test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

If S9 see's the end of the Fed-KDF war...

124»

Comments

• jmaster29jmaster29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    *Radnom bekks raise bat'leths and mugs of bloodwine* *Random uhlans raise raptor swords and bottles of Romulan ale*

*A misplaced Thalaron bomb finds its way into the Federation council, just as everyone was in there, during an important meetings* :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • midntwolfmidntwolf Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Story is kind of easy. For example, Israel and Syria aren't technically at war but they have a tendency to blow up parts of the Syrian Military kind of randomly for the sake of preemptive security reasons or the Korean thing with North and South kind of sorta just start shooting at each other every no and again.

So basically, the Klingon's and the Fed's don't like each other, peace is unease on the borders and captains on both side just look for the excuse to kill each other. All the while, the politicians keep the lid mostly on and sweep the provocations, battles and deaths under the rug. Business goes on as usual and "formally" there is a cooperative effort against a common enemy.

Basically enemy of my enemy is my friend until it is convenient for that "friendly-enemy" to stab you in the back.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    But please go on with the propaganda on 'Azanti Prime', I find it rather amusing. I mean, how can the universe deny the pure awesomness that is the Federation? :rolleyes:
    Azati Prime...if you're going to rant about lore, at least get the name right :P
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Azati Prime...if you're going to rant about lore, at least get the name right :P

Whatever, I have deleted that crappy episode out of my memory anyway. :P
    HQroeLu.jpg
    edited April 2014
    Whatever, I have deleted that crappy episode out of my memory anyway. :P
    hey, i liked it; you get to see earth get blown up in it...or was that a different episode? i never saw many enterprise episodes repeatedly
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    edited April 2014
    hey, i liked it; you get to see earth get blown up in it...or was that a different episode? i never saw many enterprise episodes repeatedly

No that's the episode when a Sovereign Class directly colided with a Galaxy Class and then an anvil fell on what's left of them.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • zipagatzipagat Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Azati Prime is where they find the weapon the Xindi are building and Archer attempts to blow it up alone only to get captured. The NX01 also gets a pasting from the Xindi, and so does Archer which is a bonus.
  • zipagatzipagat Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    No that's the episode when a Sovereign Class directly colided with a Galaxy Class and then an anvil fell on what's left of them.

Troi must of been driving again.
  • lomax6996lomax6996 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    While Cryptic is far quicker in arms to remove content then I like, I see no reason to do it with those missions.
    Essentially the same logic applies to them that applies to feds playing Klingon DSEs or mission involving the Klingon war: Consider it a flashback.

Easy solution? Reclassify the missions and set them up as "combat simulations". :D
    *STO* It’s mission: To destroy strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations... and then kill them, to boldly annihilate what no one has annihilated before!
  • abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I LOVE the KDF pirating missions. I do them all the time and I hope that with the "war" over they at least change them so you are going after unaligned aliens instead of the feds.
  • mondoidmondoid Member Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Someone once said "it's not the horrors of war that frighten me but the uncertainty of peace" don't know where I heard that.
  • mikoto8472mikoto8472 Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I never really understood why some players are so attached to the RR/KDF alliance idea. I mean didn't the Klingons decide to invade the broken remnants of the Romulan people after Hobus rather than helping them out?
    edited May 2014
    mondoid wrote: »
    Someone once said "it's not the horrors of war that frighten me but the uncertainty of peace" don't know where I heard that.
    could always try googling it

#LegalizeAwoo

edited May 2014
    mikoto8472 wrote: »
    I never really understood why some players are so attached to the RR/KDF alliance idea. I mean didn't the Klingons decide to invade the broken remnants of the Romulan people after Hobus rather than helping them out?

I think that has more to do with factions disparity in content and numbers here in STO than anything else. So, some people think that having RR/KDF together oposing the Federation would bring more balance between the factions.

But you're right, the Klingons and the Romulans are the last people that would ally in this timeframe, especially after the incidents that followed Hobus. I was actually looking forward to the fun of 3-way PvP in warzones before it was clear that the Romulans won't be a standalone faction.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • mikoto8472mikoto8472 Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Ah, thank you shpoks. That makes it much clearer.

I didn't know about Legacy of Romulus until it was actually launched. Indeed that's primarily what brought me back to STO and when I began playing it in earnest so I didn't have any idea what to expect as to whether the Romulans would be a full third faction or not.

Indeed while I see why Cryptic did kind of make the Romulans a fraction, not a faction I do wish it were a totally third faction.

On top of that, I play STO mainly as a roleplayer so I tend to look at the storyline, lore and things like that first before pure gameplay mechanics.

;) Naturally, my Romulan character allied Fed though I have three full characters from each faction. (OK the Klingon is lagging behind a bit but its only a matter of time before she catches up to the other two.)