spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    That moment when the server died…
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFGfWrJR5Ck
    P58WJe7.jpg

• Options
    k0rsak0fk0rsak0f Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    to tell you the truth.. im dialectic and the forum it self is a mess for me. dont have twitter either so im missing out on a lot of information.. this is starting to annoy me

would be awsome if thy show a bit of what thy do and how long thy think it will take.
  • Options
    stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    kirksplat wrote: »
    Well, if you're defining "truly good" solely by tech tricks, then we're destined to not meet your standards. But we're telling creative stories in a way that Cryptic avoids. They avoid politics, philosophy, and morals , messages, and meanings (to paraphase MissionLogPod) of Star Trek. We don't.

So, it just depends on your standards of quality Trek content. We can't make a mission like "No Win Scenario." But, we can make a mission like TNG's "The Inner Light," at least in terms of offering you a good story set in the universe of Star Trek.

Sure the thing is limited and frustrating. But, out of all the moments I've enjoyed the most in this game, most of them happen due to the creativity of a Star Trek fan who wants to tell a good story that contributes to something he or she knows well.

And there we have it. :) If only more people could see the truth of this.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    is there any idea how long this will be down been 5 hours allready for me

Well, I loved what the guy said in Hydrophobia, "I only have 2 balls, and neither of them are crystal." :P
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    iceraven1977iceraven1977 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    killmare at the gates
  • Options
    notapwefannotapwefan Member Posts: 1,138 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    STO is down due to Undine invasion.

Some dimension should never be tempered with.
    Grinding for MkIV epic gear?
    Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    shenadrenshenadren Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    loved it hahahahaha

I'm glad you enjoyed it! I had to skip back several times because i was laughing too hard and missed a few. This happened many times. :D
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    killmare at the gates

"Shaka, when the firewalls fell."
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    kirksplat wrote: »
    Well, if you're defining "truly good" solely by tech tricks, then we're destined to not meet your standards. But we're telling creative stories in a way that Cryptic avoids. They avoid politics, philosophy, and morals , messages, and meanings (to paraphase MissionLogPod) of Star Trek. We don't.

So, it just depends on your standards of quality Trek content. We can't make a mission like "No Win Scenario." But, we can make a mission like TNG's "The Inner Light," at least in terms of offering you a good story set in the universe of Star Trek.

Sure the thing is limited and frustrating. But, out of all the moments I've enjoyed the most in this game, most of them happen due to the creativity of a Star Trek fan who wants to tell a good story that contributes to something he or she knows well.

Kirksplat,
    I've always wondered how the literary process worked when creating content in the Foundry.

Do You start out writing the story first, then pounding it out into reality, (virtual that is), using our crude Foundry tools?

What inspires your story writing?

Just curious.
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
    freelancer2012freelancer2012 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Maintance everyday and still server's going down for no reason, ingame support takes about 2 week's to get a standart responce? Is this the best Support NA? Even use my money as toilet paper is a better investment then putting any Money in this Game. Vote for crapiest Game Support in History. I like this Game but the Comapny who own's this Game is a bunch of money begging jew's.
  • Options
    notrealednanotrealedna Member Posts: 1,028
    edited March 2014
    Steam is down too.
  • Options
    iceraven1977iceraven1977 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    shaka at the gates of the undine
  • Options
    tfomegatfomega Member Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Over 5 hours and they are still at square one troubleshooting.

I AM NOT A FAN OF PWE!!!!
    MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2010
  • Options
    alan171717alan171717 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Well, can we have an extra day for the mirror event?
    I had some tests and I need the extra day of Mirror to make up for the days I didn't play if I can't get on today
    "I am a travelor of both time and space to be where I have been"
  • Options
    n0vastaronen0vastarone Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Steam is down too.

Steam server stability went out the moment they included MAC support. Now it's down every other day.
    4h4uFix.pngJoin Date. Dec 2007
  • Options
    groomofweirdgroomofweird Member Posts: 1,045 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    oklavs wrote: »
    Will raise your (or is it you're) Sonic with a amble into the past with Streets of Rage

Celebrity death match time lol!
    Ill bring a shinobi/dwarf from goldenaxe tag team :D
    Nimoysig1_zpsr79joxz3.jpg
    "If this will be our end, then I will have them make SUCH an end as to be worthy of rememberance! Out of torpedos you say?! Find me the ferengi!".
  • Options
    alanburchalanburch Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    No posts from me in almost a year -- This is what it takes?

I should be more involved. lol
  • Options
    shadowkain666shadowkain666 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    As frustrating as it can be to many that this thread contains some unnecessary, irrelevant, or even some absolutely ridiculous nonsense, I would like to remind everyone, Moderators, Devs, and users alike that, in this downtime, a jovial group of fans such as us simply enjoy an outlet while we wait for the servers to come back online.

In all the chaos, I think a number of people (not limited just to users) have overlooked something extraordinary and important. As of my writing this post, there were 115 pages worth of posts, many of those posts containing users that have stayed watching and replying to this thread ever since the issue began. Moderators, you may get worked up and frustrated with trying to balance your duty to contain "unnecessary" posts and punish violations of the Terms of Service and EULA. Players, you may get worked up with the moderators for constantly editing posts, or for Askray's early (honest) mistake at insisting that the problem must be client-side rather than an issue on PWE's end. In spite of all of this, look at how long this thread is, look at how many of us are still here talking amongst ourselves, really look!

We've all been overlooking just how extraordinarily passionate each and every one of us here are. Like the Romulans and Remans, we have - for a time - lost our home, and our passion drives us to do something about that. Some of us turn to anger, some to despair, some to jovial sidetracking to pass the time until we find another. This, while chaotic, should not be discouraged; it shows just how passionate of a community we have, no matter how divided we may consistently be.

Perhaps, if any Moderators or developers honor me by taking the time to read this post in its entirety, we could have someone with the information, communicate with us what the actual problem is, share with us what is taking place. We do not need to understand it entirely, it does not have to be oversimplified to make us understand, just to hear will help bring all of us a little closer together while we all wait to find our lost home once more.

Jolan tru, brothers and sisters, never lose your passion.
    e63e55c36223829a1ca86f1c34decbb41412849597_604x370.jpg
  • Options
    kreenklopskreenklops Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Maintance everyday and still server's going down for no reason, ingame support takes about 2 week's to get a standart responce? Is this the best Support NA? Even use my money as toilet paper is a better investment then putting any Money in this Game. Vote for crapiest Game Support in History. I like this Game but the Comapny who own's this Game is a bunch of money begging jew's.

I don't say that often: soab go an kill yourself! And I mean it.
  • Options
    kianazerokianazero Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Not when a mod starts the thread off with this, no:

That does not spell "We're taking you peeps serious." in my book.

You do realize that a forum mod is not a dev right? His job is to watch over the forum, not fix a game bug or fetch a runaway hamster. Also have you taken note of his edit?

askray wrote: »
    EDIT AT 3:42 PM pdt

Guys, this response I made was posted at 10:57 am when it was NOT widespread it was localized. It's since then spread so realize that when posting a response about my post :P

It would be like harping on a roadie for Metallica that they're late and not yet playing as if the roadie has control over when the band arrives or begins their show.

A Volunteer Community Moderator is not one of the guys working on the servers nor is he able to help. Chances are that he's like us, living somewhere where the servers are not and doing things through his computer to watch the forum.
  • Options
    maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    great klingons hunting tribbles again and break everting in signt to hit them
    Great, Klingons do know the difference between a tribble and a hamster right?
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • Options
    realminirealmini Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited March 2014

this is the best forum post of all time
  • Options
    thisisoverlordthisisoverlord Member Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    And there we have it. :) If only more people could see the truth of this.

Truth is relative most people who play this game for good or ill have no interest in Foundry Content unless there is some kind of reward.

Cryptic have only ever paid lip service to it and to be honest unless Cryptic where to take a more story orientated approach to the games design and mechanics and also give a truly workable tool to create missions with complex scripting and 3D design management it won't even get close to what people were doing with Nevewinter Nights 2 and its toolset almost 8 years ago.

The truth for me is that you can be the best storyteller in the world but without the best tools and material required to transform the story from idea to published reality it's not going to be worthwhile for most people to read a poor resolution copy of Lord of the Rings made with toilet paper and a crayon, no matter how amazing the story is :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited March 2014
  • Options
    alanburchalanburch Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    alan171717 wrote: »
    Well, can we have an extra day for the mirror event?
    I had some tests and I need the extra day of Mirror to make up for the days I didn't play if I can't get on today

Agree. I hope we get an extension for the event.
  • Options
    kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    alanburch wrote: »
    No posts from me in almost a year -- This is what it takes?

I should be more involved. lol

This routine has actually gotten me into using Twitter...
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
  • Options
    notrealednanotrealedna Member Posts: 1,028
    edited March 2014
    Steam server stability went out the moment they included MAC support. Now it's down every other day.

if you go on steam forums you will see they know its a DDos attack.

http://www.digitalattackmap.com/#anim=1&color=0&country=ALL&time=16150&view=map
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    rob2485 wrote: »
    Without knowing for sure I can't assume what they are doing but the best option for a company that is in it for profit would be to use something like a cluster. The account server is 1 server for all games with a huge database that handles all of the players logins.

Oh, it's a cluster-**** alright. :P

Seriously, 1 login server does not for a reliable backup make.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    As frustrating as it can be to many that this thread contains some unnecessary, irrelevant, or even some absolutely ridiculous nonsense, I would like to remind everyone, Moderators, Devs, and users alike that, in this downtime, a jovial group of fans such as us simply enjoy an outlet while we wait for the servers to come back online.

In all the chaos, I think a number of people (not limited just to users) have overlooked something extraordinary and important. As of my writing this post, there were 115 pages worth of posts, many of those posts containing users that have stayed watching and replying to this thread ever since the issue began. Moderators, you may get worked up and frustrated with trying to balance your duty to contain "unnecessary" posts and punish violations of the Terms of Service and EULA. Players, you may get worked up with the moderators for constantly editing posts, for Askray's early (honest) mistake at insisting that the problem must be client-side rather than an issue on PWE's end. In spite of all of this, look at how long this thread is, look at how many of us are still here talking amongst ourselves, really look!

We've all been overlooking just how extraordinarily passionate each and every one of us here are. Like the Romulans and Remans, we have - for a time - lost our home, and our passion drives us to do something about that. Some of us turn to anger, some to despair, some to jovial sidetracking to pass the time until we find another. This, while chaotic, should not be discouraged; it shows just how passionate of a community we have, no matter how divided we may consistently be.

Perhaps, if any Moderators or developers honor me by taking the time to read this post in its entirety, we could have someone with the information, communicate with us what the actual problem is, share with us what is taking place. We do not need to understand it entirely, it does not have to be oversimplified to make us understand, just to hear with help bring all of us a little closer together while we all wait to find our lost home once more.

Jolan tru, brothers and sisters, never lose your passion.

As many including myself have stated in this thread, we have 0 information above what you have. So asking us to inform you won't help as we don't have any information than what you have. The only information anyone has released has been updated in the first post and that's all I got.

And by we I mean moderators.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

This discussion has been closed.