What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[RUMORED] Undine lockbox discussion

Comments

• Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    To be frank, this game went down the pan when we could pilot ships 500 years from the future.

Anything goes now.....
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Bio ships are organic, i think nobody really thought on what that means. They are ALIVE and they are aware of "who" they are. I dont think a bioship will be "willing" to be piloted by a starfleet captain. That in first place lol (for example, same case happened in the Vorlon ships from B5).

I really dont see a positive thing about a undine lockbox, it is just.. i cant lol.

It depends on the relationship between the Undine Ships and the Undine. Are the Undine Ships in a symbiotic relationship with the Undine, partners, slaves, or just beasts of burdens? If they are partners or in a symbiotic relationship with the Undine, then it makes no sense since the Undine ships would never join up with someone from the Alpha Quadrant.

If they are slaves, then they would be grateful for being freed from the Undine as long as they are treated with respect. If they are beasts of burdens, then it doesn't matter if an Undine or someone from the Alpha Quadrant controls them.
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I see A LOT of Nicor lovers in this thread. You should feel shamed! The idea of flying Nicor bioships is silly. For that matter, Starfleet should have a separate docking are for all non-starfleet ships. A separate-yet-equal place for the Nicor and other faction ships to dock away from the superior Federation tech.

But in the end, you can't blame the Nicor for everything; we're the ones that buy this TRIBBLE.

Forgive me for wanting to actually fly a ship different from other stuff. I don't want to fly starfleet saucers my whole career.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    orondisorondis Member Posts: 1,447 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    After seeing the new Undine ships, the Nicors are probably my second to least favourite.
    Previously Alendiak
    Daizen - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
    Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
  • Options
    badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Forgive me for wanting to actually fly a ship different from other stuff. I don't want to fly starfleet saucers my whole career.

Nicor, please.
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »

As i said, cryptic could make the doomsday machine another playable ship. That will be definitely "different" in the whole sense lol.

Honestly, i love starfleet ships, klingon ships and warbirds. I dont want anything more. I dont need anything more. And i specially dont need more power creep to the game in the shape of new undine ships. Because if this is the way we are taking, im sure 100% that borg lockboxes will be possible in a near future. And after that.. wth, who knows lol. Maybe finally we can pilot the doomsday machine :D
  • Options
    antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    To be frank, this game went down the pan when we could pilot ships 500 years from the future.

Anything goes now.....

The canon guys can overlook that bit of stupidity because they feel they are still flying that fantastic star fleet tec. lol :)

Seriously though... almost all the boxes make perfect sense... and the role players are just not happy that people are not playing the trek the way they see it.

They would like to think everyone in the universe would hold the humans hands and only fly ships launched from mars.

Real history shows us that Countries do not scuttle every captured ships, they don't scrap every captured aircraft and they sure as heck don't shoot every horse they capture in a raid.

Saying they are bio and can't be controlled by someone else is silly... just because they are bio and alive doesn't mean they are sentient at all... not sure why a race that is malevolent enough to destroy all other life in there own plain of existence would grow themselves ships that could think for themselves and perhaps disagree. Or perhaps they have gained sentience and they really do not agree at all... perhaps they are more ally then tool. lol :)

I will say salvaging living ships seems a bit odd... really though ALL the past lockboxes are logical. Galors marauders even tholian ships... if Star Fleet was really dumb enough to scrap trillions and trillons of refined resources just so they could fly a Human built ship they deserve to be destroyed. The only lock box as I said that made no sense so far was the Time box... and people find it the least objectionable is hillarious.

PS... Perhaps we have a Tuvok mission coming where Tim Russ can have his Spock moment. Where he can mind meld with a Undine ship... and do the Horta line... "PAAIIN" haha I can see it now... we will fly liberated Undine Slave ships. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Tribble patch notes:
    • The Nicor Bioship Holo Emitter now changes your ship to resemble a Vila Heavy Bioship, instead of a Nicor Bioship.
      • This affects existing versions of the item, and the ones for sale on GPL vendors.

They're commminnnnnng.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Bring it nooooow.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    These shouldn't be in the hands of player because its simply against canon

first day?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    alan171717alan171717 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I think this is nice for those who wish to fly this ship, I don't personally, but whatever floats your boat
    "I am a travelor of both time and space to be where I have been"
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Seriously though... almost all the boxes make perfect sense... and the role players are just not happy that people are not playing the trek the way they see it.
    Not really. The Tholians ship need to have the interior entirely changed. Only leaving the hull (the weapons, deflector.. are also changed to whatever the player use). Because not many species in the fed/KDF enjoy lava baths when flying. I don't see the point in capturing a ship only to keep the hull.

For feds, the temporal ship is a violation of the temporal directive. And shouldn't be fly.

The Undine ships are biological, they are alive, they are a creature. And probably full of liquid (where the Undine lives). This is going to be complicated to change that, on a living being. You can't really remove the inside, and put something else. Imagine someone remove your guts, and put metallic stuff instead, without asking you first, and probably after killing your best friend. Not sure you'll like it.

Also, the Undine ship and the pilot seems to be in some kind of symbiosis. I don't think they would use the same kind of console we use. For example, they seems to have only 1 crew member, for a ship that would need several if it was Starfleet. And as I said, living creature, you can't replace the bridge. They are probably commanded the same way the Betazoid commanded the giant thing in space in TNG, by telepathy. It makes a lot of sense, living ship, and Undine are telepathic.

But then, when there is money involved, Cryptic doesn't care. And when the ship is cool, players doesn't care.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Any pics of the undine ships yet?
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Personally, I think this is the stupidest lockbox yet. I just hope it comes with a cool costume.
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Personally, I think this is the stupidest lockbox yet. I just hope it comes with a cool costume.
    Oh yes. Squishy and boney. With a zipper in the back.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    orangeitis wrote: »
    Oh yes. Squishy and boney. With a zipper in the back.

First thing that popped into my head.
  • Options
    kimmymkimmym Member Posts: 1,317 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I just want Undine Plasma weapons, so I can get that yellow color and use plamsa consoles...

Is it plasma? I don't care, its plasma now, go!

I think maybe they were plasma torps I'm remembering... Who knows about the energy type?

Edit: I have read no soft canon regarding Undine, but I saw absolutely zip zero nadda nothing in Voyager about Undine bioships rebelling against non-Undine crews... Just saying... Those are things that are quite possible and would make sense, but simply saying they are true does not make it so. If it didn't happen on screen, they are under no obligation to make it part of their universe, no matter what may have been written in a novel. Again, I haven't read anything about it either way, but I can only assume this talk of their technology came from a novel somewhere, or it just being made up. In either case, it is entirely invalid.
    I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!
    kimmym_5664.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
  • Options
    gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I just wanna know what the Mirror Ships are. I don't care for the alien ships (unless it was the Tal Shiar ones. Those were badass).
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I just wanna know what the Mirror Ships are. I don't care for the alien ships (unless it was the Tal Shiar ones. Those were badass).
    This.

Crossing my fingers for a mirror Armitage.
  • Options
    captainpirkocaptainpirko Member Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This.

been waiting for that for ages.

on topic though, i'm really against the undine ships as player ships. its been mentioned by others, with some slightly incorrect statements that i'll correct.

in voyager, there is no evidence that the ship itself can repel intruders. tuvok, and chakotay walked around in one for a few minutes and nothing bad happened (to them.) however, since the pilot then made a B-line back to his ship, its likely the ship is like "hey bro, i got flies D:" and the pilots all like *gasp* "dude, i got dis" and runs back to kick some human rear. soooo that basically means that undine ships could probably call for help. how intelligent they are remains to be seen.
    the other concern is controlling the ships. well, the controls could soooorta be handled with a very skilled bio team, as telepathy is not required, its just a contributing factor. people suggesting that the magical tricorder can interface with the undine tech is not entirely accurate. when the undine made a recreation of earth, yes the tricorder could access it. that was basically holo technology after all, their biotech cant do that by itself so some technology would be required. where technology is concerned, the tricorder can help. where a living creature is involved, the tricorder is going to be completely useless. most of their ships, are more living then technology. this means that while yes, you could pilot one with a full team of biologist, no one is going to be comfortable in the small ship, and your definitely not going to be wanting to fight in it.
    someone mentioned that the inside would be fluidic. that's a good point, and yes it should be as there's no reason oxygen should be present, however as i've already pointed out, humans have walked in undine ships before, and found no liquid filling the halls. its unfortunate, but no.

i really, really hope we dont have an undine lockbox. if we do, i pray they make it modified after biotech, and not actually bioships. take the talshiar ships. modified after borg tech. not actually borg tech. though honestly i wish they'd be more creative and find something new other then a lockbox every 3-4 months.
    [SIGPIC]Timelords Fleet [/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Personally, I prefer the Undine Hybrid method like how the Tal Shiar Adapted ships are not Borg ships, but Borg/Romulan Hybrids. Although, it would be interesting if the Undine ships are being flown against their will due to the Undine's telepathic abilities and would be grateful for being freed from Undine control.
  • Options
    chrisbrown12009chrisbrown12009 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

players are getting undine ships!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

guys, in all seriousness, they are goin gto do what they are going to do whether we want them to or not.

FACT.

All i want to know is, if we can pretty much fly WHATEVR we want.....except a T5 connie.....why stop at just Star trek ships?

I mean, i would LOVE and PAY for w Minbari White star. Hell, an Excalibur class would be nice too. While we are at it, how about slave 1 as a shuttle! dont tell me people wouldnt pay for that! better yet, why not a leviathan? Hell, Talyn was so cool i nearly cried when he died....starburst in a command carrier. what a G. Why not one of those? but only if it looks like talyn, his mother WAS unarmed after all.......not that that would stop the devs......

We could even have gunstar fighters for hanger bays and the elite ones could all have death blossom!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whhy the hell not, immersion has gone out the window.......
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    This.

Now that would be pretty alright.
  • Options
    kimmymkimmym Member Posts: 1,317 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Can we get the Mirror Dreadnought skin? That would rock.

The other one on my list is a Mirror Defiant skin... That one is even canon! (The mirror Defiant is anyway, I don't believe it had the skin on screen, but it has been some time.)
    I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!
    kimmym_5664.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
  • Options
    z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Apparently from the leaked source listed elsewhere in these forums the mirror ships are; *Mirror Intrepid, Mirror Varanus, Mirror Somraw, Mirror Nova, Mirror Mogai ( please note this is someone else's info and I take no credit in posting this info, don't ban me ).
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Of course, when people doesnt have what they want.. anything is stupid. You are a classic guy "i want this, if not, its stupid". Saw a lot of posts already.. seriously xD.

I dont even know yet about anything and i dont care, i just dont want undine lockboxes with undine ships. Because that will kill the game, anything else, its just perfect. Because i dont care what lock boxes come or watever cryptic want to do.

The only thing i ask cryptic is, dont be so stupid to launch undine playable ships. For god sake. Please, use your brain a little.
  • Options
    timothyre99timothyre99 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    What I want is for cryptic to stop messing around with adding more stuff, which will probably add even more bugs, and work on fixing the plethora of bugs that the game currently has. If they can't even make the stuff that is already in game good, the why do they expect to be able to make stuff that they are adding good? (Good meaning without bugs or at least bugs that majorly diminish the gameplay) They should also focus on making more of the players' reasonable requests happen. Cryptic just doesn't seem to understand that people won't pay for stuff they don't like, so making them like the stuff in the game isn't going to lose them money, it is going to help them make more money.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    z3ndor99 wrote: »
    Apparently from the leaked source listed elsewhere in these forums the mirror ships are; *Mirror Intrepid, Mirror Varanus, Mirror Somraw, Mirror Nova, Mirror Mogai ( please note this is someone else's info and I take no credit in posting this info, don't ban me ).
    lol @ still no mirror Raider

More mirror Science Vessels though? Sign me up.
This discussion has been closed.