test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

If S9 see's the end of the Fed-KDF war...

ufpterrellufpterrell Member Posts: 736 Arc User
edited May 2014 in Klingon Discussion
What will become of our Pi Canis dilithium farms? Since they are basically a Starfleet shooting gallery it would be strange to be massacring Fed's if the war is done and dusted. Might they retire these missions? Or just blame attacks on "rogue elements"?

Just worried that they might get the chop, it's a really easy way to get half my dilithium cap.
Terrell.png

Looking for a dedicated Star Trek community? Visit www.ufplanets.com for details.
Post edited by ufpterrell on

Comments

• shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I asked the exact same thing in the thread on the S9 Dev.blog 1 about all the KDF ongoing (repetitive daily) content that revolves around killing Feds. designed with the war in mind. Received no official feedback on that.

It would be nice to get an answer for this as well as having them work something beliveable on this or change certain elements of missions so we don't end up facepalming.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • thisisimposiblethisisimposible Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm sick of the KDF getting ripped off (.)
  • revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    While Cryptic is far quicker in arms to remove content then I like, I see no reason to do it with those missions.
    Essentially the same logic applies to them that applies to feds playing Klingon DSEs or mission involving the Klingon war: Consider it a flashback.
  • doomfrostdoomfrost Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ufpterrell wrote: »
    What will become of our Pi Canis dilithium farms? Since they are basically a Starfleet shooting gallery it would be strange to be massacring Fed's if the war is done and dusted. Might they retire these missions? Or just blame attacks on "rogue elements"?

Just worried that they might get the chop, it's a really easy way to get half my dilithium cap.

They could just say both sides still participate in military exercises even though the war is over.

That way they don't have to remove anything, maybe reword a few things.
  • captainbrian11captainbrian11 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I imagine like most MMOs with a moving story the story will move along, but the story will stay the same at the start.
  • enterprise629enterprise629 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Well... with the recent Mirror event this got me thinking...

If a change is to come to that, just make it Mirror Ships.

Everything solved, more or less. :)
  • timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Or give them rotating enemies similar to the fleet PvE queues.
    One day Tal Shiar Romulans, the other Borg, then Undine or Tholians... ;)
    Just no more Feds.

Just switching them out for Tal Shiar would be enough. and changing a couple of ship skins and a few text changes should take less than an hour.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Remember people, this is Cryptic. There is a decent chance everything Fed war related will remain and just make no sense at all.
    edited March 2014
    coupaholic wrote: »
    Remember people, this is Cryptic. There is a decent chance everything Fed war related will remain and just make no sense at all.

This is what I'm afraid of. And as you said, the safest bet at the same time. :(
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • zipagatzipagat Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Either that or they just won't remember that the KDF missions even exist.
  • logos1326logos1326 Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    zipagat wrote: »
    Either that or they just won't remember that the KDF missions even exist.

I think they forgot about KDF missions alltogether. Just finished "Blood of the Empire." There is a whole area in the First City part that is not even finished, no walls, and lego figures laying around everywhere. Been like this for years now. Very sad.
  • doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    coupaholic wrote: »
    As a "theme park" MMO, all of the past will just remain there for you to replay and reenact forever, at least until it gets retconned out of existence. Just as players get to discover New Rommieland, despite the fact that this happened ages ago now, the war will always live on on the past, no matter what happens.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    As a "theme park" MMO, all of the past will just remain there for you to replay and reenact forever, at least until it gets retconned out of existence. Just as players get to discover New Rommieland, despite the fact that this happened ages ago now, the war will always live on on the past, no matter what happens.

All the more reason to make sure the war is told well in the game instead of the currently confusing story we enjoy.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • mondoidmondoid Member Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I've seen nothing to indicate that they would end the war, the mission "A Step Between Stars" showed that the KDF were getting sick and tired of of the current situation.
    edited March 2014
    mondoid wrote: »
    I've seen nothing to indicate that they would end the war, the mission "A Step Between Stars" showed that the KDF were getting sick and tired of of the current situation.

Well, they (Cryptic) have hinted it many times and in >this blog< they gave the name of Season 9 - "A new accord", which to many people implies of a new peace treaty between the 3 factions, much like the old Khitomer one.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • warpedcorewarpedcore Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Keep in mine that these three factions are all destined to join a larger United Federation of Planets. This alliance is clearly the precursor to that more perfect unions. We start as foes and are brought together by outside forces that wish harm on all of us. We're stronger together than each of us are apart.

While our characters may never see that future, make no mistake that we are seeing that foundation being laid in the stories being told here.
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Based on those "little conversations" that happen at the end of both "Sphere of Influence" and "Step Between Stars", this is not exactly a friendly relationship.

The Republic, despite D'Tan's enlightened attitude, will always stand up for their "rights" no matter how far they overreach. They had them ripped away from them once and won't lightly stand for it again.

The Klingon Empire, despite Worf's pragmatic attitude, will continue to probe for any signs of weakness and to defend their sense of honor. That's just the Klingon Way, and expecting anything else is silly.

The Federation simply can't resist trying to impose their own brand of ethics on everybody else they come into contact with.

Federation diplomacy, Republic self-interest, and Klingon politics is the only thing holding this together right now. Even threats like the Voth and the Undine don't prevent inter-faction squabbling.

From a storyteller's perspective, this is a good thing. Lots of conflict and drama to drive the story and presumably hold the interest of the audience.

We all know there are inconsistencies. And if we look back at how the game unfolded, it's not hard to see why. Best we can do is to point them out to Cryptic and hope they get added to the to-do list sooner rather than later.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I vote J'mpok gets unmasked as an Undine infiltrator and Worf kills him and gets his job. :D
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2014
    starswordc wrote: »
    I vote J'mpok gets unmasked as an Undine infiltrator and Worf kills him and gets his job. :D

I vote J'mpok and Quinn get unmasked and Warf kills them both gaining control of SF and the Empire.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Neither of you have been keeping up with the Empire's political situation, have you? If you have, then you're more Cartwright-esque than Adm. Sprint from earlier in this thread.

Bad Federation, bad!!
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
    edited March 2014

Worf is not suitable to be the Chancellor, even Worf was aware of that.
    HQroeLu.jpg
    edited March 2014
    warpedcore wrote: »
    Keep in mine that these three factions are all destined to join a larger United Federation of Planets. This alliance is clearly the precursor to that more perfect unions. We start as foes and are brought together by outside forces that wish harm on all of us. We're stronger together than each of us are apart.

While our characters may never see that future, make no mistake that we are seeing that foundation being laid in the stories being told here.

Yes, I sometimes have weird dreams as well. ;)
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • zipagatzipagat Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    shpoks wrote: »

Its a pity they pretty much killed of Martok and his house really as he was way better than Gowron or Jempok.
    edited March 2014
    zipagat wrote: »
    Its a pity they pretty much killed of Martok and his house really as he was way better than Gowron or Jempok.

But he didn't have Gowron's crazy eyes or....err....eye....;)
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • captainbrian11captainbrian11 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    warpedcore wrote: »

well that's what ONE possiable future shown to Archer implied.
    Tme travel being what it is, we can't take that for granted.

quite frankly I hope the frachise largely forgets about the temporal cold war
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    I saw that episode, too. Worf doesn't give himself enough credit.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    War Game Scenarios.

That will ultimately be the jest of it.

That or, the can change the NPCs to another race.
    edited March 2014
    I saw that episode, too. Worf doesn't give himself enough credit.

He does. But he's also aware that he is not the right person for the job. And I agree, Worf as much as we all came to like him, is not suitable to lead the Klingon Empire.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    bluegeek wrote: »
    Based on those "little conversations" that happen at the end of both "Sphere of Influence" and "Step Between Stars", this is not exactly a friendly relationship.

I agree - they may end the war (and I hope they do), but that doesn't necessarily guarantee peace. There are outcomes which could end formal hostilies, allow for joint operations, and still allow for the re-establishment of the Neutral Zone and the occasional border skirmish.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • sirboulevardsirboulevard Member Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Worf isn't going to get the job. One, Cryptic has to pay for him again (which was expensive), Two, Michael Dorn is trying to get his own Worf Trek series off the ground and wasn't thrilled with his character's development in STO. Three, Worf really isn't going to last as Chancellor for long, from the Klingon perspective he's overly rigid to his sense of honor, quick to diplomacy over honorable combat and once worked for the Federation: He'd be assasinated by the end of the week.

Also J'mpok really isn't the monster everyone thinks he is. I'm more inclined to believe Torg was the Undine infiltrator. J'mpok has been proven right sooo many times. Yes, there were Undine among the Gorn Leadership, but not their King. Yes, there are Undine among the Federation (and even the Feds, backstory brings up Chakotay in particular, have realized far too late that he was right on that point) and that the Undine are so aggressive against their peoples a war really was necessary.

There is no evidence pointing to J'mpok as an Undine or anything less than a reasonable authority figure. Yes, he killed Martok. But that's par for the course for Klingon Politics. And while the House of Martok might want vengence, he did allow them to present their evidence of treachery by the House of Torg, which is the honorable thing to do. Gowron and K'mpec sure wouldn't have allowed that for their own political reasons.

And on a last note, it doesn't make sense to have J'mpok, D'tan or Quinn be Undine. The fact that Sulu was replaced in Terradome makes far more sense. The big name guy is going to be under constant scrutiny. Replace their Number One, which Sulu was. That guy can at least manipulate the data under the radar and trick the big goods into betraying their own people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TRIBBLE Hydra! Hail Janeway!