
    edited March 2014
    RAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH :mad::mad:

I just want to say that I got a love letter from Trendy a few days ago..

What do you have to show?

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!1!!1!1!!one!!!1!1!!

I shall win her heart! And then I shall do whatever she desires, as I am Trendy's perfect willing slave!

And then, maybe I can get a shot at Most Holy BranFlakes...
  • forthegamerforthegamer Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Are Shon and the F's crew going to wear the Odyssey outfits? Ever since the Odyssey outfit was available, I've been actually kind of waiting for the F's crew to wear them. It disappoints me ever time I see them and they aren't in them.

That, and I think the outfits are sharp.
    edited March 2014
    RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!1!!1!1!!one!!!1!1!!

I shall win her heart! And then I shall do whatever she desires, as I am Trendy's perfect willing slave!

And then, maybe I can get a shot at Most Holy BranFlakes...

And poor Smirk? Ok, I ll wrap hin in my love.

did you send trendy your pic in trunks? That depends if you will be her slave or... bookkeeper
    edited March 2014
    And poor Smirk? Ok, I ll wrap hin in my love.

did you send trendy your pic in trunks? That depends if you will be her slave or... bookkeeper

I sent her my pic of me in cuffs and tight leather undies.

With a lock on the undies.

Beat that!

Also, touch my Smirk and I will eat your heart!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    millybun wrote: »
    I'm disappointed that it sounds like we're not getting Utopia Planitia this year, though I would rather wish to see it as a more usable facility, interior and exterior, that we can visit any time.

Actually, Ty'Gokor would be cool too, but I digress...>_>
    Actually... the blog makes mention of some sort of mini-mission, which sounds like the same one from last year. It was the mini-mission that took people to UP.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited March 2014
    I sent her my pic of me in cuffs and tight leather undies.

With a lock on the undies.

Beat that!

Also, touch my Smirk and I will eat your heart!

Pic or it isnt true

what do Undines have to do with that now

for the next first contact day it would love to have a rotating in the goodies. FED - Weapon or something you can decorate your room with, KDF-pet or decoration, Rom- one of those goodies
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2014
    rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!1!!1!1!!one!!!1!1!!

I Shall Win Her Heart! And Then I Shall Do Whatever She Desires, As I Am Trendy's Perfect Willing Slave!

And Then, Maybe I Can Get A Shot At Most Holy Branflakes...

Aaarrrrrrrrrrggggghhhhh!!!!!

LOUD NOISES!!!!!!!!!
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
    edited March 2014
    One after another Taco, Worffan and I dont have THAT much of energy.

We must start in the communication center :D
    edited March 2014
    A good idea, organicmanfred.

Also, Tacofangs, I love your sense of humor. It's great to see Devs with such community involvement.

Plus, I can't thank you and your team enough for the Sphere and Step between Stars art.