test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STO Outage (3/21/14) [Resolved!]

Comments

• shawnawhitewolfshawnawhitewolf Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    i give up play my new ps4 buy

Seven of Nine: Comforting words. Use them next time instead of "Resistance is futile". You may elicit a few volunteers.
    :mad:
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    We're currently working with engineering for our Boston servers. As I'm sure you'd understand, carrier pigeons do take a while. :P

But really, we're looking at the servers right now to see what went wrong. I will give you updates as soon as I can with substantial information.

Thank you for this update.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Askray
    maxvitor wrote: »
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf
    That's quite the paradox, how could you nerf nerf when the nerf is nerfed. But how would the nerf be nerfed when the nerf is nerfed? This allows the nerf not to be nerfed since the nerf is nerfed? But if the nerf isn't nerfed, it could still nerf nerfs. But as soon as the nerf is nerfed, the nerf power is lost. So paradoxally it the nerf nerf lost its nerf, while it's still nerfed, which cannot be because the nerf was unable to nerf.

I call it, the Stoutes paradox.
  • ibuyevryshipibuyevryship Member Posts: 280
    edited March 2014
    zeratk wrote: »
    Oh no, hopefully you can use the rest of your 20hrs for playing your 24/7 gaming. ;)

hehe well, i like play this game , when its UP :)
  • tharrisxtharrisx Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Thank you for this update.

Agreed, thanks.

Patching Neverwinter... Perhaps I can work on my new toon.
  • devtrackerdevtracker Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    For anyone getting impatient, I'd like to remind you that Cryptic/PW is losing money every second this game is offline. As much as you want to get in game so you can enjoy your Friday night at home playing video games, Cryptic's motivation to get the game up and running is actually far stronger than yours.
  • stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    hehe well, i like play this game , when its UP :)
    I prefer to play when it's OP, tbh...
    maxvitor wrote: »
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf
    That's quite the paradox, how could you nerf nerf when the nerf is nerfed. But how would the nerf be nerfed when the nerf is nerfed? This allows the nerf not to be nerfed since the nerf is nerfed? But if the nerf isn't nerfed, it could still nerf nerfs. But as soon as the nerf is nerfed, the nerf power is lost. So paradoxally it the nerf nerf lost its nerf, while it's still nerfed, which cannot be because the nerf was unable to nerf.

I call it, the Stoutes paradox.
  • n0vastaronen0vastarone Member Posts: 392 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    4h4uFix.pngJoin Date. Dec 2007
  • kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    What happens if they send a ton of players to the Foundry, which has long loading screens for a reason and hasn't been optimized, improved, or maintained much in 3 years?

I hope that question is nonsensical, due to what is really going on. Otherwise, all of you grinders can blame the evil Foundry cabal for sabotaging your plans to play the same mission 8 times today.

Or blame the Foundry for being the monster of Frankenstein who turns on his creator after the creator abandons him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vonwraithvonwraith Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Gone Riding!
  • skylarcometskylarcomet Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    A mod in-game should know he's not accessing the login server at that time. So, when login server conks out, basically everyone stays online for the duration of their connection. And then ppl can't log in any more afterwards.

This is true, but I had logged in prior to that post, though after about five minutes in was given the boot, then I came to the forums to see what was up, if anything. :)

I think it was not wide spread at first, that is all I am saying, and for all I know the mod logged out and back in to check.
    >:)ruff, meow, moo, whatever.... *shrug*
    [ Still Waiting for a Shiny New T6 Romulan Science Ship to Command ]
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    i give up play my new ps4 buy

??

Post drunk when you not. :P
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • genysxgenysx Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    devtracker wrote: »
    For anyone getting impatient, I'd like to remind you that Cryptic/PW is losing money every second this game is offline. As much as you want to get in game so you can enjoy your Friday night at home, Cryptic's motivation is far stronger than yours.

DUDE has a point I mean its only been 5 hours now. So I am guessing the techs are still out to lunch.
  • zeratkzeratk Member Posts: 409
    edited March 2014
    Seriously, this 114 pages make more fun than playing this Grind Content! :cool:
    This is Crypticverse... :mad:
  • robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    But really, we're looking at the servers right now

It's not polite to stare. You know that is just going to lead to touching them.
  • shenadrenshenadren Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Fun fact: One data center for Google has 55,200 servers.
  • tango2bravotango2bravo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    we have been lucky with all the new stuff and not many major crashes lately.
  • zeratkzeratk Member Posts: 409
    edited March 2014
    robdmc wrote: »
    It's not polite to stare. You know that is just going to lead to touching them.

Do not point with a bare finger on people wearing clothes!
    This is Crypticverse... :mad:
  • romeowhiskey4romeowhiskey4 Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    stoutes wrote: »
    It was pretty much what you asked, do you have any more wishes? :D:cool:

I actually know a guy who watches tractors ploughing fields on youtube... seriously... he is fascinated by them. He used to work on a farm... I call it tractor TRIBBLE...so... in honour of him...find me the best tractor TRIBBLE out there!
    edited March 2014
    ??

Post drunk when you not. :P

LAWL that made me laugh too
  • thisisoverlordthisisoverlord Member Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    kirksplat wrote: »
    What happens if they send a ton of players to the Foundry, which has long loading screens for a reason and hasn't been optimized, improved, or maintained much in 3 years?

I hope that question is nonsensical, due to what is really going on. Otherwise, all of you grinders can blame the evil Foundry cabal for sabotaging your plans to play the same mission 8 times today.

Or blame the Foundry for being the monster of Frankenstein who turns on his creator after the creator abandons him to die.

Lol I guess the Foundry Weekend is done for the moment. Not that many people really play the Foundry unless it for reward otherwise there's no demand for story content developed using a horribly under-supported and feature-lacking design tool (When the old NWN2 Toolset has more features you know there's a problem).

But no this outage is like the other two I linked to from last year where there is a server / network level problem... it started off with a few users, then a lot in certain countries and now it's spread the server was taken offline to resolve the issue, could take 8 hours could take the whole weekend.

:o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • abystander0abystander0 Member Posts: 649 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    stoutes wrote: »
    Here, take another cookie!

And now a word from the expert...

:P
  • oklavsoklavs Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Askray
  • chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    We're currently working with engineering for our Boston servers. As I'm sure you'd understand, carrier pigeons do take a while. :P

But really, we're looking at the servers right now to see what went wrong. I will give you updates as soon as I can with substantial information.

you still don't know the problem?
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • duxbellorum1duxbellorum1 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    What is actually wrong? Or are you guys sneaking patching for season 9 :D:D
  • rickdankorickdanko Member Posts: 470 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Well, if the game is down for another 10 hours, at least I can enjoy Picard and Riker being cool!

All apologies if this classic was posted before (in this thread).
    They're not really gone, as long as we remember them
    candle_burning.gif
    Plasma Nugget
    Rayzee
    excellentawesome#4589
    torgaddon101
    raeat

I'm allowed to disagree.
  • purlenutsackpurlenutsack Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited March 2014

I'm sorry, but I can't stop laughing.
  • attodon2000attodon2000 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I actually know a guy who watches tractors ploughing fields on youtube... seriously... he is fascinated by them. He used to work on a farm... I call it tractor TRIBBLE...so... in honour of him...find me the best tractor TRIBBLE out there!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLCUGGnjFI0

Your welcome
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2014
    Lol I guess the Foundry Weekend is done for the moment. Not that many people really play the Foundry unless it for reward otherwise there's no demand for story content developed using a horribly under-supported and feature-lacking design tool (When the old NWN2 Toolset has more features you know there's a problem).

But no this outage is like the other two I linked to from last year where there is a server / network level problem... it started off with a few users, then a lot in certain countries and now it's spread the server was taken offline to resolve the issue, could take 8 hours could take the whole weekend.

:o

I'd love to get into the foundry, make stories..but my god.it is not user friendly. and I miss City of heroes Architect. That was user friendly.
  • stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited March 2014

So that explains it! Since server crashes ALWAYS happen when a new season appears!
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
This discussion has been closed.