Install Arc
Options

Server D/C? [Resolved!]

Comments

• Options
    unotetsuunotetsu Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    vdavidson wrote: »
    Thats a problem restarting the warp core takes 30 minutes minimum per Scotty

Aye, ye cannot change the laws of IT Support, ye just cannae dew it...
    I must warn you, I am quite Isane! I am Grand Duchess of the Abh Empire: Beneej Letopanyu Spoor!
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    rekeeb wrote: »
    Somehow, I don't think we have 30 minutes .... :eek:

I can't change the laws of physics. I've got to have thirty minutes
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    kytho74656kytho74656 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I am not an expert on Server side, but let me just say, the bashing of the Cryptic community is simply deplorable. They post here to give 'what they know at the time' information, but in the aspect of company policies of ANY company, if an issue is 'internal' or a result of a source linked to internal situations, it is 'bad for business' to imply the specifics to the public.

I understand computers, networks, programming, etc, etc...for over 18 years. I understand that anything can happen to anything that is created and maintained by humans, it breaks. Get over it. But to degrade the people who talk to us, even if they throw a joke or two in their post, they are PEOPLE with a job that they do try to do the best of their abilities. This is a GAME. Yes, we come to expect a GAME to work whenever we want it to at any given time, but sometimes, technology breaks. But, to lash out at a person whose job is 'Public Relations' is reprehensible. This GAME is not as bad as people make it out to sound like. Yes, we have had downtime over the years, but c'mon, really, to verbally attack the people of any GAME is just ludicrous. I actually like the jokes. Shows the humanity behind a 'forum post'.

I get the idea of possibly(even though they said they are) extending the Mirror event and asking for that, but to ask that and then bash the people who enables it, kinda defines a logic that makes no sense. Without of these people, we would not have Star Trek Online.

My time is limited at times to play this GAME, but I make the best of it, no matter what the circumstance. If it goes down, it is down. I don't have a self-entitled mentality. What I do have, is a sense of 'people' that we all have our moments when things don't go as planned, deal with it, adapt to it, and move on.

Off the box - Just thought I would let these forums know that not all of us who play STO feel that we are entitled to what a GAME can give us and sees what life is truly about. Community and fun.

That is all.
  • Options
    serzechsserzechs Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If they could resolve these issues in 10 minutes everyone'd be flippin out because they didn't get fixed in 5 minutes. Just relax, they'll have this sorted out relatively soon. No need to panic. We may be nerdy and aggressive about what we like, but I'll be damned if we don't have the most patience among any social group. Let's try to use some character here people.
  • Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    knuhteb5 wrote: »
    The history of Cryptic-STo player relations in a nutshell:
    Cryptic threw me under a bus, slapped me in the face, and hates my ships/faction. That's a strawman argument! That's a no true scotsman fallacy! That been said ad infinitum, ad nauseum. X ship is OP, nerf plz. Carriers are OP! Look it up in the dictionary! Say no, say yes to Arc. Synergy?

Absolutely lost it XD
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    akanaroakanaro Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    jalaxa wrote: »
    I'm glad you find if funny that a game that represents something a great as the Star Trek franchise is administered by a company as incompetent as Perfect World. To add to that insult you seem to think poor customer service is funny to. You have a bright future in the fast food industry.

Don't be a tool. Askray does not work for PWE, he's only a forum moderator. Do lighten up hmmm? Being a jerk to people wont fix the server.
  • Options
    sydusgreysydusgrey Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    vdavidson wrote: »
    Thats a problem restarting the warp core takes 30 minutes minimum per Scotty
    Honestly depending on the sophistication of the system it could be more or less. A highly sophisticated system like Secondlife needs only seven to ten minutes to completely reboot and fully functioning as far as I had timed the last time they went down and between the post of the server is rebooting and it returning it was about close to eight minutes.
  • Options
    hibnithibnit Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    brian1834 wrote: »
    We should have a few extra days with the Mirror Event, since the server keeps going down. "They" said it was fixed. But here we are again not being able to play the game. Quote if you agree.

I completely agree.
  • Options
    discordwhoovediscordwhoove Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    they just could eject to core and get a new one :P
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIuUEwat6aM
    Janeway: "Commander, set a new course. There's coffee in that nebula."
    princess_luna__animated_signature__by_c3fear-d4xcdac.gif
  • Options
    phadrenphadren Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This is what I do while STO is down :)

That TV remote attack is brutal
  • Options
    icerose20icerose20 Member Posts: 18,379 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    iconians wrote: »
    He says it takes 30 minutes minimum, but he gets it done in 15. You always give an ETA twice as long that way when you get it done earlier people think you're a miracle worker.

Tucker did it in two minutes. It all depends on your accent in Star TreK.
    Ancient Griffon insult

That one is so stupid, he lost a Rock/Paper/Scissors game to a Pony.
  • Options
    knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    rekeeb wrote: »
    Somehow, I don't think we have 30 minutes .... :eek:

Captain, a Fleet of D'deridex warbirds have decloaked directly astern! They've powered up their disruptors, sir, and I don't think we could survive a direct attack.... O_O
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Say something constructive instead lol

Like what, that the Avenger is weak and useless only for you?
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    serzechs wrote: »
    but I'll be damned if we don't have the most patience among any social group

The Duke Nukem Forever fanboys say hi.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    unotetsuunotetsu Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    they just could eject to core and get a new one :P
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIuUEwat6aM

Voyager seemed to have a shuttle replicator that had a night shift job replicating warp cores....
    I must warn you, I am quite Isane! I am Grand Duchess of the Abh Empire: Beneej Letopanyu Spoor!
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Oh deceased hamster,
    You furry little creature,
    They made you work faster,
    Like some demanding teacher.

You pleaded to rest from your eternal running,
    To be let on a short break,
    But they forced you to keep going,
    And now you are at peace like Senator It's a faaake.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    origcaptainquackorigcaptainquack Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    EDIT by Askray:
    Please realize, when they say EAST coast server they mean the server at the data center that controls specific games. Not ALL games that PWE owns are in the same location. Thus, when they say east coast they are trying to make people realize that some but not all games are affected. It has no bearing on where you live

this makes sense, i dont know why they say east coast server then to make people go ape.
  • Options
    nascarbenf1nascarbenf1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    akanaro wrote: »
    I'm sorry but a few hours downtime once a week is hardly a reason to not be able to complete an event. :P

Thanks for that expert (fits your situation) evaluation of everyones game priorities. That is true, but some of us have jobs and families. If I were still in school, then it wouldn't matter.
  • Options
    gapaxbr1gapaxbr1 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hello, the servers have been down twice now in the past week, some of us can only play during certain times such as when we come home from work and if the servers are down that creates a problem. Can we extend the mirror invasion event for a few extra days please
  • Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited March 2014

The harmless Elite boys and girls wave too, only with more arthritis.
  • Options
    knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Rofl. Didn't you guys have to wait a decade?
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    akanaroakanaro Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Like what, that the Avenger is weak and useless only for you?

Must be. My Avenger is the meanest Aux2Bat boat ever to grace the Federation. :p
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    EDIT by Askray:
    Please realize, when they say EAST coast server they mean the server at the data center that controls specific games. Not ALL games that PWE owns are in the same location. Thus, when they say east coast they are trying to make people realize that some but not all games are affected. It has no bearing on where you live

this makes sense, i dont know why they say east coast server then to make people go ape.

Because they do actually have more than one and sometimes it's easier to copy and paste the same message to multiple forums than to type up customized ones per forum :P
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• Options
    origcaptainquackorigcaptainquack Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    i do wonder if the doom threads have a point.
  • Options
    rekeebrekeeb Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    knuhteb5 wrote: »
    Captain, a Fleet of D'deridex warbirds have decloaked directly astern! They've powered up their disruptors, sir, and I don't think we could survive a direct attack.... O_O

Scotty ... I need warp power in 30 seconds .....
    Fleet Battle Cruiser Presto
    T6 Tac Command Battlecruiser Roll The Bones
    Xindi Aquatic Narcine Dreadnaught Carrier Different Stages
    IVXX Senior Officer

• Options
    iceraven1977iceraven1977 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    voporak wrote: »
    oh Deceased Hamster,
    You Furry Little Creature,
    They Made You Work Faster,
    Like Some Demanding Teacher.

You Pleaded To Rest From Your Eternal Running,
    To Be Let On A Short Break,
    But They Forced You To Keep Going,
    And Now You Are At Peace Like Senator It's A Faaake.

Love It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    wereleywereley Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Thanks for that expert (fits your situation) evaluation of everyones game priorities. That is true, but some of us have jobs and families. If I were still in school, then it wouldn't matter.

it was down like 2 days ago...where did that guy get once a week?
  • Options
    anagrojanewayanagrojaneway Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    He says it takes 30 minutes minimum, but he gets it done in 15. You always give an ETA twice as long that way when you get it done earlier people think you're a miracle worker.

Haha, you know, I think of Scotty and this quote quite often in daily life.

It actually works like a charm in many circumstances - not only does it make you look good regularly, it also covers your behind when they don't.
This discussion has been closed.