What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

STO Outage (3/21/14) [Resolved!]

Comments

• Options
    kargandarrkargandarr Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    What happened with the servers this time. I have no idea why but this happens about once a year. The same thing happened last year when Legacy of Romulus came out and the servers were down until around 3:00 or 4:00 am est.
  • Options
    duxbellorum1duxbellorum1 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    lhtst wrote: »
    surely one of the bigger problems they are going to have is when it all starts back up again and everyone online tries to logon at the same time. The poor logon server/s are going to think they are being hit with a DDOS attack

Lol they fix it, and then we break it, just like small children ;D
  • Options
    romeowhiskey4romeowhiskey4 Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    stoutes wrote: »
    If he likes that, he loves this.

Now now...no more of that I'm afraid. Some moderators seem to have have had senseofhumour-ectomies and I am no longer to comment on comedic things such as this. Lest I get another slapped wrist.....

Wonder if everyone else using the phrase I used got a spanking as well....

Oh well.
  • Options
    atatassaultatatassault Member Posts: 1,008 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Will the Mirror Invasion event be extended by say 2 days to account for time lost?
  • Options
    darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I understand that information is disseminated over twitter, especially when there are server issues but I don't twit and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Is there any possibility that there could be updates made on the STO homepage?

A little server up/down indicator would also be really appreciated.
  • Options
    shenadrenshenadren Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2014
  • Options
    synnbadsynnbad Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    still down wth .../sigh... i wonder if they do this on purpose just so they do not have to respond to tickets ?!?! :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tuxisiustuxisius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If he likes that, he loves this.

And this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yHl24QynOM
  • Options
    elandarkskyelandarksky Member Posts: 1,013 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Will the Mirror Invasion event be extended by say 2 days to account for time lost?

unlikely, just like the other evenets where there have been a few hours unscheduled downtime
    [Combat (Self)] Your Bite deals 2378 (1475) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother.
  • Options
    tango2bravotango2bravo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014

I hope it stays after the event. I love that one. I like the station defenses.
  • Options
    kreenklopskreenklops Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    switchngc wrote: »
    Seems all Cryptic games use the same server... Not just STO is down, but Champions and Neverwinter too

So it's no minor thing .. *hit.. :(
  • Options
    stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Now now...no more of that I'm afraid. Some moderators seem to have have had senseofhumour-ectomies and I am no longer to comment on comedic things such as this. Lest I get another slapped wrist.....

Wonder if everyone else using the phrase I used got a spanking as well....

Oh well.
    We're all adults, not having any fun here... Walk on... nothing to see...
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Devs, any ideas yet on why exactly the server crapped out?

Or is it still a mystery?

(my money's on "the hamsters died")
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    unlikely, just like the other evenets where there have been a few hours unscheduled downtime

If this is really going to take longer than a day, it would only be courteous to extend the Mirror Event a day too.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »

was just thinking hamsters and ninja'd on the response. i also would like to know considering how long its been down.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    kythosskythoss Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Guess they called it a weekend...
  • Options
    thisisoverlordthisisoverlord Member Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »

It's something to do with network routing just like the last two times it happened, where it began with a few people not being able to ping the server and then ended up with most of us not being able to.

I already posted the links to the other 1000+ reply threads from last year where the same circumstances occurred.

On one occasion they fixed in 24 hours, the other took 72 hours.

Anyways in enjoy after all it is The Year of Broken FAW. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • Options
    maxoverkillmaxoverkill Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    great klingons hunting tribbles again and break everting in signt to hit them
  • Options
    perfectcrypticperfectcryptic Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    What is the record on "unscheduled server downtime". This must be getting close since they don't even know w is wrong.
  • Options
    erraberrab Member Posts: 1,428 Arc User
    edited March 2014

I'm hoping that if the server is not brought back online in time this evening and that if it causes some players to miss a day that we'll all be given the item that we need to add to the rep project to compensate us.

I'm able to get the event done with my 5 Fed Characters in the early mornings and I normally get it done with my 5 KDF Characters in the mid evenings.

So far I've yet to be able to get the event done with my KDF Characters and the sever crashed just has I got to the 2nd phase of the event with my 1st KDF Character today :mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
  • Options
    kreenklopskreenklops Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I hope it saved my clothing edits, took me some time to make them.. I'm just saying because I bound a power to another key, started a mission and got DCed while on it before the widespread failure occurred. I could simply log back in at that time, but could not start the mission. So, I restarted the game client, continuing the mission worked, but while doing it I realized, that the keybinding of that power I moved before was again the old one.. so, no saving there.. hope my tailor stuff got saved .. :confused:
  • Options
    kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    That is the problem, it's almost impossible to do anything truly good with the tools currently at hand, the current enthusiasts who do try their best with the crappy tools Cryptic have left them to use often have to resort to hacks and and all kinds of non-optimal methods to just get the basic functionality they need to create a mission.

The thing is as much as I admire the enthusiasm The Foundry as it is just doesn't draw a significant number of users and never will, even with reward weekends like this one... where the reality is people just spam the spotlights and then disappear after the weekend ends. All this just shows that people go for the rewards not the Foundry itself. It's a thankless task being a Foundry Author, little love from the developers and even less from most users. So you probably made a good choice avoiding it.

If anyone is in the GMT timezone I suggest at this point unless you're a night owl you should get some sleep. It's probably not going to get resolved any time soon :)

Well, if you're defining "truly good" solely by tech tricks, then we're destined to not meet your standards. But we're telling creative stories in a way that Cryptic avoids. They avoid politics, philosophy, and morals , messages, and meanings (to paraphase MissionLogPod) of Star Trek. We don't.

So, it just depends on your standards of quality Trek content. We can't make a mission like "No Win Scenario." But, we can make a mission like TNG's "The Inner Light," at least in terms of offering you a good story set in the universe of Star Trek.

Sure the thing is limited and frustrating. But, out of all the moments I've enjoyed the most in this game, most of them happen due to the creativity of a Star Trek fan who wants to tell a good story that contributes to something he or she knows well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kargandarrkargandarr Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    they will not give us the transporter doohickeys for the project for free.
  • Options
    oklavsoklavs Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    does anyone else miss wildboar in this thread?
  • Options
    iceraven1977iceraven1977 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    is there any idea how long this will be down been 5 hours allready for me
  • Options
    ronrobaronroba Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Dilithium Refine just restarted... i hope we get double cap.....
  • Options
    baelogventurebaelogventure Member Posts: 1,002 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Maybe it was Cryptic's "Bring Your Monkey To Work" day and they all got loose in the server room...

Animal Control is busy responding to the situation as well.
  • Options
    romeowhiskey4romeowhiskey4 Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    We're all adults, not having any fun here... Walk on... nothing to see...

Oh my... indeed, but some people seem to have double standards... remember... Do as I say, not as I do. Some rules seem not to apply to others especially those with super-duper forum powers. No fun being had here. We must sit in silence and await the serves to come back online... NO TALKING IN THE BACK!! Geoffrey...put Cynthia back onto her chair. John, the glue is not for eating nor is it for sticking up your nose.... George....don't do that...
  • Options
    duxbellorum1duxbellorum1 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    shenadren wrote: »

loved it hahahahaha
This discussion has been closed.